/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

A Very Ramlethal Christmas Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqblp7
twitch
twitter.com/daymendou/status/944409487875620864
twitter.com/OnimariO1/status/944588776617234432
dropbox.com/s/rdj6crn5kqh0aup/XX_Sound.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/amailohalmachi/status/944176612899094528
imgur.com/a/DCrkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for venom

Best girl

Here you go user. I keep my promises. Now return the honor by proving you're not just a waifufag and become the best Millia player you can be.

I'll do my best.

axl is honest

Well said. I'm gonna do my best to get better with Millia, too.

Funny, he's not really spanking her ass, he's spanking her thights.

You guys ever do west coast lobbies? I only ever see people setting up lobbies in east coast.

Used to be daily when these threads started. Don't know why they died off. You can be the change that you want.

There are occasional ones, but most of the people playing in these lobbies are EC, with a few midwest and euros. If you want, start putting your own up.

what the other guys are saying or join the EC lobby and see how your connection holds up

Every now and then I see a midwest lobby pop up. You can always host one, you know.

just lie about your region, most people can't tell the difference anyway

>most people can't tell the difference anyway
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mikado is having another first to ten match with Omito vs. Zadi and Nage vs. Fumo.

Go on.

not him but twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqblp7

Omito JO v Zadi RV
Nage FA v Fumo EL
twitch
.tv/joniosan
Sat 12/23 5:30 PM JST
NA/SA Pacific: 12:30 AM Eastern 3:30 AM
NZ 930PM
AUS 7:30PM
GB 8:30AM
EU 9:30AM

gonna probably just catch the restream, busy shit tomorrow and can't throw off my schedule this close to christmas. They're going to restream the night after probably with obama in the chat answering questions around 1230am ET.

Thanks user.

Faust is ..CUTE!

30 minutes until match. broadcast seems to be zadi training now

Faust is ..Fun!

>still hasn't started at 340am
gl nage and omito im sleepin

Debatable.

BEST GIRL

Kawaii

It's such a shame such a nice artstyle and soundtrack had to be absolutely wasted on a Rush-down heavy game.

Like, I understand that the whole point of GG is to get people hyped watching it and playing it but there comes a point where at least one of the lead devs had to have said "Do you really think it'd be a good idea to include YRC and Danger Time when we already have two rushdown characters and one has an unblockable setup?"

The game is fun to play when learning but eventually you learn that literally everything in the game is dependent on who can build meter faster and not who can set play and outmaneuver someone. The fact that May and Leo from the offset already have an advantage when the round starts because all it takes is one or two inputs for them to have better choices and options than you. The game shitting out meter left and right for quite literally any and everything is really annoying when playing against setup characters too.

I honestly do not understand why they even put Baiken in the game and moreso why they nerfed her so hard from her XX form. She is literally a non-threat to 90% of the characters in the cast.
In fact I think the only fucking character she has a decent match-up against is fucking Potemkin and he's in the absolute shitter right now.

>we already have two rushdown characters and one has an unblockable setup?

Really makes you think

>The fact that May and Leo from the offset already have an advantage when the round starts because all it takes is one or two inputs for them to have better choices and options than you.

Acquire proficiency.

>In fact I think the only fucking character she has a decent match-up against is fucking Potemkin

It's the other way around and she's one of the few Pot's good MUs

>I did well tonight but I just can't stop getting extremely frustrated off of every loss.
My man I've been frustrated when playing as her since I've switched to her back in Sign. It's terribly demoralizing to be doing well during a match, everything is going in your favour, then you fuck up a dash disc and end up getting thrown, or you skyrocket into the air because you did 2369P too fast, or mistime a meaty 2S on a DP-happy Leo with 50 meter and suddenly you just lost the round. It's even worse in Rev2 since there's absolutely no reason to be playing Millia because Raven has equally consistent but less risky oki and Chipp is much better at being a pixie.
But don't give up, you can do it. It's an uphill road, but it's all worth it in the end. We, as Millia mains, need to stay strong, because if we don't protect her smile, then who else will?
Do it for her.
Holy fuck this post got extremely autistic

>skyrocket into the air because you did 2369P

I finally finished the basic combos for a character!

So I'm like a pro now right? Where do I collect my trophy.

>It's the other way around and she's one of the few Pot's good MUs
Pot here, no. She has to forget about having azami on wakeup but tatami is super good and Pot is easy to combo. Not many competent Baikens though.

Now try and execute them all from memory.

How to avoid the post-Under Pressure mixup:
twitter.com/daymendou/status/944409487875620864
Basically mashing works against forward dash, 5K (6f) and c.S (5f), but it's not a good idea to mash because Slayer gets a fat CH into huge damage if he does It's Late (3f). BDC bite beats mashing as well
A safe option is to backdash, apparently c.S can catch that but I never had it happen in matches and I can't get it to work in training, maybe it's character dependent
The safest option is to jump back FD which beats everything

you don't get anything for playing white ram

You'd think her azami would be less useful against Pot more often than just when waking up. That in addition to Baiken's low health and it seems to me the MU favors Pot.
I don't play either so I might be wrong.

I don't get how a heavy rock soundtrack could be wasted on a rushdown-heavy game. Don't the two support each other nicely due to both of them being somewhat energetic and aggressive?

>The fact that May and Leo from the offset already have an advantage when the round starts because all it takes is one or two inputs for them to have better choices and options than you.
What did he mean by this?
No seriously, I have no idea what you mean.

No clue either.
I'm no fighting games expert if it helps.

Fucking Baiken shitters, my god.

I just saw this exact post in a /v/ thread so it's now officially copy pasta.

Do the arcade cabinets have online play? I'm in Japan at the moment and a local arcade has cabinets but I can't figure out if they can play online or not. I have an Aime card too.

If he meant that some characters are at an advantage in round start, I agree. But that's just like, fighting games. Some characters are better at some situations.
I don't get how this is a negative. If your opponent has a fast normal that can reach you at the roundstart, maybe it isn't the best idea to try to mash your own slower normals.
Maybe I'm just being baited or something.

Here's a pic of the cabs for you guys btw

I have no personal experience, but based on quick googling, looks like there isn't, or at least wasn't when Rev2 came out.

That's a shame, the blazblue cabinets have online since they run on nesica, wish guilty gear had the same.

I have a problem where rev2 stays on the screen when I alt-tab and I can only minimize it from the task manager

anyone know how to fix?

Faust is beautiful! In every way!!

take some games off of japs for us user!

Scoopz

That's the stuff user

>two EU shitters

See me.

Sure bro what's your PSN

Stealing is wrong

;)
nice dodge

Glad you like it. You're welcome to see me though, my psn: getdowntobusiness

Don't fight.

Well, we can't. Different platforms, guess I gotta hold that smacktalk.

Fight, but do it in game

Whoops, didn't even use the correct version.
Don't you go and die over the holidays /ggg/

Needs a good sniff.

You should see me instead, I devised some top secret anti-Answer tech called "kicking the modem whenever I get KD'd"

twitter.com/OnimariO1/status/944588776617234432

>The safest option is to jump back FD which beats everything
that's what i've been experimenting with and having the most luck with

I'm about to leave for the holidays, in two weeks again.

I just IB Potemkin Buster and try to force them to play around me

Alright, happy holidays man
>tfw going on vacation in 3 days with a group of friends and we're just going to play fighting games and go drink every day

Thanks, to you and all the other anons here too.
Sounds great desu

Does anyone have that XX announcer mod for Xrd?

should be it, in my history but never touched it. i prefer may or i-no being my announcers
dropbox.com/s/rdj6crn5kqh0aup/XX_Sound.zip?dl=0

>Only certain characters have their names said on the **Character Select** screen from Isuka:
Sol, Ky, May, Millia, Slayer, I-No, Potemkin, Faust, Jam, Johnny, Dizzy, Axl, Chipp, Venom, and Baiken

>The VS screen, Rejection, Danger Time, Hellfire indicators (entering state + landing overdrive), and menu options are still the Xrd announcer.

I should have expected this, in retrospect
Alright, I'll keep Faust as my announcer, but thanks anyways

I am posting Robo-Ky in honour of the Cao Cao poster in /mbg/ that was posting in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a complete roster.

What's more likely, another installment or update to Rev 2?

Me shoving my face in Jam's crotch.

What's in the "optional DLC" in the steam versions? Characters or just costumes and shit?

SNIFF

This is 100% speculation but based on the pattern I've seen with Xrd Sign to Rev2 my guess would be either:
>one more Rev2 update announced for Spring 2018
>adds Robo Ky and Zappa as playable characters
>MAYBE Ariels depending on if they discover any techniques to rig the animation faster after DBFZ
>last Rev update until the next title which will be built from the ground up on a heavily upgraded version of their custom Unreal 4 setup
>If so, the next game will probably be released spring 2019

Or

>new full game announced in Spring 2018
>Rev2 will get a balance patch and new figure mode/avatar content as a small patch to tide the wait
>next full game will be built from the ground up and will have Robo Ky, Zappa, and Anji as returning playable characters
>Ariels will make her playable debut
>Asuka will make his playable debut, will be the free unlockable character similar to Raven and Sin in the past
>Happy Chaos will be a newcomer
>Delilah (Bedman's sister) will play exactly the same as Bedman now that he's canonically dead (think Elphelt's costume change from Sign to Revelator but it's a new character that plays the same as Bedman)
>ABA, Testament, and Bridget will appear in story mode and will be heavily implied to be the next ones up, like Johnny was in Sign or Zappa and Robo Ky are now
>the release date will be approximately Fall 2018, might get pushed back to winter if they decide to make more characters playable from the start

Both are guesses but if I had to say which one would be more likely it would be the second. At least as far as pre-release goes. It's not a perfect pattern but Sign launched in Winter 2014 and followed with Revelator in Spring 2016. Rev2 was smaller and released in 2017 so my guess is a new release will be in Fall 2018 at the absolute earliest.

optional costumes and system voice for answer and baiken. not necessary at all

reasonable speculation but I think far too many characters in the second one; GG seems to like being around a 25 character roster. Robo-Ky is almost a given but first scenario seems more reasonable (minus Zappa) while the second one is plausible in the timeline given along with the likely switch to UE4. I think Arc is being smart and letting Namco pay for the R&D and training for them to flesh out what they need for UE4 and they seem well on their way.

It's really tiring hearing people speculate about shit over and over when it's someone as close-lipped as asw. We're in a new world too where fighting games are as popular as they are/a bigger deal in the west again, Arc working on a big budget project with DBFZ plus XTAG, and we're in the 3d and eatsports era. People are gonna keep asking, I'm just gonna ignore or say "I don't know."

I wonder what a new story could entail seeing how Sol's story is now pretty much finished besides his fight with Asuka.

anyone ec want to beat up a scrub? pc/ps4

There's a lot left. If anything GG2: Overture to Rev2 is the second to last major arc of the series. We still have:
>Asuka's true goals
>I-No's despair induced breakdown
>Deliliah's entry to the plot to finish off Bedman's character arc
>Baiken coming to terms with the fact that her vengeance that she dedicated her life to is both directed towards the wrong person and impossible to attain
>Aria's actual reaction to being resurrected, she rejected the initial attempt and had to be forced to resurrect, currently Jack-O' is staying with Sol while her consciousness as Aria is slowly returning
>Raven's last fight with Sol
>and any other things those can cause to add more along the way

We're coming into the last arc from what I can tell but we're far from finished.

I'll play for about a half hour or so on PC if you want.

can you make a room?

kes8

I'll only be around for a bit, since I have an earlier shift today to get some time for the holidays.

What does SJIAD mean in Ino combos?

superjump iad if I imagine so like 196

super jump instant air dash

Oh fuck I'm retarded thank you

twitter.com/amailohalmachi/status/944176612899094528

meant to try my dizzy out but i guess that works too
fun games user

Thanks for the games. You made me realize I don't know how to deal with Jam's block strings other than FD. Don't forget you have a burst also.

Anyone know where I can find more of these character models as gifs?

imgur.com/a/DCrkE

Thanks

does anyone know if you can still mod or cheat engine to the ram stage and make it black or some keyed color for getting sprites?