/twg/ - Total War General

mods are okay edition

>Warhammer
Tomb Kings revealed
youtube.com/watch?v=IpWqKme-g_4
store.steampowered.com/app/617870
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-announcement (New)
tl;dr Tomb Kings on the 23rd of January, 4 LL's
Laboratory Mode
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/reprisal-update-final-patch-notes
tl;dr: Laboratory and Reprisal updates now live, more balances & updates in January alongside campaign DLC and FLC

>History
youtube.com/watch?v=PhFP75EGPsI
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
youtube.com/watch?v=-Fu0UPnk4kc
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-campaign-map-reveal
tl;dr New Britain map is fuck huge so you can never escape the rain

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7ljwq5/lets_get_ahead_of_todays_modding_revalation_can/
youtu.be/o9-x2mFRIxM
twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/944324258141892608
youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240213650
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Witch elves are cute!

>pic
Can't he look at the stats? The fuck? How can someone be so braindead?

3rd for Civ used to be a deep game

Civ 2 was
Ever since then they've been "streamlining" it.

>caring about literally who's who can't even use reply chains properly so are talking about mprdheim for some reason
reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7ljwq5/lets_get_ahead_of_todays_modding_revalation_can/
I know it's reddit but still we should pay attention to this, because it shows the fans CA cares about are fine with locking the mods
but what stops these mods being banned on steam but downloadable via say mega.nz

>but what stops these mods being banned on steam but downloadable via say mega.nz
Nothing. Unless the game launcher starts refusing .pack file that includes assets.

Pat's gonna High Elf it?

Quick, someone with Twatter tell him about the joys of chariot spam.

BEST GIRL WHEN

who is this pat and why does he matter

>tfw pony died

;__;

Right after muh boi

youtu.be/o9-x2mFRIxM
>1 hour 27
tl;dr and time stamps for when he says staff hated him

Eceleb

He doesn't really, but I'd never have expected him to be interested in Total War.

>Not knowing who Pat is

old thread

is he like the guy who /tv/ hated but still spam threads on him
>yay I'm helping the poor
Is Darren unironically autistic that sounds so god damn condescending
Also why are people so pissed off with siege ladders in warhammer, it makes the ai so much more threatening and also more realistic ironically

I hope they include Nagash at some point but not if they're going to use ANYTHING from the fucking End Times.

...ok Khalida using her undead to provide a final shield for the living against the tides of daemons was cool but the rest was dogshit.

read the description

They're already using Arkhan's End Times model, as well as latest models for every unit in the game. I highly doubt they wouldn't use End Times Nagash.
Also his ET model looks radical

>Have you been bullied since leaving?

MY SIDE

twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/944324258141892608
>weird nerd shit
>wangting nagash as anything but the final doom wave
wew
>have you been bullied by white knights
I hate how reddit has appropriated our culture, white knights is a term for people that defend women to seem cool and progressive, but would never get with that girl irl

Will Tripoli stay with Rome or defect once more, this battle shall decide it all

Did Arkhan have a non-End Times model though?

I don't mind them using the models, a lot of them looked very cool (pic related), but the entire fucking storyline just felt rushed as shit and Muh Inevitable Chaos Victory is never something I liked. They just ran around tying up/killing off ever single plotline as fast as they could and most of it was fucking dire. It wasn't even a that the anti-Chaos races had a chance of succeeding and failed, they just never had a hope because Chaos Too STRONK

Malekith suddenly becoming the Lawful Good saviour of Order was a particularly shitty thing to do.

I'm ranting and this has all been said before but I hope we get something more considered and fun from CA if they decide to do an End Of The World storyline for their final game.

Thot begone

>right wing are critical and down vote everything
>centrists are the best
BASED DARREN

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him as the final doom wave, but not with the plot of the End Times attached.

The bannermen mod doesn't infringe anything and will not be removed.

Things that you cannot have in your mods:
>3rd party IPs
>other GW IPs apart from WHFB
>assets from other TW titles

#1 and #2 are due to GWs autism and #3 is just common sense. If you still infringe any of these extremely easy to follow rules you are a fucking moron and deserve to have your shit shut down. Why is there so much drama ove the bannermen now? People have been adding stuff from the TT since 2016 and nothing was ever removed, the only thing this banner mod does different is that it has custom models

>>assets from other TW titles
>The bannermen mod doesn't infringe anything and will not be removed.
uh user.

>Get offered immortality
>REEEEE so hard your blood turns to venom
>Spend the rest of eternity as a shrivelled up husk

why tho

>Interested to know what part of Ireland your heritage is from. I have Irish ancestry (born in England and raised in Wales however) and a lot of my Irish heritage is from Munster
>
RepublicOfPlay
18 hours ago
I grew up near a town on the east coast called Balbriggan. I didnt live there but was more inland, about a 10min drive away from there. I’m adopted though so don’t know where my hertiage is from, only that my parents were Irish also.
>that's cool as f***. Thanks for the response! Irish brethren catch you soon

I need stuff badly

>beauty is skin deep
where do you think those banners come from

Are the banners from vanilla Attila TW or are they just models some modder put in the Attila game and then ported over? If it's the latter it's still okay.

its the former.

>tfw Neferata's hobby is being a BBEG from a D&D campaign

One of the devs hinted at Nagash being a part of the TK vortex campaign on their official forums.

I'pm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

>if you hire a bunch of women to work on total war that don't know anything about total war its bad for total war
How long until grace passive-aggressively responds on twitter

Bitch, you don't even have skin.

What are the downsides to raiding a neutral faction? Does it tank my reliability score?

Then it's probably going to get rightfully removed. Quite dumb to upload it though, asset porting is forbidden by most companies. I doubt GW even gives a shit about it, it's probably just CA protecting their IP

>femdom
no wonder Vlad dumped this bitch and actually got shit done

>all this clapping
I guess Americans really are all irish

Sweet. I did wonder when they said finding the Books of Nagash would result in a huge battle at the Black Pyramid.

Even moar hyped if that's the case. If the asset is in game, it'll make it possible for modders to make him a LL too, which would be cool.

Don't Dark Elves get fucked as soon as they're born or something
Before the first lowly private even gets in there she's already loose

I hope he does make an actual appearance and isn't just a jeering skybox like the horned rat.

The Lhamians have been far more successful than Vlad though, they have covens in every major human city and wield actual power over the Empire's nobility.

Vlad just wanted to skip straight to the top job and got staked for his troubles.

>that faction dislikes you
>people who like that faction dislike you
Thats it really

TW:WH already completely disregards the End Times with Vlad + Isabella being alive without Nagash and Azhag being alive at all. If they want to add End Times models and units like Stormfiends and the Glottkin then that's fine by me.

Their cav guarding the crossbows the whole time did not help, and I'm definetly recruiting some of my own

Yeah, could be either, the Horned Rat has always been more of a hands-off, traditional 'god' whereas Nagash is more of a demi-god.

I hope he's actually corporeal if he appears but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a giant cheerleader.

Norsca when

Cav is the deciding force in Atilla for pretty much all factions. Having lots of infantry is useful for sieges but in open field, having cav superiority will win you the battle more often than having infantry or missile superiority.

Vlad founded his own bloodline from scratch and raised it up to be the strongest one of them all during the height of his power (and Mannfred did it again later). Neferata just dicks around in her castle, content in playing games instead of throwing down the gauntlet. The Lahmian blood is weak anyways and their vampires pathetic compared to the Von Chadsteins

daily reminder that fantasyfags get the gas
Total War is not for fantasy

Saved for future triggering of /pol/lacks on /tv/.

out of all playable warhammer factions which one do you consider to be the most boring gameplay wise?

it was a town battle

Nice. I will raid forever.

Vampires

dwarfs, vc and warriors of chaos have massive holes in their rosters (intentionally) which makes them one-dimensional on the battlefield. Dwarfs are overall the most boring due to how passive they are.

Stop playing Romans.

daily reminder that fantasyfags get the gas
Total War is for historical fights not tabletop mouth breather, 99 cent store Tolkien fanbois

Lizardmen.

>4 enemy xbows
>6to1 enemy cav advantage
you did your best user

Campaign-wise? Empire, Greenskins, Beastmen and WoC due to lack of tuly unique mechanics

In Battles? All factions that eventually lead to you making full monster stacks and rushing the enemy with them. I.e. Norsca, WoC, Beastmen, Lizardmen, Vampires

>the strongest one of them all during the height of his power
>gets curbstomped by the Empire the moment his bullshit immortality ring is stolen by one of his offspring
>entire bloodline is defined for constant backstabbing and squabbling over power that inevitably reveals them to witchhunters
>literally the skaven of undead

Sweetie, no.

Lhamia > Von Cucksteins

FemDom > Cucking

>i have no personality outside video games
>men are biologically superior to women
>quotas are racist
/ourguy/ Darren is most definetly

well usually its more effective economically to be using your army to expand your territory, since there aren't a lot of instances where raiding can get you a significant amount of money

dwarfs are the obvious choice, but I think all of the wh2 races are pretty boring as well since baiting the ai into blobs is the most effective strategy for most of them

AI cannot into protecting it's flanks when attacking, even in towns, you can block the handful of streets with infantry and still cycle charge them.

>implying you don't want that sweet cousin pussy still

I was outnumbered so could not block the streets without dying super easily
my cav started at half health so might have died to their archers in melee as there was 4 of them

I unironically liked The End Times.

Need moar cav

>final battle as Arkhan
>btfo Settra and other tomb keks
>cutscene plays
>Arkhan is wondering around the battlefield before the pyramid
>a familiar voice calls him
>"Once, some damned fool accused you of being the best. He wasn't wrong"
>it's the motherfucking Nagash
>this scene happens with Nagash and Arkhan
youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew

>I got to talk to angryjoe and that was lots of fun
OFFICIALLY NOT /OURGUY/

told you faggots he wasn't a Gael

Someone should tell that man he has a towel taped to his leg. He looks very silly.

only just noticed he said he was adopted
Why hasn't he commited suicide yet

Why does McGregor feel the need to wear those Harold Shipman glasses

Thinks it makes him look smart.

>never played PONTOS
FUCK THIS GAY ASS NIGGA

the alternative for full range of eye motion are those faggy horned rim ones, these are Veeky Forums as well imo

Being adopted isn't bad tho...

>CA protecting their IP
>CA has intellectual property on banners.

t. adopted

like 2 hours max.

>talking about anita sarkeishan in current year
Darren is right he is years behinds on memmes

STOP wait 2 threads before posting this again
depends, Augustus getting adopted was good, a bastard being adopted by peasants is bad

OP you stupid faggot. Where's the link to previous thread?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240213650

banner bearers ! finally

meet

Hey just fuck off

lmaoing@janny rn

literally neogaf.com/twg/