/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A GTA CHARACTER, MORTY!

Last Thread: >Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread then clicking the link below and requesting an invite. Make sure your profile visibility is set to public. Do not kill/grief fellow crew members.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_pc (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/meat_for_the_grinder (Xbone ft. 100% crew black)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/flibinjibervans (Alternative meme color crew)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL (benis) (embed)

>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No thoughts allowed here)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Older threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/wmwvpEmr (embed) (embed)

>Regularly updated vehicle stat spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2Qy84YUrYu_YCcdjMhzDGuNMzwNtjVjIJzdRmrHu6Y/edit#gid=1868604557

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Latest added content and news
rockstargames.com/newswire

Other urls found in this thread:

socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/epicleptic
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9N5lZodH4
youtube.com/watch?v=KWmFI4S-sQw
youtube.com/watch?v=konRH1u-Wj4
gta.wikia.com/wiki/NOOSE_Headquarters
youtu.be/k8EKnbTv7JA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Miss rackman is a jiggaboo
Ugly spook don’t she know it’s christmas not Halloween!?

I/E's been out for a while, but I still see questions asked about it a lot, so I made an autist-proof guide on how to get the most possible money out of car sourcing.
Enjoy.

I've chugged so much nyquil that i'm almost worried. hopefully this works now.

what's a jigaboo

PICKLLLLLLEEEEEE

Why don't you own the RCV /gtag/?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Jesus fucking christ, learn to use some punctuation you inbred. I'm racking my brain trying to read what you're saying.

Anyway, you might not LIKE the fact that a grind is necessary nowadays, but they are. they're present in literally EVERY multiplayer game today, in some form.

Because the APC is superior

that thing is garbage. and like said, the apc is better. hell, the barrage is better.

ho ho hol up

Best NPC death pose. It's uncanny

>kill a guy for a bounty
>he spends an hour following me around on an Oppressor

>kill guy for literal pennies
>surprised he wants revenge

*unzips lazer*

*unzips orbital*

oh look you got 1 kill

now time to strafe you for the next 30 minutes in my hydra

Theres a difference between progression, a.k.a. a consistent goal to unlock most items in the game (think all the weapons in CoD 4) and grinding. Hours of work just so you can unlock a single variant of 1 weapon or maybe even just a fucking camo is not progression, its not fun, its just grinding. Defining what most people consider grinding and what most people consider progression is the hard part. Personally I don't think any AAA game should take more than 1k hours of play time to unlock EVERYTHING in the base game because after your first 1k hours you're unlikely to still be enjoying the game as much as you did when it launched, by that point you likely find it just a... grind. and you're probably just grinding simply so you can reach that magical 100%.

stop letting suska start threads goddammit

*goes to security camera, loads up rocket league and plays 2-3 matches until cooldown finished*

my funbux give me authority.

>Doing I/E and Headhunter/hostile takeover between sells
>somehow feels like a slower money maker than running crates between 2 large warehouses

Am I retarded bros?

*goes inside apartment to watch Fame or Shame while I watch David Lynch movies IRL*

Gotta come back outside sometime, boyo.

Just do straight I/E and only do the VIP work if you need immediate cash. It's a better time investment.
Crate warehouses might feel like more money, but that's because you have those big juicy numbers at the end. I/E is a more steady flow of cash, and it doesn't wow you as much, even though it's way more lucrative.

*unzips xenmenu*
haha.. nothing personal, kid

>unzipping a ban

>witness a 9k bounty get obliterated by an orbital cannon
It didn't make sense to me

but you mention the example of CoD yourself, where prestiging is the core of multiplayer drive; the first 5 hours is unlocking items in game; after that it's unlocking them AGAIN, for a new icon/number; i call that grinding. And not necessarily in a negative way. It keeps you engaged with a game that would have otherwise have non-progressive endgame.
What I'm saying is that it keeps people in the game (EVEN IF YOU PERSONALLY DONT AGREE OR LIKE THAT FACT(ill keep my own opinon on the matter aside)) it keeps the game you like alive. That's why I welcome it.

you missed the part about sourcing in solo public lobbies but selling in a lobby with at least one other person so the fucking NPCs dont spawn

Personally I focus on I/E and resupply my bunker while the car sale is on cooldown

Why are the black eyebrows actually red?

socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/epicleptic

pls add me to the gtag crew im lonely

post more black girls like this, i'm not a big fan of afros

forgot to mention, the one on PC

I gave the example of CoD 4 because it had no prestige on PC, after about 100 hours you had unlocked all the guns and were probably on your way to unlocking all attachments/camos for those guns.

It doesn't tho, new content keeps people in the game that should be a pretty clear concept to understand. Do you really think GTA V/O would still be pulling in 100k players on PC 2(3) years after launch if it weren't for new content? look at the player counts for newer CoD games on PC, they're barely on the top 100 only 6 months after launch, why? because people don't feel the desire to grind in those games anymore. The content simply isn't worth it even though they've begun to add new guns in the past 3 or 4 releases, and to be perfectly honest thats the way most games feel these days, the only reason GTA gets away with it is because its on such a massive scale, which is the same reasons actual MMOs get away with grindy shit years after release.

I CANT FUCKING LOG ONTO ONLINE MODE BROS, WHAT DO I DO??

done

How accurate is this trailer to GTA Online today?
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9N5lZodH4

Unless some part of my math is off, I/E only makes more money than crates if youre getting the VIP work in between sales. If not then youre only making a 320k/hour and thats assuming you take zero damage both while sourcing and selling

thanks

God bless you, user.

Trailer has much less content.

Sort of off-topic, but just how awesome is Sade? I totally forgot about her until recently, so I decided to go through her entire catalog.

Would be nice if Rockstar added some of her tunes to one of their stations.

youtube.com/watch?v=KWmFI4S-sQw

Sorry, only room for dumb nigger music like lil pump now.

Ah man I love Ameer Vann
youtube.com/watch?v=konRH1u-Wj4

What mission/where is 0:35 located? I don't think I've seen that building before

its not used very much
gta.wikia.com/wiki/NOOSE_Headquarters

That's the iaa building north east of losing Santos it usually has a heli on top

>buy a house and invite friends over
>or buy a garage
>implying you don't get the garage with the apartment

You can buy individual garages throughout Los Santos, dummy!

if gtag wasn't so damn lazy, I bet we could make an updated version of the online trailer. show how the game looks and plays in the year 2017(8)

Cool

that idea has been suggested several times already but R* keeps ratcheting up the dumb shit they put in the game

While you're at it approve Kucklee, please famalam

Any decent outfit editor that won't get me b&?

Redpill me on higgus

>Do my first heist with new character to try and hit rank 40 for the night
>steal valkyrie mission, easy money
>walk outside apartment and see two armored Kurumas, one matte black and one white and red
>they run into everything on the way to the Merryweather base, but everything else goes fine
>destroy the choppers and fly to the point on the map
>drift past it while gaining altitude
>suddenly start seeing boxes in chat
>from all three other members
>pilot seems completely new to flying a helicopter, takes us 10 minutes to land
>we spawn in freemode
>suicide bomb them
>boxes appear in chat
>respawn and ghost org, blastin on em from the shadows in Grapeseed
>they try to fight back but are blown up or swiss cheesed up 2 quickly
>they leave before ghost org expires

she has such a small forehead it's almost as if her frontal lobe is underdeveloped

the wig is covering most of it, that's not her real hairline.

It's fucking go time

well?

Was there ever any doubt?

ebin

I didn't play for a while, I haven't bought any of the Smuggler's Run or new doomsday heist shit yet, except the facility near the lake, I hope it's a solid location... I don't know which hangar to buy yet? And which of the new vehicles/aircraft are actually worth it?

Hangar and planes are mostly just worth it if you're either actually personally interested in the vehicles themselves, or if you want to go all in on dicking low levels.
If you have the money to spare, I'd say shelling out for a Zanucudo hangar is way better than an LSIA hangar. It will let you walk around and fly above Zancudo freely without getting a wanted level. Either get the cheapest one to save money or take the one to the far west for best location.
Hunter is a very good attack helicopter if you have a dedicated gunner, Pyro and Rogue are both alright planes for dogfighting, Akula is a stealth heli which can be used to fuck with people. Aside from those, take whatever aircraft you find interesting yourself. Ultralight, for example, is great fun.

Is this still the best way to make dosh? I haven't played since then so I'd rather do something else to make money.

add bunker to that(buy all the supplies) and you get additional 600k+- while you're doing I/E

Does your research progress slower if you assign to both manufacturing and research? Do you need the protection upgrade for the bunker?

How does that work, exactly? And what's the best location? Or maybe it doesn't matter?

is strength worth it to max out?

Alright, thanks.
Well, I don't start dicking low lvls around, just tryhards who deserve it. I'm more for being able to defend myself.

Best location for hangar? It's still in the same base, doest it really matter? I thought the only difference was that one is bigger than the other or some shit like that. Also I was already looking into the Hunter and Akula, seems like great helicopters. Is the Lazer worth saving for in the long run?

What about the Doomsday Heist vehicles? Like, Deluxo and the jetpack thing, forgot its name, they a meme or actually worth the price tag?

I got APC/Opressor/Hydra, they still relevant?

Well...
>climb ladders faster
>one punch is enough to kill NPCs most of the time
>be able to take more damage

Don't assign to research, only to manufacturing. It's better to fast track research. No you don't need protection upgrade.

You get bunker, you upgrade, you buy supplies 4 times till full(or till you feel like seeling) and you sell. Something close to LS since you'll want to sell there only for cash bonus.

jiggaboo is a fun way to say NIGGER.
Nigger.

user, I want to make money and you tell me to waste 10 mil by fast tracking research?

I'm telling you that it will be faster to sell and fasttrack than to research. If you're researching you won't be making your supply cost back either, so you will need to either steal supplies, which takes time, or compensate with other jobs, like I/E, which again, will be worse than selling all guns and fasttracking.

Oh, thanks for the explanation

>I prefer Mooley, myself...

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is a glitch? I don't want to believe that it is in the game since day one and that I haven't noticed it since now. I have lot of mods and scripts, so maybe I screwed up my game, just want to be sure before downloading the game again. Not my video but it is the only one I've found.

youtu.be/k8EKnbTv7JA

Does it happen even without mods? If not there's your problem.

Hi Snek
Die in a hole you disgusting fag

>Best location for hangar? It's still in the same base, doest it really matter?
Not really, but the runway will be more in your favour if you pick the one on the west end, no other difference. I've heard the center one can have some unlucky tank patrols right in front of your hangar.
>Is the Lazer worth saving for in the long run?
No. If you have a Zancudo hangar you can just steal one easily. 6.5 million dollars is 6.5 millions you can spend on something you really want.
>they a meme or actually worth the price tag?
I'd say they're all half meme, half worth it. Don't think any of them are really worth it for their combat use/abilities alone, except maybe the Khanjali, but if it's been your dream to fly around in a DeLorean or discover the ocean floor in your Esprit/Countach bastard child, it's obviously worth.
>I got APC/Opressor/Hydra, they still relevant?
Yeah, I'd say you're pretty set honestly, though an attack chopper or two wouldn't hurt.

>wow this guy posted the :thinking: emoji with a post that made him think
>nobody but my friend Snek does that!
>"Hi Snek"

Yes it does, but I'm almost certain it wasn't like that, and I can't find any video that show some reflections like mine. I can't believe that Rockstar would have made something like that.

Did it look like that in your game too?

No, they're normal for me. Could also be your drivers.

Yes it was my first thought too. I've tried making a clean install of my drivers but it changes nothing. Thanks for answering me, now I know the problem is real, I'm going to download the game again and hope that those weird reflections will be gone.

>Flying planes casually
Will never happen as long as homo launchers and oppressors exist
>"or simply cruise around, showing off"
No one just cruises around like that anymore. You get close to anyone and you're dead

Which is why you play with your crew that has only 1 rule

rate char

Is the T20 still the best car?

>mfw gonna buy a couple of 10-car garages and fill them with free Hermeses as well 1 for myself

No. Best all-round super is the Vagner.

You only get one (1) free Hermes.

it's shit.

>contact missions still can't be done in open sessions

I guess Rockstar will never update the old contact missions. It's a shame because I really liked a good bunch of them.

>Best location for hangar? It's still in the same base, doest it really matter?
Unless they fixed it, the west edge is the only one that has mechanic spawns remotely near it, so when you're done with your plane you can actually park it in your hangar, summon your car, and leave. Otherwise, you have to ditch your plane out of the base, steal a car and move away or return it to storage with the MC options menu to get out of PV request range, and then call for your car.

>Sourcing in solo public lobbies

What a terrible fucking idea. When you source in a solo public, the cars literally spontaneously combust. Happens to me every fucking time I try that shit. Here's something that happened to me like 4 hours ago:

>Solo public lobby
>Source some car
>Its a shitty green Seven-70
>"Hey faggot, stop the race and take the car"
>Take my dumbass jetpack to Trevors airfield
>Kill the faggot and take the car
>Get on the highway back to LS
>Car just fucking ignites out of nowhere
>Have to turn off my game to avoid the failure stat so I can still have my perfect business stats

That doesn't sound right unless the new DLC changed something

Works on my machine.
That only happens if you were in a server with people and suddenly disconnected/became alone as you're driving.

How many railroad bonds will it take to unlock a jet powered horse carriage in RDR2

I looked it up, and supposedly it's a new safeguard rockstar put in to somehow stop car duplication.

I was alone when I started it, and I was alone when my car ignited. Nobody joined, and nobody left. I even went out of my way to bully the other players out of the lobby before starting it. So that's not the case here.

this is the reason my friend refuses to stick around. he's annoyed by the loading screens and forced grouping. doesn't make sense to keep them out of open session, especially considering that there's no vehicle limitations when you do them.

a simple change like adding contacts to free roam would make the game a lot more enjoyable. if they want to add cooldowns to certain missions, similar to what they do with MC missions, I'm totally fine with it. just fix this nonsense of having to jump through loading screens to do shit.