/acg/ - Armored Core General

Happy holidays edition.

Moldy bread: New Armored Core is officially confirmed. dualshockers.com/armored-core-from-software-continue/

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/eXbPt1yd
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Yey, the emblem manage to reach the holiday thread

Excellent work.

bamp.

in case of the thread dying, happy chritsmas fellow ravens

Bump

HAPPY NON-SPECIFIC HOLIDAY CELEBRATION

Indeed, in case the thread explodes, Merry Christmas to all you lads.
What sort of giant robots have you guys been watching or playing around with, if any?

Sadly none, been playing a lot of Rpgs these day, the closest thing would be Metroid: return of samus, but only because is sci fi

I've just been playing Warframe, Demon's Souls, and Dota 2 lately.

Bump.

Bump.

Played Steamworld Dig 2. Technically they're robots. Not the giant kind, but eh.

Bump

Merry christmas /acg/

merry christmas from /drg/, great series was my introduction giant robots, glad you guys are keeping it alive

We try.

By the way,From is suposedlymaking new stuff, do you belive its a new AC game?

Well there is a link in the OP where they officially confirmed that they're working on a new AC game. The other game could be Bloodborne 2, Shadow Tower, or Tenchu.

Ah, I don't check links, not after someone tampered with OP links in other generals, glad to see progress will be made.

bump

bump

Bump.

Merry Christmas dudes

Bump.

merry christmas!!!!
not much
trying to finish xcom 2
played the monster hunter world beta this weekend. it's a shame it's casualized, but the actual fighting gameplay is similar enough, ie. it's fun so i'm getting it when it comes out
god it's jarring though having a voiceover tell you what to do in a monster hunter game, "OK, now, take out your map" and of course you can't do ANYTHING ELSE until you take out your goddamn map
not to say i loved all the tedious quests from freedom unite for example but monster hunter was one of those games that i feel shapes you as a player - it trains you. it teaches you. it makes you a better person. MH world seems to lack that kind of relentlessness and instead replaces it with prototypical modern game design trash.
that being said i can tell it's gonna be addicting just like all the others, so i'm still going to get it, it's just a shame you have things like taking away control from the player to ZOOM IN ON THE MONSTER IT'S RIGHT HERE SEE IT YET HOLD ON A FEW MORE SECONDS WHERE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ALMOST THERE THIS IS THE MONSTER BY THE WAY ok now you can play again
it's like shit like that actively removes the feeling of what makes monster hunter unique but oh well state of the industry i guess

Merry Christmas /acg/

>christmas

Do you even consider the feelings of the Ravens that dont celebrate that shit?

I did, that's why the OP has happy holidays and I personally celebrate Christmas so I decided to post merry Christmas.

Take your /pol/ shit out of here

Fine, I guess I have to post them.

Anyone got a high res image of the Nerves Concord logo?

bump

What up, I hope everyone enjoyed their day today.

it was fun, incredible how a card game can live up the usual meeting withing cousins.

Bump.

Everything is more fun with friends.

I prefer this edit.

Buff if someone isn't fluent in memes then it'll just go over their head.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas

Bump.

>wanting normies in our memes

bump

>wanting memes at all

This general should have died years ago. Why not give it a rest?

what if the next game starts including seasonal events and the like, like many "ongoing" games?

bump.

bump-

bump

Bump.

because that's gay as fuck

Why don't you give your anus a rest from all the crap spewing out of it? Oh wait that's your mouth.

Bump.

Thanks for bumping Xezberz.

No problem.

What's a non-AC game I can play to fill the hole in my heart?

Undertale.

I was hoping for something mech related.

It's a shame how little good mech games are on the market.

Ring of Red.

Well for mech recommendation Front Mission 3, 4 ,5 and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Marz.

Reminds me that last week, I read a trap manga that I highly enjoyed, and I hate traps

>hating traps
What, are you gay or something?
>if so I have some cute CD manga for you with guys that actually look like dudes

Do people still play ACV? Just curious, its the game that made me drop armored core.

ACV's servers went offline when VD release. So no, they don't.

But a fair number still play VD.

That's what I meant. I kept up enough to know about VD and thought it was stupid after how trash they made V.

Different strokes for different folks. If you don't like 5th gen, don't play it. Though, you probably didn't play it long enough to actually learn how to play the game properly in the first place, and thus is why you seem to hate it with such vigor. Just a guess. Haven't met an ACV/D hater yet, who can actually play the game. And I've met a lot of them.

Played it for half a year. Was very excited for it and gave it a hard try. Ended up hating the flying, didnt click with me. Wanted a ground based AC game too.

I also just hated the community from it so w/e. Excited for any new entry into AC though still.

Looking over it, I admit i worded it oddly due to me rushing.

I'll give you the bit about the players. A lot of them can be pretty shitty. Drama was one of the reasons I left the western servers to play with Japan. (That, and the vastly higher amounts of activity.) And I hear the problems were 10-fold if you were on Xbox.

Well, rest assured, with Nabeshima leaving the company, and Memezaki taking the reigns, if AC6 ever does happen, it will almost definitely be For Answer 2: The Questioning.

For all the praise that ol' Miyazaki gets for all of his 'fresh and original ideas', he certainly likes to reuse and rehash.

Also, since the guy seems to absolutely abhor the idea of multiplayer that actually works and is fun, I'm sure that the game will return to its single-player roots, and have a lag-as-fuck versus mode tacked on at the end.

Sounds good to me.

Perhaps we should be looking at it a different way. Would you guys accept a return to Ps2-level graphics if it meant a non-laggy online system and stable framerate in gameplay? That seemed to be V and VD's biggest problems, that they couldn't even handle themselves without crapping their briefs from bad performance.