/scg/ Star Citizen General #244

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.26.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z4Qt8gYAfkc
imgur.com/a/k471g
imgur.com/a/zakFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Derek Smart is going crazy on twitter right now. The effort he puts into his hate is amazing, such pure rage, envy, jealousy. This man will do something drastic over the course of SC and my money's on him killing himself after realizing he's become everybody's fool.

maybe they hired him so he can do some rants, ever thought about that?

youtu.be/Z4Qt8gYAfkc
Reminder that this is what we used to have 3 years ago

It'd be hilarious if, on the day of Star Citizen's launch, Chris Roberts had a party or something and gets up on stage, says some thank yous, and then the lights dim and he says, "and now I'd just like to introduce a very special guest, and a good friend of mine..." and out comes Derek Smart, smiling and laughing as he and Roberts hug each other, and it turns out his twitter--in fact, his entire life since 2013 or so--had been subtle reverse viral marketing for Star Citizen.

i thought this for a while, especially since the man literally doesnt have a job or source of income and hasnt sold a videogame for years

but then you gotta realize that he's watching a 500 man studio with $180mil living his dream on a daily basis since 2012 without including him. man loses his mind real fast watching other people succeed effortlessly where you struggled and failed misderably, day in day out every day pushed in his face. poor thing probably stays awake every night reliving his failures for hours before drifting off to dream land, where he's a successful CEO of a groundbreaking space sim that casually makes $7m overnight selling 2 images of a ship. wakes up the next morning only to face the reality that is his failed career. every night and every morning for years, cucked out of your dream and forced to watch

I'm sure. Thats why they had to get a restraining order filed against him for doxing and stalking sandi and kids.

reposting this for any anons who didn't see it before

Is he going to cover CIG's defense too?

splitter op works fast, i like

I actually think it's less crazy than normal. He gives props where props are due, and while his criticism is too harsh at certain points, can be seen echoed in even the most vocally supportive parts of the Star Citizen community.

>90 days tops
>i will put chris in jail
>criticism
He's only spewing bullshit.

Right. I kind of glossed over that part. I think I'm becoming too used to his shitposting. My eyes glazed over and I didn't really pay attention to the end.

Chris Roberts and the lead writer doing commentary on the SQ42 vertical slice.

Why would you think he would?
Why would you ask me? I have no way of knowing.

and Sean Tracey.

Did you notice that there are actual stairs instead of ramps in this build ?

I've heard 3.0 is hitting LIVE today?

this is a cult and derek smart is the devil, everything he says is [negative adjective]

>vertical slice
AHAHAHAHAH.AHAHAHAHA.HAHAHAH.AHAHA.HAHAHAHAHAHAH.AHAHAHAHA.HAHAHA.HA

VERTICAL SLICES ARE SOMETHING YOU MAKE SUPER EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT TO SET A TARGET FOR THE REST OF THE PRODUCTION

NOT EVEN 10% DONE
6 YEARS
FUCKING SCAM

Yes.3.0 live and new website are scheduled for today.

meanwhile in reality you dumb fucking cultist

Awww he's mad because his Chinese noodle delivery LARP isn't in the OP anymore.

>vertical slice
star citizen: reimagining the english language since 2011

projecting

Is there a reason I can log onto the website but cant login to the launcher?

I'm using the same login and password as the website but it keeps saying wrong credentials

PTU needs a special password. You should have gotten it via email.

Thank you. I'm going to go sit in the rain for a second as punishment for not reading the fucking message it gave me when I copied my account over.

Don't.
The instructions specifically tell you to use your normal pw and not the special ptu one. They are wrong and have been wrong for weeks but they apparently don't feel the need to fix it.

>we don't have the mop tech working fully yet
>tracey chuckles
>chris isn't joking around
>says he's supposed to clean up puddles procedurally
>mfw

going live is a mistake with ships spawning bugged or not at all in AC

Maybe the new build fixed it

the alternative is to not have anything to show for another year
they know they have to deliver something now or even the whales will start to question what is going on

Looks like the autist woke up. Let's see how long before he goes off on a 30 page dissertation why going live means CIG is out of money.

paranoia is treatable

everyone can play 3.0 now,going live just means losing access to all the ships and aUEC

Derek is just another aspect of Florida Man. Most people haven't realized this yet. Also his antics are just getting started and will end with him being arrested somewhere, naked.

He's irrelevant to the discussion.Please don't shit this thread with his garbage opinions.

back to plobbit

>Website down
>Barely get 10fps after the new update

Jesus fucking christ what a fucking dumpsterfire this game and developer is

HOTAS users what do you think of flying in 3.0?

Feels good, but I suck at it big time

imgur.com/a/k471g
imgur.com/a/zakFA

Constellation when?
Literally any space-friendly HOTAS that isn't Saitek-tier quality when?

They've done a great job on the Idris except for 2 things.

The shower room is such an insane waste of space, it blows my mind someone looked at it and said "Yup, that's fine!". You don't need so much empty floor in a shower. Could've easily thrown in a storage room for various supplies, where are all the vital supplies, clothing and spare tools, replacement tools etc suppose to be stored? The cargo bay?

Some corridors and furniture just randomly have padding on them, one would assume the reason for padding inside a spaceship would be if the gravity goes off and you start floating around or if the gravity makes hits to the exterior throw you around inside. If that's the case why be so incredibly inconsintent with the padding, either place it in ALL the places where it makes sense, or don't place it anywhere at all. Looks stupid the way it is now.

The Virpil spacesim stick, you doofus.

"Space friendy"?

Twist axis not slapped on as an afterthought, ministicks, symmetrical for the possibility of dual-stick setup, the works.

>twist axis
sasuga

Just watched the SQ42 demo, they really need to add scrolling to the button interactions like in the Arma games. The slow fiddly movements with the mouse to select the right option looks fucking retarded.

Just hover over the button and scroll up or down to select alternatives instead.

problem with it right now is the input lag and the camera following, so you have a hard time predicting where to move the mouse for an interaction.

the arma scrolling thing doesn't work for picking up items

Even without input lag it'd still be annoying, right now you have to hover over a button, wait for the options to pop up and then inch your mouse up or down to another option. If you could scroll you'd just have to move your mouse once to the button. The less fiddly movements the better.

How are you supposed to ID the bodies?

it does though, you stand near an item that can be picked up, scroll to it in the list and click.

Having a list that can range to tens of items will be visually unappealing and immersion breaking.

guys I was pretty worried about 3.0, but I gotta say, this new arena commander is fucking SICK

>tfw no LTI Avenger in buyback

nice cutscene crobs, now the game

website down again
such a tease

Is it a game yet.

Early access tier game.

I dunno if this is supposed to be the Elite: Dangerous thread and OP is just a fag, but I don't see an /edg/ thread so I'm posting here.

Elite Dangerous is one of the games on the steam winter sale: is it worth it at $7 for basic pack, ~$20 for the commander whatever edition? I don't have a flight stick, so I'd be using a controller, but I do most of my in-game flying with a controller in other games anyway.

$7 yes. controller support is really good since they ported it to console.

>20 minutes of not-cutscene for 5 minutes of gameplay

this is worse than half-life 2

It could be. If what they had now played right without the frame spikes, it would be pretty fun. I want to load my Cutlass up with bikes and go do shit, but I'm not going to the trouble when it's still this much of a crap shoot and most likely all that work is for shit and I'll just spawn at PO anyway when I log in the next time.

>build goes live
>insurance costs
>use your only ship
>disconnected
>reconnect
>have to claim on your ship for uec
>wait 30 minutes or pay extra uec
>out of uec? that can be resolved for a small fee of course

classic free to play wait timer bullshit

I can see at least 10 ring fragments in this frame alone (with dozens more outside the view), how many fucking rings that station had, or is this some sort of space station graveyard?

Forgot screenshot.

Go watch the devs commentary

Woah, I had no idea the shuttle had a twist stick.

I like that other hand controller too. I'm working on a sim cockpit kind of thing at the moment and I've been trying to figure out how to do an "auxiliary stick" for strafe movements, might have to hack up a cheap joystick and turn it into something like that.

I have a few ships but was only going to play my Aurora LN live and "earn" my other ships before I would use them. Unless they allow REC rentals in the PU, I'm not sure that's going to work although I agree with your probable outcome.

AUEC with ship buying may come in 3.1.

Buying is one thing, they could enable the rentals much quicker and give people a reason to play AC and SM still.
I think rentals in the PU would be a good test of what ship buying would be like.
For now, they just need to keep working on that framerate.

If memory serves Odin system is basically a military scrap and waste dumping yard.

buying the base + horizons is cheaper than commander and all commander gives you is shitty liverys.
Its probably worth it financially but you can probably spot a bunch of issues that will harm the game long term pretty quickly. If you just want something that you can ~Switch off and enjoy~ though it'll be pretty good for that.

Depends on if they release Arcorp and Astro Armada dealership.

You see fragments of rings.

somehow looks better than what we have now. (only dog fight )

There was nothing wrong with the old menus and the new ones have not improved on the originals at all, they are just harder to read.

did they nerf damage to shit or what? I'm getting good hits for 10+ seconds in arena commander and they barely seem to take damage. it's extremely tedious to stay on target for that long while they're trying to ram you and not seeing results.

You're probably thinking of Cathcart. Odin is a system where the star went supernova or something like that.

Was getting caught part of his plan?

It's hard to say. Energy weapons took for fucking ever for me and I just quit. GT-870 and Sawbucks worked way better, but ran out of ammo so quick it's hard to say if you could finish a pirate sweep with them, unless you were super accurate and made each shot count.
Since they didn't unlock the store, there was only the weapons available on the test ships, and nothing really stood out so far. My favorites from 2.6 were the neutron cannons, but I don't have those until it goes live and I can use REC.

It really wasn't. Controls were really bad, the slightest adjustment could send you turning a full 180

LIVE release when? Im tempted with PTU but I don't want to download and then redo the same after 30 minutes.

It's 9 am in CIG studio maybe they'll release it by noon

uuuu

completed a sweep with a superhornet,anything above an aurora needs to be hit by a missile

Vanduul swarm in my Aurora LX is a STRUGGLE. I put an Omnisky III on both of my hardpoints but it still takes forever for the ship to turn. Are there better loadouts for the Aurora?

someone stop me from buying this! i need help

>implying that the PTU version isn't the live version

Look at the fucking launcher. It has LIVE and Not Available as your options. This is how they're transitioning launchers.

I can give you a whole bunch of reasons that would make you not want to buy it. It's up to you if you want to hear them or just throw your money and try the game.

Buy it for an hour and a half. I bought it day 1, realized I wouldn't be killing other players and stealing their shit, or landing on planets and shooting people, and that the ships controlled like shit and I refunded it.

I probably heard them already, but still I just want a comfy space game, and for 8 bucks it sounds like a good deal

It's shit and they're planning on making RNGineers even more of a grind.

It's perfectly fine at that price and they won't have any subscription fees after.
Just be prepared to be underwhelmed with what they consider fun.
My opinion on Horizons is mixed but if you want to do planetside landings and Engineers you need to buy it.

And they keep finding ways to make the gladius' cockpit even worse