/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #245

ED Posters: Gone But Not Forgotten Edition:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.26.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-performance-tidbits
youtube.com/watch?v=t8ghK6glerU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>16.7 fps
Record breaking fps for 3.0

lmao the v-neck still showing off the line between his head and neck

DELET

you ain't seen nothing yet, kiddo

>he doesnt run a 1800x with 32GB 3200 DDR4 for 25+ at all times

lol?

>muh weak ass cores

So how do you do away with crimestat?

I tried to pirate an npc caterpillar and it didnt end well

One of the access panels a Kareah will let you get rid of it if I recall correctly.

>25+ with 16 (8) cores
>15-19 with some intel meem you bought into
XD

fly to security post kareah, which is in orbit around Cellin. activate the terminal inside and wait, more crimestat longer wait. other people can interrupt this and there is a mission to prevent criminal players from doing this (not sure these missions are in 3.0)

The CPU doesn't matter if none of the cores get utilized 100% anyway, retard.

Most of the time the game take 20 minutes on the black screen and then crashes, I've gotten in twice for a silky smooth 3-7 fps before a few minutes in panels would no longer be able to be interacted with and I'd have to quit.

This isn't the best version of Star Citizen so far.

Should I pick the Energy Rifle/SMG or the Ballistic Rifle/SMG?

Pretty sure energy weapons were supposed to have the advantage of no spare ammo weight and be able to recharge on gun racks at the expense of stopping power and no reload in their original concept.

i can tell you that the P8 Rifle cant hit shit, I've not tried the energy rifle

What I want is the nifty AR looking thing in the squad 42 slice

Has CIG completely forgotten about the Retaliator?

The ship will remain absolutely useless unless you decide to replace all the torpedo bays with living quarters effectively making it a small mobile base.

Its torpedoes are in game and can lock and fire 20 km out, and seem to 1hko just about anything

>implying lower clock speeds for higher number of cores is a good thing

use the shotgun, charged shot on it adds great versatility and use a railgun for your long distance work

20 fps lmao

>set 3.0 to download before going out for Christmas Eve dinner
>come home to shiny "launch game" button
>game launches, no problem
>people talked about 10 minute load times but load into Olisar instantly
>holy shit 41 fps
>leave bed, go downstairs
>ok 37 fps with random 25 fps drops not too bad
>call ship and walk outside
>now getting drops to 17 fps
>get in pilot seat and take off
>instantly 5 fps
>1070 and i74770k mind you
>pull my mouse through molasses and figure out how to quantum to Daymar in the glitchy and unreadable mobiglas
>"quantum travel initiated--emergency stop" x3
>finally get within 500km of moon
>start AFB towards outpost
>starcitizen.exe has stopped working
>mfw
>"Merry Christmas Citizens ;^)"

How the fuck did this make it to live? Oh, that's right. Chris was embarrassed to have 3.0 be over a year late and pushed it anyways. I know it's the network which is holding it back but holy fuck if we haven't been promised that ages ago. But who knows, maybe 2018 will be the year for Star Citizen after all :^))

are you ?

>Accept mission to pick up good from port olisar or however you spell it
>Tells me to land at landing pad 10
>Manually land at landing pad 10
>"Warning your crime stat has been increased from illegal parking"
WHAT THE FUCK ROBERTS

Land faster fagwad

genuinely the game was playable yesterday, 23 fps sure but it was solid

Today I cant get a server that's playable at all, even in a sparkly fresh server the 70FPS drops to single digits after a few minutes

I don't know what happened

>6 minutes of black screen and door stuck CAN'T GET THROUGH THE DOOR MAN! on the PU
>Fiddle with gun config in AC and do some solo vandal swarm
>Ship customization is so intuitive now"
>Can't hit shit. Gimbals were unequipped.
>No option to put them back on, in the ship customization menu. They don't even show up.

I'll see everyone again next patch I guess.

tfw there are actually people who can play for 2 hours without crashing, getting stuck in the seat or the server somehow not crashing the entire time while you yourself can't even run around for 20-30 seconds after getting out of the bed before the client shits itself

Just had the exact same experience after a "buttery (sandpaper) smooth" 25 fps that I got last night. I think that the FPS gets better late at night when no one is on the server.

You're asking the wrong question user, you should be asking why does the "PR department" get to decide whenever they should put something out or not, why is it so important for said department to have the 'back in 2017 we released 3.0 to live! we did gud jarb!!' milestone shit for shitizenCON 2018+
I unironically believe that of ALL the things that could sink the SC project indefinitely, it HAS to be the absolute horrid "PR/marketing team", that and the fucking cuntmunity "managers", one landwhale who's probably spent more time talking to some transgender freak on jewtube compared to the time overall he's actually been communicating with the cuntmunity as a whole and then you got homeless santa with fucking memes from almost 2 decades ago who decides to 'check out' whenever the cuntmunity is in an uproar over X, Y and Z
What the actual game might become is all fine 'n dandy but the PR/Marketing & "community management" is gonna be the death of this project, mark my fucking words
Biggest joke about it all is the fact that they could literally do just about anything, spit out a minelayer, show off some gundam-mechsuit shit and people would still buy ALL of it for hundreds of dollars and despite this fact they STILL fucking fail
mfn

how do you feel about tevarin cum, user?

No, I only launched it once and the load time was fine probably because it forgot to load all of the frames.

Apart from aesthetics, is there any reason I should dump my engineered Diamondback Scout for an iCourier?

Asp Explorer

>I unironically believe that of ALL the things that could sink the SC project indefinitely, it HAS to be the absolute horrid "PR/marketing team", that and the fucking cuntmunity "managers"
This is true user, but look to who is enabling them. Chris is too much of a softy to have the balls to fire his (literally) biggest fan and to throw homeless santa back on the streets where he belongs. Not only is he too cuckish to stand up to his wife, but she's blowjobbed her way into the top marketing position and he's allowing her to sully SQ42 in order to propel her long-dead ""acting"" career.

Bottom line: Chris has complete autocratic control over both game design and marketing decisions, but he's too weak and/or deluded to realize and make the right decisions in order to keep the project from failing.

It's an honest question. I want to know your opinion on various xeno cums. It's important to me.

What makes matters worse is the fact that Ben LardNeck brought along all the bullshit "moderators" he brought over from his shitty Wing commander fan-site and every single one of 'em is a fucking SJW cuck-boi addicted to soy products
Even IF spectrum wasn't such a shitty thing, the moderators would still shit all over it like they're doing it now
Unironically worse than fucking plebbit at this point, meaning the actual 'community' are outside of fucking spectrum and it's all the retards and other critters left on Spectrum who gets to be the 'vocal majority'

The spectrum circlejerk helps fund the game, but also push retarded memes and ideas which damage the game's image and impede on its development. Really a double-edged sword but I hope there's a net gain in the millions they're pumping into this shit.

Thanks to her we are now playing 3.0. Without her abilities as producer and director we wouldn't be able to play even this. Say "Thank you Sandi~!" and reply to this post.

post more rare sandis

ED should have stayed out

Why there is no real content in Beyond roadmap?
Like, who cares about planet graphics improvements?

if you just don't acknowledge it and cause a shitstorm to form, then its only like 1 out of every 30 or 40 posts that is ED related. I've never played the game, but until the SC general gets a lot more active I see no reason why they can't stay.

My Holiday patrol fleet

They've promised planet graphics, a few new ships and (CG) weapons and improved wings/player groups support.

They were also going to revamp powerplay, add Orrery view and atmospheric planets but have since dropped them because they were too difficult. They've also quietly dropped space legs.

What kind of autism is this?

>join EU server at 6 in the morning on christmas
>14fps with drops to sub 5 every 10-20 seconds
Amazing

tfw chris says they are aiming for 60fps on high end systems and 30 on low tier ones

Polaris for large ships
HammerHead to shit on fighters
StarG for long patrol support
SH to support the Polaris and StarG

High end today is low tier tomorrow.

I believe it especially once the object culling shit and other optimizations are in 3.1-3.3. Vulkan will also up, the big thing is if they can reduce ram requirements without reducing quality.

Wasn't questioning the roles of the ship but ok

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-performance-tidbits

feelsgoodman.jpeg

unplayable sack of shit

ill try this heap of crap again in a few months

So we aren't going to be seeing any patches until feb

Hopefully this poor performance drives enough people away to render the servers playable

CHRIS ROBERTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what gameplay elements do they have by now that are even fun conceptually

I genuinely enjoy destroying caterpillars and stealing their cargo

Why has the neck line plagued video games for such a long time?

>still talking about batch updates months later
>did not have time to implement the new features we mentioned last year like bind culling.
>Q1 update coming, so that's why we launched 3.0 early
Three more things filed under "Shit No One Believes"

E:D still shit?

Until they make content that actually gives players tools to build their own organizations, content and allows them to interact with each other, yes.

Star Citizen is now on par with ED when it comes to basic gameplay features. Only difference is the size of gameplay area.

I.e. both have PvP, trading/transportation missions, pirating, planetary gameplay. E:D isn't any bigger but it has vast procedural galaxy which makes it looks bigger along with random procedurally generated missions but they are all variations of kill X amount of people, transport cargo or passenger to X place, scan X planet surface - is there anything else what I'm missing? Star Citizen has all these already.

kk then.

Back to War Thunder.

Are the fps drops really that bad? I don't wanna sound like Derek but that seems really awful. If I were Roberts I would have waited a bit to correct that issue before releasing a build. Especially the random crashes, those really piss me off. How often are people getting those?

This much cargo cost me like 5k aUEC. RIP any big cargo ship owner unless they make big-ass courier missions

To add on to that, when I got onto the server I got stable ~45fps. Over the course of flying to Daymar, buying cargo, flying to Levski, getting interdicted, killing a pirate, landing and selling my stuff it steadily dropped to around 20.

>implying SC isnt a big SMT-guzzling gutterslut
think of how much steaming shit an f350 can haul acceptably for 10 miles vs. hauling that same amount of steaming shit for 2 miles in an f1 racer for 5 trips. or more simply, it's 25-30fps or 15-19fps. i have the 25-30fps option so i don't need to overthink it much, not like i own an 1800x to play videogames, it just happens to be nice to have for unfinished SMT-hogging games

It seems like a matter of luck. When I first played on the PTU three days ago I was getting a steady 50 FPS most of the time unless someting blew up thousands of kilometers away (you could hear the boom). The crashes were frequent though. I would always have 3-5 in succession followed by stability.

Chris is an eldritch monstrosity, only those that have beheld such cosmic horrors can know his terrible motivations.

Is the offline trick still working in 3.0?

You sound like an angry redpilled goon.

If you ever want to see real girls in SC you'll need those moderators because machoboy mentality is toxic.

Sure thing Plaxinov

take your meds

>I don't wanna sound like my boogeyman when making valid criticism
consider suicide

hello ^

;_; No bully ;_;

>THIS THREAD POST 3.0

>quoting the wrong person
do you have rheumatism?
you're literally shaking from anger to the point where you can't operate a computer mouse lol

youtube.com/watch?v=t8ghK6glerU

Some hands on with 3.0

>framerate
>clipping through the bed

:(

>Vulkan will also up
So they're gonna re-write this shit from scratch again?

>falling for the vulkan meme
shit aint gonna do anything

>itt people defending the game that's being worked on since 2k11 knowing it's never ever going to be released because devs are incompetent fucks

Now give me (you)'s

Merry Christmas, user

Merry Christmas, one and all. Regardless of whether you're a Derekist or a whale, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays!

Does anyone still play ED? It looks like everyone is playing SC but last time I checked SC out it was a pre beta piece of shit.

>all these stupid goon terms
Whats fud?

SC now is more of a game than ED ever was.

Nobody is playing SC because it doesn't work, only everyone is talking about it.

Then why isnt it on steam

Why would you give 30% to Valve?
Not even "marketing" would be worth it considering what they have, not to mention it would just add another storefront they have to run customer support for.

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. Cultists unironically use FUD as a deflection from criticism. They think if people say things that contradict holy doctrine, that a directly funded project could be threatened by outside influences while totally ignoring the hilarious mismanagement of company resources and burning backer good will for sales and hype.

>this is what star dads actually believe

what the fuck star citizen is like 200gb im not downloading this shit