/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>Danganronpa News Updated 11/15/17
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC Spike Chunsoft opens North American publishing branch

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
Modding guides: docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1LDc2DG46Jzs7oyp8vnzDonuqMtLetew6T5TqIZVoVgM/edit

>Danganronpa 1&2
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles Updated 12/12/17
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

>Winter Danganronpa:
docs.google.com/document/d/1lwq5uisL7AlEGiQIvn84Hf4KuEm5nlbhjRyJ-XE3M54/edit

oom

S U B A R A S H I I

It's time for gay

A reminder that I'm still waiting for 'jeet to shatter my jaw so badly that I need to drink through a straw for 18 months. Got it picked out and everything.

Double Oom!

I'm going to end /drg/. So don't any of you go and do anything unnecessary, alright?

I love Junko!

Chiakiautist going into the Neo World Program to be with Chiaki
AI Chiaki fulfilling all his needs and catering to all his tastes
But on the third day, AI Junko takes over
AI Junko has learned a lot from those first 2 days
AI Junko makes Chiaki her servant
AI Junko ties up Chiakiautist and lets Chiaki have her way with him
Chiaki using Chiakiautist as a toilet

Shirogane!

For the V3 survivors happiness.

Cutest Couple!

Things crustycunt has in common with Baconfucker:
>Likes trash (baconfists aka worst girl)
>Is gay (likes traps)
>Is a cuck (would rather watch makoto fuck baconfists than fuck her himsefl)
>watches wrestling (made for 8 year olds and neckbeards)
>can't compete with my handsome wit
>watches lets plays and follows e-celebs
>isn't as good at dancing as i am
>stops avatarfagging to make posts defending/agreeing with himself
>actually forgets to post his forgettable waifu when he means to because he has the attention span of a goldfish (the snackfood, not the animal)
>Generally a shady guy
>Got bad grades in school from 7th grade onward
>is a comfyposter
>pedophile (self admitted lolicon)
>doesn't actually play video games (played RE4 for the first time in 2017, couldn't get used to the controls)
>ban evading phoneposter
>Slept with his parents til he was 8
>Wears shoes 2 and a half times too big to try and hide his small feet
>Makes a living by farming runescape gold and selling it to Venezuelans for pennies an hour
>Literally stalks me to other boards
>Is a reddit user
>is a tattle tale
>actually fell for my gandalf plot
>gets sweaty hands when he makes eye contact with the girl at the checkout counter
>*actually*, earnestly defends V3's ending; think's that the philosophy 101 tier ponderings of the survivors are "deep"
>is a snitch and therefore will get stitches
>posts lewd yotsuba in his off time
>stands at a towering 5'6 inches
>has back hair long enough to braid
>his phone has 1 (one) one album on it (Finger 11 - Them Vs You Vs Me)
>is now manually breathing, blinking, and can't find a comfortable position for his jaw or tongue
>pretend to hate me but secretly stan me and use my music for their ring tones (despite never getting calls or texts)

A reminder that Sakura is best girl!

Junko loves Naegi!

Aoiboy, don't book it! I simply wanted to compliment your art!

lol

I love Akane!
cant wait to watch HK

Ritualposting has always confused me but /drg/ takes it to a whole 'nother level man...

>gets sweaty hands when he makes eye contact with the girl at the checkout counter

Too real :(

No need, I got this!

Koko! Nighto, /drg/.

Dangans living happily ever after and starting happy families!

Joke's on you, I don't even have a mobile phone to set a ring tone on, and I can't make eye contact period. And for someone who claims to be good at getting everyone else riled up, you sure do seem to have developed a grudge against me while "btfoing" me.
Also when the fuck are you going to destroy my jaw you little bitch it's still fully functional and everything

>vanilla
>incest

best DR doujin of all time.

fuck me that hurts to look at

can we please work on debater or accountant for WinterDR? We still need info like Birth Date, Personality, Backstory, Age, Height, Weight, Blood Type, Bust, Likes, Dislikes for ALL of these characters, so can we at least focus on getting these done for one of the characters that isn't the Mime?

t. Kiyo

Okay, okay, just don't shoot!
th-thanks

They still have each other.

I wasn't including fanfics for the normie selves.

Traps aren't gay.

There is no point in expanding upon V3. This universe doesn't have a lore of its own. Danganronpa is popular fiction, in this world. Any new killing games that sprout in this world are going to be fabricated in nature. This universe doesnt have a genuine Junko Enoshima. At best, all you are going to get is a crazy person trying to re enact the events from the DR games (maybe trying to plunge this world into despair). Why should I care about that? There is nothing you can do with this universe that will feel original or genuine, in this context. They would be better off trying to find new ways to expand the existing lore. V3 was a nice meta twist, but in terms of canon it should be tossed into the trashbin. It is not a foundation to build upon.

Reminder.

91 cm!

nyamami

>They would be better off trying to find new ways to expand the existing lore.
Toss the lore, just make more murder mysteries that aren't connected to the other games.

Name my band.

I want to watch Komaeda suck on Hajime's nipples

I love these kinds of pictures

Danganronpa takes place in a futuristic society where its 100% acceptable to take people off the streets and force them to play a killing game against their will all while having their memories manipulated so they don't know this game even exists. Its so popular that it just ended its 53rd season.

But Tsumugi calls herself a copycat criminal. Maybe there is someone she's copying, using Danganronpa as a basis. There's a bunch they could do with it, they literally have total creative freedom.

alright /drg/ you know the drill claim your title
i'm
>Generally a shady guy

Is this your work aswell, Chiakiautist?
also
>goldfish (the snackfood, not the animal)
>isn't as good at dancing as I am
>is now manually breathing, blinking, and can't find a comfortable position for his jaw or tongue
gold

Are you gonna show us a vid of you dancing though?

Why does Hajime look like a monstar from Space Jam after he stole some NBA players talent

Small, Tall and Brawl

Tim Burton Ripoffs

Yes, please. The only thing we know about the Debater is that he is a bro to the MC but gets too fired up in the trial debates, to point of defending the culprit to debate more.

I want to watch Komaeda suck on Hajime's big ahoge

Most of those don't really matter at the moment. Appearance/Personality/Backstory are the big ones that should be worked on for all of the potential characters.

I never understood this ship. Mikan x Hajime works better.

What's up with the massive tits, Aoiboy? Do you expect us not to lewd her? They look bigger than Miu's.

>like a monstar from Space Jam after he stole some NBA players talent
What the hell. Explain this shit Kodaka.

I want to ship Mimei and Beekeeper-chan!

I actually really like this style

Reminder that the greatest crimes the V3 localisation pulled were not calling Psyche Taxi "Logic Drive" and not calling Mass Panic Debates "Mass Debaters"

Hands look better now I didn't tell you before but they were smol

>Logic Drive
why didn't I come up with that yet

well i now manually breathing, blinking, and can't find a comfortable position for my jaw or tongue for fucks sake so I guess I'll take that one

I want Beekeeper to throw Mimei into the lake!

I don't expect it, but it would be a best-case scenario if she wasn't.
Yeah, someone else told me.

Amazing.

Pictures? They're edits, user.

Okay, what sort of backstory can we have for Debate-kun? Also can someone post his pic here so I can type out a description of it for the WinterDR google doc? As for personality, we need to think of how he will be, someway that isn't an Ishimaru retread with different idiosyncrasies and shit.

>"Mass Debaters"
Chris-chan please leave

that's pointlessly pedantic

I imagine he's way more relaxed than Ishimaru. I'm thinking a kind of pre-crazy Nagito vibe?

I have never, not once, claimed to be a good artist.
Better?

So like a calm subdued type that only becomes super straight-laced in an arguement or debate? Sounds good. Anything else?

Creative freedom doesn't equate to something being interesting or appealing.
Alot of people like Wes Craven's "New Nightmare." It did the meta thing. But no one wants to see a sequel to it.
meta universe may have plenty of "creative freedom" but it ultimately feels inconsequential. You can dabble in meta, but to build an entire canon around it, as a soft reboot, is an awful idea. And there is a reason why its never been done.

I love Kirumi!

I want to boop her nose.

BASED

I love my darling husband!!

Um but that goes both ways, creative freedom doesn't mean something is going to be bad just because it's something unlike what others have done before. And I know that I want a sequel to V3, so it's at least working here.

I imagine he'd be right at home in a debate, actually.Remaining chill and relaxed as he calmly debates your points and rebuts your arguments, or the arguments of the other characters. It's just that he's obsessed with the actual having of the debate.

Well he's been described as a bro outside of trials and arguing just for the sake of debating during the trials. So I guess he debates more because he finds the challenge fun and mentally stimulating instead of just trying to find out the truth?

Who is Tsumugi? Is she some kind of producer that works with TDR and is also an actor?

Apparently, unless she was lying about having been involved in stuff like giving Kaito the virus.

Yes. She mentions coming up with a few of the 'plotlines' like Maki falling for Kaito.

Alt universe where danganronpa v3 was directly related to the previous games and hobo hajime helps out shuichi in the v3 killing game.

You have the Danganronpa style down though, no doubt. Wanna try brainstorming a design for one of the characters we have nothing for?

Great, throwing them into the doc. Bro outside trials, bro inside trials. Finds debates fun and stimulating, doesn't care much for finding out the truth, debates points and rebuts arguments calmly and rationally, relaxed and chill even in the heat of a life and death class trial.
Keep at it, guys.

A kidnapped student, like the others, who was brainwashed to act like the mastermind of the 53rd season.

I love festive Kirumi!

Do you think debater would be the type to give himself a handicap? Purposefully going into trials without evidence, etc. It'd be an interesting way for him to be able to argue for the opposite side.

To add onto what I said, I think the idea of needing to reboot danganronpa in the first place is retarded in its own right, and it treats the series like its more special than it actually is.

How many other series have been rebooted, after only being around for 7 years? With all the franchises today that pump out tons of sequels, is it really that bad to milk Danganronpa a bit more? You can find creative ways to make sequels and expand the universe, without nuking it all and trying to get us to care about some BS meta universe.

Maybe for you and a small group of hardcore V3 fans, who really invest alot of time into over analyzing this plot twist that Kodaka pulled out of his ass. The vast majority of people, no. People like the universe that has been previously established, far more than they could ever like what V3 is bringing to the table.

New thread, new Tenko
Kay

>The vast majority of people, no
This is just assuming though. Which is cool, but it's still simply an opinion.

No, that doesn't make sense for a debater.

The Hope's Peak arc is garbage though for continuity. They already stretched everything to the breaking point with DR3, they really can't make any more killing games in that universe. I'm fine with that anyways, since the backstory was easily the weakest part of DR1/2 and so on.

I guess I'll try something for George, since he seems like the one character who's lacking design-wise.

hnnnnnng

>You can find creative ways to make sequels and expand the universe
The main draw of Danganronpa is the basic premise of 16 students being stuck in a killing game and solving murders in class trials. There's no real point in focusing on the backstory and the overall universe.

But for someone who has fun with debating in all sorts of ways, it could work. Besides this is fucking Danganronpa, everyone is autistic in their own ways. Added it to the doc anyway, so if you have any better ideas feel free to throw them here.

Also the more people who offer critique or approval, the better. This is a /drg/ project, so we can't have just 2-3 people decide on one thing and have it be accepted. Needs to be more replies and opinions.

Take some inspiration from the CHAD design.

A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl

Guys I hate myself

I guess he'd be deep down selfish in the trials, but still come out looking like a decent person instead of a heartless jerk. You know, something like
>That was a good debate, Protagonist. If only it didn't have to involve our friend dying like that...
Probably also throws lines like "It's my nature as the Ultimate Debate Club Member to consider other possibilities." instead of flat out saying that he's really enjoying it as well.

I still think debate-kun should be called a lawyer instead of a debater since most talents have careers attached to them as a title.

cool same