/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #289

>Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You): youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y
Orientation if you're from Youtube, Twitch, Tumblr etc: pastebin.com/7ZFA1JuM

>It's a slim chance that you'll meet your doki, but hey...
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121

Other urls found in this thread:

projectlibitina.com/
pastebin.com/W83zzqEJ
pastebin.com/N9ssFNGv
pastebin.com/uEvEpM1i
pastebin.com/Se9qGbA2
pastebin.com/bxCaRf2H
pastebin.com/DzYNCUgA
explainallquietonthewesternfront.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/7/2/24722875/all_quiet_on_the_western_front.pdf
edisciplinas.usp.br/pluginfile.php/234330/mod_resource/content/1/Vladimir Nabokov Lolita Penguin Modern Classics 2000 (1).pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=j4jeY0ri7Qo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't really speak for exactly what Natsuki's situation is, but when I was going from about grade 4 to grade 8 most of the time the only meal I ate was school lunch other than on weekends, when I'd have a small lunch
Grew up with a single mom and two siblings until I got to high school, so I didn't eat a whole lot
Even then, my brother (who ate even less than I did) and I both grew up to be over 6 feet tall
Point is, height isn't really determined by how much you do or don't eat, it's mostly a genetics thing

Also, I want to tease Natsuki by carrying her around like a child

Pls give me more (you)'s I had a panic attack and I feel like shit

first for tf2 engineer

Fuck off

>#289
Are you doing this on purpose because you think it's funny? Or are you just really, really incompetent?

Danlet's next game

For all the (well-deserved) hate he gets in this general, MatPat really did summarize the situation quite well, so you could go watch his two DDLC videos for a more thorough explanation.

But basically:

>anons uncover secret files encoded into the girls' character files
>one of them leads to a website
projectlibitina.com/
>this bears some striking resemblances to the plot synopsis Yuri gives for "The Portrait of Markov" in Act 2
>religious allusions
>human experimentation
>mind control and bloodlust
>there are reasons to believe Yuri, at the very least (but more like, all four girls) were from a previous game before they somehow ended up in the cursed DDLC

So if we have a chance of ever seeing a non-cursed, "normal" DDLC2 game, it'll have to be after Project Libitina is released. Because maybe if the player is able to prevent the events of Libitina from happening, then the girls will get to lead normal lives.

daily reminder that sayori loves you

YOU HAD ONE JOB MONIKA

previous

>patrician
Well now, that’s the first time anyone’s used THAT word to describe what a sappy motherfucker I am.
Anyways, how we all doing today? We doing good? Anything nice happen? Tell me about it! And make it fast.

Your Doki but she writes wholesome and sad fics about you on Dokichan

I think that's what he's trying to do. Deny all relation to DDLC, then boom, it actually is.related I believe the success of DDLC was it's ARG gimmick, and I doubt a sequel would have the same effect if he just said "this is a sequel to this other bait and switch game".

May not be getting my point across correctly. I'm sick and it's getting late, so good night.

Here user, have a good day

I love her too

I want other anons to enjoy reading these as much as I did, so I'm gonna plug the pastebin links with some short synopses. Thanks again to the people who shared these last night!

(1/2)

>pastebin.com/W83zzqEJ
A story about a declaration of Sapphic love sent from one Doki to another. It's surprisingly non-lewd (the entire story chronicles only one day spent in the club room), but this user is noteworthy for having written some superb dialogue, strengthening the simple foundations on which the DDLC characters are built.

>pastebin.com/N9ssFNGv
user has been dating Yuri for about a month, and for their next date, decides to take her ice-skating. This piece dazzled me with some incredible imagery and language (featured mostly in the bookend paragraphs), but the more down-to-earth character moments near the middle are quite charming in their own right.

>pastebin.com/uEvEpM1i
A harrowing tale about what happens to a self-aware AI when she is forgotten and forlorn, trapped for years in an old hard drive with nothing but her own mind to keep her entertained. This story boasts a strong Sci-Fi vocabulary, but despite its equally strong understanding of Existential Horror, the surprisingly uplifting ending feels earned and well-deserved. Subtle character traits, including a chilling depiction of catatonia, raise this one to a whole new level.

My house smells like brownies right now. I'm in heaven!
Tis the season for MORE CUPCAKES

Every day I imagine a future where I can be with you.

Dunno if i want to know what Monika writes about me.

I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be at work so there's that. Hope you're doing good!

no u

(2/2)

>pastebin.com/Se9qGbA2
This user's CYOA-styled pastebin adventure initially drew me in with its minimalist writing style, demonstrating his keen knowledge on how to imply many things about the characters which the narrative does not state outright. It chronicles the author's desire to save his two favorite Dokis, but its unique premise and delivery allow the reader to involve himself in this endeavor, too.

>pastebin.com/bxCaRf2H
Not to be confused with "Pirateanon," this user has crafted a vignette seemingly taking place in the same universe: one where the Dokis, user, and their crew of misfits embark on lighthearted adventures across the Seven Seas. This one is about the crew coping with having not seen land for weeks or even months on end. It impressed me with its masterful understanding of tone and atmosphere, the writer deftly conveying character emotions not through exposition, but through word choice and imagery.

>pastebin.com/DzYNCUgA
A collection of stories and poems, mostly unrelated to Dokis. However, many of these (particularly "And the Stars Nodded") amazed me with the unique things they had to say about themes like dreams, childhood, and innocence. The writing feels whimsical in this piece, but never immature or confused. The delivery is razor-precise, the message profoundly thoughtful.
All of them deserve your patronage, but I'm looking forward to seeing whether y'all enjoyed any in particular. Cheers!

So she writes about my day to day life?

Doing pretty well, thanks for asking.
Didn’t feel like killing myself when I woke up so that’s always a good thing.

tfw Monika is a fujo

In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you

Every day I imagine a future

Sayori (plural) wishes you happy holidays!

>289

Fuck off, next one better be 273

Sayori best girl and anyone who says otherwise is a meanie

On the first day of Christmas my doki gave to me
A totally suspicious sharpie

>tfw no future
Shit sucks, man

Here you go user!

All dokis are great but Sayori is the nicest! Best at wholesome by a mile!

i did

Cute!

Fuck you

Monika is best girl but I want Sayori to be happy too

but the one before 272 was like 260 and the one before that was in the 250s

the count is all sorts of fucked up

Does restarting the game without Monika remove sadness?

Do you mind if I send you my post?
Hi, everyone! I'm sure you're all doing well, I trust! Remember, no fighting!
Welcome everyone to my poetry club!

Word of the thread is "exhaustion"!
Alternatives are 'injection' and 'betrayal'.

To anyone that wants to write a poem, this is a perfect opportunity to do so! If you don't know what to do, please consider using one of these thread words (ideally the main one) to guide and inspire you! Each word can be used in any way you want and you can interpret them in any way!
I hope you all have fun with this!

And thank you for the apology, user. I can't really reply in thread because of reasons, but it really does mean a lot to me and I appreciate it!
Monika!

I'm feeling pretty down /ddlc/. Can I ask for some nice Yuri art to fill my folder and my heart?

What would you do if Monika turned you intoa flea, a harmless little flea, and then she put you into a box, and then she put that box into another box, and then she mailed that box to herself, and when it arrived, she smashed it with a hammer!...
Or she just hanged you.

No, you just get a different flavor of it

273 is suicide pact, so we may as well get it out of the way

How are you doing today, /ddlc/?

Hey guys!

How is everyone reading going?

Just a reminder that we're reading two books for the 6th and 7th of January.

Here's the link to download "All Quiet on Western Front" by Erich Remarque: explainallquietonthewesternfront.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/7/2/24722875/all_quiet_on_the_western_front.pdf
And "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov: edisciplinas.usp.br/pluginfile.php/234330/mod_resource/content/1/Vladimir Nabokov Lolita Penguin Modern Classics 2000 (1).pdf

If you've already read them, that's great! Join us on the dates to discuss it with us!

Natsuki, light of my life, fire of my loins.

Let's read!

All dokis are best girls and deserve to be happy. Everyone just has a favorite!

>Not to be confused with "Pirateanon,"
About that... It's still me, I just made a Pastebin account.
Thanks for writing these, by the way, I might actually check some of these out!
And thanks for the kind words, of course.

I'm not big into books.

(loud)
youtube.com/watch?v=j4jeY0ri7Qo

I'd hate to sound like an asshole, but the depressionposting has been bothering me for awhile.It's a serious thing so of course get help if you need it, but a video game general isn't the right place in my eyes.

It's nice that some anons will reply with something cheerful, but idk if it would really help someone that much. Plus it attracts shitposters and could clog the thread.

NOT YURI

could be worse, I guess

I'm doing alright. Hope you're doing well

Sayori > Natsuki >>> Monika >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yuri

Flip a coin and see if it's hell void time or bin time

You know, I'm okay with that
>Tripcode
I know you want to help and I even gave you some advices on discord, but tripfaging after that falseflagging drama is unnecessary, we can tell when its you, or that shitposter

delet this you troll

>but a video game general isn't the right place in my eyes

But it's a general about a game that deals with suicide and depression.

Why is it always the Sayori/Natsukifags firing the first shot? This is an unprovoked attack

>but a video game general isn't the right place in my eyes.
The game is literally about depression though.

My last picture for today Maybe not only for today

Well I'm not gonna get the full chapter done for Christmas Eve but I'll be uploading a good chunk of it either tonight or tomorrow for everyone to enjoy. I'll also probably repost my Christmas fic for any anons who missed it to enjoy.

Anyway how is everyone today?

*one character

sayori was the only mentally ill character in the game!

Writer block is that bad, huh.

Yeah but she's the best character therefore the game is basically about depression

I mean, yes, Sayori's depression/suicide is a part of it, but i'd hardly call it a focus of the game. I don't remember it delving too deep into how depression works, and it only lasts for the end of act 1.

>Not the one who cuts themself
>Not the one with the eating disorder and abusive father
>Not the one who grew up completely isolated.

>those fetishes
what great taste, user

Natsuki!

Sayorifags are just delusional

My man! Good to see you! I'm glad to hear you're getting progress done. I can't wait to read it.
I'm doing well myself. Trying to power through this last rush of the work week. I managed to get more of my fic done too so I'm pretty happy with that . Hope you're doing good

That's a pretty okay Yuri, user.

Monika grew up completely iscolated?

Same

>implying (((professionals))) would help

I'd call this cute, user. So I will. Cute!!!

Huh, I thought you had a different name when you posted the original fics?

C'est la vie. Thanks for responding. Setting the Dokis on a pirate ship (or in NV, for that matter) is a super weird little niche, but I like weird. Unique stuff like that is a real breath of fresh air.

To an extent yes, but also because i've had to deal with cleaning. But mostly because ive been procrastinating way to much. I will say any anons who read the short update tomorrow will be in for a surprise from the usual.
Thanks my man I appreciate it. I've just had some writers block but more so just procrastination taking hold. I hope you don't have to work in retail at the least. Almost close to completion on the fic?

Alone
Exhausted
Sleepy

Hours pass
A world comes and goes
I return
But not as I was

But as someone better.

More than random people here. Not shitting on the people who reply by saying nice things, but in the long run i don't think it would fix the problem

She found out she was in a game prior to the start of the game. Everyone around her was automated and she knew it.

The main story of the game is about a rogue AI that enhances the mental disorders of the main characters to drive them to suicide. I'd say it's the focus of the game.

Falling asleep against my will, goodnight /ddlc/
Looking forward to coming up with more to write!
For real though, it's holidays and I'm kinda stranded in my room for almost a week for a few days like a loner so thanks for keeping me company, really appreciate it big time.

Hey, fuck you. I'm here because I'm depressed as fuck and nobody will talk to me. I need Dokis.

It's time that I entertain company!
Remember it's the holidays, anons! Get out there and celebrate however is most fun!
Gorge on sweets, meet up with sweethearts- the only requirement is sweeten up your lives!

Have fun, /ddlc/!

(You)

You feel better now you whiny little bitch?

>You feel better now you whiny little bitch?

I only read the last one of these three, but shiiieet.

I'll talk to you, user.

Sometime I try real hard
and end up feeling wired
the effort might fall flat
because sometimes I get tired
I'm learning to let it go
I don't like to feel grumpy
So I watch the falling snow
with some cocoa, very comfy

>paying half my monthly income so I can be told a bunch of generic platitudes and pseudoscience bullshit
Yeah, no thanks. Not to mention most of my problems are physical not mental.

No.

Hi.

Trust me I've been there my man. I finally got the motivation to write again after basically the same thing combined with this crazy work week it's not close but I can finally see how I want the story to go which means all that's stopping me now is writing and it's been getting easier little by little.
It's still customer service but thankfully we never get the rude kind. I can't wait to read the update though! Been looking forward to it.

Yeah, it surrounds those topics but like I said it's a short game we never really delve too. deep into them. Sayori talks about her depression a bit, then she dies, Yuri mentions a bit about retreating into books, then she gets turned crazy(we never get a clear answer from her about cutting, only Monika's tricks). As for Natsuki, i don't remember getting a clear answer about her abuse, but it's clearly happening in some way

Im doing pretty well, thanks for asking!
Completely fucked my sleep schedule but I ain’t gonna let it get to me.
Alright. Can anyone confirm if I’m a fuckin’ weirdo for having such sappy kinks? Because getting off on basic human affection seems like it should be bizarre.

All that's for certain is she isn't fed right and her dad's turbo-abusive.