/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1133 - SonAmgry Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5nBeppQgFGw
twitter.com/JonTt/status/944713781141159937
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Nice 2nd post, Sonicbabs

First for dead franchise dead general dead thread

Lets get some christmas cheer in this Sthg Family.

Draw your Favorite Character in with a Santa Hat and your least favorite character as their reindeer.

Be as simple as you want.

Whoops forgot to update the thread number.

Amy a bitter drunk

as long as we remember to update it next thread it's all good

I don't understand this reference

who is this oc

What is this image a reference to?

what happened to sonic's face

so near and yet so far
it would be wrong for him to honk her boobies, right?

Part Alternate Universe/Part Alternate Future webcomic a friend is trying to work on.

He was caught in an explosion and basically saved by an alien godlike being who essentially contracted him as an agent to fight in her endless war.

yes. it's the law

Damn right it is, the wild badger goes rough once she pounces that hedgehog.

>Using the OP to shill a friend's shitty OC comic

>That Sonic

That face that Sonic make on the last panel should be a reaction pic.

>I've finally finished the Sonic 3D Blast Director's Cut. After a few final tweaks and bug fixes it's now available on Steam Workshop and as a patch file. Details here: youtu.be/5nBeppQgFGw

twitter.com/JonTt/status/944713781141159937

If you could eliminate one sect of the fandom, which one would you choose?

Tails fans.

Tax-free endorsement

What makes it different from Archie?

Shippingfags

The "my Sonic is better than your Sonic" fags. Gamesfags, Archiefags, Xfags, Boomfags & all the others are cool imo, but that type of Sonic fan exists in all of those parts of the fanbases & they're insufferable. Inb4 this whole thread becomes filled with more shitposting about Archie/Archiefags, Archie Sonic sucked for like half of its existence, but I don't obsess over shit I dislike

Sonic

Omg that is wonderful user.

10/10 joke.

Archie was actually good sometimes

People who think their Sonic is better than yours.

>346 consecutive hours in flash

Santa Sage.

You'll have to imagine I drew a crummy Silver with reindeer horns in a submissive bitch position next to her.

cute

(You)

People who demand that the series only have the presentation or gameplay of one era of Sonic.

But you don't know if this comic is any good.
Besides the OP pic doesn't even have any OCs.

Cute little sloth

Adventurefags since Boost is clearly superior to Adventure. It's been 11 years since Sonic Adventure 3. It's not coming back. Get over it.

>Boostfags
Not even once.

He is the enemy
He will succeed
His presents, yeah
You will receive
His name is EggSanta,
Don't forget his name
If you fuck it right up
You'll be on his list of shame

>We've had Boost for almost a decade
This is not okay

Can't argue with that.

Which of these two evil Japanese men is the most evil?

Boost is the only way for Sonic to work in 3D. Adventure lasted 6 years. Boost lasted 10. There's a reason for that.

Retard

Kek

Why is SEGA so adamant about pandering to kids when the majority of this fanbase is like, 12 and over? People who are 12 are old enough to understand that "BALDY MCNOSEHAIR" isn't funny.

>There's a reason for that.
Creative bankruptcy?

Neither are evil. They just have problems of being incompetent. And the answer is Iizuka.

People who argue like retards over Boost & Adventure without realizing that the potential for both gameplay styles haven't been tapped by Sonic Team & they both have their flaws.

I think you mean 10 and over. And SEGA would need to hire new writers.

>People who are 12 are old enough to understand that "BALDY MCNOSEHAIR" isn't funny.
I'm over 12 and I find it funny.

That would sonic team to put forward effort and not hide behind the excuse "it's for kids lol" when their stuff is called shit

Because kids are your new customers.
The older audience are generally going to buy anything you put out regardless.

People who think Heroes was good and not the start of the dark ages.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

is that supposed to be the other way around

But Heroes is good.

I should kill you for saying that.

Naw I mean 12 and over, user.

You're fucking retarded.

Sonic was always for kids, except the difference is the older games didn't insult your intelligence.

A bunch of people didn't buy Forces, user.

>Best ship coming through.
Where?

Uhh.. sonamy.. spicy...

Ha, no.

>A bunch of people didn't buy Forces, user.
And it wasn't directly aimed at kids like Colors or Lost World was.
Makes you think.

I feel like the games were at their best in the 2d era, but no boost game has managed to even break 80 on metacritic, right? Doesn't that kinda say somnething about it? Forces was a poor attempt at that gameplay, but even Generations isn't quite there.

As an early x-mas gift, I'll show y'all a fraction of my real power.
It had to be bit rushed because I've been busy.

Sonic Rush

>metacritic
Come now user. Metacritic gave Sonic Adventure 2 an 89. They're biased.

That's a fair point.

Boost is the only for for 3D Sonic to work. Prove me right.

Isn't sa2 one of the highest selling sonic games in the franchise?

spoileru

Nice!

Only among critic reviews. Among user scores, SA2 is just barely above Generations with 8.6 compared to 8.4. Not that it matters anyways, neither style has had its potential filled by SEGA & both can be something great in competent hands. This is also another thing that's retarded with these gameplay wars people like to do. It doesn't matter what style SEGA goes for, if they don't have the right people making the games, neither will be done to its best. Instead of fighting over what style the game uses, fight for SEGA to get some competent people in Sonic Team.

cute bump!!

Why are there people who want Sonic to control like a tank

What's your point? Nostalgia sells.

Actually, no. It's highest sales came from the GC version and even then it only broke 2 million.

Because like a tank is the only way for Sonic to work in 3D.

>Why are there people who want Sonic to control like a tank
Because then the series would finally have a cannon

Adventurefags are the worst part of the fandom. Prove me right.

>spoiler
It's a matter of who gets their formula continued and experimented on. I'd kill for a new adventure game at this point even if the controls are shit like heroes or shadow

I'll just assume you're too bad at video games to handle precise controls

...God damn you, that was well done.

So can we not have another Boost vs Adventure thread please.

Indeed

I'll just assume your taste in video games is so shit you can't handle Sonic controlling like a tank

But that's the thing: They won't do that. They'll do it once, it won't turn out well, then they'll just go back to something else, like what happened with Lost World.

Fuck, that got a chuckle out of me.

Very nice, user!

what do you mean 'controls like a tank'?

have you never played an old horror game?

No

>bump shitscram.png

Did Bump steal Santa's hat after taking a shit in his toilet?

user, Zombies and Sonic are already a thing.

So considering that we know that the IDW comic is gonna have one crossover next year, and that most people are assuming it's gonna be with TMNT, would you rather have the crossover be in TMNT's world, or in Sonic's world

Also this is assuming IDW told izuka to fuck off and kept everything as one continuity

Mostly, awkward turning. Say, having to stop moving in order to turn 180 or having an incredibly wide turning circle.

"Shitscram" is an anagram of "christmas".

Who's ready for a storytime?

IDW's universe is gonna be completely separate from the games. So they're probably just gonna have it be one continuity.

Cool!

>we know that the IDW comic is gonna have one crossover next year
We actually don't know that.