/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...
OR
>vita emulator when fat_elf.jpg
OR
>PS2 software core when

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/evqkyh.opus
my.mixtape.moe/hgsnxt.opus
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Black_and_White_Versions_2#Features
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.damonplay.damonps2.pro.ppsspp
mega.nz/#!0LYwyZha!4EBqcCyTV-UxI1qZj-FIvVpm5-31FVG-SEGxrg8HtEg
mediafire.com/file/69cabfqpnlim54b/Citra-Clang-5.0-AVX2-OPTIMIZED-14-DEC-2017.7z
3ds.guide/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Ripping_Games#Wii_U
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The retroarch thread on 5chan tells another story.

vita emulator and PS2 software core when

Post pictures of what you're emulating.

E1M1 on an emulated sc-88
my.mixtape.moe/evqkyh.opus

>vita emulator when
It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Is there a way to make that emulated SC-88 handle all midi played on the system by default?

Artifacts and lag in town aside, it runs well.

>Sega World Drivers Championship (Sega's Super GT arcade game) is released
>SWDC gets dumped/leaked
>TeknoParrot devs won't support it since it's way too recent
>Opportunists see opportunity to rip the cars (and tracks) and make an Assetto Corsa mod out of it

Yeah, once you get it working you can use any kind of midi mapper to set it as default as long as the sc-88 launches on startup

>daggerfall 11.mid
my.mixtape.moe/hgsnxt.opus

which one would you choose? 1, 2 or 3?

What's the best Pokemon game to play? I haven't played any since like Silver when I was a wee lad.

B&W2 is the most complete one and it's very open ended. SS, HG, AS and OR are worth playing as well.

This is gonna be fun,I've played vanilla version so many times.

I think 3 looks good

How did you fuck up your font rendering so bad? Random characters are thicker than others.

>most complete one and it's very open ended

What do you mean by that? I have no reference from which to judge that description?

Like I said, the last time I played Pokemon was like 17+ years ago.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Black_and_White_Versions_2#Features

So I'm trying to get gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak to work but it's not showing up when I go to select a graphics plugin options in either PCSXR or ePSXe. The dll file is in the plugins folder and I think that's all you need to do, but it won't show. Am I missing something?

I have no idea why my font is so weird,it might just be a graphic setting i fiddled with or something.

Depends on how I'm feeling. 3 most of the time.

you forgot something

Hi bparker.

How do I hack my 3DS?

pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9

Thank you, may Chaos darken your way.

If you have any questions go to the homebrew general on Veeky Forums.

thanks guys

What about double cross? Have you tried it?

Can't find a download for it, when I do I'll give it a shot. There's videos of it working well on Youtube.
Also, I managed to fix the artifacting by disabling the tiled rasterizer (identical to the CEMU fix).

Well
Shit
time to creep to what i wanted to do
And emulate Heracules III or something

>play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.damonplay.damonps2.pro.ppsspp
wtf? How can this thing run so well on a phone? And why there is "ppsspp" on the package name?

mega.nz/#!0LYwyZha!4EBqcCyTV-UxI1qZj-FIvVpm5-31FVG-SEGxrg8HtEg
What citra build are you using?
I'm using this one: mediafire.com/file/69cabfqpnlim54b/Citra-Clang-5.0-AVX2-OPTIMIZED-14-DEC-2017.7z
And i have no artifacts on XX, also you obviously already know this but don't forget to disable the 3d feature on the main menu options, it causes severe slow down on villages.

Thanks for the link user!
I'm just using the latest Canary version, since they merged the texture cache rework that greatly improves performance.

Is citra at least decent now? Last time I tried it Pokemon games ran very poorly.

t. damon

>PS2 software core
Don't forget this too.

user do not post that disgusting fat elf anymore, post healthy elves instead.

What game is that?

Which hack is this?

It looks like they disabled font smoothing. Segoe is meant to be smoothed, so it ends up looking like that.
It's just Windows being shit at font rendering in general.

Fuck you I would marry that chubby elf

No one have any idea on this? I've looked all over and can't find anyone who has a similar problem. Anyone know where I might find my answers?

Stop using plugin based emulation.

Dolphin is plugin based

shit, better stick with epsxe then

Does other ps1 emulation make games look as good?

I also forgot to add to that
>inb4 stop using plugin based

If your threshold for "good" is 2d assets getting blown up with nearest neighbor looking chunky as fuck, and 3d with awful jittering that looks infinitely worse beyond native res (or disgusting geometry glitches from pgxp), shit, mednafen looks thousands of times better than that.

It has to be a PGXP build of PCSX-R. No other emulator actually works with that plugin.

It's mostly PCSX2 with custom ARM dynarecs, and custom per game hacks for those dynarecs.
It has PPSSPP in the name for advertising purposes, to catch people searching for PPSSPP. And also because it uses some of PPSSPP's interface code. Including their default fonts file, atlas.zim or something.

There is much drama surrounding it because the chinks refuse to admit they're using PCSX2 code or release the source at all. Well, before '80 billion' downloads anyway, if I remember correctly.

How do I setup analog sticks in PXSXR-PGXP? My DS4 works just fine otherwise (I'm using Harakiri Pad Plugin).

Is PS1 emulation better on a PS Vita w/ Adrenaline or a homebrew enabled PSP?

Use LilyPad, silly.

eboots on psp

What's the point of ishiiruka when the performance difference with identical settings is like 0-2% at best?

>What's the point of ishiiruka
Async shader compilation, which is no longer necessary now that Dolphin has ubershaders.

If that's all, why are anons still claiming that fork is better post ubershaders update? Is that some ironic "epsxe is the best psx emulator" shit?

There's also texture scaling. But that's quite a meme feature.
Sure, it alleviates those mipmap issues without quality loss, but at quite a sizeable VRAM cost.
Could also be used to smooth textures out, but that's plain ugly.

Doesn't it also still have that old DX9 backend? That might be better for toasters too.

This is just another proof that open source licenses are a joke

Is there a way to enable frameskip on Cemu? I've seen that there's some guides around using Cheat Engine, but that one seems to be only for Breath of The Wild and currently i'm more interested in Xenoblade X

Replaying FE for a few months now and am now on FE9. May someone point me where I could find a japanese ISO? I have the US version, but I want to try maniac mode this time around.

Ubershaders are a meme. They don't work right on Nvidia cards(the only ones that matter).

Fuck off, Jensen.

If a game is available for both PS2 and PSP, which one should i play assuming emulators? Is PPSSPP better than PCSX2? Do PSP games have better graphics and sound?

>Is PPSSPP better than PCSX2?
Anything is better than PCSX2
>Do PSP games have better graphics and sound?
no

Ask for a specific game, nerd.
I do believe Mana Khemia, for example, has atrocious hard coded loading times on the PSP version. But Disgaea's PSP version has extra content, although that's now been trumped by its PC version.

PPSSPP is generally better than PCSX2. In almost every way.
PSP games generally have clearer graphics. No hard coded interlacing. Standardized for a single resolution at a single refresh rate. Also guaranteed (almost) widescreen.
They both have good quality audio. PCSX2, however, has an option for asynchronous audio. So if you're playing turbo and want regular speed music/effects, that's one upside.

Are PSP games at least on par with PS2? Should i use PPSSPP if its superior to PCSX2 then?

>Are PSP games at least on par with PS2?
Depends on the game.

Either PPSSPP's framerate counter is lying or 30 fps is a lot shittier than I remember it being, because I swear this game isn't running at 30.

Is there a 60fps cheat?

bump

can i use DS4 to play PS1 Games on mednafen?

3ds.guide/
One of the Langrisser games I'm guessing
Of course

how do i set this up? do i just connect the DS4 to the PC and play?

not him and idk what mednafen is but ds4windows will help

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Ripping_Games#Wii_U

>Wii U discs have rounded edges making it impossible to read on Blu-Ray drives

The rounded edges have nothing to do with it. Bluray discs have rounded edges.

Wii U discs also have a hole in the middle

>forgetting about the reflective layer on bottom

The wiki is worthless and filled with nonsense.

Don't all discs have rounded "edges"?

The sides have a slight bulge instead of being flat.

how does the disc stay together then?

centrifugal force

The Wii didn't officially use DVD discs but were a modified DVD format. Same story with the Wii U and Blu-ray discs. Anyone who has held a Blu-ray disc would know they feel the same as a Wii U game disc but different from a DVD.

You are thinking about the disc user.
Not the side of the disc.
The tip of the disc.
The glaring small surface.

"(insert your CPU's model here) citra" in Youtube, filtered by upload date. You're welcome.

Pokémon Vega.

Doesn't look like it, no.
The only Cheat Engine related "trick" (not trick at all) that I found is hooking Cemu to it and setting the Speedhack to "1.3".

>Is there a 60fps cheat?
Nope. You could always try to ask someone to make one in the 60FPS Cheats Discussion thread at PPSSPP's forum though.

>download github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases
>install
>connect ds4 via usb or pair via bt
>bind controller in mednafen, or just start retroarch without any config because it's recognized and properly bound as an xinput pad

ask your mommy to buy you a new toaster

Works fine on my 5 year old PC with no stuttering. Next time don't fall for the AMD meme.

Jensen are you ok with those 1.7% yields?

Then go in and fix it, you lazy faggot.

Or I can continue to watch it get worse because you dumb fucks sit around trying to bite your own ear like this retard here

how did you get passed the brontosaurus level?

Or you can be part of the solution and stop whining.