/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Christmas Now edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current Q:C News: It’s Christmas time, anons. Hope you joyless faggots are spending the holiday with the ones you love. If not, well at least you’ve got /arena/

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals
youtube.com/watch?v=e-dz5tfbUyo

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

trigger_teleport:
>target: lastthread
info_teleport_destination
>targetname: lastthread
>origin:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mkKCfRLgnDU
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyV4VDX-JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does Nyx look so old in that pic

awful lighting

Also
>Ranger is purportedly 6'5''
>About Nyx's height
>Visor is like 6'4'' but seems much taller
They manletized him to have him be a Medium I guess

It looks like they just shrunk Ranger's model, his proportions are tiny compared to Nyx. Seems they did the same to Visor.

What the fug

What did this LITERAL WHORE mean by this?

Ladies love a man in a mask.

Visor doesn't even have a penis. Maybe their love is the purest of all

Would be funnier if Clutch was hover-handing the filthy organics.

well for all we know visor is a cyborg and bj is a bioengineered body with just a human head so

Merry Volkmas, Saint Galena brings totem for everyone. Have peaceful celebration and praise the Gods for their blessings.

>enemy scalebearer charged at me and my teammates
>CHOO-CHOO
>pick scalebearer too
>there is a group of wounded enemies in front of me, perfect time to rush
>I WILL LEAD THE-
>stumble upon a fucking niggerki
>JUICE IT UP, BABY
>motherfucker survived and electrocuted my ass

It's not fair.

Anarki can literally outrun the tard charge. It may require injection, but I've seen it happen many times
I think only Doom Slayer is harder to choo-choo, as he can just double jump over you for free

>Playing Keel
>Launch some grenades
> An unfortunate burst of lag causes my grenades to slow down in midair then suddenly explode in my face

>kid shittalks you at the start of the match
>score at the end of the match

merry xmas /arena/

I loathe Anarki mains cause pic related

>pic
kek
Also, what happened to Sorlag? It became such a rare pick to see. It's not like the other heavies are actually better than her (Bearer and Clutch), seems to be like there are just too many better characters to pick before her
The rise of Doomguy as a meme champion was the death of Sorlag. Now every Duel lineup is Anarki, Nyx and Doomguy/Ranger/Slash

As people level up their game, heavies are gonna feel less and less viable unless they have some sort of massively great ability that makes them worthwhile. Sorlag's spit is SHIT. Excepting maybe early Sorlag (which was still a massive overreaction, Anarki was even stronger back then), so far it hasn't happened re: very good, viable heavies. Keel was an interesting experiment with the grenades and it feels like he's ahead of Clutch and Bearer, but still, there's no comparing such a difficulty ability to use with a braindead extreme survival ability like Anarki or Nyx's
There's no way around it, being much easier to hit in a game where the objective is to kill the most is just too much of an advantage
And don't act like when you got Rail in FFA and you see a ball of people fighting you don't instinctively go for the Scalebearer or Lizer first. You don't even care that the light might be the one to die from one rail, you go for the safer shot

>There's no way around it, being much easier to hit in a game where the objective is to kill the most is just too much of an advantage
Oops, meant "a disadvantage"

HUH

Anyone up for a duel on reflex?

are you eu or na

youtube.com/watch?v=mkKCfRLgnDU
poland stronk

na

youtube.com/watch?v=ECyV4VDX-JI
crazy russians

Is there any way to get the Twitch RL anymore? And is it possible that it'll ever come back?

why do you want something so faggy? you retarded?

You will know the peace of the gods by force, if needed.

pic I never got the chance of posting from doom4 artbook

this is not how i saw this going

HUAH

>not playing high quality inhouse matches

Why is this allowed?

huh

was slash always man?

>complete a whole page of rune challenges for ranger
>it has final rune challenge
>20 quarterbacks in sacrifice

okay just fuck you fucking cunts fuck you fuck this shit game fuck you all

>you only get shader for completing the challenges
what's the point?

What's the point to play this shitty game?

1vs1 fps game with ladder
also there's more shitters to play against compared to ql

she's christmas cake

can't speak for the op image but ingame ranger is definitely shorter than 6'5", they probably squatted him down for Q:C as a reference to his original squat quake 1 model (because everyone in Q1 was supposed to be vertically stretched by 20% or so due to the resolution)
visor towers over basically everyone that isn't clutch or scalebearer

>because everyone in Q1 was supposed to be vertically stretched by 20% or so due to the resolution
quake 1 was built from the start with scalable resolutions in mind

>because everyone in Q1 was supposed to be vertically stretched by 20% or so due to the resolution
Aren't you mixing Quake with Doom? Quake was already resolution agnostic (and square pixels). Doom was definitely meant for "taller" pixels

happy kwanzaa, totemnigger

Quake did not need a specific kind of monitor to look right, Doom did (and the look is simulated in a few sourceports)

>tfw Phobos could be caressing Orbb

Also don't compare Mynx's shoulder tap with Nyx grabbing Visor's vagina bone, these are not equal in lewdness

you don't need a specific kind of monitor for doom you just need to be able to stretch 320x200 to a 4:3 aspect ratio like most early 90s and late 80s games

quake is a mix, some assets- like all the square buttons on the walls- are designed to be 1:1, but others- like the playermodel, humanoid enemies, and HUD, as well as pretty much all arches and curved doorways in the maps- are designed to be rendered at 320x200 and then stretched to 320x240
that's why the textures for those curved archways and stained glass windows aren't actually a perfect circle, more of an oval- until you stretch the screen vertically by that specific amount, where they become perfectly circular like you'd expect a stained glass window to be

>1x1 ratting repetitive gameplay with running from mega health to red armor and back to mega health and back to red armor

yeah it's shit.

>nirah sticks himself in another streamer's butt, now Draqu

Wow our basic bitch has no shame. I hope you realize that you have no personal value whatsoever and the only way for you to grab some bits of attention is to be a carriage for other streamers with the actual viewers.

life crisis quakedads and quakedad wannabes get out. QC by far the most rewarding game to play right now, if you don't like it you don't like video games

Tim you need to get your head out of your ass.

You aren't nearly as funny as you think you are with these posts. Put your effort into something more useful, like making actually funny OC.

>if you don't like it you don't like video games
I don't like it and no one likes it either outside of ~400 (literally sub-1000 players) autists who force themselves into that puke-worthy trash game instead of playing real video games.

seriously go.

Why don't you go? You are a fucking subhuman minority even on Veeky Forums. Where do you think you are? On some subplebbit hugbox? Fuck off and suck my cock you stupid arenafaggot.

>You aren't nearly as funny as you think you are
I'm not trying to be funny.
>if you don't like it you don't like video games
>QC by far the most rewarding game to play right now
>quakedads and quakedad wannabes get out
But you really need to stop posting shit like this here Tim.

midlife crisis breakdown imminent
it's not that complicated. if you don't like it, you go do something else.

Anyone wanna duel and cyber?

this game will never survive without a dedicated ERP community

count me out until there's a male sorg champion

what is wrong with you!

no gays allowed

you're getting railed sweetcheeks

>draw lizard
>call it she
>all the furries think they are now accepted
why must id ruin everything?

Sorlag is a smart character, was good to make it a she.
I think the worst characterization so far is Clutch. He's all over the place. Even Anarki has his place, cringey living-in-the-past memelord he is. But Clutch is just off.

Sorlag was always a she.

Aesthetically I like it with the mecha skin.
I kind of miss the retarded skipping run animation and the tap-tap-tap footstep sound of the q3 sorlag.

>Even Anarki has his place, cringey living-in-the-past memelord he is.
Would Anarki be better or worse if instead of dude drugs lmao he was just a voiced version of his Q3A rendition, bitching about his ping and proclaiming, 'SAVE THE BOARD!' as he craters?

Tiny hitboxes need to be fixed sooner, not later. It's insufferable.

they are supposed to be fixed next patch

As I'm starting playing lighter champ recently, I'm starting to drawing conclusion heavy champs shouldn't be slow.
Yeah, it might sound weird but mostly diffrence between heavy, medium and light champs should be hitbox and hp/ap pool. Movement should be balanced seperately, not as light/med/heavy rule of thumb.

meta seems pretty tame right now, based on streamers/tournaments
they managed to knock out both anarki and doomguy from tier S, one with a bit of adjustment and the other with a hard nerf

this chart is bait
do not respond

"Light" hitboxes need to be taken out altogether. This "duel of the wiggling beanpoles" is the dumbest shit.

Veeky Forums is for discussion and sharing images. If you don't like it, don't post.
Honestly I think anarki is still S tier. The difference between the tiers aren't that big either, scale just needs bugfixing. I like what they did to slash though, but she's still a top pick.

>arena has one of (((those))) posters
>calls people cucks
>spews pol memes
>xy ruined muh general
>tries to autistically shove down his worthless opinions everyone's throat
Well it's time to give arena a rest until the problem solves itself

2v4 Sacrifice should just cancel the match.

anarki as thin as a board and nyx, a toothpick. they're both easy mode champions and you have two options

1) play them and ruin the game for everyone else
2) don't play them and have the game ruined by some faggot who plays them

the reduced damage they take due to their hitbox is hugely disproportionate

make nyx thiccer 2018

This is something I can get behind.

#Thyxx2018 #NotMyHunter #timspillsit

quake guys confirmed for high teste

Clutch in A? Come on
He's strong-ish in Sac, still a liability in Duel
also Visor is too high there, and Doomguy too low

Also Ranger in the same tier as Galena and BJ is insanity
Ranger is much more solid

you fuckin' know it

>Thyx

what are they doing they shouldn't be missing out on an opportunity like this

Slosh slammed her face on the wall and this happened

>STILL no response from id about the awful mouse input
fucking lol, never touching this shit again

This Sarnath/Tempest Shrine loading music is too goddamn funky. I can't deal with all this funk!

tempest would be much better if the rail , red, and rocket wernt within 15 meters of each other.

also the shitty boat geometry

>tfw no thicc quake gf to slam her booty into you on christmas eve

HUH

i'm going to assume you mean 'slam her booty into your face' and that you missed a few letters

wait can i actually get that ushanka for visor?

just going to HUH around Sarnath all lonely like