Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

BASED WYVERN OF FAIR HITBOXES AND GREAT WEAPONS EDITION

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳PS4 beta is LIVE until Dec 26 12:00 PM EST, does not require PS+
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlF4w_3WO4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what are the odds that gunlance won't be shit? I mean, shells scale, fine, but just how much does that matter if there's not even gonna be purple sharpness in world?
Just when I'm really liking this weapon, why does it have to be crap?

>playing with randos is f-

Still need 1 for Rath/Blos

8tjrxhavMbs

It's always the French.

JE

I don't understand how you even die in the beta. Shits so incredibly easy it has me worried for the retail release.

How to I insect glaive in MHW?

I thought GL would finally be good in XX, but they fooled me again.
At the very least, it’s got some strong new moves, and scaling might make a difference. It should at least be decent enough.

I think I died once to Diablos.

Honestly the side swipe is a VERY strong atttack. Just slamming and side swiping does some good damage, but obviously not using the gun part of the gunlance is kind of missing the point.

x7w6X4bkT7t

Rath and blos

It's been easy since 3u. I haven't died in low rank since tri when I was first learning after failing freedom unite

Having fun getting lost in the Ancient Forest yet

19min 35 fucking hell haha that was great

Going by the amount of girl characters, more than half of /mhg/ are girls

Even moreso than the last few games

Yeah.
In 4U, I made a wide 5 GL and a set with artillery and guard. Went full broomstick. It wasn’t the fastest way to kill things, but it was fun.

Huntresses

>monster knocks you out of the zone
>run back in
>monster tailswipes you back out of the zone

you have to do the O finisher, the infinite is now trash

Just including IRL people I know who are into MH, four of them are girls, five are boys. Girls not playing video games is a retarded myth.

One of my favorite part of zoned areas

I hope the face customization gives some good options. And I hope some of the armor is still sexy.

This is the best part of monster Hunter to the pro load screen idiots

There's the wyrmstake, which is worth using and cool as fuck

Did you see the feathered armor for females? It's basically a bellydancer's garb

That, and Ivory backstepping all the way to the zone exit, especially in the Flooded Forest.

Okay, who is waiting for the PC release and who is double dipping here?

I'm double dipping. I'll get PC when it comes out, but xbox first.

This is an all girl general, didn’t you know?
You’re not a boy, are you?

The character creator looks pretty good. If you spend autistic amount of time in it I'm sure someone could work wonders

>And I hope some of the armor is still sexy
Well, we're most likely getting two Kirin armor sets. The classic and Oroshi.
There's also new hip window armor with an exposed back.

SUIS

>monster standing in the loading zone so you physically can't reach it
>nowthisispodracing.jpg

>No xbox beta
So just how shit will it be?

PC only here.
I want good performance for once.

PC for me

SIX
MONTHS

I wish that I were a girl

game runs well enough on ps4 so I'm definitely not waiting 10 months for the pc version

>Not buying all 3 versions.
I sure hope you people don't do this

1 week

It's probably just because of Sony shoving that weird content exclusivity, like how Destiny 2 has "more" content on PS4 when it's just content that was made first then gutted from the other versions.
I expect a demo a week before release, but the demo is just the beta but with a different title screen.

I'm waiting for a PC release
If it's like 1~2 weeks after console, PC
If it's going to take longer, PS4 then maybe PC

>monster dies in the loading zone so you can’t carve it

how insect glaive in beta

PC.
I rented a PS4 for the demo, and after seeing how it performs similar to the 3ds games I'm staying away from the shitty current gen consoles. I didn't expect much, but was still disappointed.

Do you honestly believe that, user? You're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

Keep 3 juices up and mount constantly

I'm only planning on getting the PS4 version. There's no way I'm waiting all the way until the PC version. If I double dip it isn't a decision I'm making until that version comes out, whenever the hell that is.

Pure Monster Hunter kino.

MONTÉ

What do you follow up the foresight slash with? I've seen people combo into two high damaging slashes.

I honestly doubt Xbox will get anything at this point. Everything being announced is still heavily tilted towards Japan especially if the rumored GranBlue collab is true where the GranBlue game is getting MonHun stuff and MonHun is getting GranBlue Fantasy stuff. Plus we still don't know if we're getting USJ at any point and the USJ stuff has been confirmed to be PS4 only.
With Japan only getting the PS4 version it's safe to say Xbox is an afterthought. They haven't even revealed if the XboneX is getting the PS4 Pro settings yet, only that they might do something for XboneX.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlF4w_3WO4s

This'll be helpful for those of you wanting to communicate with the French with the new in-game voice chat.

If you connect with the counterattack you can press R2 to do a spirit finisher and level up your gauge.

If you miss, tough luck pal.

4WTfZasWwuwf

alternating rath and blos, and whatever else we kill in time

How do we feel about Nergigante as a flagship?
; ^ )

Ps4 only. I was sceptical, but after playing the beta I am content with the performance. Not gonna build at rig now that prices for parts are fucked

Had to jet so theres space in this room now, assuming no one else left.

PARDON..

I don't think I can last a month.

yea one spot is now open

source

Rathalos can be incredibly bullshit with the homing claw. It's much faster now and poison is a pain in the dick this time around

We'll make it user.

He's even worse when he's about to die, he goes full autism and charges relentlessly at everything, he nevers stops staying in the air

Any new monster traps in MHWorld?

Stop.

Haven't learned anything since every other demo, eh?

post a link to this image, or leave this general and never return

I crafted it! Only needed 2 extra kills onto brach to get all the mats
Is this really worth taking over guan dao? Just generally curious..

I'm gonna need a double sauce pack

tfw waiting til 2079 for pc

How much FPS do you get?

end yourselves

Er, you know thats stealing right user?

I really like the way the new skill system works. It'll allow people to switch single pieces of armor much more frequently because you won't need to craft an entire set that only comes online with gems and a fitting charm.

user, I need this link.

Not him but that games been emulated fine for years now, even low end computers of today could have that shit running at 60fps.

The biggest plus seems to be that you can use armor with both blades AND guns. I'll miss the gunner outfits, but this makes trying out the opposite type much easier.

>tfw no nargasluts in world

Silverwind armor better come back

I want to like it but I need to know more about it first
Mostly about "single point" skills that would be too strong for the current system like Critical Extend. I hope they don't gut the skill system and remove those just because they don't fit right in

SOMEONE MAKE A ROOM RIGHT NOW

Loss of gunner armor is a definite minus. Gave you more reasons to grind and it looked nice

dead gaem

Artist?

ANCIENT FOREST LABYRINTH
XHDeTNKrCME
Lets get lost in the forest while looking for Rath

Stable 60 no matter what

What exactly?

Will wait for pc and if the wait is too long I'll go for a ps4 and pirate the pc version latter.

The first fleet hunter NPC is wearing a blademaster Rathian set. If we're lucky maybe the G Rank expansion will bring back the split sets since they'll have time and money to actually work on those assets. By G Rank most players will know what kind of weapon they're using all the time anyways.
We haven't seen any concrete HR stuff either other than speculation based on stuff that appeared in trailers.

no clue

R-Room for two more
pls join

>Yeah more clownsuits and more people wearing the same sets

It cant get any worse than before

cease the huntress posting, I will not fap on the Lord's day.

I'll fap an extra time just for you.

MH World is going to be my first MH game. Should I main long sword or charge blade? Gonna use hunting horn, too, but I don't know which is better/more fun/more reliable as a fully offense-focused weapon between CB and LS.

How it couldn't get any worse?