/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #683

''Trust nobody, not even yourself'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>leakanon confirms pricefield sequel
>SE has Zak kill amberprice for maximum profits

My girlfriend banned me from playing these games but she's played them all. Why?

I'm not allowed to watch lets plays either and our steam account is shared

get raped, ambernkike

Chloe is #1

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

They will bait you and kill pricefield too

I don't trust them to put my heart into Pricefield again

She's protecting you.

Let's assume that everything in the game is the creator's fault, and that no meddling caused it.
Unfortunately, unless Zak confesses that he was meddled with by Square-Enix, we can only assume that the work was his studio's fault.

What was done right?
What was done wrong?
What should have been added?
What should have been removed?
What lessons can we learn from Zak's sub-par work?

A L W A Y S

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

I am disgusted a brown person is creepily attached to something as pure as Pricefield

>What lessons can we learn from Zak's sub-par work?
how about not letting the 2nd protagonist rachel out of half the episode. chloe & rachel together are what makes this game so great

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

That's a very valid lesson. If a character is VERY IMPORTANT to the work as a whole, they should NOT be removed from the most dramatic part of the work.
The final battle should have been Chloe and Rachel working together to beat Damon and save Sera.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

How happy would you be if Zak was brutally mugged and killed and his girlfriend or female family member was raped by a street gang

I think I'd cry with happiness.

have your parents already signed a form to administer you into a conversion camp, dyke?

>They will bait you and kill pricefield too

How? Pricefield is already canon and the game has ended. They already officially announced that Farewell is going to be the last time we'll see these characters, which is just gonna be some fluff bonus episode without any actual plot happening that we don't already know of. Also, they never baited Amberpricefags, it's not their fault these people are so delusional they don't understand what a prequel is.

Reminder that all anti amberprice and ep 3 supporting is the Turk

Report and ignore

>They already officially announced that Farewell is going to be the last time we'll see these character

They changed the wording from "for the last time you..." to "may very well be the last time you..."
+ leakanon confirming the pricefield sequel

You are a retard if you trust Michel

>trusting leakers ever
>trusting leakanon after his equivalent of 'Custer's Last Stand' in failing to realize what was happening

To be fair I think he said they're *considering* doing a post S1 not that it will indeed happen or something.

>"may very well be the last time you..."
If they had in any way intended to work on a sequel with Chloe and Max, why use this wording at all?

>that strand of saliva
holy fuck

oh la la i can't wait to make chloe even more miserable

Haven't been to this general in months. What happened? Last I was here, this was Pricefield territory through and through. Is there a whole new bunch of posters who came here with BtS and all the original LiS fans left?

Just some things for episode 3 off the top of my head:
> What was done right
Start of the episode
Scene in Rachel's room
William scenes
Blue hair streak sequence
Hospital sequence

> What was done wrong
Pacing
Transition between junkyard and hospital
Anything Eliot-related
Damon confrontation 1 & 2
Frank killing main bad guy off screen
Anything Sera-related
James turning bad, no good, I mean bad

> What should have been added
Rachel should have been with Chloe for most of the episode
Morning after at the Amber house instead of cutting from dream to Chloe climbing through her window
Supernatural plotline
Actual choices that matter
Actually have that intimacy counter mean something more than a kiss on the cheek and 1 or 2 lines in the finale
Narrative cohesion

> What should have been removed
less

> What kessons can we learn
When it comes to anything LiS, whoever is in charge of it will find some way to fuck it up by the end.

Pricefield is ruined if a shitskin likes it

I don't want to share a ship with some smelly muslim

>What happened
There's this crazy dyke who harassed Michel on twitter and is also a rampaging amberfag, speaking of which, there's or was a whole LEGION of those and they all succked Zak's cock cause "muh retcon" but now feel betrayed cause he did not pander to their delusions and are currently on suicide watch.

isn't being gay haram

I hated amberprice while I played lis
I hated pricefield while I played bts

Now I have to wait for farewell before I can switch back again

>What was done right
I agree with this.

>What was wrong
Eliot would have probably been better if we had had more episodes to set him up as what he was. But he went from friendly guy to slightly clingy friendly guy to stalking you.

As to Damon, both Damon confrontations should have had input from Chloe somehow. Regardless, I believe that Rachel's injuries should have ultimately been superficial (or she'd sneak out of the hospital to join Chloe on the rest of the plot; obviously Frank can get stabbed closer to the heart and just ignore his injuries anyway)
Chloe not freezing in the second encounter, if we kept the first encounter the same way, would have been a great way to show Chloe's change towards a more worldweary character who is used to conflict.

Damon should have been slain or beaten on screen, but that's a given.

The line about James getting her back into Blackwell should have been cut unless he could get her back into Blackwell. We could believe her getting expelled again later, really. To be fair, James should have just had SUPERVISED VISITATION from the start, and Rachel would know her bio mom and be like 'holy shit you're a waste of life', and then the plot wouldn't have happened anyway.

>choices that actually matter
Taking the picture from David should have counted for something other than making me feel good for being nice to David.

Well, I do feel for amberfags. That ending must've been brutal if you actually cared about Rachel. That said, it's kind of their fault for getting attached to a character they knew was destined to die no matter what.

Men can't be harassed

I'd be sad as it wasn't entirely Zak's fault and the first 2 episodes were absolute kino. Michyl though , i would do anything to see that ugly ginger and his imagination get raped and murdered while Spanish Sahara plays in the background.

i'm sure you would, dyke

Traitors deserve the worst death

And he's a traitor regardless. Either he buckled to square and let them destroy ep 3

He could have been a hero and leaked the real ending and told everyone that square was doing even if it cost him his job or a lawsuit

Or it was all his own doing and he baited amberpricers

He's a coward

You're a fat shitskin from a 3rd world country
I'm still winning you obese cockroach

At least episode 3 had its moments.

>Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

When they say "early 2018", you guys think this indicates a longer or shorter wait time than the average 2 months per episode?
I REALLY want to finally let go of this fucking game and forget about it, but I obviously can't do that until they have twisted the knife one last time.

What are you even talking about? Did you not play the original game? Rachel was dead in LiS. BtS was a prequel to LiS. Where did they bait you?

>I'm still winning
Sorry, what happends in your deranged mind doesn't count, schizo-dyke.

Who knows, maybe Leakanon was actually Zak in disguise. If so, he's a hero and doesn't deserve death. But Michyl Cuuck deserves to die regardless .

> Damon
I still can't believe the only backtalk in episode three is one of the smallest in all of BtS and it's with Eliot (calling the cops on him). And succedding in it doesn't really matter in the slightest.

I really thought, even though Chloe getting pwnd made sense, that there would be a big backtalk with Damon for the end. Maybe just distracting him for Frank. Anything but what we got for that sequence really.

> James' line
You only get that when you actually get expelled. That didn't bother me as much because you could just explain it with 'Wells refused' or 'it just didn't work out'.

> choices
David's photo just shows how meaningless some things in that episode are.Take that photo and feel good?
Ending cutscene is slightly different but David still does a 180 by the time LiS happens.
Tell Rachel the truth, burn any bridge with David and Joyce, leaving no reason for the protags to stay in AB?
Doesn't matter, cutscenes change slightly, everything still leads to LiS.

I was honestly suprised just how many secondary dialogue choices didn't matter. Junkyard confrontation plays out the same no matter what, Eliot plays out the same no matter what, Mill confrontation plays out the same no matter what.

What happened Zak?

So, what do you think? If our past selves saw us, would they praise us?

I decided that bts is better than lis

Bts should have been the first game and max should be the one dead in the junkyard

And I played lis first and liked max u til I played bts

> Backtalk
Almost forgot, there's another one with Drew where you steal his pudding. That adds almost nothing to the story though.

But what you think is the better game and what should have been doesn't change reality. LiS WAS the first game and Rachel was always destined to die in BtS. They didn't bait you at all with the ending. In fact, it's what everyone was expecting from day 1. Granted, they could have done it in a classier and more subtle way, but still.

>my past self finds out she gets to transition to female in the future

She might die of happiness lmao

>stealing drew's pudding
the most fucking evil thing you can do in BtS...
Other than agreeing to continue lying to Rachel

And you can only even get that if he's the one injured in episode 2

Fuck off. It's fiction. It should be changed rather than respecting some fake "destiny"

No one makes good game endings anymore, it's all murder death tragedy for fetishistic edgelords

It's a prequel. The reason why I hated the very idea of BtS was because I knew it could only end in tragedy. So I decided to ignore it. But if I had played it, I wouldn't blame the devs for doing what everyone always knew they would do in the end, just because I grew attached to Rachel.

> the most evil fucking thing
Now that I think about it can you actually get Victoria to play Prospera in the Tempest play? (assuming you didn't take the blame at the start if Ep2).
Or does Rachel always get the role back in some way or another?

People ITT remind me it was the right choice to file fake rape charges against my ex boyfriend

You DO realize you're talking with the lunatic from pic related, right? She's too far gone into her own imagination to be able to operate on facts and reality, any reasonable discussion with her is a pointless waste of time and effort.

rachel always gets her role back
choice matter btw

>conversation about a fucking pudding has a backtalk challange
>conversation with Sera doesn't

10/10

You can't make his shit up.

>>feminazis
>>shit ending

0/10

Poor Mikey, friends with two gorgeous, awesome lesbians neither of which is or can be interested in him.

At least when he finally crushes on someone that isn't one of them, if that ever happens, he'll have two older sisters to give him ton of advice on how to get the girl .

Sorry but as rabid as she is. It's more disgusting that you push misogyny under the rug. And I'm a guy.

And you're from a patriarchal sexist country. Turkey.

Kys rapist turk
If Rachel was male you would care

Not him, but stop pretending this has anything to do with misogyny when just minutes earlier the same person wrote "and max should be the one dead in the junkyard "

Let's count then...
Ep 1:
> Bouncer
> David
> DnD Intimidate
> Drew v Nathan
> Stealing wine

Ep 2:
> Principle Wells
> Pressing Frank for info
> Skip
> Victoria in the dressing room
> Dinner at Amber House

Ep 3:
> Eliot
> Drew's pudding

Lemme know if I missed any but this seems pretty clear already.

>Scene in Rachel's room
Was good but not perfect. Specifically everything but the dialogue (the stars, Chloe doing whatever it takes for Rachel, exploring Rachel's room) was perfect but the dialogue really felt off. It wasn't as heartfelt and romantic and just good as the dialogue in previous romantic scenes and it kind of felt off.

forgot principle wells in ep 1 with the "high risk" thing

Did you play Life is Strange? Why did you play the PREQUEL to Life is Strange thinking it would retcon the original game?

There's a backtalk for Wells in episode 1 as well

D&D scene with Mikey in Ep 3, if he's the one injured, where you convince him to sacrifice you and save himself.

Alternate universe isn't retcon since there remains a specific combination of events which leads into season 1. But every choice creates a different outcome and not all those outcomes would lead to season 1, that's the point of choice based game.

sweet butthurt of amberfags, warming me in such cold days in motherland russia

As far as I know, Victoria doses herself on drugs deliberately due to an anxiety attack if Rachel loses her part because you fail to do what Chloe would do and take the blame for Rachel

I know you're probably trolling but a good amount of Russia doesn't even get that cold in winter.

Not really. It was never marketed as an alternative universe story but as a prequel to LiS about Chloe's past. Not an alternate universe Chloe, but the Chloe we know from LiS. Thus the idea of this prequel was always that whatever choices you made were exactly the choices that lead to LiS season 1.

In Moscow it usually rather cold in december, near -20

It doesn't have to be "marketed" (like that means anything, it also wasn't marketed as a lesbian romance) for it to be true, BtS is full of mutually exclusive choices that can't both be in Chloe's past.

No, Chloe can either convince Victoria to drop the role out of anxiety or you can encourage her, resulting in Victoria happily hugging Chloe, while Rachel drugs her tea. It actually portrays Rachel in a weirdly negative light

Oh yea, the one where you walk on stage. I don't think a lot of people got that one. It's about as useful as the pudding backtalk. Although at least you can say it didn't replace anything that could have been needed more.

I think Victoria takes them in certain quantity to relax, not to purposefully fall unconscious before the play. The only outcome where Victoria doesn't get drugged and passes out is if you discourage her via backtalk in the dressing room, if you Rachel takes the blame and gets booted by Wells.

Aх јa љyбим Mocквy

True. Still only 2 for Ep 3 since you can only get one or the other depending on who got injured.

Зa MКAДoм жизни нeт!

>you can encourage her
brb, I've got to go set the flagstones for my favorite crack pairing

constants and variables. None of those mutually exclusive choices can prevent Rachel's death it seems. When Max hides Williams car keys in episode 4, she completely changes Chloe's past to the point where Chloe and Rachel never even meet, yet Rachel still disappears and pressumably ends up dead anyway.

> 6 backtalks in Ep. 1
> 5 backtalks in Ep. 2
> 2 backtalks in Ep. 3

Looks like nothing was cut after all.

Does it though? The game never seems to acknowledge that what Rachel did was wrong. It portrays drugging as a bad thing when it's done by Victoria, but its all a big laugh when it's done by Rachel.

Rachel looks like she should be saying "Seven days!" here.

Max didn’t have reception down in the bunker in S1. The Dark Room shows Rachel’s phone receiving a call.

not him, but if she was, i would, i just do not sympathize with bitches.

Sick! Get that filthy whore off of Chloe. She's contaminated with STDs.