/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUNXo4mUiJY
discord.gg/FSc2ZB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Steve is fun and strong

Just watch the replays and see what buttons he pressed :))))

play kazuya

This game makes me consider suicide everytime I play it

>arcade has better hair mods
it's not fair

Doesn't matter, whatever he press, its too fast to react to, and everything counter hits into some sort of combo.
I just give up and let them have 1 round, then leave

Jin's strings and transitions make him particularly good at getting free CHs. You've just gotta learn and recognise his strings and know how to punish according where possible. He's a character that you need match-up knowledge to beat. Jin players like to use moves that can 50/50 into his low sweeps because they give full launch so Id prioritise learning how to see them coming.

Also remember that his RA is a high so you can duck it and the third attack in his RD, the forward jump kick, is also a high so you can duck that after blocking his two punches and then either stand back up to block the final mid punch or punish the flying kick if you have a fast WS.

>throw an EWGF for no reason
>It connects
>70 damage combo

Lol mishimas are cheap

I just realized that i've never seen Jins RA. I never got him low enough.
So i NEED match-up knowledge to beat him, but at the same time, he doesn't need match-up knowledge to beat me?

but muh execution

>So i NEED match-up knowledge to beat him, but at the same time, he doesn't need match-up knowledge to beat me?

Unfortunately, yes. Tekken is balanced, but I wouldn't say it's fair. Some characters get away with shit others can't and this is why Tekken is a game the requires big time investment and determination to learn.

Alright, thanks man.
Unfortunately i have over 2hrs of playtime, so i can't refund the game.

how dare people block your 5 snake edges in a row

>fullcrouch mixup.
What moves should I be using in FC? I have a bad habit of just going for d/f1 until they exit range then do WS moves. I know he has apparently amazing crouch options but I have no idea which to be using especially since they mostly pale in comparison to d/b1

>throw an EWGF for no reason
>It connects
If it connected there was a reason. Either you are mashing buttons, were in a negative situation but pressing buttons, whiffed, or aren't blocking. You getting hit was your fault.

I'm not sure what it is, but does Heihachi kinda look shitty in t7?

so why the fuck are fight sticks and hitboxes so expensive? aren't they just controllers with more plastic?

Yeah. And controllers are already expensive.

a ps4 controller is like 60$. why is a hitbox 200$?

Because they can ask for that price. Build your own and save money.

God damn it.

I played him to vanquisher. that's enough for a while

By now you must be used to buying games without knowing anything about them and then finding they're too difficult, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

lmao

Asuka frustrates the fuck out of me. She gets away with so much shit it's unbelievable. Her only redeeming quality is that she forces me to practice Chicken and then the pay-off is an Asuka declining the rematch because their parry isn't helping them win anymore.

>Practice chicken
Does your character not have a good elbow or knee move? I lose to Asuka because I don't know her strings well, the reversal is a meme.

I like playing Josie. It makes it so if I ever run into some faggot trying to unga me to death, I can unga them harder right back.

I play Lee. Off the top of my head his hopkick is a knee but that's it.

Which stick should I purchase between the Panthera, Obsidian, and Omni (or some other choice)?

Which one do you think looks the best? They have the same parts so it pretty much boils down to their looks.

>why is x overpriced
Because autists still buy it

Since the Pantheras were $99 on Black Friday I think you should be able to find one for $150 or less on Craigslist or eBay. For that price they are the clear winner. Throw a Crown 309MJ with a mid-weight grommet in that bitch and you've got a godly stick.

I love the Obsidian and it's the best choice for a stock stick, GameStop has the Pantera $50 off if you wanna save money, and the Omni is best if you wanna mod the stick later.

Is the Omni worth the $50 shipping compared to the Obsidian and Panthera tho ?

>its another "stupid faggot uses gimmicks no one ever uses until you figure them out and then leaves"

>ps4 controllers
>myriads of companies in competition
>made in their millions
>hitboxes
>made by 1 or 2 small companies
>basically made to order
>hurr why 1 cost more than other?

Only if you plan to mod it. Obsidian is not built for easy modding and while the Pantera is the Omni is better for Korean stick mounting to my knowledge.

>its another "fight an opponent until i figure out how to beat them" episode

ftfy

You say that like a launcher isn't more than enough

what other characters are light on strings like Paul

Thank you everyone. I think I'm leaning more towards the Panthera since I'm planning on modding it and I don't really want to pay $50 for shipping. Thank you for your input.

CoD

If you can block Snake Edges you're a god to me desu, nearly 300 hours and ive blocked exactly one without guessing

Maruduk had a ground throw that threw you up for a full combo.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUNXo4mUiJY

>ow kids can't deal with panda
what a reveal

So why is Lars considered so shit?

You'll make it bro, promise. I also thought it was impossible but if you really really really focus you can get it. The problem is it takes a lot of attention and I can't keep that level of concentration all round. So basically I can't block them on auto pilot, I have to be fully concentrated to react to them

>Unseeable sweep
Wow
>Back dashing only makes him more powerful
Jesus you are retarded, have you ever tried sidestepping?

Literally who

apparently two pro overwatch players from spain, can't confirm it though

>some spanish ow apes
literally who?

kek

My friend plays Jin and all he does is ff4 into either db4, f4, or 4.
Or sometimes he does two ff4s in a row and keeps it going.
ALL the time. I'm tired of having to guess, what do I do to counter that?

SSR

>pro overwatch players
uh-huh

benisjab

Will do. Hopefully he doesn't know hopkick beats it because he love to spam that

How do I Steve?

Learn his
>punishes
>pokes
>launchers
>cancels to make moves safe
>combos
After that, get acquainted with his stances.

Do nothing but b1, df2~f3, and altf4 the whole match

>thought I had finally settled on a main
>find that I enjoy playing other character and I'm in doubt again

when does this stop I just want to git gud with one guy

Why are there no famous Korean players maining Ling?

You don't need a main

Sodam

mokujin when?

Thanks I'll check him out

Go on Veeky Forums a lot to cry 'woe is me, it's sooo hard being a stevebro'.

Because he's considered mid-low tier at the absolute highest levels of play, and plays with a fundamentally different toolkit to everyone else and therefore lacks a few big tools (in exchange for a few unique to him), you need to whine, bitch and moan to everyone you can how much SUFFERING it is.
Under no circumstances should you ever come to terms with the fact that you're 1000 wins in green not because it's so unfair playing Steve, but because you're a mediocre player.
Boom, character mastered

Wecka/Weka too.

How come there's never been a Mokujin tournament?

I wanna see Knee start picking random select characters in tourneys.

Mash your safe on block everything followed by counterhit launcher. If you happen to get outplayed, blame the character and come here to complain. If anyone disagrees, keep repeating Steve's weaknesses without mentioning any of his strengths. Be sure to remind everyone that your character is THE hardest to play in the game, even when he's obviously not.

>I want to see Knee drown in pools
dont be so evil, user

memes aside, it's really hard to open people up with steve if they're turtling

Is keepout the way to go for tournaments?

Can't wait for the updated tournament tier list now that PS4 got the patch

Can't wait for more Nina in tournaments

>main Claudio
>want to seriously learn the game and honestly improve
>attempt to do long sets with people in order to get match up knowledge
>instead just end up getting memed on, taunted,and disrespected because “muh hopkick function”
>I don’t even use it that often because it’s so easily punished

I just want to learn the game. :(

>fast unblockable
>command throws/throw mixups
>many +strings and moves
>access to backsways, high/low crushes and evasive moves to counter any form of retaliation
>not terrible hard lows

Nigger Steve is great when you put the other guy on the ropes

Try asking for matches in the discord

He has unblockable setups and his lows aren't as terrible as the Stevebro autists here want us to believe. Of course winning with Steve is complicated if your opponent isn't a retard that mashes to get out of pressure, but the same can be said for pretty much every other character.

How the fuck are you supposed to do clean kbds on pad?

Not him, how do i access the discord

If you don't know then maybe you should stay out.

b,b,db,b,n,b,db,b,n,b,db,b.....

discord.gg/FSc2ZB4

get a stick, mah nigga.

holy shit story mode is garbage

on the other hand isn't doing kbd on the stick tiring as af

Not at all.

>played on a 5 bar for the first time
God, everything is easier to react to

same as pad.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF DEMON FLIP ONCE YOUR OPPONENT KNOWS TO SIDE STEP FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK AAAAAHHHH MY GIMMICKS ARENT WORKING ANYMORE AND THIS MOVE IS FUCKING USELESSSS AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(You)

>lose a bunch
>want to pm opponent he’s a faggot
>destroy someone a bunch
>want to pm them tips so they can improve

Am I a bad person? I’m working on my salt issue rn

>matchmaking says 4 bars
>in game its 3 bars

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>Same rank opponent
>Wifi so bad it goes to fucking 1 bar during the match
>Literal slideshow
>Opponent seems to play fine

Wifi users should be stoned

Why is the electric considered a particularly good whiff punisher? Many characters have easier launchers that do the same thing, some even mids so the punish doesn't whiff if the opponent recovers in a weird position. Plus the electric doesn't have a particularly impressive range like deathfist for example.

Even if it's blocked you're at advantage

been fighting kazumi with heihachi for 3 hours now. idk how to beat her. i just spam 1+2 until she is about to ult and then she just one shots me and i have to restart.