/fog/ - Fallout General

Institute is a menace to surface dwellers Edition.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

/aco/ thread:
Pre-war Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/ol9bogrrmy6z5yj/Old OS.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hi I play fallout 2, I wanna play it with you...

>Buffscale makes buggy mods and releases them without fixing them

Is posting the same two pics every new thread considered spamming 'cause if it's not it should be

Legion ROCKS

here, have a dead pam

It is not. You'll have to somehow live with it.

Post your Sole Survivors, /fog/

I want an assaultron gf

Does that armor show up on NPCs or is it player-only?

Some Synths will have the armor, coursers also get their own unique version

is fisting android boys okay?

How I do I even set a texture to a mesh? Im trying to follow guides but nothing is working for me.

I wanted to know if anyone can help me out here. All im trying to figure out is setting this unused texture for one of the operator's suits onto one of the operator suit meshes.

Can we do one better?

Who are you siding with/have sided with?

>RR + Nukaworld

Hmm, I checked FO4 edit for conflicts between my Plasma caster and UFOP

Its workshopparent related. I'm not 100% sure what I did wrong, I followed a guide on how to add new farmable items, I guess maybe its a load order issue since...don't a shit ton of mods edit workshopparent?

I might just delete the extra crap that conflicts and see if that works, and that version would just be an option for people that want to use it with UFOP, because I dunno what to do at this point.

You need to make a BGSM, and apply the BGSM in the nif with nifskope

You will need the BGSM tools (on Nexus) and nifskope

That's one cute PC

Started out a weed thin nerdboy and is now a slightly thicc-er man
does anyone else like to edit their character as more time goes on or after you finish a quest? ie. making them tanner after a few weeks, adding a scar after the Queen Mirelurk attack on the Castle

>people post faces but don't upload presets
baka

I got nifskope open with that mesh and its like a mess, I got no idea what Im doing here. Im just considering retexing one of the existing suits can calling it a day.

Cute!

I just started this playthrough

Probably Minutemen and Operators, though

aforementioned weed thin nerdboy... he grew up alot, I'm proud of him sniffle

Make your own faces you lazy shit

Institute + Mememen + Nukaraiders

He started with the Meme men as preston seemed like a good guy with a noble cause, but he found out later he was far more sinister than he lead on. Sided with the institute because it's comfy and he's not killing his son for some wastrel scum or synths and finally he joined the raiders to get back at Garvey for all the MMO like quests he gives and also doing nothing for the minutemen. Also Mags is a cute

test

Well, I extracted that .dds texture for the unused operator suit and renamed it after one of the ugly existing suits just to work as a retexture, but this happened

Open nif you want to apply textures to in Nifskope and need a BGSM
Go to Strings
Add it there

Use BAE to look for bgsm/material file in the NW DLC

>I followed a guide on how to add new farmable items
Recheck the guide and see if there's anything you missed but yeah, making a version without the heavy water item should do it.

You can do that too and look at a tutorial for adding a new armor/clothing item in CK.

Don't even know. Just running around building settlements. Probably go MM.

Yeah that happens for outfits that have color palletes.

You'll need to make a bgsm and brand new texture

>Put treadmill in dining room
>Exercise while you play

I just checked the mod page for the mod I used as a tutorial for making my new farmable item

>9 pages of bug reports

I don't even
Why would that make settlers not spawn anyway

Went minutemen, peaceful route in far harbor (but later went and blew up the Nucleus, figured the existence of that nuke was too dangerous for everyone... kinda wished there was an option to blow it out into the sea though) and I'm gonna side with the MM. Sad I can't smash Gage afterwards, but w/e
Oh and I let the Mechanic live since my SS is a tryhard do-gooder type

Aren’t he Diamond City folks supposed to be unkillble? Why did I find John dead at his stand?

Is it because I opened my own Salon in Sanctuary?

>the doctor inside the Institute no longer heals me, he's permanently stuck on his terminal typing endlessly
t-thanks

dunno if unrelated but sometimes the institute vendors drop dead randomly too

Paging Buffscale.

I tried your hair guide last night but no matter what the bone weights will not stick after I export the .nif. When I reimport back in all I see is only the HEAD bone set to maximum weight all over. Yeah, I tried the skeleton replacer in your files.

I removed the _n and _s files and left just the _d and it looks great, but it shows shines from the ugly design on the original suit. I put back in just the _s file, and I guess the shine map thing file was really undeveloped, since its like 8-bit. But man this texture looks great.

Just this bgsm and nifskope stuff is really confusing to me. I tried following some guides, but I dont get the same results as the guide shows.

the institute post main quest is bugged, Allie repeats the same conversation as well. there is a mod called more main quest choices or spare the railroad as institute that fixes this.

Nein. None of the DC shitizens are protected. This is a problem for me because I made Home Base a full-fledged settlement and it gets attacked. The attackers are leveled and literally waltz through and slaughter everyone gruesomely.

Literally just default Nate with a beard and some scars.

Has anyone here ever encountered a glitch in A Model Citizen for the vault tec DLC? i'm at the part where the overseer starts interviewing people and that goes fine, but then it finishes and tells me to talk to the overseer but when i do she asks me if i'm ready to do the next interview and that goes on and on to no end as far as i can tell

yeah that as well, she keeps repeating "so sorry ur father's dead senpai"
also fucking hell, im on my fourth playthrough, each one of these playthroughs i played with the absolute latest unofficial patch at the time, and my game is still bugged to shit
the readme claims the mod fixes the bug where if you change camera view from 1rst to 3rd and vice versa while reloading it resets the animation but im at the absolute latest version and it doesnt lol

BGSM isn't complicated

>I tried your hair guide last night but no matter what the bone weights will not stick after I export the .nif.

Ooh. That's not a good sign. Try using the old version of OS. I've got it here.

mediafire.com/file/ol9bogrrmy6z5yj/Old OS.rar

If it keeps doing it, you'll just have to keep rigging it until it exports fine, its a semi-common issue with OS unfortunately.

>Digital camo suit

Are there any good mods for sounds that make populated areas actually sound populated?

Also, do you only have one shot to use charisma on Magnolia?

Just finished the sierra madre heist
Where can I sell all this shit?
14 or 15k old world money + 37gold bars, and I don't know a single merchant who can pay the full price for a single bar

Let
it
go

I mean what even is a bgsm? I thought this stuff was meshes and textures. My only experience with modding was copying weapons in FNV and giving them edited stats, not textures or anything. I guess Im just an idiot

Use it to buy something expensive. Like, all their high-tier ammo.

None of them can. You're pretty much set for the rest of your play time. Take a few bars and get some gimmicky shit from Gun Runners and kit them out for companions or yourself.

Keep the gold bars. I never had money problems in NV before the DLC.

>Merchant buy my bar
>I can't, I no have enough caps
>Shit gold

not
>Merchant, give all your ammo
>All of it?
>ALL OF IT
>O-okay here it is
>Here's a gold bar
>Oh... okay and you still took all my caps and left me with 2
You're shit at barter m8

official /fog/ theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

BGSM contains all of the texture data

There's a filepath for .BGSM in the nif, just make a new BGSM (You will need BGSM file maker resource on Nexus) and put it in the proper area on nifskope.

This shit ain't hard man, I've been explaining this for over two years now to you guys holy fucking Christ

Calm down, Buff. It's his first time doing this stuff. We all need help sometimes and it's better to encourage so he tries harder instead of discourage causing him to give up.

I'm busy right now trying to fix a conflict in my own mod, in the meantime these guys should use Google.

Everything they're asking me to spoonfeed them with can be Googled. I didn't know much about FO4 Edit until tonight, then I Googled it and now I already know what to do. I am not going to be the resident spoonfeeder anymore, it just breeds laziness.

>implying I want ammo
My frend I am non-confrontational, I maxed speech for a reason. Shooting is for people who can't flim flam their way around problems
I'll see what I can get. I wanna buy myself the remaining implants, so there's that

You cant knock him for doing what the entire industry does

Beavers legion

Why can't I plant a mutfruit plant with wild mutfruit? Why can the assholes in diamond city fill their greenhouse with wild mutfruit?

Hello modders of /fog/

How hard would it be to create a mod that lets to select a primary stat, that gives you 1 free perk point at level, but then forces you every odd level to put 1 point into that stats perk tree until you've maxed it (10 in the stat and then max stars in each perk down the list?)

>you'll never shoot Buffscale
why even bother living

>when I end up with a crateload of ammo, obviously the only thing I can do with them is to shoot them out of a gun

how's it feel to be a brainlet?

>Shooting is for people who can't flim flam their way around problems
I'm sure you talked those ghost people into not chucking spears at you.

So you get double the perk points but are forced to use half of them on one tree?
I have no idea about any modding in Fo4 but I don't think it sounds too hard.

I'm kinda surprised with all the legendary variants in this game they never made one that just ignores blocking for melee weapons entirely.

You can make a mod for it that they can steal in FO5 goyim

I could use some beavers.

No, you just start the game with 1 perk point you can put into that 1 tree, then it levels as normal with the exception being on every odd level you can only put in that tree

>no pause when switching weapons
>no slow down when aiming
Skyrim has spoiled me

Essential minutemen mods? So far I've got the basic version of we are the minutemen, better artillery signal flares and the one that makes laser muskets not require ammo.

>tfw having the strongest urge to bite off my fingernails

Trying to kick the habit, your fingers look gross with chewed up nails. Can't remember the last time I had proper fingernails, it feels weird having them.

Jesus Christ Buff. These presets in your BS folder...

mod that adds more mods to the laser musket and the patch for the recharger mod

Knew I forgot something, thanks.

I use Atomic now. Its actually smaller than my Cbbe ones.

>Actually suggesting game breaking mods like the musket requiring no ammo

Aren't most outfits on Nexus and LL tailored to CBBE? You'd have to convert them all. Sounds like a lot of work.

I want to pet__ Dogmeat!

>Companions are completely arbitrarily restricted from weapons they can used based on the sprites they have

Would it have killed them to make more sprites for 1 and 2?

If you think the laser musket not requiring ammo breaks the game, I don't know what to say. There's a LOT more gamebreaking shit than that in a completely unmodded game. This, what, saves you a few caps, some carry weight and time?

Does the Sink Central Intelligence store regen caps? he has 29k, I can sell him two bars every one in a while if he does so

There aren't many good ones and conversions take like 1-10min.

>gamebreaking
>in most cases if you miss you die
>coupled with bethesdas terrible meshes where you shoot into an invisible wall when there's clearly a gap
this is the same game with a stagger negating ripper so all you do is walk forward holding the attack button. and other shit like explosive auto in .38 or 10mm

>he didn't LET GO

I think there are mods for that, unless they only made outfit sprites.

I remember there are special power armor sprites made for cassidy, myron and the like.

Conversions are easy for me, they have everything vanilla converted and bodyslide compatible anyway

From what I've gathered, Fallout 1 was just based on Mad Max reference whereas Fallout 2 was actually trying to create this "post-post-apocalypse" setting we keep hearing about. Is that about right?

it was the 90's
yes

Technically it's all post-post as they're building towns, cities and in 2, a government and nation.

that one mod that changes the musket cranking sound

Yeah, but I feel that in 2 the writers actually became aware of the type of world they were building. In 1 it felt like it was more of a coincidence based off of stylistic choices.

Apperantly Fallout 1 took heavy inspiration from an old game called Wasteland.

President Edens entire character and plan are apparently a throwback to that game.

Really the first Mad Max isn't even post apocalyptic. If you translated it to Fallout it would take place when the resource wars were going on.