/ninty/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.

Tags: /3dsg/, /arms/, /mk8g/, /wug/, /gorg/, /nintendoconsolesandvideogamesgeneral/

>Important News
[!] - Breath of the Wild: Champions Ballad DLC available now: youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc
[!] - Bayonetta 3 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY
[!] - Mega Man 11 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
[!] - Outlast 1 and 2 to be released early next year for Switch: twitter.com/TheRedBarrels/status/938838477088657408
[!] - Some autistic fuckers have an estimate of total coins in each Mario game: nintendoeverything.com/estimated-total-coins-for-the-super-mario-games-prior-to-odysseys-release/
[!] - New Pokken item codes and content for Twitch Prime users: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-twitch-prime-member-emotes-new-in-game-item-codes/
[!] - Footage of the new Versus mode in Mario + Rabbids: youtube.com/watch?v=7er_WMshnNc
[!] - Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition to be released early next year: nintendoeverything.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-day-one-edition-slated-for-spring-2018/
[!] - Splatoon 2 soundtrack released and places fourth on the charts: oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-12-11/
[!] - New trailers for Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2: nintendoeverything.com/latest-yo-kai-watch-busters-2-trailers/
[!] - Ryan Reynolds to voice Detective Pikachu: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibochartv13.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/OMXiylf.gifv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who /gettingaswitchforxmas/ here

>waitng for january direct

black santa only brings 3ds
i.imgur.com/OMXiylf.gifv

Is there a Switch chart?

>Order Mario Odyssey
>won't be her until Tuesday
>X2 sold out everywhere

>Exclusives:
Arms
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Snipperclips
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

>Multiplatform:
Cave Story+
Disgaea 5 Complete
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rayman Legend: Definitive Edition
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers

>E-shop:
Fast RMX
Golf Story
The Mummy Demastered
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Sonic Mania
Stardrew Valley
SteamWorld Dig 2
Wonder Boy: The Dragon Trap

>Upcoming:
Bayonetta 3
Fire Emblem
Kirby Star Allies
Metroid Prime 4
Project Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Yoshi
New fantasy IP by Monolith Soft
Something by Retro Studio

What are some must have games for $30 or less on the Switch?

Merry Babtmas, everyone!

Snipperclips, The End is Nigh, Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight, Rocket League, Enter The Gungeon, and Stardew Valley are my picks. That being said, I've only bought Stardew Valley thus far.

I actually did, already had it for a few days though. Really having fun so far.

200cc was a mistake.

soon

Bumbp.

I don't understand why I can't hold L or R to fix the camera behind me in Mario Odyssey, I have to keep tapping it because the stick is too slow for these timed challenges and I'm dying where I shouldn't be

>grabbing the key makes the camera swing around
gee thanks a fucking lot sure glad that timer still goes

Thoughts on Devil's Third? Is it worthy to be pirated?

Is switch binding of isaac getting booster packs at all? Thinking about buying it.

Do we literally know nothing about Metroid Prime 4 except it has a blue 4 in the logo and is a thing that might exist in 1-5 years.

Sounds promising, but it's just literally what people ask for, so who knows.
It avoids the biggest missteps like "wider audience", though I wonder what the "new direction" inn the story is. Now that super phazon God super phazon is dead iirc, they kinda need a new plot arc, right?

Also, Is other M still canon? Doesn't it conflict with prime?

Hi friends, I now own a Switch and Splatoon. Merry Christmas

Can 8 players play Mario Kart on 2 switches?

What are some games for large parties that can be played with either one or two switches?
Bomberman is the only one I know.

The back of the box says 8 players for local, and 12 for online play. So I'd assume 8 is locally on 2 switchs.

Do I need to use that reccomended SD card formatter when using a new one for a 3DS and Switch?

Having played it on other systems, Steamworld Heist is about to be the best indie game on the Switch when it comes out this week. I'm going to buy it again.

>No BOTW
>No Hollow Knight
You're fuckin up

Is the eShop down for everyone or just my dumb ass

>mfw Xenoblade 2 immediately becomes impossible to find for 3 fucking years just like Xenoblade 1
>Pro controller already going for well over 100 dollars on eBay

>>No BOTW
I guess it was so obvious I forgot it.
>>No Hollow Knight
Not out on the Switch yet.

Down for me too.

Just got a Switch for christmas and got a wired connection set up. E-shop is down for me as well, but I'm really not surprised given how many people will be getting a Switch for the holiday. Hopefully Nintendo fixes their shit quick.

>fixes their shit quick
It's already been 2+ hours

any good deals on a 3ds/2ds? I'll buy one in an instant if I could get either for under $70

>Miitopia, Galados Isle
>Meet the Replica Dark Lord
>Four shields up, hyper etc.
>Gregg Wallace successfully pulls off the Monster Dinner and just wipes him
>On the second fucking turn
The Chef is damn scary sometimes.

Who /hypedasfuck/ here?

what

what what
If you've played it you should know what I'm talking about

Sorry user I just a 3DS today.
I'm just looking for way to mod/hack it to get free games

It's alright m8
Get Miitopia when you can and at least try it for a bit, it's a nice little timewaster RPG and has a pretty big amount of content for a Mii game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors?

Need an answer fast before I get financially fucked possibly maybe.

>Clearing out house because selling soon
>Putting shit to the curb
>Family drives by seeing a tv I put out
>say it's all free and take it all
>see kids in car
>Say oh hang on I have some old gaming systems and games let me get it
>bring out wii u, xbox 360, and wii
>all with games
>"MERRY CHRISTMAS :D"
>Felt amazing
>After they leave realize I didn't delete any of my information from the wii u
>Might have stuff connected to eshop like a debit card

How can I disconnect my debit card from a wii u I no longer have?

called nintendo support but they're closed for the holidays. Before making any purchases they ask for a password anyways right? So even if all my shit is still connected to my wii u they can't actually do anything right? They wont be able to buy or edit my account?

Anyone here have experiences with double charges? Is Nintendo on top of that stuff usually? Tried to buy a game today despite eShop being on and off and the order failed. Tried again later and the purchase went through but I got charged twice. Am I gonna have to call customer support or should the pending charge be gone in a day or so?

worst case scenario, you have to freeze it and get a new one. Most companies will refund the money if they know you didn't do it.

Loved it, but is it really worth buying again? Never 100%ed it, and didn't play any dlc.

haven't used the wii u in years. Does it prompt you to put in your password before allowing a purchase?

I was really into it more than I've been into any strategy game since Advance Wars.

The Switch version comes with all the DLC too.

Its been awhile, but I think it does.

eh i'm not worried about it then. I'll just check my bank account a few more times than usual and see if there's any weird charges. Hopefully the family just deletes all my shit. They seemed nice. Hopefully they wont try to fuck me.

How much is it anyways? Might go for it if it's 10 bucks.
And yeah, the gameplay mix of worms and XCom just blends incredibly well.

Yes and no. The best part was the online and the singleplayer maps were not designed to get the full use of the parkour gunplay and are instead mostly linear corridors.

But it's still a pretty cheesy story and really good action.

I use it. There's no reason not to. The larger the card the longer the format time tho. My 200GB card took a while.

If you're in America get a refurbished (as on basically brand new) from store.nintendo.com

If it doesn't disappear just call.

Only if you don't have your credit card saved.

Merry Bumbpmas.

fuuuuuck I definitely had my debit card saved on that shit. God damn it...

this is what I get for trying to be nice. Fuck Christmas.

Nigga chill. They'll probably be play disc games before they even think of using the eshop. You have plenty of time to call Nintendo and have them freeze the account

what are some good couch co-op games?

thinking of getting hammerwatch or octodad or human fall flat

Rayman Legends.

what a garbage op

Same. Got it and BotW yesterday. It is great.

XBC2

Is the BotW DLC worth $20?

no

Or is Prime Samus like Modern Sonic now

Here! I got the Super Mario Odyssey bundle!

Snipperclips

waiting for pokemon

but rayman is shit
too linear

Does Amazon put the sticky film back on the Switch when they sell a used one through Warehouse Deals? Or was the "like new" one actually a new one that just happened to get the packaging damaged a bit in their warehouse or whatever?

The description said it was being sold on WD because the packaging wasn't in good enough condition to sell as new but still not sure if that means it's a return or if they never sold it and just kicked it over to WD because they didn't want someone to be upset getting a damaged box.

Sticky film protecting the tablet screen I mean. Was intact when I got mine, spent $268 on it though tax brought it to $289 so actually didn't save that much over just buying a new one on eBay or something to dodge the tax. Didn't occur to me before buying.

New thread? We're over the bump limit

wat

Is Mario Odyssey worth getting or is it overhyped?

I have an eShop gift card and I really wanna get BotW
But also I don't have a memory extension for the Switch yet
Should I use it on BotW or should I wait and in the meantime use it on stuff that takes up less memory? I usually prefer physical copies but I'm not like dead set on it or anything, I'm just thinking about if I'm gonna regret using like half the console's storage on this later

I got 4000 yen in my Japanese eShop account. Can anyone recommend me a game that has English or Furigana? Also needs to be like a Japanese eShop exclusive too.

Do we know anything about Octopath Traveller? Looks really nice.
Anyone played the demo?

BotW is great, but storage is more useful in the long run. There are plenty of good games in the e-shop, so you'll get storage issues sooner or later.

threads on Veeky Forums go up to 750.

Can't you just delete stuff when you need to make room and redownload it again later as necessary? I always did that on the Vita with their shitty overpriced and small memory cards. I guess Switch games are a bit bigger but still should be able to download most within a few hours if you have a decent connection and it's not like you need to be playing more than 2-3 games at any given time anyway.

Too late lmao
I can live with it though, I'm sure I'll regret it eventually but I've been hyped to play this since it came out and I'll probably end up getting extra storage at some point

It's neither overhyped nor underhyped. It's precisely as hyped as it deserves, to within 0.05%.

Have fun. BotW is a great game.

How frequently do switch games on the eshop go on sale? I want to invest in a few games but don't know if it's worth waiting for sales.

In theory, BoTW will perform very, VERY, slightly better on internal memory than an external micro AD card. This is because it's faster to read/write data from/to internal memory than external.

But at any rate, micro sd cards are like dead cheap nowadays, so you should be fine with a 64 gb one for a while, and I doubt you'd ever fill up a 128 gb one.

Does the switch actually use external memory?
Or is it like Android devices where you can't fucking install apps on an external sd card holly fuck my storage is so shit presser use the fucking 64gb Jesus Christ.

Anyone played OPUS on the switch? It's half the price of the steam version so I'm wondering if it's not including some costumes or bonus content.

I'm pretty sure it does, which is why they recommend around 90 mb/s read/write speeds.

In reality it won't matter in most situations, but of you're loading a particularly large area, or a lot of shit is happening on the screen, you might notice a slight fps drop.

Got one for christmas, I've downloaded Pokken DX and getting BOTW on physical tomorrow.

Pokken at first feels really fun if kind of spammy and gimmicky, and then like an hour in you realize how hard you can actually combo fuckers.

not sure if this is the right spot to ask but does anyone have experience with some simple 3DS repairs? i inherited this 3DS from a friend, but he's a very heavy smoker. i cleaned it up as best i can but there's still some visible heavy yellowing in some spots, particularly on the right hand side in the photo(not sure how well the yellowing will show)

does anyone know of some sort of solution i can possibly do to remove this yellowing? my A B X Y buttons also need to severely have yellowing removed, i've searched for replacement buttons but I can't find white ones anywhere

Should I get OG switch hardcase, or chink is good enough?
Original case had a decent discount on Black Friday, but I missed it. I don't want to pay full price for it.

How fucking hard of a smoker you have to be to leave stains on your 3DS?

Hydrogen Peroxide is probably your best bet.

Anyone playing DQMJ3 here?
Can't find anyone else discussing the game, be it in /v/, /leddit/, gamefaqs, or even woodus.

Revelations 2?

Yes and no.
If you finish botw and feel like you want a little bit more dungeons/quests and cosmetics then yes.

New switch consoles do not come with screen protectors applied.

It's good. Nice controls and music. Graphics are pretty.

If you mean the Switch shop:
The 2nd J.B. Harold game is on there with English text. It's like a mystery novel, chill as fuck music, good art, and a pretty decent short mystery.

Get physical.

Just wait until next black Friday when SD cards will be even cheaper.

These games go on sale most:
Indie shovelware > indie games > third party AAA shovelware > AA Japanese games > Nintendo games

Pokken is underrated. Enjoyed it on wii u.

$10-20 case is fine. Unless you like bringing the dock around. Then get that larger travel case that fits the system, dock, cables, and 1 other controller.

bumpbp

I got money with which I can buy a Switch. I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna sell my PS4 to get extra money for games since I don't really play it anymore.

I'm just a tiny bit salty that I bought overcooked a week before the price dropped 5€. It's not the world, but still.

Try paying $20 and then they announce a physical version.

anyone have an updated recommendation chart for the 3ds?
im fuckin dying of boredom

Do I need a pro controller to comfortably play mario odyssey and mario kart?

For Zelda, the joycons with the controller plug in thing works perfectly. I don't see how it wouldn't for Mario.

Mummy Demastered worth it? How long is the game?

>Wonder Boy: The Dragon Trap

Not a screen protector but like the thin film they put on that you're supposed to peel fof