/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 22nd of December:
609 – Muhammad claims to receive his first revelation.
1216 – Pope Honorius III approves the Dominican Order through the papal bull of confirmation Religiosam vitam.
1790 – The Turkish fortress of Izmail is stormed and captured by Alexander Suvorov and his Russian armies.
1807 – The Embargo Act, forbidding trade with all foreign countries, is passed by the U.S. Congress, at the urging of President Thomas Jefferson.
1885 – Itō Hirobumi, a samurai, became the first Prime Minister of Japan.
1888 – The Christmas Meeting of 1888, considered to be the official start of the Faroese independence movement.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

first

fuck the blacks

>these games arent just to live out your edgy teenage /pol/tard fantasie-

Is HOI4 good yet?

Just got EU4 off of steam. What DLCs are necessary and which ones can i just ignore?

I really don't get the "my post" meme, I get people here like to spam irreverent unfunny memes due to their lack of societal and situational awareness, but it has absolutely no merit what-so-ever, it's not even humorous, the mark of the typical "comedic" stylings of redundant imbeciles such as yourselves.

the new one is purely confined to the middle east so you can pretty much ignore it if that ain't your thing.

refund the game and torrent it + all DLC

Not really, considering they paywalled the entire drill and army professionalism mechanic behind it.
See:

>they paywalled the entire drill and army professionalism mechanic behind it.
oh your fucking kidding me

Got a reliable torrent link?

in the OP

Both these mechanics are shit. Well, professionalism is ok, but drill is absolutely worthless garbage.

>reliable

are you retarded

Cheers, glad I checked here first before I sunk potentially 60+ dollary doos into this game.

Hi

this but unironically

Niggermod, next version can you add a decision to create a puppet Poland general government in west Galicia/Galicia-Lodmeria, possiblly reusing the Congress Poland tag for this (so actual Poland doesn't lose cores in Masovia), something that lets you take Arlon/Namur/Liege, a "Release puppet" casus belli for Bohemia minus the Sudetes and a decision to split Switzerland linguistically please?

he cant code. He can only steal off other mods though

And yet it's STILL better than Grandimod. Checkmate, Mustafa.

>literally grandimod except with removed content and meme decisions that make playing as meme nations easier

No it's not the only good thing he did was fix genocide
>Mustafa
Yes I am the resident Turk

y-you too

Ah, the exact same arguments you were spamming two days ago. I can't say I've missed them.
>a load of niggers that lag the game is "content"
whew boy i wonder if n'dntu still has a b'igguy plurality or if the Ntwenge have finally become the largest culture, at 13%

>BASED mod that removes content so I can play a 6 year old game at 25fps on my 1GHz CPU thank you based slav modder

>whew boy i wonder if n'dntu still has a b'igguy plurality or if the Ntwenge have finally become the largest culture, at 13%
Ah yes how dare he put in historical cultures in a history based game wow so unbased. Also they don't lag the game
hes a germania kid

give me a nation to play in MnT and goals
the biggest and dankest meme wins and ill post progress

This, but unironically.
>still spamming the same exact words even
Say it removes content again, pretty please.

Turkish empire
>removing cultures isn't removing cultures
BASED geecuck jr dropping the real redpills

The cultures serve no purpose though. If he added 8 cultures in Europe nobody would care but these are literally who tribes in the middle of nowhere.

>If he added 8 cultures in Europe nobody would care
nobody does care except the 2 people who play niggermod

I forgot to mention become Kurdish and convert to Judaism or shinto or some meme
Not sure about territorial shit though
>The cultures serve no purpose though. If he added 8 cultures in Europe nobody would care but these are literally who tribes in the middle of nowhere.
They do though they literally represent historical cultures in Africa

>random african tribes are quality content
Name a single gameplay improvement from these tribes.

More rp potential and it's HISTORICAL tbqh and it stops Africans accepting cultures they normally wouldn't because its just counted as african minor by your logic Europe, America etc should have generalised cultures too.

>gameplay improvement
>in a historical autism simulator
?

>cultures in Africa
That's the thing though, he could put a hundred new cultures in there and it would still be "historical", but it wouldn't actually add anything.

Guess we should add in a European culture and generalise Europe though because having individual cultures doesn't mean anything

fuck im not enjoying being dp'd by kara boga

Europe is far more important than Africa though. They shouldn't receive the same amount of attention.
So you admit it doesn't improve gameplay, it's just there for people to say HPM did something?

*assimilates into black turkish*

im testing something
results pending

There aren't any actual cultural differences thoughl they all live in mudhuts, worship rain, and put a bone through their nose. If you want to fetishize Africans be my guest, but I'll still prefer niggermod because I could not care less about "forest bantus".

Rwandan paratrooper memes

BASED bantoid*
*not forest bantoid

What's a good nation to start with in Darkest Hour? I tried Hungary but I was crushed by the Soviets in 1942.

>They shouldn't receive the same amount of attention because they aren't as relevant
So then only gps and sps should have flavours, cultures or events?
literally untrue though
We are proud BLACK warriors

Damn, you got me.
*reinstalls HPM*

>So then only gps and sps should have flavours, cultures or events?
no only WHITE men should get flavours, cultures, and events, everything outside of Europe (and japan) should be 100% "untermenschen"
>literally untrue though
Yeah, some danced round their fire clockwise, some danced round their fire anti-clockwise.

Not that any of them actually had clocks, but you know what I mean.

my nation

Italy in all HoI games. You can't possibly fuck up as much as they did IRL.

>no only WHITE men should get flavours, cultures, and events, everything outside of Europe (and japan) should be 100% "untermenschen
Hope this is bait since your literally admitting it's because you don't like Africans that you don't like them representing the different cultures
>Yeah, some danced round their fire clockwise, some danced round their fire anti-clockwise.
>Not that any of them actually had clocks, but you know what I mean.
Ah yes they have no cultural differences which is why they hate each other and kill each other all the time.

I mean, I don't really care about Indians, but at least for them it makes sense. Ditto for China

>Hope this is bait since your literally admitting it's because you don't like Africans that you don't like them representing the different cultures
Not bait, just having a laugh because I'm sick of the conversation at this point.
If you honestly think that in a game about Victorian society, industrialization, urbanization, literacy, and civilization that Africans deserve as much flavour as Euros then we're not going to get anywhere with this. Vanilla's system was cancer, "African minor" is obviously a poor solution and mechanically unfeasible, but HPM's solution of redrawing Africa so in depth as to have 5+ cultures in every province does, in my view, pay fsr too much credence to the importance of sub Saharan africa in the era, which is why I vastly prefer niggermod's system of things.
>Ah yes they have no cultural differences which is why they hate each other and kill each other all the time.
They're tribespeople, that's what they do.
Look at medieval Ireland, should every clan have its own culture?

>I mean, I don't really care about Indians, but at least for them it makes sense. Ditto for China
Epic le based
>They're tribespeople, that's what they do.
>Look at medieval Ireland, should every clan have its own culture?
You utter spacker i mean in the modern era like the Rwandan genocide or the many NATIONALIST wars fought in Africa
>Not bait, just having a laugh because I'm sick of the conversation at this point.
If you honestly think that in a game about Victorian society, industrialization, urbanization, literacy, and civilization that Africans deserve as much flavour as Euros then we're not going to get anywhere with this. Vanilla's system was cancer, "African minor" is obviously a poor solution and mechanically unfeasible, but HPM's solution of redrawing Africa so in depth as to have 5+ cultures in every province does, in my view, pay fsr too much credence to the importance of sub Saharan africa in the era, which is why I vastly prefer niggermod's system of things.
This is your brain on pol. HPM only added a few cultures and hasn't added any flavour to Africa and yet you still can't bear that. Did Africans bully you in highschool?

>You utter spacker i mean in the modern era like the Rwandan genocide or the many NATIONALIST wars fought in Africa
Oh come the fuck on now. First and foremost, we're clearly not discussing the modern day here, this is about V2. Second of all, the modern Rwanda conflixt arose due to the Belgians giving the "Tutsi" roles of power, and using the "hutu" as cattle, this came about entirely due to European medeling, so even according to your own damn parameters they shouldn't be two seperate cultures in 1836.
And this is a huge moot point anyway, as both HPM and vanilla, and for that matter niggermod simulate both Tutsi and Hutu as a single culture, which is exactly the sort of thing you're saying Niggermod shouldn't do, despite it also being done in HPM.
>This is your brain on pol. HPM only added a few cultures and hasn't added any flavour to Africa and yet you still can't bear that. Did Africans bully you in highschool?
yes *sniff* every day they made me suck their big black cocks and laughed at my little white dick

>steals content
>adds one line of code
>call it your mod
why though

Because us pathetic /pol/virgins gotta play too, you know?

>Oh come the fuck on now. First and foremost, we're clearly not discussing the modern day here, this is about V2. Second of all, the modern Rwanda conflixt arose due to the Belgians giving the "Tutsi" roles of power, and using the "hutu" as cattle, this came about entirely due to European medeling, so even according to your own damn parameters they shouldn't be two seperate cultures in 1836.
So you're telling me those cultures we see and ethnic conflicts we see now are completely artifical? Even though Africans have had many different cultures for as long as Europeans?
>And this is a huge moot point anyway, as both HPM and vanilla, and for that matter niggermod simulate both Tutsi and Hutu as a single culture, which is exactly the sort of thing you're saying Niggermod shouldn't do, despite it also being done in HPM.
And they should be different
>yes *sniff* every day they made me suck their big black cocks and laughed at my little white dick
Seeing as you get triggered over HPM adding historical things in just because they are African yeah i can assume you were bullied. Or maybe your an overcompensating mongrel?

>So you're telling me those cultures we see and ethnic conflicts we see now are completely artifical? Even though Africans have had many different cultures for as long as Europeans?
Like I said, they were exacerbated by Europeans as a method of divide and conquer to quickly rule over areas they otherwise wouldn't have been able to. We saw the exact same in India as the British played the muslims and the Hindus off against each other. I'm not saying the conflicts were artificial, I'm saying they were deliberately made worse and/or taken advantage of to suit the needs of colonialism.
>And they should be different
So you're saying there should be even more than HPM currently added? How many do you think would be enough? Because there could be said to be thousands of cultures in Africa, should they all have a unique culture and make the game run worse than MEIOU?
>Seeing as you get triggered over HPM adding historical things in just because they are African yeah i can assume you were bullied. Or maybe your an overcompensating mongrel?
If you can't have a discussion about the merits versus the maluses to adding in largely irrelevant cultures into a game that doesn't benefit from their simulation without accusing me of being whatever archetypal boogeyman you've constructed to dehumanize me and my opinions then you need to grow up.

Not him but
>be a Belgian colonial bureaucrat in Kinshasa
>WW1 ends, Belgium gets some small but densely populated lands from the Germans
>get relocated to this new, unknown land
>close your eyes and pick an absolutely random 10% to command the colony
Eithee way this whole conversationis useless, since HPM won't back down (rightfully, this time), you'll still be the only person playing niggermod and also one of the 2 people complaining about this change.
I really do wish some of the bright coloured cultures had a different colour though, the blue thing around Sierea Leone is absolutely disgusting.

>playing Korea
>great power fairly quickly thanks to great RGOs
>pops are literally yellow forever until I sphere ottos and persia because of fucking wool and fruit
ree

Honestly though what does having this vast array of pointless cultures add to your game? I really don't care about it, I just like to kick up a fuss about nothing, but from my perspective these cultures add near nothing (They are marginally useful in the event of a player led African nation, but even then it's debatable) and slow down the game. V2 already has enough to simulate with all the liquor and other goods, and factories, and now 100 provinces have to deal with having 5+ cultures in every game, cultures that don't drastically differ from one another in reality and certainly not in game terms. I can see why someone would be a neutral observer on this, and I can see why someone would be against it, but I can't for the life of me understand why someone would defend this as a meaningful change when from where I'm sitting it is a net negative contribution.

>Like I said, they were exacerbated by Europeans as a method of divide and conquer to quickly rule over areas they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.
Yeah almost like the tribes were different....
>We saw the exact same in India as the British played the muslims and the Hindus off against each other. I'm not saying the conflicts were artificial, I'm saying they were deliberately made worse and/or taken advantage of to suit the needs of colonialism.
Again different cultures Indian was a colonial idea. There was never an indiand culture but many different in the region
>So you're saying there should be even more than HPM currently added? How many do you think would be
Obviously you can't simulate everything but yeah I think a few more should be added
>Because there could be said to be thousands of cultures in Africa, should they all have a unique culture and make the game run worse than MEIOU?
It doesn't affect the gamespeed unless you have a potato tier laptop so fuck off with this meme
>If you can't have a discussion about the merits versus the maluses to adding in largely irrelevant cultures into a game that doesn't benefit from their simulation without accusing me of being whatever archetypal boogeyman you've constructed to dehumanize me and my opinions then you need to grow up.
No I'm just making fun of you for cringey pol comments like: no only WHITE men should get flavours, cultures, and events, everything outside of Europe (and japan) should be 100% "untermenschen
So stop trying to take the moral highground you don't have

>199442183
Ask your mum for a better pc for Christmas instead of your shitty dell laptop

But like, if you're going to put in time to mod, why bother wasting it on dumb shit? There are 80 billion more important things that could be added instead

>Yeah almost like the tribes were different....
On a regional localised level, yeah. The same way Parisians and Normans are a different culture, the only difference is they lived in an uncivilised barbaric land, so their differences weren't aired through stereotypes and mockery, but through warfare and violence.
>Again different cultures Indian was a colonial idea. There was never an indiand culture but many different in the region
True, but what I'm saying is the British made these tensions and underlying issues worse in order to rule both, divide and conquer.
>Obviously you can't simulate everything but yeah I think a few more should be added
How many more? Bearing in mind due to the nature of the engine that adding a single culture can be quite CPU intensive and due care and attention needs to be taken when deciding how worthy they are of becoming in game cultures.
>It doesn't affect the gamespeed unless you have a potato tier laptop so fuck off with this meme
This is the way the game is built, and this is the same argument Gigau and the MEIOU developers use to justify their huge changes. You can't just say that these things don't matter, performance can always be better, and it can always be made worse. Granted it's not too bad in HPM but if he adds a dozen more African cultures it may become so.
>No I'm just making fun of you for cringey pol comments like: no only WHITE men should get flavours, cultures, and events, everything outside of Europe (and japan) should be 100% "untermenschen
I've already explained to you that was a joke. Part self-defamation, part satire, I guess my humor is simply FAR too advanced for you.

It's not about that, it's about the fact this needlessly lowered performance for everyone and in return added nothing of value to the game. Whether you're using some ten year old heap of shit or some i9 dreammachine performance was still lowered, unnecessarily in my view.

We need more European cultures at the moment desu

after a set of bloody civil wars only won by the enemy trying to cross a river into a wall of pikes the van Chad dynasty in Brittany holds fast after almost collapsing around 8 times in a row after Chad van Chad Chadzsoon, first King of Brittany and Holy Roman Emperor died neck deep in pussy.

His Son, Chad II van Chad Chadzsoon isn't nearly as much of a chad as his father Chad, but he makes do.

That's all well and good, but what's your stance on African cultures in Victoria 2?

Didn't a Van Chad adventurer invade India or something as well?

It's not dumb shit though although hpm should've fixed more important shit before doing it tbqhwy
>On a regional localised level, yeah. The same way Parisians and Normans are a different culture, the only difference is they lived in an uncivilised barbaric land, so their differences weren't aired through stereotypes and mockery, but through warfare and violence
This is untrue though tribes literally had different cultures though no equivalent to regional differences at all
>True, but what I'm saying is the British made these tensions and underlying issues worse in order to rule both, divide and conquer.
Doesn't change the fact that they could do due to different cultures
>How many more? Bearing in mind due to the nature of the engine that adding a single culture can be quite CPU intensive and due care and attention needs to be taken when deciding how worthy they are of becoming in game cultures
Do you actually believe this? I unironically have an i3 and I can run HPM very well with those cultures
>I've already explained to you that was a joke. Part self-defamation, part satire, I guess my humor is simply FAR too advanced for you.
Woah epic bro.... Do you browse int too? Lol thos amerimutts amirite? Or those mongolian finns praise kek lmao
Literally no impact
t.unironic i3 user
What would you suggest i wouldn't mind if it made sense

and yes, the hre was King-Emperor Chad van Chad Chadzsoon of the van Chad dynasty who became holy roman emperor after being voted in

ooga booga lood nood dood

he invaded Khotan and later inhereted Denmark, although he doesnt have the given name he truly is worthy of being called a Chad

>This is untrue though tribes literally had different cultures though no equivalent to regional differences at all
Like I said, thousands of years ago regional cultures like this fought in Europe. It's just as nations become civilised they stop fighting on such a small irrelevant level, Africa is the exact same except rhey're still doing it in 1836 because they hadn't civilised at this point, just as Europe was in 1836 BC.
>Doesn't change the fact that they could do due to different cultures
It's well documented in places like the aforementioned Rwanda "Hutu" and "Tutsi" probably didn't exist prior to Belgian rule, and if they did their relations were amicable. Europe essentially carved new cultures by giving some people of the same tribe a higher status, which brought abour resentment and the feeling that they were no longer the same.
>Do you actually believe this? I unironically have an i3 and I can run HPM very well with those cultures
It's really not about that at all, whether you can run it "well" or not isn't the issue, the issue is these cultures do make the game slower. Maybe by a milisecond, maybe by a second, maybe by a minute, but they do make the game run slower to some degree and I don't believe what it adds is enough to warrant that.
>Woah epic bro.... Do you browse int too? Lol thos amerimutts amirite? Or those mongolian finns praise kek lmao
Hah, I didn't know you were a fellow Kekistani! Shadilay my brother, remember to drink pure white milk!

Can someone remind me the mechanics of prepared invasion, is the troop numbers based on my max levies or current?

>wants to simulate worthless subhuman shitskins who have zero capacity to develop and are simply beasts of burden, to be conquered by actual human beings and advance their civilization
What a faggot

Current amount of troops, event-given included.

Pic related, prepared invasion spawned about 1,6m troops for my character that had ~450k.

>no cap for prepared invasions
lul

Orcs can do prepared invasions now? Are they actually fun now?

how do i get good at strategy games
keep getting my shit pushed in

I only first played the mod about one year ago, and they still had prepared invasions at the time, just renamed into le waaghs.

Orcs are fun, but INCREDIBLY overpowered in player's hands (if the character is strong enough like mine), manually colonizing conquered provinces might be boring a bit, but it spawns endless hordes of free troops. AI orcs can't really abuse this, but 50-150k armies are a common sight.

That's a large army user

Oh Canada

Well generally that is how it goes. Learn how to go to the next step of eating shit.

Does Paradox ever sell expansions under $5-7 dollars during Steam sales? I was thinking of buying the few DLC expansions I don't have (Reaper's Due, Conclave, Monks and Mystics, that new Chinese shit), but not sure how much they actually add entertainment and enjoyment-wise, so I am hoping to buy them dirt-cheap.

Playing as New England in After the End

Should I form a Merchant Republic or go Feudal?

You need a meme capital for a Merchant Republic to work. You have Bermuda or something?

I'm planning to take New York and make it my capital

>buying paradox shit
>ever

Stay tribal. When limeys come, adopt British culture and feudalism.

>adopt British culture and feudalism.

Do British get really good retinues or something? Or is it just for the memes?

>All those trade cities
Why do mods do this?

It's the Interstate which is the new Silk Road

You are playing new england you dip, which culture should you adopt, being de-facto a fucking tribal confederation of british-descended larpers?

>caring about powergaming shit

I should have ignored you first when I saw you are playing MP.

But mods let you put trade posts on every province along the route, instead of just key nodes. It's really OP

I was just asking if there was a different reason you jerk

When do the brits even invade anyways?

That's how it worked in vanilla, unless that was just HIP that changed it. You could build a post on any province along the Silk Road

Pretty sure they changed it in vanilla with the chink DLC

That's not how vanilla works