/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Dec 20] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert will hold a 34c3 lecture on December 28. events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/events/8941.html

>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674

>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3.492313/
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-kit-b9s-ntrboot-ready.html
mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng
github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki#nintendo-dsdsi3ds2ds-configuration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

catherine full body leak when

Is there any specific screen protectors that work best on a vita?

Is it possible to transfer save data between games with different languages?

Yes, a hard shell case and common sense.

Unless you're going for anti-smudge, wash your damn hands.

>wash your damn hands
I do but it still shows fingerprints eventually. I do use a hard shell case when not using it though. Has anyone tried the screen guards you actually put on the vita's screen?

gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3.492313/
Who wants be a bro and share a pre-patched .cia?

Bought a pre-hacked PS3 Slim with Webman and Multiman.

How do I FTP?

CFW option for PS3 3000 and 4000 models when?

How does one update their 3DS from A9LH? Will reading the guide help or are there special steps to be done before that?

Rather, not updating, but switching from A9LH to another CFW like Luma.

no shit
the solder cracks over time

and they wouldn't heat up a fraction of what the cell does

>switching from A9LH to another CFW like Luma.
That's not how it works. A9LH, like B9S, its just the entry point so the console can run unsigned code, as a Custom Firmware (CFW).
The only "good" CFW right now is Luma.

Just update your 3DS' firmware via System Settings. You console cannot get bricked or banned just by having A9LH.

So I can just update SysNAND and it'll be fine?

I admit it's been a long time since I tinkered with my 3DS and forgot which button commands load EmuNAND.

The guide covers everything. Try reading it maybe.

Just get the amazon choice or whatever, I got the one by akwok or something and they do everything it says on the box. Just don't drag your car keys across the screen

How do you think anyone will be able to leak it when neither the Vita can dump it nor the PS4?

that's was related to the shitty quality control, those where faulty consoles
if you don't remember, then think about how the recent Switch launch had the same shitstorm

we got a whole year before it comes out, who knows what will happen.

and at least 6 months past that for the english release.

It must be nice for you to still have some faith in non-Nintendo console hacking scenes.

Hey fellas. I hacked my 3DS awhile back. It was when RxTools was considered the best option. I grew bored with 3DS's games so I kind of stopped caring but always casually kept up with the news. I was thinking of moving away from RXtools, but first wanted to know if the 3DS bans have stopped from the tidal wave around when pokemon came out. Are the newer CFW able to prevent it, or is it still a problem?

It's no longer a problem, and it never was a problem unless you were either retarded or using a public seed.

As you have RxTools, you have firmware 9.2.0U (or whichever region you have) so you just use SoundHax to install B9S.

Also, you won't need to spare 2gb of your SD card to be able to play games. And you can pirate from an eShop homebrew clone.
Read the guides, and then come back.

:,^)

Our boy is contributing to RPCS3, the PS3 emulator. Maybe something will turn out to expedite the process.

ps4 exploit when

Download filezilla type PS3 ip in host box.

No QR code patcher for the updated Ultra Sun and Moon yet?This shit usually happens like, a day after it's released.

>Use Artic Silver 5 on my FAT PS3.
>It is just as loud as before.

Early PS3's ventilation system is shit. Either way I'm never fall for the Artic Silver meme again.

>not super slim wait edition

Ok so

Oldschool 3DS

>nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
>ntrboothax compatible
>can't play NDS roms after flashing

>nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
>ntrboothax compatible
>nothing says can't run NDS roms after flashing
>is it compatible with oldschool 3ds?

Help me out guys?

I'm getting ready following the guide. One quick thing before step 1: RXtools required me to partition the sd card to have a separate area for emunand. Is this not needed anymore, and I should just format the card?

The guide covers your case: You can either keep using your emuNAND data, or just wipe it good and start fresh.

If you wanna format I'd suggest using the built-in feature in GodMode9 as it can overwrite the emuNAND partition altogether, and sets cluster size the correct way for your console.

So, recently I got a JP 2DS and have been getting this message. I already have the Usage Agreement accepted, so I'm at a total loss on what I'm suppose to do to fix this.

Any anons here played Persona 5 to completion on a cfw PS3? Which pirated version worked for you? Looking around theres ISO, PS3_Game, and pkg versions. And various fixes to play through it with jp audio dlc. which one worked for user?

I got it from downloadgameps3 dot com. It's the EUR version, whatever. It included all the DLC. It's a decrypted folder. Played thru external USB HDD, zero problems whatsoever, both in Rebug 4.81 and 4.82 lite and multiMAN and webMAN MOD.

there shouldnt be any differences playing with the internal ps3 hdd right. thats what im going to do

Should not be any difference besides load times. Copying 20gb to the internal HDD did not seem like a good choice because playing it via external works great

modchipsdirect.com/r4i-kit-b9s-ntrboot-ready.html
Use this, gives you an NTRBoot card and a DSFlash card so you can just have both separately.

yeah, only thing is my 3 external hdds are all being used atm. and i got like 200gb free on the ps3

>redthetrainer site doesn't work on my ps3
Why? It worked before but now I can't access it.

Is there any way to disable the holding START/SELECT on boot for B9S 3DS, like there was with Kecleon-A9LH? I'm hacking this kid's 3DS and I don't want him fucking with that shit.

Is that the EULA or whatever? If so, you need to download config.cia (if that's what it's called, sorry if I don't remember the names, but if you read the OP you'll see what I mean) and set it to max.

never mind i don't even need to use it since i already flashed my NOR when the hack first came out.

get a fucking brain

F00dhax when?

Oh holy shit, thank you user!!

can cross region dlc on the vita work somehow? I see there's a lot more dlc on nopaystation for the Jap version of cyber sleuth but I want to play the Us/english copy. Is there any way to get the dlc on the us copy? I just want the preorder digimon

when will super slim be hackable

Is it really that necessary to have two separate flash cards?

Has anyone got a mega link for ds/gbc/nes cias?
Like this one for gba mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng

why would anyone hold start or select at boot without knowing?
I understand why you want to do this, but if you're in such a hurry you might consider leaving it as it is (at least for the time being)

Asides from keeping kids from accidentally fucking with something they don't know how to get out of, it was also used to keep Pokemon tournament judges from finding out you have a hacked 3DS back then.

3.61+ when

What does this image mean for someone with 4001B on 4.81? It says mine's supported by the dumper but not the writer. Does that mean no hacks for me?

>NOT SUPPORTED
>4XXXB
gee I dunno!

Yes it means no hax stupid

reminder that /ninty/ died for our sins. rest in piss never 5 get

I don't know what dumper and writer mean, sorry.
Thanks.

Okay, guy from earlier. Everything seems to have gone well moving from RXtools to Luma. I'm here now:
>To use NTR CFW, install BootNTR Selector.

Do I want to do this? If not, seems like I'm done.

>buy used pstv for 30 shekels
>buy the like 1 or 2 games worth playing
Providing they work on pstv anyways.

>Open that shit and replace thermal paste.
>"Everything will be cool now!"
>Yellow Light of Fun.
>I'm obviously retarded.

I have no tears, but I want to fucking cry out of rage. What the fuck did I do wrong? Am I going to need to reassemble the whole fucking thing again and reapply that expensive shit AGAIN?

It is actually turned on right now, but I'm afraid that if I turn it off that'll be it. Fuck me.

Additionally. Friendly remainder to backup your 110+ hours saved games, you never know when shit's going to hit the fan or you're going to fuck up your shit.

How do we know if you want it or not? It's your choice, not ours.

people with no prior experience shouldn't mess with expensive electronics, user.

yellow light means general hardware failure.
if it was working fine before, which I'm sure you can't tell for sure, then you fucked something up.

I don't think the paste is the problem unless you did a /really/ sloppy job.

I don't get what bootntr is. I remember using NTR to take screenshots, is it just a fork or something?

Are there any reasons to want to use it?

BootNTR is the program to launch NTR

Maybe. Most relevant ones are probably faster screenshots and cheat plugins (Luma will probably support them later on, but at the moment that's not the case)

I'm trying to install freeshop right now. It's been like 2 years. How do I install using a QR code again?

FBI

I'm no stranger though. The thing works now. But I'm sure I missed a step when building it back together.

If the problem happens again, I'll have to retrace my steps and hope for the best.

Other than missing a screw, I feel I used too much paste and now the CPU can't breathe.

Only one way to know.

if you used too much and it's conductive that could be the problem
but some people put a lot and it works even better than just a pea, which is what I use on mine.

most people coat the chips on a thin layer before dropping the peas.

Okay everyone, everything is working. Thanks for the help just like the last time.

Can I get a second opinion on this?

is there like a pastebin or google doc of Vita NoNPDRM games? i heard about that pc program but it sounds like a hassle tbqh bros

So what's the best method right now to load Sm4sh modes on the Wii U through hax?

So is the 3DS hacking scene dead? Even Reddit is dead.

You can call it that if you want, I say it just accomplished basically every goal there is. Except we could always use more kickass homebrew.

It's "dead" in the sense that there's nothing left to do. Bootrom exploit that can't be fixed, permanent hacks that can't be removed, can be installed using a cheap chinese flashcart, it doesn't really get better than this.

>can be installed using a cheap chinese flashcart, it doesn't really get better than this.
>requires something that both costs money and isn't too easily obtainable and a convoluted magnet gimmick
It's not easy until it's literally plug and play.

>Except we could always use more kickass homebrew.
3DS has been needing that for ages now even when the scene was alive. Literally the only thing people give a shit about for hacking the 3DS is piracy.

>Literally the only thing people give a shit about for hacking the 3DS is piracy.

In my case I actually cared more about save management. Not even for save editing, which I rarely explored, I just wanted the peace of mind of having solid backups plus quickly transferring saves between different 3DS's. Not the first thing people like you think of, but liberating, definitely. I continued to buy games I gave a shit about.

Probably won't ever be possible given the system's architecture requiring changes to the FW just to be able to run unsigned code to install stuff in the first place.

DS was only as easy as it was because the flashcart just emulated a cartidge, just with its own software to boot programs. PSP and 3.55 PS3 was only as easy as it was because the shared master keys got leaked, which meant you could sign your own code and literally drop installer packages onto storage and run it like any official software.

DS and PSP/PS3 era were what got console makers finally worried about security, and the hardiness of modern consoles goes to show you that they learned from most of their mistakes. There's no one-click/drag and drop solution anymore.

Mine was pretty much just so I could carry my whole library around with me instead of carrying around carts.

What happened to the nintendo general anyway?

Why are so many people fucking with their PS3s and worrying about overheating problems anyway? I mean I get that PS3's cooling isn't great and they tend to run hot, but have that many people actually had hardware failures recently due to heat issues, or is it just paranoia? YLOD was a thing at launch but I never really hear about it anymore.

how do I mod my 3ds? just modded my VIta with Henkaku + enso + Vita2SD and it's great.
I didn't update since everyone was being banned on the 3ds scene. From what i;ve seen there's like 8 different ways to mod the 3ds. My version is 7.2.0-17u

Just got a ps4 on 3.51. Should I hack it? And how?

I have a Wii U on 5.4.0. Reading the guide for homebrewing it up, apparently it's gotta be on 5.5.0 up to 5.5.2.

Am I fucked?

>>Mine was pretty much just so I could carry my whole library around with me instead of carrying around carts.

That's neat. I love cartridges personally, but now that Monster Hunter XX and I guess all Switch games are tossing the ability to save to them, I see their point as diminished too. I understand wanting to physically own your game, but a digital library can be really convenient if the curators aren't assholes about it.

Dumper = backup copy what is on NAND/NOR to USB. Backup used if you fuck up a flash.

Writer = Copy from USB flsh.hex to NAND/NOR (i.e. flash NAND/NOR) Normally used for hax.

TL;DR: Writer = hax installer, reader = backup maker.

Also if you are still unsure, you can run minvercheck to see if you are 3.55 or below.

So as someone with a hacked OG 3ds and the free copy of the anniversary edition of four swords would it be safe to get a new 2ds xl and hack that or just spend more and buy a regular new 3ds xl to hack?

Why don't you google the last update instead of being a moron :)

Yeah, I agree. There was tons of homebrew for the ds. I guess those people just moved on.

The novelty as well as necessity of jailbreaks just died down in general. Nevertheless, I’m hoping to see some Switch hax.

Well they broke it, so there has to be switch haxx of some sort

No, you shouldn't.
Just update it.

>ps3 does a 3 beep turn off after the train scene in persona 5
>change HDD
>try 5 different ISOs
>still turns off
>new fan
>new thermal paste
>change HDD again
>STILL FUCKING TURNS OFF
WHY
WHY THE FUCK

>DQM3 gets translated
>is not the joker version
FUCK SAKE! First the shit terry mongolian conquering land instead of the 2nd one and now this. Are they allergic to updated games?

So there's this online server for ds pokemon games and one of the methods to set up the right DNS is through cheat codes, either action replay or patching your rom but there's a 3ds method with Nitrohax. However, I'm using on a cartridge. I enable the code and start the game but it gets stuck on a white screen after the Nintendo Healthy message.

Did anyone tried with a pokemon cartridge as well? Just want to know if it only works with a rom or if I'm doing wrong.

github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki#nintendo-dsdsi3ds2ds-configuration

super slim when

Hey is the PS3's Blu-ray drive actually faster than some of the stock HDD models? That can't be, right?

I was playing the digital version of SSF IV AE the other day, which is a full install of the game of course, and was experiencing some weirdness with the loading screen. When going from one opponent to the next the animation and sound were all out of sync on the world map and x VS x screens.

Some physical games install to the HDD and load from both drives simultaneously to improve load speeds.