/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #681

''A new chapter in /lesg/'s history'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=0MddnJ6Z4JA
youtube.com/watch?v=kpfSJcVdJ7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Reminder that artists need to draw Max like the horsetoothed shit-haired aspie looking girl she is rather than making her some cute brunette

>wishing ill upon people you've never met
>wishing LiS 2 sucks instead of wishing the best upon it
How sad for you, that you think your vile curses have any power.

Chloe is #1

Just finished Episode 3. Streamed it yesterday.

Why did Eliot went all incel nice guy yandere autist instead of maintaining that chad look he had till the end?

Fuck you and fuck men. You Tumor snake owner

I am done with men. They are evil. You should all be killed

I wish it all wasn't a beautiful lie.

I wish it didn't hurt so much to admit it.

ALWAYS

Because Zak had plans for Eliot that might have made sense if he had been a more prominent character.
But alas, it was not so.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

WHY WON'T CHLOE HAVE SEX WITH ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

t.Eliot

I wonder if Christmas 2010 was nice for them.

RiP Father/Daughter bond

See:
Your evil curses will only bring pain upon you. You need to look inward to fix your problems, rather than trolling on a Uganda Pottery board.
Life is Strange is about forgiveness, for leaving Arcadia Bay and not returning Chloe's texts, for leaving Chloe and having sex with two men without even having the decency to break up with her, and for invading the privacy of students of Blackwell.

LiS is all about forgiveness, friend. Let your hatred go.

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

No boys allowed.

I was feeling kind of bad for Garriss because I do actually like and can appreciate what he was going for in 3 (except the post-credits, I have no idea how anyone on the team thought that was acceptable), even if it wasn't what a lot of people wanted. He's getting a lot of bullshit thrown his way, some of it deserved but most of it completely out of proportion.

This feeling remained until I went to see what tweets he'd liked recently.

Sucks for you. My Chloe still fucks him.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Sucks for you, my Chloe was dating Steph.

>another thread of pricefield headcanon
Yuck

Piss off. I hate you and all men. All you do is hurt women.

I hope you are castrated slowly and painfully.

Men cause me so much rage and anger and pure hate. I wish I could kill you all. FUCKING DIE!!!

If lis 2 has male protagonist and love interest

I hope they get fucking slaughtered

It's only fair

If a male character gets a happy ending now it's misogyny

Fuck dontnod and decknine so much

Patriarchal assholes

Well MY Chloe fucks old men for money.

Get it all out. Vent all you like. Just know that cursing people does not help, and neither will seeking revenge.
This isn't what Kate would want. It isn't what Chloe, Rachel, Max, or Steph would want.
youtube.com/watch?v=0MddnJ6Z4JA

Wtf. Get help asap, a man would one shot the fuck outta you so fast little girl

It was magical!

zak is just a puppet leave him alone

ZAK GIVE ME BACK MY LEGIONS

Misandry is salvation.

You should ask for your firebending back first, Rachel.

Is she a bad person? Do you think she understood how much pain she would cause Chloe, her own family, and so many people she touched along the way?

Yes and no doesnt know the pain she caused.

DAMN WARREN LOOKS LIKE THAT?

What did she mean by this?

So what is the canon ending choice? I think it's tell Rachel the truth.

FUCK YOU
You killed them all anyway. YOUD rape them

Because you are scum. Like all men.
You all deserve to die slowly and painful. All the torture and pain you dealt out to other returned 10 fold.

You are all evil.

Fuck fuck you. Fuck rapist doctors, fuck rapist psychs, fuck rapist men

YOU AREL FUCKING RPAIST NURDERISER.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU LEAVE ME ALONE

JUST FUCK OFFF!!!!!!

I don't think she's a bad person, but she seems unable to stand for anything and by pleasing everyone, no one trusts her.

She's a yes-man, and no one likes that.

>Bad person? hella yes
>Understood pain caused in 3 years? Hella no

It depends. In your eyes, was Sera a bad person?

There's your answer.

Why are you wasting your time with asinine pigs?

Well the fact that no one else is looking for her or her corpse besides Chloe says your answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpfSJcVdJ7g

Don’t forget

Rachel's not a bad person.
Just a person. Who made mistakes and lived a life that was cut short just before she could turn eighteen and leave to LA with Chloe.

legion intel

>he picked the bad ending

God I love this. Thanks for posting.

This is pretty cool, too.

Because I hate you

I don't know.

I know it was heavily implied in episode 3, but is it really possible that Rachel was doomed from birth? Could she really be forever destined to follow in her foosteps?

You can go anywhere, but you are where you came from.

>telling the truth is always the right thing!

??

Legiontards are retarded and should be wiped from existing

> Cellphone has two home buttons
> Rachel got stabbed in the arm, says it will be an ugly scar, but gets a tattoo on her leg instead. The scar never mentioned on MISSING person’s poster
> Rachel’s bracelet being passed around like pass the parcel
> Max in the high school photo magically appearing and disappearing
> hair dye doesn’t work like they show in the game. It would turn into green without bleaching first
> Chloe didn’t know Frank’s dog name in first game
> Victoria not coming to Blackwell for specky four eyes Jeffershit
>Chloe never got along with David
> Magical army photo never mentioned.
> Rachel wearing the same jacket she got stabbed in in the montage at the lighthouse
> the fact that Chloe and sera are just chilling and chatting right after being shot up w drugs and kicked half to death
> Chloe should have broken ribs and bloody head after that shit what Damon did to her
> sera, after fighting for years to get access to her daughter again, all of a sudden decides nah, nevermind
> Why does a district attorney even have important files and evidence at his house?
> the fact that paying Damon/frank the money doesn’t calm Damon down at all, there’s no way for you to get out of the stabbing. your conversation choices, once again, don’t matter at all
> And why doesn’t Chloe close the damn door behind her so the Ken doll could follow her
> David wants to get along with Chloe but stores her towel under a sink and replaces it with his own.
> Real mom shows up with a lawyer, daughter knows father lied to her tried to kill her mom, yet sticks around AB anyway despite having a hot girlfriend with a truck and money
> Chloe writes on Rachel’s walls and makes jokes in her planner while she’s crying (as tasteful as Max wearing Rachel’s clothes)
> Rachel doesn’t get a blanket in the hospital because they couldn’t animate a blanket lol
> Chloe asks Mrs amber about a shirt when their family is falling apart

>but is it really possible that Rachel was doomed from birth?
>You can go anywhere, but you are where you came from.
Yeah. It's a shit hand that Rachel was dealt but there's nothing she could have done. From her point of view it "must look like an 18 karat run of bad luck but the truth is, the game was rigged from the start"

Truex1000

I am so fucking drained and upset

There is no safety anywhere

Ready for cold Christmas, shaka brah!

>Game was rigged from the start
Fuck yes! New Vegas reference. Best game ever.

caulscott is hot!

>Christmas is probably going to be 40+ degrees Fahrenheit here
Feels bad, bro.

Make sure your Chloe has plenty of bottles.

I mostly like this but I'm not real sure how I feel about the ears and dog collar.

I always wonder what Chloe is playing here. Something that she really enjoys? Some hipster bullshit for Max? It's fun to think about.

fucking zak fucking hack

Would having a child with Max be what it would take for Nathan to clean up his act?

I wonder where it really started though.

The young girl we meet in BtS is so benign. She's sweet, and so childish that it's very difficult to imagine that she could truly understand the magnitude of what she is doing. She's still innocent.

At some point she has to take responsibility for her actions, but in her emotional state, with no true friends other than Chloe, and a broken family that dependant on choice may be completely destroyed, who could been the one to call her for what it was?

As bad as it sounds, was James always right? Should Rachel have wanted to be more like him instead of less once she uncovered the web of lies he had weaved to protect her?

Or was that exactly the problem? Rachel became so used to lying, maybe even she believed her lies.

But why? What made it so hard for Rachel to tell anyone the truth, ever?

I feel like there is a lesson in BtS somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

James set her down that path the moment he proved untrustworthy.
Supervised visitation would have saved so much trouble.

But you WILL, you all go bad

every man I ever trusted hurt me and put me in a world of hell. EVERY SINGLE ONE

You will always hold that power, that potential to kill or rape us. Like a dagger hanging over us at all times. Ready to fall at any moment

How the fuck are we supposed to trust you?

>Or was that exactly the problem? Rachel became so used to lying, maybe even she believed her lies.
Rachel was someone different to everyone and I think somewhere along the way she lost who she really was. She told Chloe she was talking about her Dad but I think she was really talking about herself but maybe not even she knew that.

>I always wonder what Chloe is playing here
She looks sad and pensive; she is probably playing some melancholic tune.

Best Chloe

Makes sense. Both James and Sera fucked her.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel has such addictive tendencies because Sera was doping while she was in the womb.

Guys, I just finished BtS.

What the fuck was that?! How do they fuck it up every time?! Is the LiS license cursed? Is it some lesson from the Almighty to punish us for our hubris?

Sigh. I was foolish for getting my hopes up.

Probably the guitar riff from "(Don't Fear) the Reaper". Terrible joke. I'm sorry. Kind of.

we still can't believe how shit it was

To be honest Rachel would have worse problems than addictive tendencies if her mum doped while she was pregnant. Like sometimes babies are born addicted and just die.
Given that Rachel wasn't stunted and doesn't seem to be bad at academics, I'm going to assume Sera either kept her doping to a minimum or stayed clean while pregnant.

>mfw I refused to play past the bedroom scene when I heard about the dark room ending

Im am so smug I didn't but have to suffer and you did

No intimate scenes for you, you horny pig.

Now that a lot of us have finished BtS...knowing what we do now.

Would Chloe have been better off having never met Rachel? Even with all of the joy she brought Chloe, was it worth a lifetime of pain?

Chloe would have just gone to class and maybe have shaped up after that epic DnD game with Steph, so...I'd say not meeting Rachel that day would be a good thing.

i need more victoria art

Well, if their fates are pre-determined and echo one another, take solace in the fact that Sera did eventually turn things around. It's just that, tragically, James put her in a situation where she had to choose between seeing her daughter and ruining what she saw as Rachel's "perfect life" or giving her up for her own good.

Maybe Rachel would've eventually had the same realisation. She just never got the chance to change things because Arcadia Bay is fucking cursed.

>franchise is predicated on chaos theory, the butterfly effect, how the smallest actions create ripples in time, alternate universes, parallel timelines...
>woops all choices you make and all combinations of choices invariably leads to Rachel in the Dark Room :^)
Eat shit and die, Zak

I don't think she was using until after the pregnancy. It might have been a post-partum thing.

Oh yes. I'd wipe my soulmates existence from my memory in a heartbeat if they were going to be taken from me

I'd rather never meet them than meet them and lose them.

It would have been so much better.

>no stress about Rachel when she disappears just a casual "huh poor girl" and moves on with her thoughts
>no bs quest that's gets her killed in LiS
>no time powers for max, thus no storm.
>Chloe can ignore max as she doesent need her, probably leaves Arcadia and has a happy life elsewhere

Fuck you rachel, fuck you max

And fuck you Emma. I'm glad your dead. I didn't need you anyway

But who would she have coped with about David? About the feelings of her father being replaced? Who would she have run off with?

Max was still three and a half long years away. Could she get by only confiding those thoughts into her journal?

Or was Rachel a necesary evil?