/dng/ Dueling Network General

YGO General #2675
Quality kaiba edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro Links Beta(Windows): mega.nz/#!MjwTgIgZ!UPINQF4pmyg520CnFvybYaBTbuj9ZcZFqzdPx1KTpXI
>YGOPro Links Beta(Mac): mega.nz/#!cmI22RBQ!VmHBOn1Vkg-E6cdEOsoxkW9aflanBTbq1EpS5NI9AVo
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: LINK VRAINS Box (December 23rd)
●OCG: Flames of Destruction (January 13th)
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)
●OCG: Cybernetic Horizon (April 14th)

●TCG: Wave of Light Structure Deck (January 19th)
●TCG: Extreme Force (February 2nd)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)

No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format
Go to /dlg/ for Duel Links discussion

For the new thread.

>Use effect to Xyz Summon pieces with 1 monster
>Can be seen as the pilots entering the mechs
>Can't attack when no Xyz Materials
>Can be seen as having no pilot to control them
This is how it is implied thematically.

Summoning the big mech would thematically work better as Fusion in a sense that the 3 piece mechs are coming together to form 1 big mech, but with how the effects written on the big mech work, it makes more sense to have it as an Xyz.

You could have his effect work as a Fusion monster by changing it so he gains the effects based on what "Super Quant(al)" monsters with different names are in the GY.
Would make him better, tbphwymmm.

wrong general?

Do you still hate pendulums, /dng/?

4th for overpowered Ritual MILF

>The real thing that doesn't make sense is deciding that the final boss of an archetype should be a completely different type than the rest of the theme
There are a ton of archetypes in this game where the bosses are different than everything else. It literally does not matter, tone down the autism dude.

I think we need to reboot the franchise.

shut the fuck up or I'll shove my (re)boot up your ass

>(re)boot
that's getting one too

Rata here.

If we destroy it all, we can learn from the mistakes of the past.

I like the aesthetic of Madolche but I've never built or played them. Can anyone give me some pointers? Also, Is brilliant fusion as mandatory for this deck as I've been led to believe?

1: Don't
2: kinda

Fuck RIGHT off

Prove it.

hi rata

The only three things that pissed me off from pendulum decks were qlis being more traps than monsters, the r4nk toolbox becoming degenerate to the point Ptolemaeus was made, which pendulum decks could make with ease and Kirin's entire everything. A hexproof compulsory that could fit in any pendulum deck whose scales were above 6 could drop Kirin at ANY time, but wait, Majespecter's scales only go from 2 to 5 so Kirin can't be pend summoned in its own deck without outside support such as Metalfoes or splashing Eccentrick Archfiend, Kirin was bad card design not because it was overpowered, but because you it belongs to an archetype that can't summon it unless you dare to tribute summon kirin.

Mechanically the game is fine, all the mechanics bring something to the table and are played differently, the problem is card design and how people find ways to abuse their effects, and keeping an eye over 7000 effects is not an easy task, I'm sure Grinder meme wasn't supposed to be used that way, people always find ways to break the game, so Konami needs to make cards that can stop or compete with that, players proceed to break the game again and repeat, this is where the power creep comes from, it happened once, it can happen again

If you like drawing Garnet and/or Darling Cobra, sure

I last played during the second yami bakura event and last box I saw was chaotic compliance. I have a fuckton of gems in my box that expire on the 25th, none of the cards seemed super amazing from skimming except tribute to the doomed. What box should I pull from?

Also does cerberus/unhappy girl work for bonz?

>I'm sure Grinder meme wasn't supposed to be used that way
>make three cards that can bounce your own cards
>not forseeing degeneracy

dlg's down a block

the GX era had a lot of trash, it's easy to forget cards from that time

pendulum was a shitty mechanic but now are fine
master rule 4 fixed it

>Konami forseeing anything
Keep tributing that rat.

>Make the most complete official Yu-Gi-Oh! game ever with online and a faithful story mode.
>Decide to drop complete support for it in just a month and focus on the shitty mobile game instead.
Literally, why is this allowed? We finally had a proper Yu-Gi-Oh! game with all 5 series, online mode and a decent card pool and this happen. Now we'll probably never get another one because of Duel Links.

told ya already, Konami's lazy

Because a sixth series came next

Pendulums are really getting on my nerve after that Pendulum halt and Heavymetalfoe Electrum bullshit, they keep giving them absurdly broken cards, it's ridiculous.

I refuse to buy single cards outright, so I only have 2 ash blossoms I pulled from packs. Is it okay to replace one with snow ogre? I also have 2 of those as well so I'm not sure if I should run all 4.

Because simulators exist and provide a much better and freer experience.

Duel Links is not a simulator. It has progression and offers a different experience.

of course you should run all 4

>Duel Links is not a simulator. It has progression and offers a different experience.
Same as LTD

No it's not
Duel Links uses the innovative speed duel rules.

Didn't VRains "introduce" the Speed Duel format even though Duel Links came out half a year before it?

The speed duel format was first introduced by some arcade game I think.

Are monarchs playable in these days or did they just get swept away by all the current bullshit

>Duel Terminal
>just some arcade game

Duel Terminal

Yes an Arcade Game

Yeah it's just some arcade game with a bunch of shitty archtypes that Nekroz wore.

they just changed the list for you and even gave a new revive equip

Monarchs are full power in the OCG, they're only missing 1 Pantheism.

update to the og tipper you fucking faggot

oops sorry, thanks user

> a bunch of shitty archtypes
>mostly ice barrier and gishki

I tip the fedora however I want fag.

Time for us brainlets to discuss ABC and why Destrudo is a shit -4k LP card that only helmet shitters play.
Real men make their own combos.

>Fabled
>Ally of Justice
>Mist Valley

>just one ofs

>2 Fabled
>2 Ally of Justice

First for Jay Owen sending his regards to SJWeystorm and Iron Cluck

Confirmed to have never used one.
>Shapesnatch
You seem to gave gotten lost on the way to Reddit.

reminder to sleeve your sleeves no matter what (((tewart and julia))) tell you

>not encasing your sleeves in three layers of bulletproof glass
>your 60 lightsworn deck is the size of a hotel
>worth it cause "muh protection"

>false equivalence fallacy

Why the fuck are you even using sleeves? Nobody in the anime used them and it was fine.

yes they did, that's why the card backs are different than IRL

TCG January 1st banlist
>Banned
Maxx C
Wind-up Hunter
Magical Explosion
>Limited
Spyral Resort
Trickstar Reincarnation
Time Pendulumgraph
Firewall Dragon
Grinder Golem
El Shaddoll Construct
>Semi Limited
Miscallaneousaurus
Pantheism
Dark Destroyer
Nekroz of Brionac
>Unlimited
Aether
Rekindling
Book of Moon
Wind up party boat
Saqlifice
Stormforth
Future Fusion
Inzektor Dragonfly
Inzektor Hornet
Compuls
Torrential
Macro Cosmos
Dimensional Fissure
Skill drain
Wall of revealing light
Ring of destruction
Imperial Order
Soul Drain
Infernity Barrier
Grandsoil (Errata)
Shurit strategist of the nekroz

I'm sure you can cut a cup of instant noodles with a card too, user

no they don't

Lol here's a reply mate. Cheers

>All those unlimits
>Most of them are limited, several are banned
Yeah no this will NEVER happen. You could at least try to make it believable.

>Wall of revealing light

nice argument

Thanks for the (You) sucker, you filled my belly
I was just joking with the unlimits actually, I'm only serious about what's above it.
Right? Why is this shit even limited?

>Banning magical explosion when Life equalizer was the problem
>Doesn't bring back Chicken Game and Upstart despite hitting the reason these got hit in the first place
>Banning Maxx C without hitting ash blossom at least to 2
>Time pendulumgraph (when its a 1-of) instead of putting PendCall back at 1 and limiting DUEA too, or maybe Wisdom-eye back at 1.
>Unironically giving Kozmo more than one Dark Destroyer
>Unlimiting all those floodgates without bringing back Harpie's Feather Duster
>Infernity Barrier
And there's no Grand Mole to 3 because even fanmade banlits forgot Grand Mole existed

>Right? Why is this shit even limited?
Life equalizer memes

>Banning magical explosion when Life equalizer was the problem
>Generic burn card
>Not a problem
Pick 1.
>Doesn't bring back Chicken Game and Upstart despite hitting the reason these got hit in the first place
TCG doesn't like draw cards, I'm sticking to the TCG mentality.
>Time pendulumgraph (when its a 1-of) instead of putting PendCall back at 1 and limiting DUEA too, or maybe Wisdom-eye back at 1.
Just a slap on the wrist, they're getting Electrum in the next set. They actually run 2 of it.
>Unironically giving Kozmo more than one Dark Destroyer
Kozmo are not a threat, they have 3 of it in the ocg.
>Unlimiting all those floodgates without bringing back Harpie's Feather Duster
There's enough backrow hate in the game that isn't a complete blowout.
>And there's no Grand Mole to 3 because even fanmade banlits forgot Grand Mole existed
Grand Mole will never go to 3, it has a gamebreaking interaction with Kaijus.
>Banning Maxx C without hitting ash blossom at least to 2
Ash Blossom is a one for one (in most cases), Maxx C is Exodia.

there's definitely something going on if they can jam a gun too

>>Generic burn card
>A problem
lolok

>Grand Mole will never go to 3, it has a gamebreaking interaction with Kaijus.
You must be a Konami representative

That wouldn't make him more or less wrong though

>Generic burn card that requires cycling through a fuckton of spells in a single turn and nothing else being a problem and not Life equalizer being the card that shirnks your hp then you get exploded
Strike 1
>I'm sticking to TCG mentality while also saying the OCG has bank destroyer
Strike 2
>Grandmole will never go to 3, It has a gamebreaking interaction with Kaijus
>But Fairy Tail - Luna, Yosenjus and weatheries are all fine bouncing back are perfectly fine
Strike 3 and you're out.

Not what I meant
Magical explosition is part of FTKs and can reach game ending burn damage by itself and it only requires the 2nd most generic card type.
Ceasefire can only do so much and relies on the opponent for the most part.

>I'm sticking to TCG mentality while also saying the OCG has bank destroyer
Doesn't mean we can't give cards back to archtypes that aren't a threat, the OCG is just proof of the fact.
>Fairy Tail - Luna, Yosenjus and weatheries are all fine bouncing back are perfectly fine
1. Only ideally works on Kaijus, your opponent can send a copy to negate for everything else while grand mole doesn't have such a clause
2. Archtype
3. Archtype

>Skull Servants are now considered too OP

>Doesn't meant we can't give cards back to archetypes that aren't a threat
The TCG never does this until a decade later seeing what happened to Gladiator beasts and by the entire logic of "THE OCG DID IT, THEREFORE THE TCG SHOULD DO IT", we should get back a whole bunch of shit if the correct cards were hit on the banlist, such as hitting Life equalizer so Upstart and Chicken can return to 3 or as you nailed it correctly, putting Hunter to 0 to get Zenmaity back and a whole bunch of other things, but the TCG has a different logic and their logic is that if old decks get their tools back people won't buy new stuff, and don't lie to yourself, Burning Abyss and Kozmo are decks that are still rogute-tier and can steal a top. And the other reason why Kozmo has 3 bank destroyer in the OCG is because that deck did fuck all of nothing over there unlike in the TCG where Kozmo kept getting tops after tops and seeing how Kozmo once got 1st place at an event with Zoodiacs and Dracos all around, they still have the touch.

>Only ideally works on Kaijus
Nigger your entire point with grandmole is that he has a gamebreaking mechanic with Kaijus, we're not including anything else but kaijus. And the idea of your opponent sending a kaiju to the grave is what made Luna splashable in kaiju engines, its a lose/lose situation, you want to negate Luna? you must drop your turtle, you don't negate Luna? she puts the turtle back in the hand and tributes something else. And using "archetype" is not an argument when said archetypes can do what grandmole does but better like Yosenjus, like Luna can bounce kaijus back during the main phase or Weather Painters who can make triple grand mole while grandmole itself is at 1 and needs you to attack something while other shit used to bounce back kaijus don't even use the battle phase.
If you think grandmole is anything but shit, you're a complete shitter

Towers can go back to 3 with no problems.
Here's the timeline for why Towers was banned
>Nov 2014: The New Challengers comes out, Towers is released.
>Qliphorts are still trap card.dek, not consistent enough for Towers Turbo
>Feb 2015: ZEXAL Vol. 6 comes out in NA only, has Diamond Crab King
>April 2015: Ban list hits Scout to 2, Saqlifice, Skill Drain and Vanitys to 1
>Less consistency makes Towers Turbo even less viable
>July 2015: CROS Advanced edition comes out, Wavering Eyes is in it
>Wavering Eyes isn't really mained in Qlis
>August 2015: Clash of Rebellions comes out, Chicken Game is released.
>Chicken Game is the last piece of the puzzle for Towers Turbo.
>Chicken Game, Upstart and Wavering Eyes are at 3, combined with Terraforming, Into the Void, Pseudo Space and Summoner's Art make Towers a consistent option
>Easiest out to Towers at this point is Diamond Crab King
>Nov 2015: Ban list drops, kills Towers, limits Scout
>Feb 2016: Diamond Crab King finally out in all the TCG thanks to Wing Raiders

With no Diamond Crab King, Towers Turbo ran wild in europe where enough complaints eventually got it banned. With Chicken Game banned, Upstart limited, Utopia The Lightning being in nearly every deck and Wavering Eyes having a huge indirect nerf thanks to MR4, Towers absolutely could not be the force he used to be, even if they also brought Scout and Saqlifice back to 3.

Gonna need some context here.

Some guy running Monarchs bitched at me how yugioh was dead because I was running Skull Servants

Did Vendreads ever do anything or did it just turn out to be pack filler

some people are just shitters

Its art looks nice thats all that matters in the end for me

Pack filler, you're better off running Zombie decks without vendreads

wrong

Pack filler, but so were SPYRALs and Subterrors at the time.
They have a huge advantage due to having the word "Zombie" written on them, so all it takes is a single card to break them.

>magnet warriors suck
rude

>Monarchs bitching about fucking Skull Servants

dont fool yourself user, they have no quick effects or rank 4 degeneracy like abc

>rank 4 degeneracy
This is hardly true anymore.

Fuck off

does abc not make rank 4s anymore? i thought that's what made them good

Nah I'm saying R4 isn't degenerate anymore.

Rank 4 barely even counts as degenerate anymore.

Real men moved on to Link Degeneracy with an Xyz Degeneracy back-up.

?

link rules made toolboxing situational rank 4's a bad idea.

That's a single R4nk. It's not the whole ED full of R4nks you used to see.