/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Gave a name to Moon Presence: >New players read this finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/ Resource, Builds & Mechanics Guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations and gem setups:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gem spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (if you want early T3 runes, wheel, chikage, or burial blade)

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
youtube.com/watch?v=AY_J6GKLTcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice edition

>Letter
>God tier
Its mediocre without 31.5 blood gems.

gay edition

FRC IHYLL
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
glyph is cmpa9xr9
pass is cubic

Editions are gay

People above and below this post are GAY

Lake rune looks a hell of a lot like Irish Ogham, gonna try and see if it translates to anything

I'm not gay, I'm just a faggot.

>Ogham
God speed. I remember how cool it was when we discovered the symbol for mercury hidden in the Oedon Writhe.

Wait, what was this and when did this happen? I must have missed this.

>Dreaming hunters are all tools of the MP.
Source? As far as I know Great Ones are sympathetic.

>Shit, if we go even further you can look at deeper lore theories that state MP created the curse of beasthood to punish the Pthumerians for breaking their sacred contracts. Remember afterall, Beasts are a curse, and a curse is a shackle. MP shackled the Pthumerians.
Source?

waiting on 1 more

>Source? As far as I know Great Ones are sympathetic.
Except MP is clearly tormenting Gherman and is the most obvious source of the Beasthood Curse. Not all are nice guys.
>Source?
Look into it more. Ring of Betrothal, Bastard of Loran. Moon Presence cursed them with beasthood when they sired children outside of the special contract of the Ring of Betrothal. Remember, culturally, the Moon is thought to have a governing power over reproduction through menstruation, Moon Presence being concerned with sacred childbearing rituals and whatnot would make plenty of sense. Not only that but the game goes on to make further connections between the Moon and reproduction.

>"When the red moon hangs low, the line between man and beast is blurred. And when the Great Ones descend, a womb will be blessed with child."

I've got no good gems yet, just some I got in regular non root chalices so far. Weapons are HMLS set up with arc and nourishings for beams/l2 and a wheel set up with nourishings and psych. I'm running 25/50 str/arc and just finished story chalices today.

The problem is length of strokes, I don't know if they determine specific letters, if letters they be.

You can get ᚅᚄᚒ, resembling Lake, which is the letters 'n,s,u', in one interpretation. You could divide the one-sided strokes on Lake a bunch of ways, in ones, twos, threes and more. Lake has 9 one-sided strokes, so you could get a mix of stuff using the letters u with b,l,f,s,n. Ogham is also read bottom to top, so you need to decide how to flip Lake, as well. U could be the last or first letter.

Miyazaki's killing me here.

LAYER ONE REPORT
>for fucks sake this is identical to the flat arc radial farming chalice
>lots of saw spear tryhards, all bullied
>methheads who kept almost killing me
>succboi chilling in a hole
>no loot other than a sage hair from a chest guardian
>we still need 1 more
, ringing at l2 now

Worth farming lumpy on defiled chalice layer 3 for phys gems before shadows y/n?

It's wild the sort of details he puts in.

You heard about how they recently managed to read the engravings on Titanite Slabs right? Or how Tombstones in Hemwick Lane have Polish text on them?

Total madman.

Would it be possible for the "u" to be translated as "o" and "a?"
I also remember the Gravelord Translation that someone did.

I'll SRRCin.

If you haven't reached Lighthouse Hut in the DLC, sure. There's a Watcher near the layer 1 lever too

>Except MP is clearly tormenting Gherman and is the most obvious source of the Beasthood Curse.
The Dream needs a host and Gehrman is the one who summoned the moon and became the first Hunter. The Dream's purpose is to end the scourge of beasts so if Moon Moon is somehow causing the beast curse then it's trying to minimize the damage.

>Moon Presence cursed them with beasthood when they sired children outside of the special contract of the Ring of Betrothal.
>Moon Presence being concerned with sacred childbearing rituals and whatnot would make plenty of sense. Not only that but the game goes on to make further connections between the Moon and reproduction.
Same can be said about Oedon, there's even that one theory about Eldritch Truth being the Great One of Pthumerian times.

Not too shabby for having shitgems tbqh

If you have trouble beating them yes?
I mean you shouldn't have any trouble but any time spent in the early chalices are just wasted.

Wow, it didn't take an year and a half to connect. I'm impressed.

>You heard about how they recently managed to read the engravings on Titanite Slabs right? Or how Tombstones in Hemwick Lane have Polish text on them?
I did not, what do the slabs actually say? And I always thought the tombstones had gibberish, never knew it was Polish, who found that?

>Would it be possible for the "u" to be translated as "o" and "a?"
Not a bad idea, but the problem is the lack of vowels elsewhere forming a coherent word. I'm using just direct transliteration from the Latin alphabet, if there's an actual translation, a real word here, I'm not scholar enough to find such a thing. I could barely handle modern Irish in school let alone archaic medieval Irish in spooky alien letters.

>The Dream's purpose is to end the scourge of beasts so if Moon Moon is somehow causing the beast curse then it's trying to minimize the damage.
Yes. I agree. Because MP doesn't hold ill will towards to distant descendants of the Pthumerians. That's probably why it decided to help Gherman out with the dream and everything.
>But you said he's tormenting Gherman! Not Helping!
It's both. He shared a goal with Gherman in that they wanted to handle the beast plague, but Gherman didn't really count on being eternally imprisoned in the dream.
>Same can be said about Oedon
Not really user. Do you really think WEREWOLVES relate to somebody other than MOON PRESENCE? Shit, we even have design cues to work with. MP shares it's ribcage design with Loran Silverbeasts. MP is by far the most "bestial" Great One in terms of behavior and sound in it's bossfight.

>I did not, what do the slabs actually say?
They basically recount the story of the world. Empty and grey, then hot and cold and a war against dragons etc. No revelations, but it IS interesting.
>And I always thought the tombstones had gibberish, never knew it was Polish, who found that?
Some guy in reddit ages ago. We don't know exactly what it says, but he was able to prove pretty conclusively that it was polish text.

>Normal summon sign just says SUN IS WONDERFUL

Maybe it doesn't need to form a coherent word, maybe it's an anagram.

>MP is by far the most "bestial" Great One in terms of behavior and sound in it's bossfight.
NO
GREAT
ONE
BEAST
GLYPH

I'm still doing pretty shit damage though, guess it's because it calculated split DMG together to get that 616. Looking forward to getting some good gems. I'm kinda liking the beams though so I might just get some arc gems for it instead and keep it as a beam machine.

>Yes. I agree. Because MP doesn't hold ill will towards to distant descendants of the Pthumerians. That's probably why it decided to help Gherman out with the dream and everything.
Source?

>It's both. He shared a goal with Gherman in that they wanted to handle the beast plague, but Gherman didn't really count on being eternally imprisoned in the dream.
Still doesn't mean it's evil. We just can't comprehend them, Mergo tried to ascend Mensis but fried their brains, Kos ascended Rom but now it's retarded, Brain gave Wisdom to those corpses in front of him but also killed them with frenzy. They may be sympathetic but it doesn't mean they are good or evil, saying Nyarlahotep inspired Moon Presence is wrong and I will keep saying so until some Miyazaki quote proves me wrong.

>Do you really think WEREWOLVES relate to somebody other than MOON PRESENCE? Shit, we even have design cues to work with. MP shares it's ribcage design with Loran Silverbeasts. MP is by far the most "bestial" Great One in terms of behavior and sound in it's bossfight.
I don't see how WEREWOLVES relate to childbirth.

Anyone want company?

Come to my bedroom for a Christmas present

help with defiled Amy. please. Pass is bbg.

>Source?
Why do I need to source common sense?
>Still doesn't mean it's evil
Yes it does. He understands us enough to know what we want and don't want.
>Brain gave Wisdom to those corpses in front of him but also killed them with frenzy.
I'm actually pretty sure the brain is the one that fried all the mensis brains. They were using Mergo in a ritual to try to beckon MP and ask HIM for ascension.
>I don't see how WEREWOLVES relate to childbirth.
Well first of all, I can make the argument here that MP made people into Beasts as punishment for their failure to adhere to the contracts and rules they agreed to follow. Do you follow the logic? Break a sacred contract, become a mindless beast as punishment.

But my main argument actually hinges on something much more real and much more straight forward: Werewolves in Bloodborne MUST be related to Moon Presence, the connection between lycanthropy and the moon is too major to ignore.

Amy's tail isn't that long.

SRRCing.

no
im not struggling
im just breaking the pace of the game and doing fun stuff like chalices
are the winter lantern gems superior until FRCs?

Boss fight Amy also doesn't have tentacles coming out of her mouth

Possibly, but there is a lack of vowels and a lot of combinations that could only have two vowels and potentially a lot of letters. There could be hidden vowels that only become apparent upon formation of a certain word. But this is getting into a dark and terrible autism I'm not sure I'm capable of on Christmas Eve. I also doubt it really does say anything other than just looking cool and weird. Might pick it back up some day, though, the resemblance to Ogham is uncanny.

You were both fucking great thank you so much!

sorry i drew it from memory

THANK YOU

Thanks for having me, though I didn't do much. Should've swapped to my Pick character.

>are the winter lantern gems superior until FRCs?
Yes but not worth farming since you get 18%'s at mensis.
>doing fun stuff like chalices
Story chalices are not fun, ok?

Iirc they're both 22.3%, but Winter Lantern gems can fit in any gem slot while the Watcher's can only fit in Radials excluding OoS

still man, cunts dead thats all that matters

LAYER TWO REPORT
>2 yellow backbones
>2 saw spear tryhards and a cannon giant in the same room
>more dangerous methheads
>an invader with the longest range bloodletter i have ever seen
>so many red metheads
>I get counterhit by 3 rats at the same time and instakilled
>buddy gets the succ
>boss is keeper, gets rekt

>Why do I need to source common sense?
Because it's not common sense, it's a fan theory made for a game with loose lore designed to give room for people to make their own stories.

>Yes it does. He understands us enough to know what we want and don't want.
Source?

>I'm actually pretty sure the brain is the one that fried all the mensis brains. They were using Mergo in a ritual to try to beckon MP and ask HIM for ascension.
>This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains.

>Well first of all, I can make the argument here that MP made people into Beasts as punishment for their failure to adhere to the contracts and rules they agreed to follow. Do you follow the logic? Break a sacred contract, become a mindless beast as punishment.
Are there any indications that Moon Presence was the one to curse blood to cause beasthood that does not come from your personal lore? I can also connect Oedon to the curse by saying he exists as echoes of blood and atract vermin to spread corrupted blood to have more heirs, or I can connect it to Kos because after her defiled she cursed all of those with blood to be forever trapped in her Nighmare. Until you give me in game proof that the Moon caused the beast scourge everything we say will be just OC.

>Yahar'gul gank squad
>third guy pulls out a lightning storm as soon as I enter the Gaol's lamp area
>some guy's naked with claws
>some cunt has a cannon
>mfw oneshot
What
What
What

Want a hand?

It's cool man, I'll figure out a way to cheese them myself.
What the fuck happened since the moon hit there anyway, were those skeleton carriages and creepy architeture there before?

That level changes after you kill Rom. If you go there earlier it'll be filled with kidnappers and dogs, and a couple witches. You can kite the gank squad back to the lamp and R2 them through the wall for easy cheese.

>Source?
Are you fucking kidding me? You think Great Ones are somehow beyond OUR comprehensions but that they ALSO don't understand us? Even though they're known to reach out and help when called upon? They clearly understand us and that means they know what we might want or not want.
>This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains.
Many people believe the brain was stillborn and that this is a translation issue. The JP text supports this idea, though I don't recall the direct translation of the JP.
>Are there any indications that Moon Presence was the one to curse blood to cause beasthood that does not come from your personal lore?
Beasthood is considered a curse. Angry Great Ones deal in curses.
> can also connect Oedon to the curse by saying he exists as echoes of blood and atract vermin to spread corrupted blood to have more heirs, or I can connect it to Kos because after her defiled she cursed all of those with blood to be forever trapped in her Nighmare.
Those theories are retarded because they ignore the strongest evidence in the whole story: MOONS AND WEREWOLVES ARE UNDENIABLY TIED TO ONE ANOTHER. You don't have any argument that can refute or rebutt the relevance of this fact.
> Until you give me in game proof that the Moon caused the beast scourge
I did. Moon is related to reproduction in-game and in real life. Ring of Betrothal is about reproduction too. Bastard of Loran shows that bastard children were the focus of the anger of a Great One. A Bastard child would be a violation of a RoB contract. Angry Great Ones use curses. Beasthood is a curse. Werewolves are innately tied to the Moon in real world lore. Don't you fucking see it? MP fits as the reason for the cursed bastards AND as a common sense "Moon = Werewolves" way. The pieces all fit.

Yeah HMLS may be kinda slow but it makes my dick diamond hard. I'd go full laz0r mode considering you've 50 ARC.

I'll reboot real quick since it's been 10 minutes and i still cannot find resonance.

>kidnappers
Wait those corpses littering the streets were them? I miss having an easy 1K echoes in the cathedral ward

Yes. If you get killed by a kidnapper before the blood moon (ie before you kill Rom) they'll transport you to Yahar'gul. This lets you explore part of the level early, open a couple shortcuts, and meet an NPC.

You can get behind the tiny tonitrus hunter by WALKING down the stairs on the left. If you're NG you should be able to kill him with some wake up hits, then the beast claws hunter will show up and usually get rekt in a few hits since he's the one with the least HP. Good luck with the cannon spear hunter, he can be quite the asshole.

>He doesn't have 99 insight at all times

I gotta go, now. Gonna drive hom for Christmas dinner.

>Are you fucking kidding me? You think Great Ones are somehow beyond OUR comprehensions but that they ALSO don't understand us? Even though they're known to reach out and help when called upon? They clearly understand us and that means they know what we might want or not want.
Source?

>Many people believe the brain was stillborn and that this is a translation issue. The JP text supports this idea, though I don't recall the direct translation of the JP.
>I have no evidence but please trust me on this

>Beasthood is considered a curse. Angry Great Ones deal in curses.
But where does it says it was specifically Moon Presence to cause the curse?

>Those theories are retarded because they ignore the strongest evidence in the whole story: MOONS AND WEREWOLVES ARE UNDENIABLY TIED TO ONE ANOTHER. You don't have any argument that can refute or rebutt the relevance of this fact.
OEDON AND CHILDBIRTH ARE UNDENIABLY TIED TO ONE ANOTHER. You don't have any argument that can refute or rebutt the relevance of this fact.
KOS AND BLOOD CURSES ARE UNDENIABLY TIED TO ONE ANOTHER. You don't have any argument that can refute or rebutt the relevance of this fact.
As I said, every lore theory is OC. And you missed the point of those examples, I made them up so you realize how you sound like to me, all you're doing is throwing random "facts" when the game is made to be openly interpreted and my objective here is not to confirm or deny MP as the cause of the curse but to deny that it was directly inspired by Nyarlahotep.

I cant afford to be that woke.

>Source?
It's like you're trying to trigger me. If you don't know the lore, don't try to discuss it.

>I have no evidence but please trust me on this
You can look into it if you want. Not my fault your ignorance of the situation is becoming clear.
>But where does it says it was specifically Moon Presence to cause the curse?
It doesn't. It's clearly implied by all the evidence.
>OEDON AND CHILDBIRTH ARE UNDENIABLY TIED TO ONE ANOTHER
Not on the level of Werewolves and Moons user. One is a pillar of popular culture and the other is a lore rule established within a single game. Also, it's possible Oedon cucked Moon Presence and that's why MP got so fucking crazy angry at the Pthumerians. Queen Yharnam was meant to bear MP's child but Oedon snuck in there and fucked things up. So that's how he ties into the situation and even a possible motivation for MP sending Hunters to stop the Mensis ritual. It might just want the unsanctioned bastard child DEAD.

Sorry user, your ignorance is too enormous for this conversation to have any continued worth. Wallow in your ignorance if you want.

cya Jordan
Meadows are you stil ringing?

Yeah. Vigorously.

Seeing as we're a member down and I need to take some codeine I think i'll postpone this one for a while, will try to finish in a few hours

K. Get well soon though

>he keeps ignoring arguments and nitpicking what the can to make himself look smart without actually giving evidence to support his claims

The discussion was never about lore, it's about Nyarlahotep and Moon Presence. The lore aspects were just to see if Moon Presence actually has a moral code and if can be classified as good or evil like Nyarlahotep can.
Your arguments linking the Moon to pregnancy and beasthood were interesting but still not sufficient to overwrite other theories, in game relevance is more important than pop culture inside the game world, otherwise there wouldn't be any story at all since these things can't happen in reality as far as we know.

need some help for BSB, got a bad headcold and I ran out of paper and cocktails. Ringing in front of her room with password bbgen

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
Follow this guide, anonkun!

>it's about Nyarlahotep and Moon Presence
No it's not. That's a completely different issue. This is about one guy who wanted me to explain my theory about MP. You're getting mixed up here. We stopped discussing Lovecraft in the previous thread.

> in game relevance is more important than pop culture inside the game world
Good thing the Moon Presence roars and howls like a beast and the Loran Silverbeasts feature an identical ribcage design and even have their faces at a weird angle that sort of resembles MP's face. Good thing Beast Embrace run resembles Moon Presence as it EMBRACES the hunter in two of the three endings.

I don't even agree with your premise about ingame mattering more though. That would only be the case if there was overwhelming evidence for another Great One being the source. There isn't.

Can you parry gascoine in furry mode?

Yes

yes but not his ground pound or jump attack

Newb damage question here. I'm using the Beat Cutter, which I've read is pure blunt damage. However, when I socket a +12.6 blunt gem, my character sheet shows lower damage than a +5.3 physical gem. Quick testing shows that the 12.6 blunt gem seems to do more damage in reality. What's the deal here?

>That's a completely different issue
Then I don't care. Have a good Kosmas.

Check the AR from the Weapon menu, only bother looking at the Blunt numbers

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind with my blunt/thrust weapons.

if i equip both moon runes do they stack ?

Killed gascoine, how do I get his weapon?

Every rune stacks

You can buy it if you have the badge near the pig in the sewers

You too.

Bloodborne doesn't do "boss weapons" like Dark Souls does for the most part. Getting a weapon as a direct consequence of killing a boss is really rare and weapons and equipment are usually gated behind workshop hunter badges after which you can buy the weapons from the little jews at the Messenger bath in the Hunter's Dream.

>No Kosmas edition

well this is strange

Question to fellow arc users, what weapons do you use converted to fire/bolt? I'm running str/arc and thinking of converting either pick, saif or beast cutter. Was thinking something relatively fast and serrated but not sure which of those would be the best.

Pick for fire
Saif for bolt or arcane (it's amazing when arcane converted for PvP. Use 2x open foes CAs)
Cutter is fire

Fire: saw spear and pizza cutter.
Bolt: pick and saif.

>bolt pick
You do realize it doesn't do any thrust damage once converted at all right?
And the fact serrated weapons are best off being fire converted due to beasts having weakness to both

Guys can we talk about how significant a lot of these lines are
youtube.com/watch?v=AY_J6GKLTcI

Who the fuck is Micolash talking to when he said "We were friends....HOW COULD YOU?!"

You do realize you can't use fire weapons against hotdog? Saw spear is a better serrated weapon than the pick.

>He has to use a bolt pick for hotdog

>Guys can we talk about how significant a lot of these lines are
They're interesting but not really all that significant when you consider that they're CUT CONTENT which means that they could've changed almost at any point during the production of the game and thus they could be completely meaningless as far as the game as presented to us NOW is.

what's the best skill/arc weapon

on ng+ and want to try that out

>skl/arc
Just why?
Rakuyo

There is no true Skl/Arc weapon, just pick any Skill weapon or convert something