/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous Timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BBCF 2.0 now out in arcades, consoles and PC featuring Jubei and a large amount of balance changes.
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming in 2018 to PS4, Switch and PC.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Discord Links
pastebin.com/UM1rb5SJ
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Blazblue Central Fiction Beginner's Tutorial: Beginner Characters and Where to Start
youtube.com/watch?v=mAnBUUjDSxk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NESvOyDjzg
pastebin.com/pXbVnVpW
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Notation
youtu.be/ecOIAK9i1Dk
trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Blazblue:_Continuum_Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Lambda

second for lambda

I love Mai.

Fourth for Lambda!

Fifth for Lambda!

Play Weiss

I love her so much

why don't you buy her some breast implants

It looks like she has enough there

Because she’s perfect the way she is

>V4 outfit

Is there a place where i can see all the WIn quotes archived?

Fellas.....

Is Tager bullshit? A lot of his counters don't really work.

the wiki maybe? idk

no

Bullshit to use? Meh, a little.

They got posted on a Dustloop thread.

Lole

I just bought CF today since it was on sale on steam. I started with CT and Stopped after CS, I used to main Lambda/Nu and Hakumen. How much have they changed/ how good are they in this? How hard would it be to learn Nine?

Nu is a liiitle worst, lambda is good, Hakumen is a raping beast when combining MUGEN & OD and is very good otherwise, and Nine is simple, but a little difficult to acostume to given her playstile and drive

What lovely posts. Why are the Murakumo's so best bros?

Git
Gud
And learn from what are you doing wrong with replays and stop getting your ass handed

They have been genetically ingeniered to be maximun besto for people with the correct taste

>Nu is a little worse
Well that sucks.
>Lambda is good
That's nice, I always did like her axe/saw better. Does she still have spikechaser?
>Hakumen is a beast
Nice.
>Nine is simple, but a little difficult to acostumed to given her playstyle and drive
So once I smash my head against the wall and break through it all makes sense? If so I might have to take the time to learn her then.

You want true helpful advice? Here you have:
Save your replays from real matches and analyze when are you getting catched, if during blockstring, wake up, on the air, just being constantly countered, etc.
That's the first real step.

Lambda does have spike chaser

Well, the more difficult thing with her is that all her normal, when they hit, build up a 3 element combination for a spell that you use with D. Once you grasp that, memoryze certain usefull spells, and understand how to High Jump cancel, then the rest is easy.

Looks like I have to focus on her then

Or you can also focus on best husbando
youtube.com/watch?v=1NESvOyDjzg

>all her normal, when they hit, build up a 3 element combination for a spell that you use with D
So the ideal combo would be something along the lines of 3 normals and a Drive, then repeat?

I intend to have him as my backup since I love his counter and projectile denial

Well, you better go to her Dustloop wikia, but for an example:

Favorite artist /blaz/?

>10

how does the keyword thing work? is it like the lobby id thing from xrd but custom?

>tfw finally reached dark green after 4 months of being blue

>tfw forever stuck between dark green and blue

If you aren't at least a yellow square you shouldn't be allowed to post desu.

>this kills the /blaz/

>tfw orange square but don't deserve
>constantly bullied by oranges and pinks
>oranges even lose to me on purpose just so they can bully me some more
it hurts so much

pastebin.com/pXbVnVpW

Aside from fucking Hakumen, who can 0-death anyone?

Don't know, but fuck Hakumen players who sandbag just to fucking OD Mugen your ass when you think they're finished. Is this supposed to be funny?

dead

Which of the downloadable characters are _____fun?

Jubei only really.

Does Susano'o count? If no, Jubei, no contest. Mai is braindead and so is Es.

Does that bullshit Tager Orbit thing still work in 2.0?

Why the fuck did they make it possible to miss with Izanami's 720 time stop? There are attacks that go through invincibility, but despite its bullshit start up, it's not one of them.

Still quite new to this series: Is the challenge mode an okay indicator of whether or not I might want to take up a character? Or are the combos in there often impractical and/or bad

I've liked it as an introduction to what characters are capable of, and there are some characters I can progress through their combos quite easily, and others where even the low(ish) challenges are kind of difficult.

Combos are combos. The problem is actually getting the opportunity to perform them.

a couple of them have parts in them that are used in good combos but also have unnecessary things or things harder than what's actually done

>really nice and cute "first time" girl that helped me learn the ropes
Does she have any viability at the higher levels of play? I really don't want to ditch her after all she's done for me

f-forgot image

yes she's pretty strong

Yeah, Challenge Mode is pretty much made for that. When you decide on an actual character to learn, search for a guide on youtube

Bullet, out of a FC 5C with 2H and full OD

how much damage can she get?

>first getting into fighters some years ago
>look up guides on youtube because it works for every other game so why not
>its just some shitter showing off his combos to the world under the guise of a guide
>any actual attempt to teach combos is written like some advanced chemistry experiment, the likes of which can only be deduced by having a lifetime of studying fighting game lingo
>any actual attempt to teach non-combos is phrased using terminology that couldn't possibly help explain anything to someone that hasn't spent a lifetime studying the fighting genre
>close tabs: "maybe fighting games aren't for me...."
things are different now r-right?

Yes, now you have stylish mode! (:-D>

how else would they write combos down other than standardized notation? You want them to put all the actual move names there so each combo becomes a 200 word essay?

Nope.
You should pick up the terminology the more you play, so don't feel like you need a class on fighting games.
BlazBlue has a tutorial mode, the standard move lists in training mode, the aforementioned challenge mode, and /blaz/ is happy to help most of the time.

The fighting game community is notorious for being an old boy's club. If you weren't baptized into it as a wee lad, you will have to undergo the trial by fire.

I'm assuming its sarcasm but just in case, I don't see the point. It just seems like a stupid crutch that doesn't get you anywhere meaningful as a player.

I just look at it as a common sense thing, honestly. If someone is looking for a guide on how to play the game or a character, chances are they aren't good enough to figure it out on their own; so taking further steps to confuse or distance them from it seems counter-intuitive. Players familiar with the mechanics and terminology of fighters probably have the capability to figure out how a character works without a guide.

I actually have picked up on most of the terminology over the last couple years. Its more the practical application I struggle with. There just seem to be so many advanced mechanics I see and go "oh shit I'll totally use that when I'm in the top 5% of players where it actually matters" and never actually getting to that point makes it obsolete. but like you said, /blaz/ has been helpful to me so far, so I'm not giving up that easily

sounds like it's just you trying to bite more than you can chew. If you don't understand combo notation or basic terminology you should take a step back and look up notation guides and glossaries.

Not that you have to memorize hundreds of words right out of the gate, but you should at least know what simple concepts like frametraps, okizeme, blockstrings etc are. Leave the character specific guides (combos, setups and all that) for later

>bite off more than you can chew
That's precicely my issue I think, but it doesn't help when tutorials and probably guides actively push needless information way too soon. Even going through blazblue's tutorial there is shit that I know just seeing it I'm literally never going to use because its out of my skill bracket; but why expand on the fundamentals when you can introduce the extremes I guess.

Is there a good guide for blazblue (or any fighter I guess, if its universal)?
I thought I had a good grasp on concepts or terms but even with the ones you listed I can only assume frametrap is one of two things, I have no idea what okizeme is (unless I just don't know it by name), and again with blockstring I can only guess and not be sure.

dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Notation

I don't avise going through all the terms in one go. Just reference the guide as you come across the terms elsewhere

>Even going through blazblue's tutorial there is shit that I know just seeing it I'm literally never going to use because its out of my skill bracket
Like what?

thanks user I'll bookmark it

>counter hits
>spending meter to cancel my combo into another combo
>that "all face buttons" mode that lasts for 2 seconds
>that shit you can only use when the enemy is below a certain HP threshold on the final round
And this is just off the top of my head. I'm sure these all have their uses (in some cases I can see them already) but actually taking advantage of what they offer is so not the thing a learning player needs to care or focus on.

You obviously don't know the bundle of joy that is OD Terumi. There's also OD Hakumen with his buff super active. You can kill the enemy in one braindead combo with that shit.

>CF1 OD Terumi loops
Was there anything more fun to watch?

I’m sure you’re already using counter hits without noticing, it’s hard not to, unless you mean counter assault, that’s a whole different story.
If you’re seriously interested in the game and want to improve, just practice and you’ll be able to use all mechanics just by instinct.
If you understand the mechanic well, with time you’ll start noticing how and when to use it, so the most we can do is just explain them and what they do.

youtu.be/ecOIAK9i1Dk

That's what I'm saying though. I'm sure all this stuff has application, but so much of it is not only character specific, but probably completely irrelevant at my (lack of) skill level

I definitely am. I just think there's a big gap between
>I got a counter hit, cool
and
>I got a counter hit, I can use that to combo into these specific combos I wouldn't normally be able to
And I'm sure the same goes for fatal, if not even more. Pretty much if I get it I just say "neat", I'm not nearly at the point where I can actually act on it.

Yeah, leave the counter hits until after you learn a character and his/her combos, step by step and you’ll get there user.

This is actually kinda sad

My sides

very

good morning /blaz/

Good morninWeiss-user

>0% chance
What retard programmed the kumos, robot girls are always supposed to say yes.

Press d, activate rib cage, throw fidget spinner to gain time
profit
works sometimes

Morning Weiss person.

Well he isn't Ragna so it's understandable that the Kumos don't like him.

Pretty much all scientists are retarded in BlazBlue.

>I got a counter hit, I can use that to combo into these specific combos I wouldn't normally be able to
just think of counters as combo extenders for now and throw some BnBs and that'll do for now
Also remember that counters add more hitstun frames ( it will take longer for them to recover than usual, unless they burst)

I want to try and learn Noel for Noel and because she's a qt
Any tips?

W-what is he doing to the Mayor?

>learn Noel for Noel
what did he mean by this

Who voted for mayor Kisaragi?

Tsuba-i-Ki certainly did

I want a garden full of pink, red, and white Camellias!

>Noel
>noun
>1. the Christmas season; yuletide.

Nobody voted for Izanami, but we all know how it went

trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Blazblue:_Continuum_Death

>death
>a possessed doll with red eyes
>not fucking izanami
Why were you looking for this kind of shit anyway?

I'm bored and I like finding really dumb fan shit to post about Blazblue when there's nothing going on.

[Spoiler] Should I dig through the OC wiki again?[/spoiler]

Don't

Yes

Good morning /blaz/

Fap to Noel Day is coming, are you preparing your body?