/xgg/ - Xenogames General #52: It's the Big Dick

Previous Thread: Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly

========== Xenoblade 2 ==========
>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental charts
Sorted by starting element: imgur.com/a/OiBPb
Sorted by finisher element: imgur.com/a/sTKyH

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade X ==========
>XBX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly!
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_WVm241G0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shhhhhh.
Malos is sleeping.

I would've liked to have investigated it a bit further.

Quick, post autism

I want to fuck Mythra

Again? OP should really call it first before he makes a new thread.

Not-first for identical aux cores don't stack cause....?

There is nothing autistic about synchronized swimming techniques.

>in gamestop ages ago to pick up my copy of Xenosaga 2
>get served by this cute, beautiful girl
>sees the copy and mentions she cosplays KOS-MOS at cons
>store is pretty empty since it's near closing time
>we talk for ages about Xenosaga and Xenogears
>to my disbelief she ends up asking me out at the end
>tl;dr game was shit but the sex was amazing
>few weeks later we're making out at my place
>literally millimeters away from fucking her when I notice she's crying
>turns out her shitty gamestop salary isn't enough to pay for her cosplay con tickets this time
>tell I can pay for her easily (neetbux), ask her how much she needs
>her face lightens up, starts hugging me
>"I need about tree fiddy"
>well it was about this time I noticed this cute cosplay girl from gamestop was actually an eight story tall monster from the Mesozoic era
>that god damn fucking loch ness monster had tricked me again

because fuck you that's why that's how it works

Cus the devs don't want you to min-max their game too much.

I just don't get it. Like, all intern-kun had to do was toggle a button. Even if you only make 3 aux cores of everything, that's billions of pages long. It's pure cause and effect.

get in line

Okay, so, I've run through to Torigoth 3 times since the patch. Each time I got there with 15 common cores, 12 rare cores, and 1 legendary core. Here are the results so far:

>1. Finch, Azami, Gorg, Floren, Kora, Nim
>2. Perceval, Nim, Azami, Kora, Ursula
>3. Kora, Dagas, Boreas, Zenobia, Electra, Finch

Kora Kora Kora. I got her on maybe 1/3 of my pre-patch runs as well. I'd put good money on her being the most common rare blade. Good thing too, because that extra source of lockpicking early on gets you some decent stuff.

But the main thing I want to say is, if you haven't gotten the game yet, get the season pass. The ability to just instantly have half a dozen rare blades at the start of the game is fantastic. Like look at that last roll. You could just flat out ignore the gacha after that, you've got all you need. And you start with 4 overdrives now.

Times when you rooted for the villain?

Xenoblade chronicles more like cuck chronicles

is there a legendary varient of male loincloth?

Used goods.

That's the entire foundation of having a gacha system with a highly customizable equipment spread though... To sift through your garbage and go, awww yiss, we're piling in all our damage syngergies bois then going out and shattering shitters

Same reason Pokémon can't learn more than four moves.

Kora is the only random rare blade I have left. How did you not roll Godfrey any of those times?

>most common rare blade
that's Adenine, everyone and his dog has her

Who are you quoting?
What the hell are you doing?
Please get sober.

Yeah hence why they want you to do it through the gacha. Can't make it too easy.

Yeah, it's called The Condom.

Sorry, I mean in your inventory. It's pretty basic to have something identical you'll have 3-9 of stack not to mention have your owned count in the fucking aux core shop I'm already irked that I have to keep a spreadsheet with them for no good reason

This is correct, woof

>green text stories

But it's not easy, I'm still going to find my hunting/positioning/first strike/etc affinities in my inventory then equip them. It just takes longer which cheeses me off. They don't even have 10-20 party presets like Bravely second which helps you not want to kill yourself switching between main, training, specialty team compositions

let's make a list of complaints, one complaint at a time. I'll start;
>field skills

That's NTR you bird brains

Would you fill Pyra with children?

So how to abuse Asami? Dodge on low health with no heal skills on the party?
I mean if can't have her passives up might as well use literally any other cannon.

>abysmal amount of polygons

Explain
but slowly

I want to cuddle with Mythra.

No filters and hide toggle on manage blades

>no optimisation whatsoever
Why would Pyra eat children?

>writing

I was talking about their effects stacking on characters before It's a shit system, but if you just memorize then sort by name, you can get to them pretty fast. Can't be more than 10 things at a time you have to keep track of.

>game caters to its target audience instead of me

>waifus in an otaku pandering game don't even look good

Well, here are my pre-patch rolls, which were 13 commons and 2 rares.

1. Godfrey
2. Perun, Azami, Electra
3. Electra, Godfrey
4. Kora, Boreas
5. Zenobia
6. Agate
7. Adenine
8. Kora, Azami
9. Boreas

Couple of Godfrey and an Adenine. Not as many Kora as I thought, but a few Azami, a few Boreas, a pair of Electra.

I'll keep gathering more and more data until we've got a really clear picture of this.

This but ironically

>gacha shit with asymal rates; fuck you monolith soft

NTR means losing the love of your life to someone else because you aren't assertive enough.
Cuckold is where you get off on seeing your loved one with someone else.
Seriously, know the difference, it will help make you not look like a newfag.

>That couldn't have gone smoother
>Oh it could have, if I had used the Eye of Shining Justice
>Please make sure to use that thing when the going gets tough OK?
The banter in these games are the best part honestly.

I'm more concerned that they think their target audience is otaku.

>and an Adenine
Try saying that five times fast

>Tiger Tiger

I'm sorry to hear that, user

So a blade combo finisher is use a special I, someone uses a special II, then the guy who needs it for a skill uses a special III all in line with the elemental path right? I got a common that have One fucking hundred percent item drop rate and I need to bust this nut

It isn't?

QUESTION

Just got to this part where I have to name Pythra/Myra's true form and the ending was spoiled for me where you have to choose between them.

The question is. If I want the ending with Pyra, do i pick her name? Or do they do some bullshit fake out where I'll get stuck with Mythra instead?

OR

Is the name selection meaningless and I get to pick who to save at the end?

>get off on seeing your loved one with someone else.
what makes you think she doesn't

All it does is change who's name Rex yells in the cutscenes

Which is actually pretty important in one particular cutscene because the name he yells in that one scene is followed by the outright statement that it's the girl he loves,
but the end result is the same regardless

Pretty sure Japanese people also refer to cuckold as Netorare.

Westerners aren't Japanese shut-ins, so no.

You don't have to be a shut-in to appreciate shut-in culture though.

Maybe YOU aren't.

Sure, but that's not what sold their previous games. I hope the mild boost in Japanese sales also translated to a boost in Western ones.

No but at least a significant amount of westerners playing this game are weebs.

It translated into a boost in my pants and that's what ultimately matters to me.

>shut-in culture

I want to ahegao Mythra

sheba's female and gold buff only works when shes out right? I don't like tubgirl but I want to use her as a stat stick for kos-mos and toss out pandoria.

>unskippable voice lines

Anecdotally, everyone I know who aren't weebs never gave the original (or this) game a chance because it's "jrpg". Cell shaded waifu or no.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_WVm241G0

>tfw you've been a broken neet near-shut-in for 5 years after 5 years in construction
Lifei s strange

You're being disingenuous if you're claiming that everyone who plays JRPGs is a waifufag. They certainly exist, but they're a subset of a bigger population. Otherwise the Final Fantasies wouldn't sell millions. I just don't want them to screw the pooch because they aimed too specific.

I had a similar experience, but I came out the other side and turned into a bureaucrat.

Where in my post did I claim that? And when did shut-in culture turn into waifufag? I'm saying that, for a vast majority of westerners, you have to at least be familiar with otaku culture to give the game a chance in the first place.

Considering Mono's schtick now seems to be "look at these high concept worlds you can explore and watch stories unfold on" they definitely should be able to find a larger audience. Part of what was great about Breath of the Wild can be traced back to what Monolith soft learned on their own, after all. I just want to know what they'd have to change for that to happen.

Will there be any fresh memes I'll miss if I play with the sub?

I forget

you're not done

This is Xenoblade, what do you think?

Not blowing the budget on seiyuu and guest artists would probably help. They should stick with one or two artists and smaller casts to give the setting room to breathe while also telling a decent story.

you can take me

Does Zeke replace Rex?

I banged my head on the table at Rex's yells at the end of chapter 1.
For the same of protecting myself from self-harm, I had no choice but to play subbed.

Only if you want to.

It will be boosted maybe because the Switch hype and people running out to buy just about anything the first year. I don't expect this to be the big hit people were looking for in the franchise though. This isn't the "Fire Emblem Awakening" of the series that people joke about sometimes. Maybe in the negative connotation, if you want to go there.

Now that I've had time with it, I gotta say, it has many issues that need addressing in the next one. A lot of the hallmarks of the franchise are there. Good looking world, great music, fun combat. Everything else can be really really hit or miss. I mean I love all the cute anime girls too, I'll even admit that I have an album full of Mythra pictures and whatnot that keeps growing, but had this been closer to feel of the original title, I think it would've been a huge hit. The art is all over the place, the story is like a harem anime, but Takahashi doesn't seem to fully commit to it half the time, or just doesn't quite understand what that audience really goes for. It's just a mixed bag. I mean, you're asking for shit sales when you make an otaku pandering game with a protagonist that looks like that.

Canon ending is Pyra and Mythra are fine with sharing and they all live happily ever after having crazy foursome sex every night. Y/Y?

Should I give him the Beastly Core crystal?

You're basically describing BOTW. And it does something more in that it allows you to climb almost everything.

Update:
You need to roll at least twice to finish the story. One needs to be fire, and one needs to be elec/earth
Ideally, you'd have a fire bitball/twin ring and an earth twin ring/bitball, so you can do the merc missions for Vess and Praxis.

Minus Nia.

>Torna blades won't change this because they're NG+ only

Why japs like Nia do much anyway? Only because catgirl?

All three games, but especially X and 2, feel like they're still trying to figure out how to make a sweeping adventure with a proper narrative. You can tell they're experimenting, which makes it easier to forgive the shortcomings.
Kind of. BotW had some issues of its own, but I think it was more successful as a total package because they made it into a very individual, solitary experience. If it had tried to fit a grand narrative into its current design, it probably wouldn't have worked as well.

Pity points

You should never give Rex any cores, so yes.

>Dumb kid
>Played Ocarina of time back on the N64
>Just trying out games at random at blockbuster
>Tried FFX
>Later bought and played it out
>Got X-2 at some point and played the shit out of it
>Got FFXII some time after it came out and played old man berserk memes bless that games heart
>Did Twilight princess at some point
>Picked up Elona+ in my teens which was basically weeb ADOM or something
>Got Breath of the wild in the hope that it was a zelda flavored FFXII. Instead it was an earthshattering baby's freshman year at game "design" diploma mill disappointment cause ninjew couldn't let a game finish its fucking development cycle even if it'd cure cancer for all eternity
>Got big into granblue fantasy before the timegating made me want to kill myself with how much of a literal unpaid job it turns into. Embodiment of Kusoge
>Saw XB2's cover, thought it looked dumb so I never looked it up
>Saw it was out for the switch in the paper so I actually google'd it this time and learned it was my FFXII jam
>Now here
Some people are just slaves to the weaboo grindan gaemu user

Honestly though, I'd probably steer people away from this unless the formula was already their thing. There's a ton of stupid decisions already not even 10 hours in that make me want to slam my head through a wall. Just so many literally fucking why who are you people don't you know anything about the type of game decisions.

>tfw mono made a more living world than god motherfucking damned nintendo

n/n
In the ng+++. they find a lost relic of the creator that lets them clone humans of of Ether and dna samples, turning them into drivers from the exposure to similar materials used in the creation of a blade holding the affinity to wield blades through the generations albeit weakening as the blood thins. Everybody gets a Rex whether they want it or not.

Rude.