/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #684

''I shoulda learned to play the guitar'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/channel/UCkt5McJ1_QNFTbF188rWVYQ/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

Chloe is #1

>>Small Things Sequel Update December 22nd: I'm now well into Day 3's review and chugging along. I haven't played the last chapter of Before the Storm yet...so I have no idea if I'll need to change anything in my story to match (or just stick a "inspired by original game only" disclaimer on there :-D). So far, I haven't had to change anything at all and I've put in only a couple of references here and there.
I haven't read Small Things. Is it any good?

It's okay Chloe, Max can teach you, after all, she has all the time in the world

Best one imo
It's simple but captures the feel of the game without huge amounts of tragedy
The ending is... questionable. I didn't like it but some might and I think it'll be important to the sequel
It's like the game where the mystery solving elements drive the plot. But the pricefield is prevalent and slow burn and incredibly cute
I also think of all the big fanfics out there, it stays as close to the characters in-game personality very well. Not like Ouroboros where every one is best friends. And Max actually embraces her powers and is badass with them without overdoing it like Better Then
And it features a Rachel subplot which will be the main story point in the sequel

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

Name me a more innocent, beautiful, pure love
You can't, by the way. It's a trick question

That sounds really good, user, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I love this webm so much. SO MUCH I'll never get tired of it.

Best girl/friends,

man the legion and amberprice are dead already
poor kids

Best boy/friend

Always.

Pirates of Arcadia Bay: The Curse of the Blue Butterfly

This is great. I'd watch/play/read it.

what could have been done better to improve episode 3?

Historical inaccuracy #1: no Max freckles.

well the episode was a mess as whole not just the dark room it's the only thing that ruined it

In 2013 when I was at high school I would have been able to save rachel if I was born in Arcadia Bay

Underage pls go

legion logic everyone

Fire Zak and Floyd

2013 was 5 years ago

Is it normal to fap to Victoria? I like to imagine I'm Max and she's my cuddly girlfriend.

I wish these guys made an appearance in episode 3.

>when your plan to get a kiss backfires and your gf still roasts you for it years later

Max would never tease Chloe about that. jk.Of course she would

I just discovered:
> Blackwell Podcast
youtube.com/channel/UCkt5McJ1_QNFTbF188rWVYQ/videos

They did, Chloe was just unconscious when they were taking turns with her.

Hello, it's Christmas. Where is my Marry Christmax themed thread?

Uh..

Victoria is for cuddling and snuggling.

You upset my beverage female canine

What? Did you forget it is Christmas today? ?_?

>2015
>lets play life is strange, what's the harm
>fast forward to 2017
>oh I've had a sex change and I'm living full time as a woman now

Funny how deep repressed feelings awaken and shape your life one day. for the better

actually it's tomorrow

Please don't post about my lifelong deepest desire

You'll make me sad

Depends where you live. Over here its already Christmas afternoon.

Man I almost forgot it's the traditional /lisg/ transgender discussions pst hours

They shouldn't have tried to do anything to improve it. It was perfect until they decided to change everything last minute.

He seems like a transsexual. They are more weird.

I love McD, too.

Steps to fix BtS Ep 3
Step 1: make choices matter.
Step 2: option for Chloe to actually alter how the Damon fight goes at the junkyard. If Chloe succeeds, you have a feel good scene trying to search for info with Rachel. Fail and you go to the hospital you little bitch.
Step 3: David's photo or it's lack thereof actually helps or harms you at some point. Maybe Damon fucking hates Phil Becker because he fucked his wife.
Step 4: Anything Chloe does in the final fight actually matters, and Chloe sees everything that happens. I understand voice work costs money, but animating sprites considerably less so (especially if you already have some fighting animations ready)
Step 5: Victoria punches Eliot in the face and you have the option to help Eliot or kick Eliot while he's down (we know what /lisg/ will choose but the option should be there anyway). I don't know why Eliot gets punched in the face but it'd be exciting and justify some more of that 6GB download.
Step 6: End it with Jefferson showing up on his first day, and when Chloe comes to pick up Rachel she's talking to Jefferson, but they play it off like it's just a school thing.
We know it's not just a school thing.

>tfw I'll never be a cute teenage girl
Please bring me a swift death, Santa.

Chloe pls help I want to be a girl ;-;
I actually cry myself to sleep over it
But I'm too scared to do anything. But I'm still young and have a chance

What do I do?

>Believe in a mystical man with magic
>don't just as him to let you be reborn as a baby girl.
Son, disappoint.

>One post and all the eggs come out
Get some estrogen you girls

Fite me

Is /lisg/ a better /mtfg/ than /mtfg/?

tfw I have no desire to be any sex but the one I was born, and yet I enjoy hanging out with the trannies and suicidal folk in this thread

>/mtfg/

tell me what that is?

One of us one of us

It's almost like people with different life experience can be friends or something. Who would have thought.

is that shaggy without a beard

Post at least one cute Pricefield/Max/Chloe/Kate/Alice image on lisg everyday and pray to Ruby Rose. And your wish shall be granted one day.

/lgbt/ general for ftm

Pfft. Now you're just talking nonsense.

what if I don't want to cut my dick offbut think that being a girl would be more accurate to myself as a person?

I wouldn't do that, but still, How does she do it? Why does Victoria bullying make me erect when I usually don't like bullying?

Son, this is Veeky Forums, we're not allowed to be friends. Just like the libs and the cons can't get along on /pol/, us being different means we have to be enemies.
But we can still bullshit together and act like friends most of the time, right?

I want to be a pretty girl not an ugly tranny freak.

Oops posted the wrong image

General switched from comfy to weird in minutes

Original

Just crossdress. If you say you're a girl like half of the people out there will believe you as long as you don't try to have sex with them.

Cutest girl, has cutest girlfriend, best couple, soulmates, etc.

>all this off-topic/trannie talking/blogposting garbage

Disgusting.
The quality of this general dropped absurdly since BtS came out.

Chloe is the cutest beanstalk

I always love that webm, especially in Rachel's house when Chloe's making finger guns. Rachel's like "honey, I love you but not now."

That's allowed too you know. You don't have to go all the way. You can just take hormones if that's what your comfortable with

You still have a chance while your young. Work hard and you'll be rewarded with cishood in the next life

This

Don't be uncomfy fren
Are you an egg?

Don't be overly dramatic, three or four random posts at kind of an off hour hardly mean the quality of the general went down.

And general in general has been more active since late August, before that it was close to being dead I'm afraid.

>she doesent want to be on female hormones and be a girl

A sizeable chunk of "male" players of this franchise use it as a crutch to fulfill their desire to be females

You don't realise it. But you can do it. You can be who you want to be.

What's your favorite crack pairing?
(Warren/Max used here because everyone believes it's a crack ship so I might as well play along)

I just really like VNs, and Life is Strange is basically like some sort of bizarre inversion of a VN.

How crack are we talking? Because Max x Rachel and Max x Joyce are both crack pairings but different level of crack pairings.

>Grahamfield
>crackship

lmao
it's probably just as canon as pricefield if not more...

Cracky as you fucking like.
If you think KatexVictoria is cracky enough, do that.
If you want to go full retard and do something as OBSCENE AND VILE as DavidxChloe, that's fine.
If you have to specify multiple categories, do as you like.

>I just really like VNs, and Life is Strange is basically like some sort of bizarre inversion of a VN.
I mean it's basically an interactive tv show for young adults with mystical elements and lesbianism.

Even the games are called "seasons" and "episodes".

>Max x Joyce
I can't believe you've done this.

I really love Katoria (I know everyone calls it Chasemarsh but I like Katoria better).

Listen, I'm tailoring my post to the board. To normal people I would suggest it as a minor/lesser major pairing that is totally canon, but I could totally get stabbed if I said it on here.

you know that priefieldfags are not the only ones that populates this general, right?

I'm not used to the idea of naming it by last names, but then I think the first time I really got into shipping was during Avatar, where no one had a last name anyway except Toph (and all of her pairings were still made by sticking her name to someone else (usually Sokka but I think shipping her with Suki was popular at some point because of that kiss).
MaxxJoyce is basically my favorite crack pairing to suggest, it's far enough out there that most people would turn their noses up at it, but it's not so far out there that it triggers frogposting.

After Ep3, i think they do.

>>That's a dollar for the swear jar!

You right you right

You mean your college fund!

Pricefield.

Steph x Victoria

Stop right now. I don't even want to play the Farewell episode because i know it's going to destroy me

What if Farewell saves you, though?
Shit, where are my keys?

this
there's more chance of max being victoria or nathan's gf in the AU than max and chloe ended up together

I'd pay money to see Max in the Cripple Chloe world having adventures with her friends and maybe giving Nathan the puss (But seh's probably gay for Victoria or bi and sharing)

Chasefield and Amberprice are the only pairings that matters, everything else is irrelevant.

I want Warren to dominate Max or vice-versa.