/xgg/ - Xenogames General #49

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly!
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/E1hPBf5C
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Hikari being a third-wheel

So Tiger Tiger easy mode has a simpler map design and you don't take damage when hitting a wall. Doesn't look like the score is heavily nerfed or anything.

I'm still baffled you are kicked out of the arcade the moment you get a fucking game over instead of a plain retry.

Fixed OP is here.

>no longer take wall damage
>still die from urchins
>red sharks still chase you and don't die in one hit

That's fine stuff though.

Is it good?

I leaned this attack from a book; "offense is the best defense," it read.

>still had retarded low droprates for anything good
About to write a MEGACOCK rant about this shit

>Fusion combo cut-ins disrupt cancel-chain

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Spam their twitter.

>want Master Muscle Mod
>Master Evasion
>Master Strike
>Master Luck
>just got another Master Luck
YAMERO

Surprisingly, the twitter account didn't even announce that 1.1.1 is live. They are usually punctual.

Also why can't you hear the voiced lines for a blade's affinity chart ever again once they're finished. Not like it'd be the first bizarre omission of QoL features this game offers.

It's possible that it's not live in Japan. Sometimes patches aren't released at exactly the same time.

What team did you guys use for the final boss? I toughed it out with Rex/Nia/Tora.

>changed the OP and removed things
>no thread number
>posted early
at least post them ON the bump limit.

I love Mythra!

Well, I have EU and JP ver, and I updated my JP ver too, so I guess their PR is slacking a bit.

At least you're getting master something mods.

If we want to cut it down a bit, then I'm okay with that.

I was actually just thinking that we can combine some of the pastebins into the spoiler-free FAQ one, or make one big pastebin for all the sub pastebins. to be in
Keeps the youtube videos there, and removes some of the clutter.
No need to really remove anything when we can just combine some of it.

DLC outfits when
Easier overdrives when

Can we just make a list of demands and send it to them.

How do I grind a Blades strength? Do I just have to keep fighting?

Rex loves Pyra!

>Finally got Finch
>The noises she makes in the Jap sub
She's so adorable I can't handle it

is blade storage limited/finite? how do I expand it?

Original faq user. I prepared a new version with some clarification for battle terminology and stuff. I can add the youtube links in there just like for the gameplay videos and unboxing stuff at the end.

Not sure if it is handy to put the links there since that pastebin is just for no spoiler stuff. But I think a pastebin with all the detailed data would be fine.

Increases by 1 every affinity node you unlock

Themoreyouknow.jpg

At least you'll get some ether crystals along the way.

>tfw really interested in the old Torna crew more than Rex and Co
>tfw I will never get to play their game

Aoi Yuuki is great.

Not needing a Blade active to use their skill when

Here is the updated spoiler-free faq
pastebin.com/E1hPBf5C

Terminology for stats + combat, clarification with overdrive protocol obtention methods, list of the special cores, etc.

If there is something missing, I will just update it or create another one.

Yeah that sounds fine. Do whatever you feel is best. It is your bin after all.

do you think making the one you made into an all-purpose bin might be a better proposition?
Like a ssectional one, maybe?

Upper half is for the more general purpose info to new comers, like the Gameplay videos, the Blade, Combat, Quest FAQ Pastebin and Elemental chart, and the the second half be the Spoiler free FAQ?

The only video therefore being on the OP would be the trailer and that would be it. At least to have one of them on there.
What do you think?

>want kos-mos
>15 rare cores and 60 boosters later
>6 other rare blades I don't care about on rex
>no kos-mos

Well fuck this then, looks like you already gone and did it.
Perfect. Looks great!
So what links will all need to taken out of the OP with this?
Just the videos?

I can't help but always think of Finch as a boy for some reason. Her design doesn't strike me as a girl.

>rolling core crystals on Rex
if you hate grinding now wait until you have to grind all of those overdrives

What's the point of using boosters when rolling a blade?

Which blades are the best of their respective class?

Who is the ideal team comp?

Why is the Zohar in every single game?

why nia does this?

Release them back into the pool. The more rare blades you own, the harder it is to pull a rare blade at all. Always use Justice boosters on any rare or above core.

Also stop rolling on Rex. If you only have him and Nia, at least do it on Nia and then overdrive her to the person you want later. Nia is actually pretty good with KOS-MOS due to her high ether.

The Zohar is to Xeno games like nanomachines are to Metal Gear

Yeah, I made so you can remove the youtube video as suggested by .

Considering how that bin is big already and destined for newcomers or those who only started the game, I still think putting the doc links etc would bloat it, and it will annoy other anons who just need data for mid game+.

I tried to cover the game in general and go more in details over time in the bin, but if you think the bin needs to be segmented, I can work on that later today.

Did they fix the memory leaks?

Who #2 Dock here? How has your day been? How long do you think they're going to keep us here? I miss my wife and children.

just started, pretty fun so far, I like doing mindless grinding

I have no idea what the stats in this game do.

actually, I rather ship Gramps and Dromarch

* Strength: affects physical damage
* Ether: affects ether damage and healing
* Dexterity: affects chance to hit
* Agility: affects evasion
* Luck: affects resistance to debuffs and reactions, and chances of obtaining loot/rare blades

Blessings.

TIME FOR SUM TREASURE HUNTIN
OH DARN
I DEMAND A DO-OVER

>Easier overdrives when
what are overdrives in that game again?
I guess I missed that part

>just got another Evasion Mod

>English voices
that was your first mistake

Overdrive protocol. Item required so you can transfer a blade to another driver. You can only find 3 of them in specific treasure chest. You get additional 1 each time you complete a driver affinity chart.

Poppi parts question
AC System Reset III vs AC System Reset I
They both say the same thing, but obviously III costs more energy. Is it more frequent or something?

Remember to check the Expansion Pass tab for free gifts after 1.1.1. You get rare and legendary cores, and overdrives.

Idiots will claim that it doesn't do anything, but it increases the odds of you pull a blade of a particular element. That's extremely useful towards getting particular rare blades if you're pool is small because you can just keep using boosters for that blade's particular element to increase the odds of you getting it.

However you shouldn't grind for boosters for every core. Although you should use them for legendary core crystals and just release any 'bad' blades you get from rare and common cores as a way to get boosters.

>Some of the questions like the Weebshit one
You shouldn't waste space on people who are too retarded to know what weeaboo means and whine about art direction. Also, a few grammatical errors. Would you have an issue if you edit it and post it?

How do I get a blade with the 'obvervation' trait? Can this trait even spawn in normal blades? I need it to progress further in the main story and already opened 40 normal and 8 rare cores.

Only got one so far and it's Morags original blade.

I admit I added that just in case, even though this won't mitigate the complaints, but heh, you never know.
And yeah, I was a bit rough at times, I will reread and give it another checking pass after I'm back from work.

If you mean 'keen eye', then it's only Brighid and a couple of rare blades, generics can't have it. I'm also pretty sure that you never need it to progress in the main story.

oh, ok that stuff
I played it with german text, and it's called different there

I LOVE REX

I've seen a number of setups for Poppi QTPi, but what about her other two forms?

I just got past the net in the sword cave and now I'm in front of a stone monument I need to read.

>QT has Ether skills can't equip Ether Mod
>Alpha has Physical skills can't equip Physical Mod

SAD

What all is in the update again?

Saved this from last nights discussion.

honestly, whenever I reach a wall like this I just take a break from the story and go play some sidequests and crack a few cores open and eventually you get what you need. It's more fun if you don't stress about trying to blaze through the story.

I'm going to reword it to be more impersonal and remove asinine stuff like the Weeaboo question.
If you're posting on Veeky Forums, why the fuck would you complain about the Japanese?

Either way, I'm burning time on merc missions, so I'll save you the trouble of reworking it and do it myself. You can go over it and change stuff if you REALLY want it in though.

Nice, now I just need a build to copy for QT.

what were they thinking

>he can't think for himself

LOL

that's my wife you're talking about

Tora is actually cute

No problem. Go ahead.

25 Common Cylinders left in my grind. I've had plenty of time to think. How the fuck are Salvagers not the strongest and richest people in this game? How quickly can Krabbles reproduce? Black Zamtrios subspecies when? I'm back, miss me?

nopon Illuminati

>black Zamtrios
please no
SHARKBALL

Honestly the story is really weak because the leads are terrible and uninteresting. Once I got past the first Morag fight, Rex was either bland as all fuck or downright annoying. The only one that can contribute anything to the conversation most of the time is Mythra since she was with Jin and the others. Everyone else usually just has their thumbs up their asses or doing something horribly mundane outside of the le funny scenes.

The Haze shit was really where it just dropped completely off table with me regarding Rex. He looked out of place screaming at Jin and they had him brooding afterward and it was just comical because I barely felt anything for Haze besides that she was a beautiful gal. And he looks like he's 12 and they were acting like he was this big boy during those scenes.

>How the fuck are Salvagers not the strongest and richest people in this game?
you know, they have to maintain their stuff, and pay for food and other stuff

You need to get a higher Merc Rank.

Is there more to the map changes than it taking you directly to where you are and there being one more level of zoom for the minimap? Because the minimap still looks pretty useless to me.

That's kind of underwhelming.

100'00G is considered a mindblowing fortune in Alrest. A Salvager can make a cold million in around a week easy, considering the time lapse during Rex's dives. They also constantly fight monsters and have infinite core crystals at their disposal. They should be running this shit.

wtf that's not my picture

of course it is. You posted it.

uuuhhh

has this happened to anyone else? never happened to me before the update.

no it isn't I posted

Just like those who produce the goods aren't the richest in the real world.

I'm looking at your post right now and you are wrong.
The image number is even the same.

The image number is even different*

You know each time you salvage its about 4 hours each? It's not 10 seconds like the game play.

Veeky Forums X randomises filename

You should turn off your switch once in a while.

but as I already mentioned herethey have to maintain their stuff
fighting monsters constantly doesn't mean they are invulnerable
and infinite core crystals doesn't mean that much, if you are not a driver

unrelated tough, but someone mentions a former Nopon salvager who was also a driver
could it be, that Boreas was his Blade?

Your Switch is dying because you don't love it. Turn it off and give it a hug.

Who do you use in your party and in what role

not that user but how do you even turn it off? Mine only has a sleep mode and noactual turn off.