Historically incorruptible people?

What are some examples of people who never faltered from their beliefs (especially law men) despite huge pressure?
Any ancient Untouchables?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2a_cmbi3iIg&t=3m44s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cato the Younger springs to mind

I know it's gonna sound like some petty memery, but isn't the eternal kraut the most prominent example?

I suppose he falls on the 'persistent' side of incorruptible-persistent spectrum, but I personally find it admirable that despite all the drawbacks of gassing the kikes (logistic expenses, the attitude of people whose land he planned to exploit), he just kept going even though it was clear that these action do nothing but hinder his actual cause (winning the war).

I mean that he could easily proceed with his "final soultion" after he won the war, but he was so much devoted to doing that immediately that he basically sacrificed his victory.

Why?

Or he was just a charismatic idiot.

This is the mystery of Hitler though isn't it?

That he was simultaneously a cold-blooded pragmatist and political genius, and yet an emotionally unstable lunatic living in a fantasy world.

Most of the NSDAP leadership were like that. Completely schizophrenic state of mind. Absolutely bizarre.

>drug addled virgin
>incorruptible

pick one

>Any ancient Untouchables?

Phocion the Good of Athens.

old Cincinnatus and George Washington

He kinda wound up going back on his ideals with that whole list thing. I don't blame him, since his experiences in Spain brought to his attention just what a totalitarian menace Marxist-Leninsts were, but he did none the less falter.

His betrayal of Rohm utterly shatters any pretensions of ideological consistency. Hitler was motivated by megalomania and realpolitik.

Almost.

But even his deviation at the end was quite reasonable.

You know Hitler wasn't actually the driving force behind the Night of the Long Knives, right?

Until the last moment he made up literally every fucking excuse not to carry out the purge. In the end he only acted because Himmler and Goering kept claiming that the SA were going to carry out a Putsch. Even when arresting Rohm he was screaming obscenities at him for half an hour before finally relenting and basically letting Himmler do what he accused Rohm of doing.

Point is, as awful a person as he was, Hitler felt personally betrayed by Rohm, and although he didn't want the SA to have so much power, it was hardly an easy decision for him. You can look this shit up if you don't believe me, they were on a first name basis with each other. Not many people know that.

I know how close Hitler and Rohm were, but I stand by my statement that him allowing the Night of Long Knives to end in Rohm's death was a big betrayal of his ideals.

Also, Hitler not being the driving force behind it doesn't change his position of responsibility, since one of Hitler's core criticisms of democracy is that leaders couldn't be effectively held accountable for the actions of their regimes, so to apply Hitler's own standard to him, he's absolutely responsible for it.

Imam Hussein.

Sup anti-revolutionary scum

To the lampposts!

Yes I know he was more a guillotine guy...

This excuses them. They were people who'd decided that truth is determined by whoever is left standing. They were elevated by a cultural environment, a concentration of the black rotten herat of europe that always festers without damaging organisation or productivity.
They were a new and hideous thing on earth, responsible and lucid, savagery is omnipresent, but usually destroys the apparatus of civilization before it manages to liquidate whole demographics. Employing sadistic monsters was just the icing, not the cake.
There are no incorruptible humans, we are warped timber from which no straight thing can be made. Doesn't mean we have to collapse into piranha mode under pressure.

Vaclav Havel.

Major General Smedley Butler of the USMC spent most of his military career in china, central america, and the carribean unknowingly serving imperialism, corporate interests, and wallstreet. He realized this later on in life and spent the rest of his days giving speeches on the American use of military force to destabilize, corrupt, and coerce foreign powers into serving the interests of banking, arms trade, corporate profits, and American imperialism.

He even briefed a Senate intelligence committee on a plot in which wealthy bankers like JP Morgan, Prescott Bush, and others would fund him to raise an army of 500,000 veterans of WWI to march on D.C. and stage a fascist coup.

The plot was not taken seriously by the committee he briefed and was called a wild conspiracy by the newspapers of the time. However, Morgan and a few others were later called into the authorities to give testimony, but nothing came of it.

Though Butler spent much of his life serving bad interests, he spent the rest of it giving speeches and stark warnings about the racketeering of war and foreign interventionism. He did this until he died, so I consider him a man of great integrity and a strong sense of duty.

Ferdinand II came to my mind. He was Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire during the thirty years war till 1637. He propagated catholicism like no other. He was a pretty one dimensional man, but through and through devotet to his faith.

At the beginning of the war, the rebellious Bohemians layed siege on vienna, where Ferdinand was staying. Some protestant austrian nobles used the chaos to force themselves into the place where Ferdinand was residing. With their swords at their sides they tried to force him to sign a document that would grant them more independance from his rule and give them the right to stay protestand. Shouting and threatening they told him they would put his wife into a protestand monastery, that they would raise his children protestant.
The emperor, even though close to shitting his pants, stood practically quiet and stock-still until some of his men came and ended this situation.

First post, best post.

>supporting someone who was elected to the tribune of plebs

jesus christ user

Ney
And saint-louis.

It's pretty much how one would envision lawful evil: youtube.com/watch?v=2a_cmbi3iIg&t=3m44s

Thomas More, my man.

Bit shit in the rising but otherwise a damn fine man.

Nicked non-believers square in the face.

Lol, fuck off, fag. Everything is fair in war and love.

truth

that was Buzz Aldrin