/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Chad and virgin edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/ec862KsG (embed)
pastebin.com/6evJAynS (embed)

>0.6.15 update
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/

>Battle of the North Cape Collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/north-cape-collect/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[KUMA] on EU - Contact Luger-Chan
[BOTES] on SEA - contact dataminingsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact the Tranny-in-Chief

reminder [HOTEL] EU is no longer the /wowsg/ EU clan!
for new EU friends [HOTEL] is a trap, DO NOT accept clan invites from HOTEL members

last thread

10/10 OC.

Padoru Padoru~ (fuck ranked)

Gaishu on suicide watch for sure

>(embed)(embed)
Otherwise 10/10 op

>EU clan drama dies after the Italo-German best bros coalition repels the Ottoman usurper
>literal whos scuttle on the spotlight as soon as EU returns to its non-shitposting state

>they need badly made propaganda to keep their morale up
How's living with the knowledge that your once great nation is now an empty shell of depravation, anti-consumerism, and inhuman corporativism, held together by a shit inefficient army that functions as an extremely overexpensive welfare system? Also, your server sucks and is the easiest server to play in.

wtf is this?

A World of Warships general. Why are you asking a retarded question, dear KanCancer autist?

The reason why Veeky Forums was a mistake. All generals eventually degenerate into drama and shitflinging.

>anu and wave gets namedropped fifty times in each general from 2016 to 2017 by lunaticred and spammist and nobody says a word about it

>some literal who gets namedropped once and "people" start crying about it and demand the drama to stop immediately

Nice SJW logic, aspie.

They'd degenerate regardless. At least this kind of cancer is isolated from the /v/ kind of cancer.

50 times? Look up any old thread and you'll see they got mentioned over a 100 times.

Point is that it's been asked to stop the senseless namedropping already before, regardless of (literal) who's name has been dropped, but NA is basically deaf to anyone's call for basic decency and adherence to the netiquette.

> Point is that it's been asked to stop the senseless namedropping already before,

Why are you lying?

what's a good beginner class?

CV

This proves how much I've been heard when I've sperged out for all the namedropping and shitposting in the past:
I've been asking for better generals since NOFUN was /wotg/ EU clan, and Tioga's circlejerk was smudging shit all over /wotg/'s walls.

Battleships. You can make tons of mistake and still do decently as long as you can avoid torps.
Meanwhile if you make mistakes in a cruiser you get instantly deleted, destroyers have a bit more leeway with their agility.
Carriers are basically playing a different game, just give them a shot if you feel like it.

That's funny, because a huge amount of HOTEL used to be in NOFUN.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas /wowsg/!

Fuck off Zero

stop lying, and stop sperging over your "friend" being mentioned once when there are anons who's been namedropped over a million times

Don't buy me things Zero.

How much?

But I'm Raptor

Who's Raptor? Fuck off

That's not very festive user.

N O N E
Merry Christmas Raptor! Sorry for bullying you and giving you the attention you lust for.

Thanks, Merry Christmas!

I'm in KUMA and I've been in NOFUN. At the end of a CW season we got a reward tank, while the NA clan didn't. Everyone who got that tank then got in a training battle and took photos while making a few formations and especially a particular shape to banter the NA clan. What tank was it, and what shape did we made.

chieftain and a swastika?

> (You)
>chieftain and a swastika?
Wrong and right. The latter was easy.

i didn't even play WoT and even i know it

Something tells me I'm not gonna enjoy this. How do I play her, /wowsg/?

Like a battleship. Pick line and push, you can't run away. Now that she actually has hp, she should be very enjoyable.

>How do I play her, /wowsg/?
You don't. Skip her with free exp. Get to the NorCar and enjoy the bow on meme.

if you were playing Colorado in OBT you would have hated her.

If you skip her now you are missing out.

Good Armor Good HP and Decent Accuracy

I used to hate Colorado but I have grown to appreciate her 16" guns.

There really isnt a bad BB at t7 right now.

Merry Christmas, anons, to (You) and your favorite boatslut.
And I hope that in next year, either this slavic boatgame ends suffering or becomes better

Nagato still outplays her, Gneisenau has secondaries and torps, KGV has HE meme.

Battleships have a lot of HP to make mistakes in you just have to be wary of torpedos (everyone does but considering your slow speed you need to predict them long before you can actually see them, where as say a destroyer can practically dodge on reaction alone). Cruisers will get deleted by battleships and deleted by torpedos. You'll have a lot more luck using islands and tossing out shells from behind cover since they have some better gun arcs then most, and cruisers get access to fantastic consumables. Destroyers are all speed and taking shots usually means some module will be destroyed, however you get a lot of torpedos and crazy high stealth, plus smoke screens which are invaluable. Carriers play like an RTS and you are sorta in your own world.

Somebody a while back posted an idea for what the Italian cruiser tree would look like. Does anybody have it? IIRC it had an interesting scout cruiser design as tier 3 or 4

My botefu is not a slut

Could someone buy a poorfag the Atlanta for Christmas.

ign?

GPD_Ongafa

fuck you ive given you shit in the past.

you are never on and ur a shitter.

Are Cruisers any good? I started not too long ago (I bought the 100 dollar or whatever CBT package ages ago and I just never played the game at launch), and I have a friend going down BB's and another as Destroyers, so I thought I'd go down cruisers. What's the sort of optimal way to play them, what advantages do I have over other ships? I've felt like I've made a lot more impact using deatroyers or BB's since I can just sort of delete people easily, where as cruisers are just more constant damage it feels like.

>Are Cruisers any good?
No, except a selected group of ridiculously OP ships.

Cruisers are good for sustained damaged, supposedly. But that's worthless if you can't survive, and since you get deleted with easy by BBs and torps your best option is to hide like a little bitch and snipe.

Nothing good came in my 15 mega santa boxes.
I have a shit-ton of camos though.

>Cruisers
Shit until T10. DD are always live-fast-die-young kind of fun. BB are always boring floating bonfires.

>still no tech tree credit discounts

You need to learn a lot to be good at cruisers, because mistakes are severly punished. Learn how to survive (don't show broadside to BB's, don't get torped) and you can do a lot of damage. Much of that will be damage over time though (fires), so it can be dificult to get rid of an enemy quickly.

How do I get not bad at this game
My stats are less than average despite trying to improve. I am clearly doing something wrong I am willing to learn.

Should I ever pull out AP be BB's? I know if I can get a cruiser broadside I should pop it with AP, but would that apply to BB's as well?

I've certainly had success even pulling out the tier 6 and 7 prems I have access to, it's been hard fought and I have my frog cruisers at t4, getting access to hydroacoustics has been a godsend in fighting DD's. I just wish I could slap DD's a bit harder, while I can pull ahead in a gun fight there are some situations where I just simply can't dodge the torps. Should I ever pull out AP against DD's, at that?

Tell your class and nation.

What ship(s) are you playing?
What are you struggling with?
How long into the game are you getting killed?
What is killing you?

A...user I have some bad news.

I normally play BBs but I have switched to Cruisers and DDs lately. Though I still have the most time on those.

I normally last around ten minutes into the match. I -think- my problem is overextending, but even when conscious about positioning and how far I'm pushing I still seem to find myself being burnt down or at bad angles.

I think the main thing I am struggling with is generally being useful to my team. My best matches have been in the Missouri and Bisko, though I mean that on being useful. Damage alone was a Yamato match, but damage ≠ usefulness.

>Missouri

You're wrong user. She's a tease, not a slut

>Christmas Eve
>everyone and their mother playing sailing simulator

BB heavily rely on the team. Still, depending on the BB you're either a support or a tank: Bisko and Missouri are tanks: they can head straight in the middle of the action, take a bunch of beating, but also be very significant in the outcome of the battle out of sheer positioning by imposing their presence, and by allowing either your team to follow you or to buy them time if they're pushing on another flank; Bisko's secondaries can shred DD and CL that get too cocky, USN AP can just rape everything and bow on they're invulnerable. You can carry in these ships, but of course you still need your team to not leave you completely alone. Yamato can deal absurd amounts of damage, mainly because she can shoot every 25 seconds against a big HP pool, and she can do that from invulnerability range, however she is the utmost support ship and entirely depends on the team; you cannot carry against anything more than a 1vs1 and as soon as she gets into firespammers' range she's pretty much dead because she won't be able to fuck off, meaning that overextending is a death sentence.

The point is that in both cases you have to pick your fights, but while in a tank you can pick a fight in the broad sense, meaning you can and have to choose in what mess to jump in, with a support you literally have to decide who will be the best target for your next salvo.

There is no general rule, but the more situationally aware you are, the more informed your choices will be, so never go in tunnel vision and look constantly at that motherfucking minimap.

>Should I ever pull out AP be BB's?
Generaly no, you could stick to HE only. Shooting AP at battleships can be more effective, but only in certain situations (close and broadside to you). And the effectiveness varies per ship and country. German ships have reletively good AP and poorer HE, Japanese cruisers are basically the opposite. It can be worth it, but you wount Dev. Strike them or anything like that.

> I just wish I could slap DD's a bit harder, while I can pull ahead in a gun fight there are some situations where I just simply can't dodge the torps.
Learn to predict torps. You should dodge them before you see them. At some point while closing in on a DD, make a sudden turn while slowing down. Not too soon and not too late. I know it sounds too easy, but DD's will usually just use the white marker to aim a torpedo salvo. Just pretend to keep sailing in a straight line and let them aim.

>Should I ever pull out AP against DD's
No. In cruisers, there might be a theoretical situation where, with luck, you could be more effective with AP, but generally, just dont bother. Don't forget that HE can also knock out modules (like torpedo launchers). Battleship AP can easily Dev. Strike a DD, though.

I might be alright.

>Christmas evening
>Not a single server can reach 30k players
truly a ded game.

Wait for balans to kick in.

French CAs a FUN

Running around at 40 knots can be pretty fun

>tfw there is no Ibuki botegirl, showing her as Mogami's sport-obsessed sister

?

For the healers, how much do you heal with your "medium" single target healing spell?
I feel that my heals are pretty weak, It's really hard to full heal people with the grievous wounds debuff in M+.

wrong general dipshit

lol, my bad.

Anyone got advise for a Captain build?

for what? the colorado or American BB?

If its American BB then go Full AA Spec

PT PM EM SI CE AFT MAA

or PT PM EM SI CE AFT FP

Guess this would work for Colorado as well? And I'm at just 14 pts atm, anything I should take last?

AFT last. Always CE build first.

build for Zao?

PT AR SI CE DE EM whatever else you want

Damn, I'm just a poor boy from a poor family...

Should I buy the Alabama

Casual reminder to have a good Christmas, you autistic fucks.

I'm digging around for subway cards to buy a ship.
Christmas dinner was jolly

Alabama is shit ship

what do I spend the remaining points on?

AFT
Then get AR, then PM.

Fire prevention, or AFT if you hate planes a lot.

IFHE

First thirty replies get a missouri

BoS, then save for AR and AFT.

I can haz Missouri?

Alms for the poor

Gimme

GregL385

The_Squid_Lord

me

I specifically asked for boxes squid, but you were all "you said not to!" I guess you can give me a missouri though.