/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Oedon Edition

Impregnated by an Eldritch Horror: >New players read this finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/ Resource, Builds & Mechanics Guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=811371374

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gem spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (if you want early T3 runes, wheel, chikage, or burial blade)

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit#heading=h.mn0pyekwc5ht
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/28076
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy fuck I'm not even particularly good at bb but I somehow beat Ludwig on my first try

good god during that mid cutscene I got chills. I want to do it again

want some co-op in the dlc?

Nelson, are you ringing?

Me

The doll is basically the nightmare's bicycle, if you catch my drift

yeah I'll ring at the Ludwig lamp

So just created my FRC level 5 dungeon so I can join others. What are some of the best gems to go for first in the guide in the OP

Using a HMS normal version for now.

pass?

Just kill the doll and get a fresh one. The Winter Lanterns are probably just ones hunters got sick of.

I wanted to record my Maria kill but of course the run i kill her was the one where i forgot to record.
Want to help me clear out the fishing village?
BL 65. Password kosm.
If you want to take it slow and easy.

in the hallway outside the lamp, rather. pass bbg

meant for

I demand you to delete this immediately.

Layer 1 report:
>Scouge Beast behind the first door. We're off to a good start.
>Bonus area had a peculiar layout.
>Chynn invaded us: tried to escape, but ended up in a dead end. He managed to kill my cooperators, but got cannon'ed, eventually.
>A vilecuck parried me, but Albatross saved my life.
>First encounter with gondolas.
>Boss was Hot Dog.
One slot open, if anyone wants to join:

Reminder that this STILL exists: docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit#heading=h.mn0pyekwc5ht

Check it out, should it please you...

>no confederates
>thinking convenant invasions will work

Cainhursts and Vilebloods can get along, right?

Let that go man.

help requested with king ludwig. i'm right outside the arena
the password is bbg

Filth, I'm going over here , I need to step away from the dungeons with my death rate.

That ancor sharky is a killer.

>try to unzip
>get stuck on a sneks flailing head
:(

If covenant invasions don't work as intented then tough shit, we'll still have crows invading.

NEVER.

>Co-op with someone in this game
>Nearly get one shotted/flat out one shotted so you need to be careful
>Meanwhile in DS3 you can bum rush shit easliy without much fear

Why couldn't they do that in DS3?

just parry him bro

Only played das3 through like 2-3 times and never cooped.
Care to explain whats different?

Sure, man. Gonna see how I fare alone.

Just beat the game 7 times to get to NG+7 and play the way it was meant to be where defense matters even less and anything that isn't a great sword deals almost no damage to bosses.

Layer 2 report:
>Spooky dark room filled with Scourge Beasts.
>Chynn returns once again, but we can't find him anywhere.
>Turns out he was in the bonus area.
>As you can read his traps turned against him. Thanx cute sneks.
>Another vilecuck slurping in the dark.
>Wisdom in the coffin.
>Boss was Keeper. Used my Rapid Poison Wheel, just for a change.
Onto L3, with one slot open.

>Help a man with Rom and Logarius
>end up getting oneshot when things get good
I feel like such utter shit.

>Dodge straight into Logarius's magic spam
>OHKO

>meth head slices you with his knife
>ohk

jesus fuck why am i so shit today
>literally perfect pluge attack opportunity
>chug a lead elixir instead of blue so i cant make the jump and break my ankles

shit, im ringing again if you want

Well, that didn't go well. He beat my ass twice, I fucking hate that boss. Anyway I'm done for tonight, will be back tomorrow.

Where to now Ozen ?

>Cut dialogue video comes out
>We learn almost nothing at all about anything

Oh well. I had hoped we'd learn SOMETHING, but the cut dialogue is really pointless.

beat a boss and give more brain fluid to the npc

Wow, I didn't think SRRC would work with spelunks.

Sorry, I can't connect anymore

We know how to pronounce Ebrietas I guess. But it was cut anyway, so if there was some nonsense in there, it wouldn't matter.

Half the time it doesn't, don't get used to it.

that was a cool fight ! the cosmos attack was the best thing I've seen in Bloodborne I think

We knew how to pronounce her name based on etymology....

>But it was cut anyway, so if there was some nonsense in there, it wouldn't matter.
There easily could have been stuff that was meaningful. Obviously cut information can't trump information from the main game, but new information that wasn't contradictory? We could've found some new revelations.

As it stands, all we learned is that Laurence didn't want Gherman killing Beasts and that the timeline of the game's events is roughly 100 years, which is what most people agreed on anyways.

>Ywn spelunk with Ozen and Nanachi

want me to join again, or you wanna continue solo?

yeah ! I will ring at Astral Clocktower, I believe it's going to be a boss fight

on my way

I can also join.
You need to activate the fight before you can summon.

, oh it won't let me

okay , ringing now

Still, it's nice to hear it from a voice in the game. Although the exact pronounciation of Oedon still escapes me.

I'm of the opinion you can't cherry pick from cut content. It was cut because it wasn't deemed necessary or in line with the vision of the game. You take what was subtracted back completely or not at all. I think it's all terribly fascinating, but it doesn't exist for us, it was removed, and it's the kind of stuff I wouldn't accept in a lore debate. Laurence's character was drastically changed anyhow. How can we be sure that sentiment wasn't just given to Djura? Seems that way.

Uh-dun.

Gherman says it.

Pass is bbg?

We wait , password is bbg )

yep

>How can we be sure that sentiment wasn't just given to Djura?
Because Laurence's whole deal was trying to wield beasthood as a path to ascension.

Layer 3 report:
>Parried by a Vilecuck, but Albatross somehow kills him before the damage of the visceral comes.
>Swamp area, but no Giants in sight. Excited that we may find a wandering boss and hopes Chynn won't invade us right there.
>Chynn invades us. Got cannon'ed again.
>Nothing interesting in the swamp: just some snakeballs and living shits.
>A Scourge Beast surprised us on our way back to the lamp.
>Tunnel with boulder trap led us to an empty (and I mean empty) room.
>Spiders, Pthus, a Scourge Beast and a Madman Guarding the lever. Strategic retreat to handle the aggro.
>Saw Chynn's ghost desperately hoping to ambush us there.
>Just moments before I enter the boss arena, Richmond gets summoned in.
>Boss was Pthu Grandpa. Didn't learn from his mistake and got killed, while trying to trade hits with us.
>The lack of a Fourth Layer made Alba want to kill himself.
Thanks for the company Albatross and Richmond and, also, thank you Chynn for invading us. Average dungeon with no interesting loot, unfortunately.

I'm on the steps right before Maria, ringing and getting nothing.

already beat her

Thanks for hosting, I had a great time! Also did you read Chynn's note? I saw it but I couldn't open it in time.

Why is Brador such an asshole ?

Well then.
I'm ringing at the Fishing Hamlet now, I can stay for a little.

ringing

I know but he has a thick accent on him, too, and British people sometimes say shit weird.

And he was also horribly wrong and caused the beast plague to consume Yharnam. It took going inside an alien nightmare dimension and wrenching some spookiness from his mouldering, fiery corpse to gain a semblance of control, but what does it even ultimately do? It's beasthood with sentience, not the cosmic ascension he was after like Master 'Muh Eyes' Willem.

I'm like Kunta Kinte against the defiled Watchdog.

Still not getting anything

Often times when the average gamer is shown content from a game they like the thought "This was cut from the game because it sucked, it just fucking sucked." is rarely the first. More often people yearn for what they don't have just because they don't have it. For a lot of the dialogue it explains too much too fast but some of it may have been cut for technical reasons. Gehrman's lines about you "being the next" should he die was probably meant to be said after he kills you in phase 2 or 3 of his fight, but possibly got cut off mid sentence by the loading screen since it is rather long so they axed it. It's also apparent that the third phase of the Moon Presence found as a chalice boss was fairly far along before getting cut, making it likely it was the victim of time constraints rather than any artistic decision, reusing the visual and concept of the fight for Old Hunters.

WHY IS THE OLD HUNTERS DLC JUST PURE CONDENSATED SUFFERING!?
holy fuck. fps the accursed is pain. all the old hunters are tanky as fuck and now the clocktower. HOLY FUCK THE CLOCKTOWER. those deranged patients are pure hell. then theres a fuckin million ledges to fall off and die instantly from.

Sounds like someone needs to get good

I never had any problems with FPS and Ludwig, why do I keep hearing this meme

I know this is bait but you’re fucking retarded if you complain on difficulty because you fall off ledges

People like to meme about fps and Bloodborne because they think it makes them sound smart

I wish we got to see what human Laurence and Ludwig would look like

When I say 'not necessary' I mean technical reasons, I should have clarified. But some of it is also just so blatant and Miyazaki is a good environmental storyteller, I'm sure the game, aside from some obvious time constraints, went through more than a few refinement processes. I'm not even saying the cut stuff is bad, but some of it is terribly clashing with what the game became in the end. That's the kind of stuff that makes me say you can't really cherry pick cut content for stuff because when it comes down to it, we don't know for what specific reasons all that stuff was cut.

I'd love to sit down with those who cry about bloodbornes fps and play some des or das on ps3.

you need to stop talking. fucking fuck
i actually did have fps issues tho. only time i've ever had fps issues in fact and i dont know why. mayhaps it was because i had another hunter helping me.
i only fell off a ledge only once. i ended pushing them off ledges with the beast raw for a good laugh

Time for Lan Lan Lan~

Clean your PS4 fag
Change the thermal paste
It isn't a game issue; it's a hardware issue
Also git gud

user(s) at the Hamlet, I'm giving up. I'm just not connecting for any number of reasons.

ARCnerds get in here, we're going to explore the depths of Isz, as our forebearers did, in search of the great truth Master Willem sought long ago.
Glyph: gkcztgjq
Password: eyes

im reringing if you still want to do more of the hamlet.

we may be doing orphan in a few if you want to stick around

my ps4 is in fact filled with junk but i dont feel like it. maybe later. also, why are the fuckin purple dudes so tanky? are they just there to be obstacles and you arent supposed to fight them?

I probably won't have the time, but thanks.

ringing

Can you change this thermal paste yourself, or do you have to take it to some sort of service? I noticed some fps problems in Chalice Dungeons lately, for example when I'm close to BSB as it changes phases, and I got this PS4 a bit before BB released and I use it a lot, so it might be getting old.

You can do it yourself
I've done it once for mine and a few times for friends
Look up a guide

Ok, Bruce's here with me. Will wait a couple of minutes.

FC?

i'm going to take á break for a bit )

no problem, if you wanna make another crack at orphan later im up for it

Our research was fruitless, nothing was found on Layer 1, moving on to L2. One slot open, see .

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/28076

You need atleast 16 endurance for STR/Arcane right? Meta levels are 98 as well? What should my runes be?

still a spot open?
ringing

Full, now.

From the intricated meanders of this second layers, Yellow Backbones and Pearl Slugs, hidden in ancient chests, were retrieved.
Chynn, if you tried to invade us, the message popped up as a was entering the boss fight. Sorry.

ringing for the next layer

Anyone need a hand?