/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1133 - Middle Mouth Sonic Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

orig00.deviantart.net/a2ee/f/2017/350/8/7/bakery_by_knockabiller-dbwx1c3.png
youtube.com/watch?v=e3QbA8ChUmw
ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-ash-tray-round-metal-tray-Sega/253320673020?hash=item3afb16b6fc:g:1VkAAOSw04BZzAeN
twitter.com/KenPenders/status/944491799573274625
youtube.com/watch?v=wltTIJiIBiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kayla your prices are too high.

They look best with no mouth.

>“For K'nox so loved the world that he gave his one and only Daughter, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Ken 3:16”
>-Ken Penders, THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES
Have you given a prayer today to Our Lord and Savior, known as the savior of the Sonic series and the true father and creator of Knuckles the Echidna, Ken Penders?

How they gonna talk with no mouth?

I'm not denying that, especially when Cream, Blaze, Big, Marine, and more have multiple fur colors (and arguably Sonic might as well depending on if you think the peach/tan parts are bare skin or still have a thin layer of fuzz on them). I just think that having it only be where a human would have hair is kind of cheap, which is why I liked that they almost cheated a bit with reboot Sally by giving her an auburn streak down her back like the chipmunk she half is.

I'd make him hip

Why does that matter? They look better like this, that's all that should be important.

Then you don’t have to pay them.

Weren't we going to get an update for LoH for Christmas?

Sonic should have always been mute.

Sonic has always been cooler when he doesn't speak for some reason.

Considering everything that has happened this year, do you think the franchise is in a better or worse place than before, and where do you realistically believe the franchise will go from here?

The franchise is in the exact same place it was in 2013, only this time, more people are against Boost.

It's about the same I would guess; maybe better, since hopefully we won't see Classic in a modern game anymore.

I don't get it.
Did the nips went "oh, Sega failed and doesn't make consoles now so we can't support Sonic anymore muh honoru folded over 1000 times"?

Do you expect us to know how gamers in Japan felt about Sonic post-2001? In all likelihood, they probably just moved on to other SEGA franchises after the Dreamcast died. It's all speculation anyways, as it's never really been talked about.

*secret santa'd*

raep time

cute

I honestly think there is some positivity to all this.
Before, if a Sonic game was bad or mediocre that was it. Now even if the main 3D Sonic sucks ass at least we'll get a pretty good 2D sonic game along it.
All courtesy of the gaijins the nip executives hold such contempt for. It's perfect.

>Mania was fantastic
>New games from Whitehead and crew
>General backlash against classic in 3D and linear boosting will force ST to buck their ideas up
>Forces mostly disappointing but nice to see several concepts come back like multiple playable characters and vocal themes
>Comic no longer under Archie's incompetence
>Potential to thrive under IDW and Ian
>More merchandise happening
>Boom is dead and went out with a great TV series

It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than it has been.

Is Sonic Forces Failing a good thing?

Sonic Team might listen to the criticism and fix all the problems in the next game.

God I wish that were me

Both

>Sonic Team might listen to the criticism
Haha.

It's more likely that they'll just scrap the whole thing. The criticism is good, especially against 3D Classic and hallway boostshit, but don't expect Sonic Team to take the right lessons from it.

lil' Sage so cute all the time

Yeah true. Sonic Team never listens.

Absolute schrodinger state, Mania should have gave Sega a hint about what people want but the buttblasted Sonic Team is likely to fuck it all up by twisting things to fit their own narrative and ultimately come up with more garbage while cockblocking the Mania Team for the sake of their own egoes.

Legit the only good thing about this DLC is the transformation

>Mania should have gave Sega a hint about what people want

Rehashes?

These koreans will be the death of me.

>Boom is dead
We don't know that. The show does great internationally, and it hasn't been confirmed cancelled, yet.

if poor Blazes cooking doesn't end you first

That's how I want to go

The Emeralds look pretty nice.

orig00.deviantart.net/a2ee/f/2017/350/8/7/bakery_by_knockabiller-dbwx1c3.png

Best thing about them is they act as light sources too, bouncing colours off the surrounding area.

At least I got some pretty gems out of Forces then, and ST's engine work was shown off nicely.

>lighting is pretty

all thanks to that handy Hedgehog Engine 2™ that they spent 95% of the dev time fucking about with.

>Babylon Rogues stealing 40 cakes
Perfect image

Well it could only mean they can focus exclusively on the gameplay now that they've fixed their fancy lighting engine, right?
Of course not

Gah, fuck, when I started going here i always disliked Sonic having parents in the comics but after listening too much to anons and looking at art I have come around to really liking Bernadette.

The fact she's a military operator mom makes it, I think.

we can but hope, amigo.

huggu

Merry Christmas /sthg/!

How did this meme sprout?

...why are they all missing one boot?

Let's make today a good day!

youtube.com/watch?v=e3QbA8ChUmw

?????

Do japanese people celebrate xmas?

No

Of course.

And it's Christmas, you godless heathen.

Yeah

Of course.

Ooh don't be like that, user. There's no harm in trying to do your best when things around you are discouraging. Just smile!

Yes

Sure. There's some out there that celebrate Xmas and there's some that celebrate Christmas as well.

Likely stupid shit like "they want hydrocity bubbles".

It's worth a go.

All I want this year is a digital lynx.
and a sloth.

I just want to become Nicole for christmas.

I'm not a positive person myself but sometimes you just need a motivator, user.

ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-ash-tray-round-metal-tray-Sega/253320673020?hash=item3afb16b6fc:g:1VkAAOSw04BZzAeN
>Sonic
>Promoting smoking

>ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-ash-tray-round-metal-tray-Sega/253320673020?hash=item3afb16b6fc:g:1VkAAOSw04BZzAeN

>Greg Martin American Sonic art
>colored in Japanese Sonic colors
>on a product made in Japan

What the fuck

I want a plot where Sonic goes on a adventure with Amy. Maybe they could learn more about eachother?

Same. Doesn't have to be shipping stuff, but we don't see those two team up often. Would be kinda interesting to see how Sonic & Amy teaming together at least once.

Yeah, Sonic got his attitute and fighting, rebel spirit mainly from her. Sad thing she's gone with everyone else. At least we have fan artists

Anyone but Tails at this point.

When did people start hating Tails?

Shame she had to be created by Penders

Reminder that Penders based her personality and name after his own wife, Bernadette.

And now that he owns her he killed her off before the story even started

>This was the original pg 1 rough layout to THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES before I decided to open with something else. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts on restoring this opening sequence.
Thoughts on the evolution of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES under the hand of Our Lord and Savior, Ken Penders, the true creator and father of Knuckles the Echidna and the savior of the Sonic series?
twitter.com/KenPenders/status/944491799573274625

After his atrocious writing in Lost World and his character regression in Forces.

Tails is my second favorite character

after lost world where tails was a little grumpy shit and now forces where he's a whimpering baby.

>Daddy's gone
youtube.com/watch?v=wltTIJiIBiw

Why is she not wearing any pants

>"I'll never see him again. He won't be there to make me smile, or give me a hug when I need one the most. Worse of all -"
>"He'll never take my virginity, which I was really looking forward to giving him just before all this happened."

He's a spiteful, hateful, rotund man.

Oh awful. He is trying, WAY to hard to make her sexy.

>Implying
Try harder with your bait next time Bollers

>three panels have the same art copy and pasted
I'm going to go draw. I'm lazy but I'll be damned if I become like penders

>photo ref bg too
It's okay if its just for a draft or storyboard, but we'd need to see the finished page to check if he was competent enough to at least change the flow of her hair each panel

When was this shit announced for the first time?

2012 or 2011.

it'll never be finished because Penders is lazy

Whatever you say Ian Flynn

>voicee track
>for a webcomic

wat

The Lara-su Chronicles

Release date - May 2019(ish)
Price - ridiculous

>Webcomic
>Not knowing of Penders' grand plan
Mobile app with music and voice acting user

>2 Likes

So wait
Lara-Su is only possible because knuckles is her father
So
Who's her father in the disjointed universe

>2 likes

>6 likes

Really setting the internet on fire there.