/scg/ Star Citizen General #243

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.26.exe

Join us this Friday for an Around the Verse Holiday Special with the newest info on Squadron 42. Live at 12pm PST (8pm GMT) on twitch

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lKRyKxPztYM&feature=youtu.be&t=205
youtu.be/au6mMl5A79Q?t=40s
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7k6vtd/getting_this_datap4k_error_every_time_i_try_and/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Couldn't load into the PTU on my very first try

SHIT GAME
VAPORWARE
CULTIST TRASH
LOW PERFORMANCE
NO MAN'S SKY WAS BETTER
AT LEAST ED IS A FINISHED GAME YOU GUYS

Who let splitfag make the OP again?

If free money is not enought to make a awesome game, than the entire idea behind kickstarter is stupid and the site should shut down.

Also if even free money is not enought to make awesome game ideas become real, this means we will have to live with shit games they do nowadays until the heat death of the universe

You did
You did not make a new thread with an OP to your liking before him so he made one instead
You are to blame
kys

Is there a list of which studios are responsible for specific ship designs

>than the entire idea behind kickstarter is stupid and the site should shut down.
I think people forget that KS was not founded under the idea to crowdfund video games. Even now, its something they don't fully support. They seem much more interested in "tangible" goods

>The launcher ONLY accepts your normal RSI password.
>try normal password several times; all fail
>try new special PTU password which is explictly not supposed to work
>works
fucking bravo

>kys
You need to be 18+ to browse this website.

>I think people forget that KS was not founded under the idea to crowdfund video games.

The point is assuming that even free money is not enought to make sure super ultra awesome games exist, this means we will need to live with those shitty games we get every year.

Maybe

AI & npc have been gameplay mechanics since the dawn of video game. Without them some game become lose all interest, including multiplayer PvP game.
So why are you saying it "doesn't count"? Beside nayposting

That looks like Davos from game of thrones

It is.

UK: MISC, Aegis, capital ships
Whatever studio Coonz is in: Drake&RSI
Dunno about the rest

That's difficult because some of the ships got passed around more than OP's mom

Foundry 42 had to un-fuck a few of them

kickstarter should work like this

1-You send money to kickstarter
2-Money stays there.
3-If the project is not funded, the money will go back to you, if not the money will stay there.
4-The developers get money from normal methods and can`t ask for further donations.
5-After the product is released with EVERYTHING they told they would do, your money that is still at kickstarter will go their accounts.

This way if they dont make a game that has EVERY SINGLE THING they promised they will just lose money.
They still get "free money" but only after the thing is developed

I guess it depends in what context you consider AI.

For example, the racing mechanic, the mechanic would be lap counters and path checkpoints. NPC or Player opponents I'd categorize more under gameplay experience in that situation.

In Vanduul Swarm, the mechanic is pushing button makes ship gun fire. When projectile hits enemy, it decrements their shield, then health until they die. The Vanduul AI pilot is not the mechanic.

Don't get mad at me because you failed yourself

That completely and totally defeats the purpose of a kickstarter though. What the fuck.

I think you are confused user, kickstarter money isn't some reward for making a game, its funding specifically for making a game.

>5-After the product is released with EVERYTHING they told they would do, your money that is still at kickstarter will go their accounts.

The entire point of KS is to fund development, not pad the bottom line. If a studio could afford to developed without crowdfunding, you wouldn't need crowdfunding.

Crytek please, just because you don't pay your employees doesn't mean someone else shouldn't either.

I just had the smoothest experience in a 3.0 PTU so far. No major bugs, no physics fuckery, no sudden stuttering. FPS were about 20-25 consistently, except in Levski. I even completed a mission. Managed to never crash my ship anywhere. First time I could actually experience what the game was supposed to become, and it felt pretty good.

So is 3.0 now available to everybody?

The entire point of the idea is that they can't say "fuck you, its not my money anyway, I wont release this promised thing"

It's not live, but you can opt into the PTU.

all backers, yes

Your idea is fucking shit and you must be retarded not to see that.

That's called Fraud. That's already illegal

This is advanced bait user, well done.

The point of kickstarter is to allow consumers to fund projects that otherwise wouldnt have funding.

Dude, if they don't get the money until after they made the game, then
WHAT
IS
THE
POINT
OF
CROWDFUNDING

RODINA is a better underdog project.

Pros: True 1:1 scale planet, Ship customization A level.

Cons: Still early access

Anyone else excited about the random-encounters they mentioned in last week's ATV?

Really hoping that includes derelicts

Do you mean interdiction or is this something else

>The entire point of the idea is that they can't say "fuck you, its not my money anyway, I wont release this promised thing"
Your idea still wont work, because some stupid developer could ask for less than what they need and they would prefer to stop the development then continue working at it.

If they finish the game, the kickstarters donations will only pay for part of the development, since they asked for less money than they needed and they will lose more money by finishing the game.

Look, I know that you are angry because some awesome idea you saw at kickstarter was funded wont be made, but this a game that is impossible to win, there is no way to solve the problem of great ideas not being made even with the help of crowdfunding.

>The point of kickstarter is to allow consumers to fund projects that otherwise wouldnt have funding.

Like Clang and The Dead Linger?

Both were funded by consumers and otherwise wouldn't have had funding, so ya

So when do we get the hangar wreathe and xmas tree back?

I said specifically those 2 games because they werent finished, despise getting all the money needed

In what way is that different? It looks like it's in earlier stages than SC, and graphically everything in it looks like I literally shit it out.

So?

They didn't get all the money they needed. Production of TDL stopped because they weren't bringing in enough money to pay their developers and in the end, when it was down to a final guy trying to make the project work, he didn't stop until he couldn't survive off of it anymore.

>True 1:1 scale planet
Why is that a pro?

They mentioned that the system would randomly generate events during QT that would pull you out, which could be pirates interdicting you, but could also be a anomalies like a giant asteroid with some stuff on it to explore, etc.

There's more than one game mechanics and that term cover almost everything.
>Game mechanics are constructs of rules or methods designed for interaction with the game state,

In a race game, racer AI is still a game mechanic, especially if smart enough to use aerodynamic drafting, or push you out of the road. It doesn't matter if you can win against AI (because the developers let you or they are stupid), having to interact with them make them count. The lap counter is more of a UI features, only the number of lap go into gameplay -mechanics
In Vanduul swarm, if the Vanduul AI got noticeably smarter it would be a game mechanic.
In Admiral dream world, if his high-level 40 npc crew allow his Javelin to solokill a 40 players guilds or get powned slightly slower than without them, this is still a game mechanic.
A game don't need to have "strategy" in its defined genre for the AI to matter.

please nobody start a npc crew shitstorm, I'm not taking position.

Are you tellling kickstarter backers should do the job of the developers and think if the amount of money they asked for is enought to fund the game
because if not asking enought money to fund the game is a excuse for it not being developed, this means that everytime a backer try to fund a game he will need to think "is this amount of money enought to fund the game" and if the answer is a no, not donate to it.

This is a imppossible thing anyway, as backers wont know how the development process of the developers work to be able to imagine if the money is enought or not

PSA:
If you are still having terrible performance in the PTU, then you need to set your minimum CPU speed to 100% in advanced power settings.

I went from 12-15 to 25+ with only this change.

That's a fair point. Base Vanduul AI vs Vanduul Ace AI id definitely a game mechanic

I'm just hoping they actually reveal something more substantive today, since we've seen plenty of the AI already, but have seen virtually nothing about scanning, ship-to-ship docking, medbays, etc.

rodina is kino

Yes actually, that would work perfectly. If the backers look at the game, and realize oh that might be a cool idea, but I don't think that it will get done with that amount of money then they can either A) not be a stupid fuck with their money and not back it or B) email them asking why is X amount of money enough to fund your game when Y could happen and delay its progress? and if they aren't satisfied with the answer, then suggest different funding, or just not back it like a fucking retard.

It's investing. You could get money out of it, or lose money from it. You could get entertainment from it, or lose time and money from it. You're supposed to look into it yourself. Not be a jackass.

high power profile does that

>it's a mechanic players can't use and which makes no sense episode

What doesn't make sense? Freelancer had basically the same thing

'Threadly' reminder that TotalBiscuit will die of cancer before Star Citizen will have it's commercial release.

Just loaded into the PTU. I haven't really touched the game since 2.6.3. Any keybindings I should know? What is the console command to show fps again?

how was the mission?

things randomly pulling you out of quantum when there is no actual system for doing that.

freelancer had nothing like it. there were random encounters and they had cruise disrupters which anyone could use.

There aren't keybinding anymore.

Well they said the system is actually built and working, they just didn't include it in PTU because it was pulling them out too often and felt like final fantasy random encounters, so it needs more balancing

not sure if I believe that, but there it is

Interdiction is in game is why i asked

youtube.com/watch?v=lKRyKxPztYM&feature=youtu.be&t=205 shameless video shill

Less than interdiction it'd be kind of neat if maybe your sensors could pick up something like you're describing while warping, and you could choose to check it out

The raven is billed specifically as an interdiction ship though I don't see how that would actually work

S

Rodina is already playable. SC will never be release. It´s just a robbery for dump people who buy smoke.

I like this resurgence of space games,but what's there to do in Rodina that's not already better in Star Citizen.Also
>singleplayer

What's the in game console command to display fps?

r_DisplayInfo 3

can we play as females in 3.0 or are we still stuck as men?

stuck as men

aww

Pre-order canceled.

When is it due for?

90 days

I don't think they are focused in females stuff.
maybe in 4.0?
whats up with the 90 days meme

For the entire second half of 2015 Derek claimed CIG would 'collapse within 90 days'.

are you legitimately retarded?

>collapse within 90 days

youtu.be/au6mMl5A79Q?t=40s

is controller support completely broken or what? I can't even pitch and yaw.

why are the mouse and keyboard controls so awful too?

even the placeholder 2.0 stuff was better than this garbage.

Honestly I wanted to know to specifically avoid foundry 42 ships

They look really busy and are a bit of a mess

Drake seems to do alright, the new freelancer looks great

>Freelancer

I mean cutlass, though to be fair to foundry, the prospector is decent, im surprised they made it.

20 FPS with a 970 and OC'd 3570k while on planet. Also death to the faggots who think not being able to see in your cutlass is good design.

It was just one of those trash missions. I could pick up and drop the boxes normally, although the mission was already marked as "finished" when I QT'd away, so dropping them into space was just a formality.

is there a noticeable improvement when SC is saved on an SSD vs HDD, or is it just the initial loading screen?

>sitting at my computer grooving to some music in the background
>realize it's pretty good and try to tab over and see what I'm listening to
>quickly remember it's the launcher
what the fuck, good music in my star citizen?

>guy pays you to get rid of some shit for him
>job is deemed complete as soon as you leave because he does not give a single fuck where it goes as long as it's gone

Loading only.

You're not wrong, but the mission objective explicitly stated to "dump" it. Also I don't think me flying away with evidence would sit well with a criminal.

Is the stream going to be on their twitch or what

>this violin track
Chris, my fucking heart. let me get in game before making my cry

Finally finished loading the new PTU launcher + game, but now I can't launch. I keep getting a "cannot open data.p4k" error, and google isn't helping :^(

can't launch the launcher, or the game? if you can get the launcher running try verifying files

Launcher works fine, and I've verified the files a few times now.

Speaking of, anyone know the name for the grimhex theme? Or a link to it

holy shit, I thought you guys were just memeing at the old song. Wtf I love Chris now.

Try rerunning as admin:
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7k6vtd/getting_this_datap4k_error_every_time_i_try_and/

>no videos of it online

disappointing. When is the livestream?

When is the livestream?
Check the original post

you could sit in a corner and record it yourself, or have they turned interior GH into a freefire zone like they intended to

>When is the livestream?
22nd december 2018

found the solution, had to delete C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\rsiptulauncher