/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Birthday girl edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live
60Hz servers

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWvbiZB_pF4
i.4cdn.org/gif/1513980240804.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

M I R A
I
R
A

Why did Hitler not gas Ash's grandma, I hate her so much. The coddest cancer of the game.

why should we care about video game character's birthday?

ello guvna

>when you dropshot so hard you levitate

>still can't play all maps in Ranked
Why are they doing this?

I just tried out Bandit, his main weapon actually seems pretty good. Didn't get a chance to see any results from his gadget though.
Whats /r6g/'s take on the guy?

>The most common bug to happen in this game
>this is just what happens when you dropshot
>this is why the hitboxes are broken during dropshots

hes pretty much the go to guy for hardstopping breaches while mute can only jam them bandit destroys them

Overall solid operator. His ability can be elevated from good to great if you learn how to "Bandit-trick". It essentially means that you should stand next to a reinforced wall (usually a garage gate) until you hear Thermite or Hibana place their charges and then you place a battery on that wall to blow up their charge. Keep in mind that it's quite risky, though, because doing it too late will kill you when the wall explodes.

They'll probably fix it in another year or two.
On r*ddit they said that dropshotting isn't a priority fix for them.

they took out most of the maps that are awful to play why are you complaining?

Honestly, Mute really needs a buff. He's definitely worse than Bandit due to having much worse, being one level fatter and having a slightly worse ability (on high skill levels).

I know you can do some cheeky shit with him, like jamming hatches from bellow and such, but that's extremely situation and easily counterable.

Why are they so fucking retarded? How hard would it be to decrease weapon stability by like 80% while changing stance and jumping over things?

It would only require a small fix to a relatively big problem.

they have to make more buffs for ela and uniforms for jager and ash
and then fix the bugs that those things introduce
all that takes a very long time

Because Kanal and Hereford Base are good maps, at least on par with Border and Coastline.

While I think they could use some changes, I also think that Plane, Yacht and Favela are perfectly playable maps, even though I never really liked Favela.

My biggest problem is that there's no real reason to remove those maps, Having more maps makes the game more interesting, and even though they aren't perfectly balanced, they still require you to be skilled at the game to beat your enemies.

I play the game because I enjoy it, not to fucking compete in a sport. And the game has, in my opinion, much bigger problems hurting its competitive scene than some maps being sub-par.

>Hereford Base is a good map
not even going to read the rest of your post lol

I bet you like Favela

No, I don't like shitty maps, Shitford Base included.

Well, do you think that Border or Coastline are good maps?

Why is Hereford worse than any of those?

>100 hours counted by steam
>50 hours by ubi count
I'm starting to feel like I'm plateauing a bit. I find myself looking for different ops/weapons in hope that it'll make end result better. Using ACOGs felt like an improvement, although it's pretty damn hard to sweep small rooms with an ACOG.
I get matched with really low levels, but it doesn't fucking matter, I get one or two kills and just die to some high level faggot.
I played Castle till I got Lesion, but now I just play Lesion in situations I'd like to Castle. Montagne also got swapped for Blitz.

Border is kind of shit depending on the hold, thankfully ranked alleviates it a decent amount. I don't have a single problem with Coastline. If you genuinely think Shitford is better or on level with either of those two maps you need to get your fucking idiot brain checked. How could you possibly think a map that has a single fucking staircase to each floor and spawnpeeking from all angles regardless of spawn location an actually good map?

best graphics settings for 144hz?
i have a gtx 1070

>Bad gun good gadget or vice versa
>pulse or vigil
this is balance, obviously no gadget should be total garbage
>good gun good gadget
>ela/hibana
this is not
>how is this hard for you ubisoft

I think it's actual time spent playing matches which doesn't count time spent on the menu and waiting for people with shit PCs to load.

For Rook, is it generally better to just go with grenades rather than the shield?
I saw people complain a lot about the shield in the other thread.
I don't know any of the meta in regards to loadout.

Yeah, I get that it's time for matches, but I didn't expect to spend as much time in menus as I did in game.

If you have Frost on your team the shield is neat for doorways, it forces enemies to waste nades to clear the shield and if they don't/can't clear it they have to enter by walking down to kill the trap
It's useful alternative to the boarded up doors, much better than Castle's ceramic barrier for doors, if you don't have other teammates that can / did take shields then you should fill in, you're Rook anyway so you don't really need nades to anchor

impacts are generally always going to be the best choice
if someone wants you to make a hole, you'll always be available for that
as well as just how effective they are for flanking and denial
vs shield ops (which are really popular atm because people are retards) impacts are always going to be a better choice

Anyone here get unusually turned on by valkyrie?

>doesn't listen to footsteps or noise enemies make, instead has music blaring in the background
>doesn't scout every room ahead with a drone, instead just breaches and runs in multiple rooms in a row
is this correct Chad operating? youtube.com/watch?v=RWvbiZB_pF4

please respond guys

hows the population on oce ps4

Big

>could you possibly think a map that has a single fucking staircase to each floor
There's a staircase on the outside that goes all the way to the top floor as well as branching out to the second floor. There's also a ladder that leads directly to the second floor and connecting with the main staircase, meaning that defenders on the top floor can only lock down the staircase at the very top, like in most maps.

The basement has also got several ways of entry; the large staircase, the ladder from the garage, the hatch above the constant objective point, the smaller stairs that only lead to the basement and a destroyable wall.

I really can't see your argument here. Is it not roamer friendly enough? You can still flank a lot using windows, destructible walls and the outer staircase.

>spawnpeeking from all angles regardless of spawn location
Complaining about spawnpeeking is very telling. Either you're new or you're just plain bad, you should get spawnkilled extremely rarely in any Rank above Silver. As it's often pointed out, it's the attacker that've got the advantage when somebody tries to spawnpeek.

I've played this game since release, and before this map rotation change, people complained about Hereford extremely rarely, if ever. It's just new tryhards that have come out of the woodwork to show how hardcore they are by hating a decent map.

>Operators are all the same height in game
>Siege will never have manlet/femlet meta

Is anyone else getting really fucking annoyed of Casual MMR, I've been playing since release, average plat 1 since season 3. I play cas for a nice time, without super skilled players I play in ranked, but instead I get the same shit. What makes it worse, I cant even play with my friends who are newer to the game, because we get matched up with those at MY SKILL LEVEL. I JUST WANT OLD CAS BACK WITHOUT THIS BULLSHIT.

This has to be false because ash looks tiny as fuck and her horrendous hitbox reflects that.

>not a single roamer contested their street spawn
>No team audio but they all breach together like a 5 stack
>entire team pushes straight through underground practically uncontested
>Echo is holed up only one room away from objective
>un-reinforced wall after wall
>Ying doesn't drone but you can clearly see multiple friendly drones
>not a single roamer was lurking in lobby/server stairs to spray down their whole forward facing team

Only realistic parts of this video are
>Ying flashes the fuck out of her teammates
and
>Roaming Rook only arrives on the objective after everyone is already dead

not gonna read all that garbage lol

Look man I don't know what happened. In that match, I experienced my first all flawless win. Nobody on our team died, ever. I fucking took down 2-4 people each round as well.
This was the most ridiculous game I have ever had.

>Still can't play all the maps in CASUAL

Does Ash have Khazar Milkers?

I kind of understand taking universally agreed shit maps out of ranked but casual? Nah it's dumb as hell, I want this relax and have a decent time enjoying the game without trying hard, not play the same fucking maps over and over again. There's literally zero reason for them to remove maps from casual.

im pretty sure they had technical problems with the lighting overhaul

It's cool user. I was mostly memeing but there truly are few greater feels than absolutely shutting the enemy down.

>4 man stack each with 130 ping
Get off my server cluster you fucking chinks.

Thanks ubisoft for this match, my favorite part was the guy on my team that did nothing and left after 2 rounds despite it being a ranked game.
Special shoutout to that guy who just made it that much closer to platinum 2

Coming to this game after RS2 was a bad idea.
I hesitate way too much on shots and in general I play it slower than I should, but I can't snap out of it.
I'm straight embarassed at how poorly my first game went.

same shit happened to me and a friend I almost felt sorry for the enemy team

blitz is fun

>all those times where you are just standing and they dont shoot your feet

>I was mostly memeing
Got a good kek form me.

>but there truly are few greater feels than absolutely shutting the enemy down.
Yeah, I have no idea by what grace everybody got so objective oriented. Everybody jumped into the manhole the first second we had, decent spread and covering of flanks by doki, twitch scouting with the drone, blitz being a distraction and covering angles...
Ah man, I really wish I would have more games like this.

>Jagger mains
i.4cdn.org/gif/1513980240804.webm

I can tell you're the guy with 0 kills user, you did less than the guy that left

fuck you I'm the guy with 1 kill

I'm new and I keep getting dropped from matches for ping spikes.

Is this the nature of the beast or am I a casual who needs to start routing cat5 cable across my house?

So I stopped playing for a while. Why did they gut Capitao so hard?

No more frags and apparently both of his primaries are the worst in the game now?

>killing echo in each webm
Ying, are you trying to tell us something?

>didn't get meleed even once
>didn't get shot in the head by ela

you can stop worrying about grenades now

Well, my second match went better at least.

Blitz is pretty fun people this early in the game seem to just go full panic mode when they see you up close.
I'm sure that changes.

now that you mention it....

I'm ok with this

>Try to play Sledge
>Every sledge decision I make ends very poorly

What is the most awkward biohazard container site to attack in the game, and why is it Club House Bar?

Billiards on House.

>playing Fuze on Secure
>Sledge breaks every single breakable surface so I can't place my shit
>we both die because he opened up a shitload of views for the enemy to shoot us from
thanks dawg

>when you have a really off game in ranked and your team shittalks you

that shit happened to me not too long ago in casualbtw if that guy is here he was not one hit you barely even scratched him you idiot

So this just happened

>Matchmaking finishes
>Immediately greeted by the voice of a 12 year old coming from a name reminscent of DoomSlayerEdgeLordMaster3000, apologizing for accidentally teamkilling someone
Fun times ahead.
Fun times.

>unusually
No, being attracted to tatted up, good looking, buff girls is pretty normal for me. I'm assuming we're going off character art and not in game model.

DUDE I was as far back on the map as I could be as Glaz and an Ela on the 3rd story headshotted me in less than a second. I don't know if they were hacking or not, but DAMN. Fuck Ela's stupid lazer gun. That shit is a sniper rifle.

is it bad to ads with a shotgun with only a laser sight on it
i thought i remember hearing something about using a sight and adsing tightening the spread but it was probably bullshit
like should you ever ads with a shotgun? with or without laser sight?

stupid incel nah im just fucking with ya I hate that bitch too

Hello i'm Zofia and i was designed to be top tier

got a new headset a day ago now i can hear again mentally tracking people in game with there footsteps and noises they make
>fuze starts putting cluster charge on widow
>loud CLANK
>spray through the window barricade
>dead af
>this meme probably best describes our reactions

>i thought i remember hearing something about using a sight and adsing tightening the spread but it was probably bullshit
This used to be true, but has since been changed. Currently, using ADS with a shotgun tightens your spread the same amount as having a laser sight equipped, but they don't add together. If you have a laser sight equipped, using ADS will not tighten the spread any better.

So is frost's shot gun worth using?

yea it has the same damage as jagers hk16 slow fire rate but if ur aim is true that shouldn't matter as much and its better then her shotgun in most cases

i should use her shotgun because its better than her shotgun in most case?

Newbie here; I've started to enjoy playing Blitz on Offense and Pulse on Defense, any tips for either of them, either in the current meta or just more obscure considerations?

her SMG is better than her shotgun in my opinion

sheeeit im retarded her shotgun is a fun change up but id always recomend a smg over shotgun because smgs are more consistent

I just got the game I want to main IQ and Ela. any tips?

i would advice picked up sledge and thatcher on attack and rook and doc on defense they can teach u good basics on the game and both have very good kits

ela and iq are both frag heavy ops with some utility id say learn the map layouts where objectives are and plan out good places to enter from and go to the objective as iq or as ela id find some good high traffic areas to set traps and lurk around

Sounds simple but remember to use pulse's sensor. I remeber when i started out i would have an idea of where attackers where coming from but i didnt use the sensor which often led to me wandering around and dying. Also the sensor is louder than you might think and iq can see you use it with her own gadget at a greater ranger you can see heartbeats

oh, so there's basically no merit to using laser sight on shotguns anymore? unless you prefer to hipfire, at least

Stop playing Blitz

Who are the strongest waifus?

IQ
>nades
>552 the strongest ar per bullet in game
>side arm that deals good damage and has decent mag
>3 speed
>cute af
need i say more?

Other newbie here. Can confirm that Doc is fantastic. Been running an MP5 and spamming those shots just before enemies enter the room. 50% of the time it saves my life and ends theirs.

Thanks, I already have Thatcher and Rook; I'll try and make sure to keep playing them as well.

I didn't think about the noise, I'll keep that in mind.

Is this because Blitz is in a bad spot currently or
is it because your eyes hurt?

This is the ideal female body. You may not like it, but this is what peek performance looks like.

Is Caveira gimmicky shit that is never used in a serious game like her ability makes her seem?