Auties
And all the other things you love!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3un5f6qLi_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for LEAR OUT

benis

3rd for >page 7

All I want for christmas is /myteam/ not to be a fetus.

>Do you have any non-circumstantial proof that heights are that much better?
I remember those tests were being done before the Autumn rule changes, somebody was testing something like all 205 vs all 205, 205 vs 195, 205 vs 185, etc. Samples were only 10 matches for each iirc, but the trend was there.
>And if they weren't regulated, everyone could just use the same heights and the whole thing can be avoided.
Yeah, without regulation everyone would run 210 cm aside from memes, anything else is basically gimping yourself for no reason. But I prefer the variation and multiple options we have right now. Besides, everyone having 210 cm GKs would likely impact the average amount of goals we get per match.
>/merit/'s done them several times after both Summer and Autumn, I believe.
I'd ask for a /merit/ member reading this to be so kind and give us some results, but even I am not retarded enough to think any of them still go here. I know tests have been done, like the ones I mentioned above, but I don't think any of them were comparisons of "this team with and without HA".
>It stays consistent between days
Interesting, but I can't help but doubt how true it really is.
>a gold on 95 is not a big difference from a gold on 99
And a 189 cm gold is not a big difference from a 199 cm gold, even without the stat nerf. /lgbt/ actually managed to score 13 more goals across those 30 games when Kinsey was 189 cm, and purely anecdotally, Kinsey didn't seem like he minded being 10 cm shorter either, with assists, goals and braces a plenty.

>HA can be even more OP if it's used in conjunction with other things
Possibly, yeah. Right now all I really know is that HA (tall striker) has no influence on posslong CT, HA (tall defender) has no influence when playing against /sp/'s counter short CT, and from the spring /n/ vs /wg/ tests I did in the past, that /n/'s counter short centre (no advanced instructions) plays the same against /wg/'s poss short centre (no adv.) no matter the height. I suppose it's up to you how far you're willing to extend the results, anywhere from "but would HA be better if support range was 7 instead of 6" to "what if the team was a 5-3-2 and all the tall players were CBs", but I based this on /lgbt/ because they won the cup, are generally thought of as the team that found out the meta, the team that utilizes HA the best, and also sometimes the team that is only successful because their tactics are OP due to the tall players. In other words, I took the best HA using team, removed their HA, and they played their trademarked tactics just as well, if not better (probably due to RNG).

The only real difference I ever measured between the two brackets was that the 200+ cm goalkeepers were actually performing slightly better over a 189 cm one, but we're still talking only about an increase of a few percents (like 2-3%) in saves. Right now they're capped at 189 max no matter what, so that doesn't even matter anymore.

7th for /co/ winning the cup

>Yeah, without regulation everyone would run 210 cm aside from memes, anything else is basically gimping yourself for no reason. But I prefer the variation and multiple options we have right now.
The trouble is, whether it's by luck or not, the results of 2017 have said that if you the wrong variation you're basically throwing the cup before it even begins. Sure, if you don't care then that's fine, but given that things have shaken out as they have you'd be a fool to not go HA if you're trying to win.
>Interesting, but I can't help but doubt how true it really is.
Yeah, it's nothing I can prove, but there's at least some level of evidence to it. I know in my own testing for other things there'd be days where only the Home team won or only the Away team won, so even then there can still be stupid things like that, too. PES can be a bit of a mess sometimes.
>And a 189 cm gold is not a big difference from a 199 cm gold
The trouble is that there are things the 199 can do better than the 189 (particularly anything involving the air), but nothing the 189 can do better because the few stat points lost don't really matter. When a Silver can generally be only slightly worse than a gold in most things, a middle-ground doesn't matter. The tall player has a clear (if small) advantage that the stat nerf doesn't cover
>Kinsey didn't seem like he minded being 10 cm shorter either, with assists, goals and braces a plenty.
Sure, with a tall team behind him defending, winning the ball, then feeding him the ball well. The game's played as a team, not as a single player, so that's generally not indicative of much.

Honestly, just due to how much I don't trust PES, I don't think I'd rely too much on one machine's results, but those are at least good enough to cast some doubt I guess. It did make me curious as to maybe trying it out with some other, non-/lgbt/ teams, since it could just be that their core tactics are that good. There's a lot we don't know and just have to guess at, and I still feel like HA doesn't really need to be a thing whether it's broken or not (which I'm still thinking that it is, sorry).

lads

LADS

Adaptive AI

Merry Rigmas, /4ccg/
Santa's Hat: /an/

Veeky Forums Forever Merry Christmas

>the wrong variation you're basically throwing the cup
Yeah, that's why I am doing these tests, to counter the assumptions that HA bracket is the only way to go. Mostly for myself, but if it makes anyone else think, even better.
>there'd be days where only the Home team won or only the Away team won
Yeah, PES can be full of that bullshit. But eventually it all evens out with enough games. Even those recent /lgbt/ tests actually managed to have consistent results in batches of ten - 4/2/4, 4/2/4, 4/3/3 for the green bracket.
>the few stat points lost don't really matter.
You assume that, but there's no way to really know. Stat points themselves matter just like height does, I think there is no debate that a gold is better than a regular and that a 200 cm player is better than a 170 cm one. So if 77 to 99 is different, so should logically be 94 to 99. If I assume that every shot a striker takes, the direction, power and other aspects of the kick are decided according to the striker's skills, a 99 striker should have a better chance of scoring than a 95, just like he has over a 77. Maybe he doesn't choke one in ten shots the 94 would. Maybe one in six, or one in 15. But he does something better. The difference might be marginal, but so are the extra cm. Testing doesn't show a clear advantage of neither a 189 99 nor a 199 94 striker, at least.
>with a tall team behind him
the rest of the team was sub-190 as well. Kinsey and Hon (CB) were the only outfield HA players changed for the red bracket. I'm just saying that Kinsey's performance overall wasn't hurt by the lost 10 cm, but it's just an anecdote.

FWIW it's been two machines.
>their core tactics are that good.
40% winrate :^)
Maybe you'd like a gander at the replays of /n/ vs /wg/ from Spring I did. Two machines, several weekends, whopping 300 games. /n/ with and without HA. 2 gold 195, 194 SS into 185, 189 that didn't matter, GK from 200 to 185 which showed a bit.
And merry Christmas lad.

>Yeah, that's why I am doing these tests, to counter the assumptions that HA bracket is the only way to go. Mostly for myself, but if it makes anyone else think, even better.
For all the angry posting, it's still more than I'm doing so regardless I should thank you for actually being proactive regardless.
> Even those recent /lgbt/ tests actually managed to have consistent results in batches of ten - 4/2/4, 4/2/4, 4/3/3 for the green bracket.
I've kind of noticed that too in testing things, PES likes to go in batches of 10 for things. I don't know if that's just another weird pattern where there isn't one, but it's just another quirk I guess.
>The difference might be marginal, but so are the extra cm.
I'd still argue the defensive advantage of being taller would be less marginal, just for the fact that while the 95 SHOULD be lesser by a little than the 99, in practice they haven't been shown to be any worse, just because it's so close. In general, in sports games numbers that are close to eachother have very little variance (i.e. someone at 92 will be as good as someone at 95), so I don't think that quite pans out, but maybe it'd be something else to look at?
>FWIW it's been two machines
Didn't know that, good thinking though.
>Maybe you'd like a gander at the replays of /n/ vs /wg/ from Spring I did.
Just from the datasets here, the Non-HA had more goals (which says to me that they're worse at defending overall), while the HA team had 12 less losses overall (which says to me they're likely to succeed more). It's not enough to erase my skepticism, sorry to say.
And yes, Merry Christmas to you too, mate. May your team get a(nother?) star In Summer, after /myteam/ wins Winter (^:

>maybe it'd be something else to look at?
It would be next to impossible to actually measure the impact, though. The HA vs no HA testing doesn't show any difference, going with all medals/all players nerfed with a large sample size might give us more info if there is something (there logically should be), but then we're testing unrealistic scenarios again where we can already kinda predict the effect (similarly to the all 200 vs all 190 tests, etc).

To put the data in more context, /n/'s only affected players were two gold second strikers and the goalkeeper, who lost 5, 10 and 15 centimeters respectively. /n/'s offense managed to stay virtually unchanged - only a couple more on target shots and two goals across 150 games without HA. /wg/ got 60 more shots, which is still only 0.4 more per match (and I'm willing to chalk that up to PES being PES). /wg/'s on target shots increased by 33, but /n/ conceded 41 more goals overall. Since the defense was completely unchanged, this is all on the goalkeeper. The drop from 200 to 185 reflects in the results, but that is also the only thing that does. It's what shifted wins to draws and draws to losses, since that is roughly one extra /wg/ goal every third game. Not that much of a difference, but it adds up, and definitely enough to be a factor in a cup.
However since the GKs are now hard capped at 189 (and everyone should always run a 189 GK), that is now irrelevant. The two smaller 99 gold second strikers actually edged out better stats overall, but 2 goals in 150 games is a grain of sand. HA strikers haven't been shown to have any advantage, though.

32/32
Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas, Goat

Merry Christmas y'all

christmas

Stupor Cup 4 to be held sometime in January between /lgbt/ and /r9k/. Just needing to wait for news on Winter Friendlies, then we could try to set up a good date for that match that the managers of both teams can agree upon.

Have a very merry Christmas, lads~

Merry Christmas from /ddlc/! Let's all have a fun winter season!

Kill yourself.

Fuck off you miserable fucking cunt, it's goddamn christmas and you're gonna be over here fuckin being a jackass to some guy? Don't fuckin' matter if you don't goddamn like them, be fucking nice you absolute fucking pond scum of a human being. Shit, human being is too fucking nice for your bullshit. You're a fucking subhuman piece of nothing.

This guy is thinking about what he's going to run in Winter

>PAGE 10

>PAGE 10

Merry Christmas Goat and thanks for the papes

>Page 10

merry christmas goat

Fucking finally now you can stop being an attentionwhore

>page 10

>page 10

I would not last 2 minutes with Illya, god give me strength

don't be rude

Illya is not for sexual. Fuck Kuro instead.

F/SN Illya is indeed not for sexual. I cannot say the same about Prisma Illya.

i want to slowly pat illya's head from prisma while she sucks my dick

Ah, a fellow man of culture I see...

you disappoint me

I want to penetrate boipussi

I want to penetrate animepussi

I want to penetrate marepussi

I want to penetrate Ramen

same

Will there be winter friendlies?

Nah Sou got deported for Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too user

merry Christmas
love each other

you are loved

Veeky Forums FOREVER
page 10

Veeky ForumsL rankings when?

NEVER EVER

I know Im late but Merry Rigmas /4ccg/. Here's to a blazing 2018 Friendlies wiki page soon,
work has me by the balls at the moment. Will probably go live some time tomorrow™.

>page

Cool.

>page 9

Merry Christmas from your good friends at Veeky Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=3un5f6qLi_k

>page 10

>page 10

Hey lads, just a quick update and sorry. The Kurisumasu Cup III will be delayed by one hour due to work. Soz for that.

Merry Boxing Day.

How many hours from now is that?

What teams sent in exports?

post more dog

Merry boxing day you git. God bless you for streaming today.

Manager Cuteness Index when

bullet through your head when

;c

the user doing it is ded

Don't worry Ramen you willll be on the top spot :3

i'm still liv but every time i think about the index i just know i'm going to hurt people's feelings with it and this is a time of year when everyone should be happy

can we not just go with page 9 anime user's suggestion that like girls, all managers are best manager?

i'm thankfully not ramen and never will be

>page 9

MERRY CHRISTMAS! AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

You too

Welcome to the Anne Frank Cup, a series of simulated soccer tournaments played on games from the Anne Evolution Soccer series. Since 2011 the boards of Frank-chan have competed on the field for the unrivaled honor of being crowned champions.

>page 9

Niiiiiiice

>page 10

>page 10

>page 10

>everyone is busy celebrating Christmas
>except for page 9 anime user, who has nothing better to do than bump the general every hour

rude, I had a lovely christmas
it's easy to check up on the thread

>preventing the thread's death from being the greatest present of all

The stream is better now...

Post wig

>/c/

>sda

>page 10

Those Japanese dresses do things to my dick like you wouldn't believe.

It is aleays a funny ride with >SDA in town!

We'll continue the VB Kurisumasu Cup III New Years Edition tomorrow or when ever I wake up next and not have to go to work, Sorry for the problems at the start. I just hope you guys had some fun on ya Boxing day, I know I sure had.

>page 10

>PAGE 10

The wiki page seems to have a mistake. Shouldn't /m/ be in the semi finals instead of /cm/?

>SDA rigging it for a gay anime team

>page 10