/bdog/ The MMORPG Black Desert

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka
Eu: Pettanco, Valor

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/bV5R0qXz

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI?t=13s
youtu.be/qLfQZkqBeBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something seems off about this OP Guild list

What are you grinding?

This the faggot OP starting the avatarfag in the OP image again? Just report him please

>he didn't sage

>he did do that fellow newfag

or maybe he did sage
it is a mystery

proper thread

nobody cares about your OC epic meme screenshot
fuck off

anything is better than dumb riceposter avatarfagging

wow wouldnt it be wacky-dacky if someone posted a character that looked SUUUUUPER SILLY hahaha

Idk man, chink poster made the thread first and it's not your typical IC shitpost as far as I can tell. So why bother?

How is your Box hunt going?

riceposter
>active community member
>shares content in the form of screenshots and opinions, but keeps them seperated to stay anonymous
>makes not-shitpost ops

(you)
>contributes nothing to thread
>hivemind with no opinion of his own
>"do I fit in yet guys? guys?"
>9gag tier OC in OP

really makes you think doesn't it

riceposter need to neck themselves and get permabanned, they keep making threads 50 posts before bump limit and always include the same uggo avatar

>Decide to not do missions
>Pop exp bonuses and grind then move on to next area
>Go from 1-41 in a bit over an hour

>Contrast this to it taking me a number of days to do the same with another class
I always thought people were bullshitting about how quickly you level up and I never believed it. Now I feel silly as shit for taking so long with Striker when it was this fucking easy to ignore everything and go ham.

yeah it was made way early

whatever you say whyfu

>active community member
how newfag are you? If constant shitposting is being an active community member then i guess you're right
>shares content in the form of screenshots and opinions, but keeps them seperated to stay anonymous
kys riceposter
>makes not-shitpost ops
makes avatarfagging OPs with the same dumb chink uggo avatar

how new are you?

you said uggo avatar twice

Never thought I'd defend chinkfag but he made the thread not early and who the fuck cares about the avatar in the OP?

HI whyfu

>ip count stays the same
Definitely whyfu

Which underwear should I get for my valkyrie here? Also any recommendations for pearl items in general other than this jousting set?

Try again, not even NA. I just don't see why it's important who is in the op when it's actually unbiased, complete and okay.

>Defending avatarfaggoting this much
go suck some bbc

Pick like two or three underwears and make a comparison.
can't tell how you look without seeing.

>no simple leggings/stockings underwear without any patterns or ridiculous accessories

lahr arcian

skulls or stripes

>all these short-haired tomboy mystics

bueno

>no full body pantyhose suit

My dick can only get so hard.

Is this A-Okay?

>no full body rock slab costume so I can pretend to be a cold unfeeling monster
just like irl

>plays a girl
>makes a boy
why?

Yeah, now put me in a headlock.

you left her in the oven too long

Same reason you were born male but parade around as female.

Snow weather makes me want the new snow region.
But next region isn't snow...

Why do I keep spending money on this game? I think I might be depressed.

can ya hook me up with a copy I'll be your friend and fish with you or something

SJUKE07-867EK26-KCADTLC-VBKSU

So where am I supposed to get these 80,000 logs from

iktfb

Grab an axe, boy.

A lot of fucking logging bro

wtf do you need that many idiot sticks for?

Time to live out your dreams of being a lumberjack.

epheria

You don't need that many. Don't start processing the ship materials until you have artisan 1 processing level.

You're right. He only needs like 75000 instead of 80000

so just bought this, how fun is valk at level cap, looks like a lot of fun from the gameplay video

I'm a carebear and valk is the only class I've played. I've enjoyed it

She is pretty fun. Good amount of variety in attacks, amazing quality of life from heal and jesus vacuum, quite durable and you're even wanted in pvp if you ever want to try that.

>variety of attacks

Valk's (by far) strongest farming combo pre-awakening is just holding down one button.

And you keep using that solely post-awakening as well, outside of pvp.

here
Granted I don't pay attention to pvp much, but i've never heard of valks being wanted in pvp. Why are they wanted in pvp?

If I'm more interested in PvE, whats the end game in this? I hear no raids or dungeons, so what do you do?

did NA/EU get training manuals yet

Make money
Lifeskill
Lifeskill to make money
Make your character look sexy
Get gear for potentially dipping your toe in pvp

>no problems all day
>sudden back-to-back crashes

Just let me AFK process you shitty Korean Jews.

You fish in town, fish in far out sea or train horses.

Avoid other people like the plague in case they're feeling feisty and want to murder you.

>iktfb

>Make money
>Lifeskill
>Lifeskill to make money
>Make your character look sexy
>Get gear for potentially dipping your toe in pvp
Nothing to explore or find?
Do they ever plan to add something like this?

I dont mind world ganks. I like duels too. I just dont really have too much interest in the PVP endgame.

I really wanna get into this game, but the levelling is just so boring. Guess dungeons spoiled me, any suggestions /bdog/?

>it happened again
youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI?t=13s

How good is the kuno overall?

Bimbos!

Succ?

>explore or find
Yeah there's some level of exploration and finding shit. there are a few places that look 'interesting' in game and cool to find yourself. like this big canyon in the desert
or maybe you mean find as in rare items? but that sorta goes hand in hand with gearing (rare drops) or things like hard to breed horses

Okay!

There's a huge world to explore and you're kindof rewarded for it by gaining knowledge which increases your energy and such, but it's not like games that have systems built around exploration and treasure from it.
You could do life skills, but there's not really much to suggest if you don't enjoy it without dungeons.

how does farming work in this game?

is it like in runescape where certain areas have places to plant stuff in or what?

youtu.be/qLfQZkqBeBc

worst class in the game, not even joking

I suppose incentives to explore the world I mean. Since there aren't dungeons to do.
Maybe I'll describe MMOs I have played and you can tell me if you think I'll like it?

I played Everquest on PS2 for ages. Loved that game and was my first venture into MMOs.

I eventually got into Final Fantasy XI which is still my favorite MMO to date, and despite some dated combat/menus, the game itself is still something I can come back to at any time. I won't go into much more detail. Basically I post in every XI thread that I see on /v/ until it 404s.

Didn't like WoW. Played it for a month back in vanilla.

FFXIV 1.0. I played it consistently. The issues the game had were awful, but I wanted so much for XI-2 that I kept going. There was quite a few things I actually liked about 1.0.

Aion Online. I liked the way you got around in the world. Ground PVP was fun. Flight combat sucked dick. World was cool. Played for a few months.

GW2 PVP was fun, game was a let down overall though. Lack of feeling of progression imo VERY early on. Pretty art style / music though.

I've played FFXIV ARR since launch. I like FF. I like the art direction. I've grown to like the WoW mechanics. I still want some things in it to drastically change I know never will.

See too
I forgot to mention the knowledge thing
seeing the beautiful landscapes? That's rewarding in itself for me. But like the other guy said, if you can't enjoy MMO without dungeons, its hard to sell you the game. But there's definitely lots of self directed shit to do

You rent a fence from NPC, put it down where you want, plant seeds, take care of pests and harvest when ready.

>plants only grow when you're online
>strawberry plant needed 16 hours to fully grow
do I really need to stay online 16 hours for it to fully grow?

You sound like you've played mostly theme park MMOs. This is not one of them. You make your own adventure in this game. Lots of people get turned off by that and that's fine, it's not everyone's cup of tea. The only thing that even vaguely holds your hand are the Black Spirit quests, but the rest is up to you as a player. You are given the responsibility to use the tools you've been handed to make something of your time spent in the game.

My friend just got the game and rolled a dark knight. He says he doesn't like the feel of the movement, it feels to heavy. Is there a maybe more mobile and fast feeling class?

He also complained about stuff dying too easily but I just told him "nigga, you're level 11".

Where at?

The game encourages you to leave it on at all times.

I tried mortal online. I feel like I would have liked that, but the game felt mostly "incomplete" when I played it, So I dropped it quickly. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance though.

I mean it's really hard to tell someone with confidence whether or not they'll like a game based on a list of games they've played before.

BDO is just kinda different. BDO is extremely repetitive and if you don't like grind without a sense of concrete direction or dungeons then those are easy indicators you might not enjoy it much. It's hard for me to even sell BDO on what it has, because it's just so subjective. I think it's extremely comfy and I have tons of constant goals which keep me going more than doing a raid or dungeon over and over does for me, but it's hard to tell people they'll be into the same thing.

>16 hours
wat
its like 4 hours. though that assumes you're nearby and take care of the farm often

Heidel inn.

Your friend will quit soon, the people that complain about stuff dying too easily typically do.

Valkyrie or Maewha might fit him better but DK gets much more mobile at 56 and judging any class before then is silly.

>comfy
BDO is definitely comfy
>do whatever the fuck you want available in game end enjoying it thoroughly at your own pace

Failed at purchasing the item.

>your second line
I already told him that. His counter argument was "nigga, if I have to play the game that long for it to get good, whats the point?"

Casuals ruined gaming

>muh instant gratification

He'll quit no doubt, because this game isn't for him.

His point would hold more weight if leveling to 56 actually took 20+ active grinding hours to get but it's just couple of hours and as a new player he shouldn't worry about levels too much.

Absolutely. I used to even hate grinding and never got past 56 but I've opened the doors and accepted grinding in my life now. Just put on music and lose yourself to it, and at the end you have so much more silver.

But yeah, I love BDO, I find it so comfy, even sitting at my farm relentlessly pruning my crops is just so nice. Exploring the world in BDO gives you nothing meaningful and yet I love it so much. Every time I wander into a nice spot I'm still taken aback.

I wish it was easier to put my love for BDO into words for anons asking this stuff but it's also so subjective unfortunately.

I can kindof agree with him. I mean, I'm extremely indecisive with classes so my only solution was to level literally every class to 56 to make an accurate decision on what to play and even now I swap often. I enjoyed the process the whole time though, minus losing silver for all the gear swaps, your friend sounds like he just genuinely isn't the type to like what BDO is, and getting to 56 to decide won't help his outlook any.

May I ask what some of your constant goals are?

What's the best erp house in the game?