Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU: a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SQ_2_co_5/status/944360926634852352
twitter.com/chaos_a/status/944191121395040256
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I coulnd't find a christmas themed For-chan. So let's have a xmas Bandanathread this time around, it being a jolly season and all.

dumb 720-kun

when most changes were done as a kneejerk reaction to how strong certain classes were in eo1, eo2 isn't really a shining example of class balance

I'm planning to do an NG+ playthrough with a Hell Slash + Chain party using a Therian Blade Dancer, Therian Chain Duelist, Celestrian Spirit Evoker, and Brouni Divine Herald, using Wraith Dance and the elemental prayers to proc both Hell Slash and the elemental chains, the latter of which should proc Hell Slash even more times.

Can this setup kill the superboss without grinding to Lv. 99, and any ideas for a 5th party member? I'm leaning towards running an Earthlain Barrage Brawler for Black Mist + Clinch and Overexertion, but I'm concerned that this could leave me defensively vulnerable during fights against multiple enemies.

This set-up can not work at all.
Wraiths deal bash damage and can not be buffed (or debuffed, bound or ailed) so they can never activate elemental Chains.
Also I heard that Wraith Dance still only gives one Hell Slash procc per Wraith - but since Wraiths are super slow and Hell Slash also chases enemy hit they are a horrible way to procc chases anyways.

>tfw Survivalist got so nerfed it became a farmer instead

Survivalist is completely different in every game. Not sure if that's good...

>grind up to 99r99
>finish setting up my final builds, including maxing Menacing Howl on hound rover
>realize I still need to grab Lamia conditional
>which gives me a bow that has a better version of menacing howl
Well good thing it’s just 2 levels.

Menacing Howl uses dog LUC, Alluring Body uses your LUC. Not that panic will contribute much anyways against SD.

Still - good luck, user.

Ded game
Ded series
Ded general

Just how I like it.
Have you seen what happened to Fire Emblem when it stopped being ded?

It was a shit dead game before, then it became a shit but relevant game after awakening so they won in the end

The games were at least satisfying to play. Now there are a ton of additonal RNG effects to allow even idiots to beat the game if they try often enough.

So what? It's not like they affect you directly

Cute gremlin.

I want to hug that mushroom

Her leg armor looks more like Hoplites or maybe Princesses than Protector. But it looks cute so it's fine.

>3 months until Etrian Odyssey: FINAL announced
>1 year until it releases

Why have so many anime girls trouble eating burgers?

Non-American

Eating burgers isn't rocket science.

Hello! My name is Conrad. I'm a member of the freeblade guild and I use they/them pronouns.

Most Etrians use those. With how cute some of the shotas are it's better to be safe than sorry.

*deletes your guild card*
heh... nothing personnel, kid

Conrad looks like he should be in a fujoshit male ballerina anime like homos on ice

Hello Conrad. Have you heard of Moon Apples? I hear they're all the rage with Earthlains.

How do apples regrow in a day when berries are gone forever?

Lunarians snatch them up.

Pancake addiction?
Maybe i shouldn't have marked the berry spots on my map and handed it over to Ramus...
Now a whole generation of loli elves will spend their youths crawling over the dungeon floor, looking for another berry to get their next cake.

That's so mage with more TP than HP.

I want a game where I go to the labyrinth but instead of clearing it, I go and collect materials and jew other adventurer's money by selling them pancakes and swords or whatever
Then at the end I get to give all my money to Edie just to buy her used panties

I'm glad you aren't in charge of the series

did you know that you get special dialogue with her if you buy everything you can from her store?

I did not know this.

Recettear? It's a bit like this - only with a Fairy instead of Edie.

Huh... I think I'll pick that up then.
Thank you user, hadn't heard of that one

Protip: Don't listen to jewfairy, if you try to turbojew prices at the start you'll break combos and bankrupt your customers. Then poorfag-chan will make your life a living hell and you'll be forced to repay your debt with peak efficiency prostitution.

smol

>hadn't heard of that one
what rock were you living under

I don't play anime games on steam

A good idea for the most part.

I don't play them too and yet it was the meme game of the year discussed literally everywhere

Which year though?

Is Rover healing any good later on (with a dedicated healer), or does it become useless?

Like hell i remember, 2010 or 2012 or something (still a better year than 2017)

Don't make me feel so underage, grandpa

Rover can easily be your dedicated healer if you go the doggo route.

Animal Therapy will just trickle in some HP every turn but all heals your dog does scale with HP of the person healed - so even the auto-heal it uses when it has no other commands stays relevant.

It was 2010, apparently.

smol

Oh, hey - welcome back, defanganon!

>no number at the end of the filename
suspicion rising

a new defanger approaches

Oh, so far it's been underwhelming, barely beat the first boss using the full 80tp my botanist has to stay afloat.
And also no revive skill, from what I've seen.

why is she so good

Who is Umu?

shit

Why would you put a shit character in your team?

>those levels

who /professionaletriamplayer/ here

How important is armor in EOIV? Heard there's some bullshit involved.

Don't buy armor, buy more katanas instead.

B-but it's EOIV. I can't run 5 4kat bunnies.

Wait for EO4U to add the 4kat heroine.

What if he's still not in the middle of stratum 3

What should my point dump be?

I miss my dinos in EO games.

ded

no, ricky

source, please

twitter.com/SQ_2_co_5/status/944360926634852352

Thanks user.

good night thread

High VIT liver.

Besides protecting your party, is there anything else to do with a 9999hp ghost?

autism loli is cute

EOVI

>That tongue

fair trade blow it up for 9999 damage

twitter.com/chaos_a/status/944191121395040256
Like if you cry every time

Nectars are super easy to farm - but yes, Botanist is the only class with a reliable revive skill.
Deathguard Harbinger and Evoker Necro get chance-based party revives and Earthlain's have a Union skill that revives.
But for the most part, not dying does the trick.

Armor has massive diminishing returns.
Basically, if you have body armor of any kind (even cloth) additional armor will not give you that much more survivability.
That's why it's best for everyone to wear a stat accessory (or Lion Medal in the post-game) and once subclassing has been unlocked to dual wield (except for Fortress since they need a shield for their skills and for any class wielding a weapon that disables dual wielding).
Before subclassing only Nightseeker can dual wield but afterwards everyone can just in case they use skills of their sub-class that need a specific weapon. However even if you don't even use your second weapon the ability to forge stats on them turns them into secondary accessories and makes them better than any small armor piece.

>not dual weilding sheilds

Start maxing stuff, user.
The Guards you actually use. Bunker, Auto-Bunker, Dragon Roar, Auto-Roar, Dragon Force.
Barrage Wall, Recovery Guard, Full Guard and Soul Guard are all shit so you don't need a single point in them. Even Shield Throw can wait.

>the Sora No Woto vibes I get from Lost Shinjuku arrange