/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Just handle me edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳PS4 beta is LIVE until Dec 26 12:00 PM EST, does not require PS+
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UlJVnhA1BtU
youtu.be/ZJxJL1mezwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rathalos is gay

Do you get any notification about the beta face paint? I've done all quests but only ever got a message about the regular items.

>American Handler

>Sub 10 min Rathalos and 5min Anja
CB is so fucking broken i love it

Why are people not idort?
Are they fucking poor?

now do it naked!

Same

They are literally children, so yes

mommy won't buy them a ps4

Not an excuse, back in my day we'd have this payload delivered already.

Where are Kulu and Pukei?

basically being an absolute cunt console fanboy nets you more (You)'s too
really makes you think about things

Look at her expression. This is why most JAV fucking sucks

In the fridge

I know. Japanese are real people and no one actually does ahegao faces in real life and it just fucking sucks. Better stick to superior 2D for the rest of my life. Real women are pig disgusting.

Kulu is near the swamp, he leaves feathers everywhere anyway so it's not hard to find. Pukei has a chance to spawn outside camp 11

>MFW landing a perfect Snipershot

that must have done 350 damage by itself.

It's got to be squealing rape every fucking time, it's like they think women can't enjoy the D.

thats literally part of it
im pretty sure theyre supposed to act like they dont like it because it makes them more "pure"

Thanks to the lads that told me where Pukei spawns last thread. Now I have solo'd all of the beta monsters
What the fuck am I going to be doing for a month

They will if we push ahegao

tomorrow is Caturday

Good hunts y'all.

Source please, my fellow hunter

Only for amerlards
Where I live Caturday is gonna be over in 2 hours. I don't for Caturday to end

Nice hunt lads, i really need some sleep now

I don't want to be branded a shitter but DB is just too much fun to use holy shit

Good hunt lads
Stop tripping me DB reeee

what decade is it? am I on SA?

lmao sorry for the inconvenience, i play BD much too aggressive sometimes

I'm not a fan of the LS. Think I'll keep to Switch Axe and HBG.

Hopefully the wyvernblasts did something.

rooms where

Cute chin.

A general warning from someone who has mained gunlance in every monster hunter game sin FU to everyone falling in love with gunlance in World.

Gunlance is insanely strong in early parts of every Monster Hunter game. It falls behind quickly after high rank and even more so in G rank if such a thing ever happens for World. Don't only use a gunlance, learn other weapons just in case. For over 10 years Capcom has fucked up scaling of certain weapons into higher ranks and gunlance is one of those weapons that scales poorly. The gunlance in the beta has a shelling level of 3 and the max shelling level is 5. This means these gunlances are not entry level at all unless World introduces shelling beyond level 5, but I doubt it will. Armor skills and foods that increase shelling damage are amazing for high rank, but start to not matter in G rank and beyond where critical damage, adrenaline, heroics, critical up etc. scale even more with white / purple sharpness. Learn another weapon to go with your gunlancefu is all I'm saying so you don't get hit hard with the inability to get decent killing times once the real game is out and you reach higher ranks.

I feel that LS got weaker in MHW, now you have to spam Helm splitter to actually deal some good damages

>The gunlance in the beta has a shelling level of 3 and the max shelling level is 5
This, i feel that the awesome GL they give us in the beta is a fucking lie.
The final game still going to kick us GL in the face like always.

4dYXvNyHWycC
Alternating forest and wastes, goin for dem sweet sweeps

>that image

Shelling at least scales with sharpness now, so we'll see if they finally figured out how to unfuck late game GL

God i hope they nerf CB in the final game.
Using CB in this state feel like cheating, i don't want my favorite weapon to feel cheap.

1 more

It'd be interesting if CB gets fucked by the same thing that GL gets fucked by and ends up only being a strong early game weapon.

Anyone else having this problem? The game is so gorgeous that I have a hard time following what's going on. The parts light up on the monster when I hit them and it's very distracting. Fighting in the swamp was crazy cause I couldn't make heads or tails of anything.

Why the FUCK is shelling still fixed?

I felt that was the case, but the real problem is how close the camera is to your hunter. If the camera zoomed out when fighting gigantic monsters like Anjanath or Diablos then you'd be able to see their attacks clearly, but because of how close it is and because the enemies in this game aren't shaped like humanoids, it can be hard to see certain telegraphs clearly enough to react properly. You learn them eventually, but it just takes fucking with the camera more during combat, which isn't good. It would also help if they could have made the lock-on better but I guess that's asking too much.

>parts light up?
What? I thought that was just weapon collision effects.

This is bait.

jesus christ that picture made me instantly depressed

Nope, if you hit specific parts they glow showing it's a part that can be broken.

Goodnight /mhg/, I had fun hunting with you

Reminding all anons to change the RGB settings on their PS4 to make MHW look a million times better, as well as any other game on the PS4.

Goodnight bitch

Never noticed. Probably because I've played the franchise long enough it ends up really easy to tell from a glance what is breakable.

The point is that it's not ideal. You git gud and suddenly it's like the camera is on your side, it could just be better.

youtube.com/watch?v=UlJVnhA1BtU

People will defend this.

What does it do? I leave it at automatic

Broken shit is fun.

It's all coop and PvE, so who gives a shit? CB could insta delete every monster in less than a minute and it would be fine, because it's PvE. PvE games without busted shit you can abuse aren't much fun.

Automatic is actually "Limited" because Sony are idiots. Setting it to Full makes a noticeable improvement.

Given what's been posted in this thread, no they don't. They just ignore it.

>when GL grandpa eats his veggies for Felyne Bombardier and gets flashbacks.jpg

Not best girl Ako but still hot.

Other than impact phials, I honestly have to wonder how elemental phials will do especially if SAED spam is the way to go.

At least that unsheathe GP that was shown off in that video a few days ago is actually incredibly tight.

Anyone else feel like TAutists will ban Rocksteady Mantle? Just watch. Screencap this.

it's the new adrenaline for sure

7ryKxhPsj3b8
diablos my friends

its good that shelling is fixed damage. it just needs to scale with raw as well. then GL would be perfect.
CB does the exact same thing and yet they havent done it to GL yet. it makes no sense. impact phial is fixed damage that scales with raw. w

>banning something that makes the game worse by existing isn't justified

i fucked the code up
7ryKxhPsJ3b8
7ryKxhPsJ3b8
7ryKxhPsJ3b8
7ryKxhPsJ3b8

My TV is kinda shit but I'll give this a try.

No I mean to say that TAutists are autists. We shouldn't care at all. Speedrunning is pointless.

>CB does the exact same thing and yet they havent done it to GL yet. it makes no sense. impact phial is fixed damage that scales with raw. w
They actually went and made the bowguns' explosive shots scale with raw as well. So GL is the only one left that doesn't scale.

I can't see any improvement, what the hell

Butthurt that they're good at the game and you aren't?

We need 1(one)(uno) more

I come up with times that only deviate by a minute or two from world records, so no, not really. A fair bit of luck is involved in Monster Hunter. That's what makes it fun.

So I just tested some stuff and found out that consuming an Attack Up consumable and then consuming a lower tier one will put you down to the lower tier.
For instance, i used a Might Pill and was at 206 attack, and after using a Might Seed I was put down to 185 attack.

then why are you so smug cat about it

>A fair bit of luck is involved in Monster Hunter. That's what makes it fun.
RNG bullshit is the opposite of fun.

What's the funnest weapon and why is it LBG?

It's what Monster Hunter has. It would be boring if all hunts were identical.

Seems complicated, I'd rather just blow stuff up with GL

>Play on a shitty TV
>Blur as shit graphic
>connect ps4 to my wacom
>it's look way fucking better
Godamnit, I'm going to have to buy a new TV am i.
Any recommend?

How are you supposed to consistently improve at something when everything's random?
Besides, the argument was about items like the Rocksteady Mantle that detract from MH's gameplay.

>CB does the exact same thing and yet they havent done it to GL yet.
They're more concerned with community memes than weapon balance.

This. Balance doesn't matter in MH, but community spirit does. A bland, sterile, balanced game fosters no discussion, no banter, and no memes.

Everything isn't random, the game is full of repeated variables which are usually in a random order.

>people are actually mad at mantles
>when they have a limited duration of use both in hits and time limit
Jesus just do every hunt naked if this tickles your autism so much.

The game is meant to be fun, not a race or being consistent. This is why I dislike you TAutists. You can't see how anyone could have fun without playing your specific way.

Please give source, my dick is lonely

>both in hits
Nope. Rocksteady mantle lasts the full 90 seconds no matter how many hits you eat.

But with the new counter move, spamming it is possible:
youtu.be/ZJxJL1mezwg

Now you're just a lying sack of shit.

Woah!

Literally get on the beta and test it. Taking hits with the mantle up does nothing to the duration.

fug off bls die

I would if I could user.