Nioh General - /niohg/

Kara-Jishi edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

>onmyo so bad that discussing it killed the old thread

I have a lot of nostalgia for the Onimusha games but I really didn't care for the souls games which was what everyone was comparing this game out. It it still worth picking up?

This is more like Onimusha + Ninja Gaiden than it is Souls.

Boy, I picked the wrong time to get into this game.

Maybe it's just the Holidays, and things'll pick up in January.

It's literally Christmas Eve.

I've been here for about a week. Been pretty quiet the whole time. There's some shitposting during Burgerland daylight hours, but at night there's probably less than four or five posters.

As I said, I hope it's just the Holidays.

>tfw no giant ninja frog dad

Is there a way to quit a mission without losing all my amrita?

Himorogi Branch

I wish I had bothered to see what Summoner's Candles did on my first playthrough.

where do i go to get thrown weapon damage inheritables?

anywhere, its random drop

this

What do they do?

return your amrita and spirit

Merry christmas, user-dono

Is it just me or are a lot of jin hayabusa's attacks unreactable and cheap?

it would be much easier if not the grass

>literally every host is wearing hayabusa set with dragon sword

Anyone want to help me farm hayabusa? I just want his gear. Way of the samurai/strong it doesn't matter. I have enough looks to upgrade it.

>ninja gaiden fight
Thank god it's over.
I just had to rape his KI with the odachi and grapple him to hell and back

what? it's more Souls than it's Ninja Gaiden

I'm on WotD and I still haven't beaten him on WotSamurai.

I still haven't beaten Return of the Gourd either

rock solves everything. well, almost everything

>Return of the Gourd
Fucks sake don't get me started.
I managed to do it after getting divine gear at the end of the first DLC at NG, that shit required me to cheese the shit enemies using the pit at the side, using living weapon twice, consuming all my 9 elixirs and a couple of shitfuckyou medicines
I'd say all my tries combined took me 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Yeah, once i learned that hitting him with sloth was not gonna happen i just used the bear moment talisman omnyo magic thing to just slap him to the ground

Looking for feedback on how to improve this build.

So where can I farm inheritables in the PC version? There's hardly any bodies in Death to Bandits and I don't think Spirit Stone Huntress updates the bodies often.

>inheritables
just play the game, they are random anyway

Don't farm Revenants that's for given.

Your best bet is Marobashi on WotD or higher

I'm assuming you don't use the Kusa at all based on those stats.
Tsukuyomi and Ninigi are not good 4pc Graces, but obviously changing grace is a lot of work. At least you have 4x4 CCD bonuses which is the main thing.
Earth on the Tonfas is really a waste, especially if you're not weapon switching because there's no reason not to use a talisman instead, and the talisman overrides the Earth damage entirely.
The biggest impact extra stat there would be weaken Torso or Weapon, but you probably have a hard time rerolling because you've picked a weapon with no inheritable. For future reference when crafting try to pick out the rolls which either have an inheritable or a spare line for one as well as the grace.

Lightning Cannon is a personal favorite for the ranged bonuses, I hope you have that active most of the time.
Attack on every piece of gear is really really questionable when you can be using that slot for Firearms...

Actually yea your biggest issue by far is that you have just zero survivability here at all. You're all light with no Toughness whatsoever and no Firearms reduction. You're trying to stack damage bonuses on everything you can get but you're going to get fucked by generic skeletons with a rifle at this rate. You can hit 200 toughness and 100% or near enough firearms on a 'A' Agility build with the set and graces you have, I strongly recommend working towards that instead of inheriting 67 Attack on a build which already has 4500 Attack.

For stats you really don't need all that Heart. If you stop at 40 you can chuck the rest into Stamina and then start rolling better Graces on some Medium armour so you can have enough Toughness to not get fucked. Here's a shot of a 200+ Toughness build for 'A' Agility which would be reachable with your build if you shuffled into Stamina.

>tonfa gun
play a non cheese build

Also the 200 Dexterity when you're not using the Kusa is probably less valuable than some more points into Onmyo to extend the duration of your buffs. Tonfa Dex scaling is D and you're only at 30 Onmyo, try knocking that up to 50+ and you'll see a big difference in your buff duration.

Past “bonfires” and “bloodstains” there really isn’t any souls in nioh at all. Everything else has been altered too much to really be a Souls mechanic.

not him, but does 3x3x3 sets really matters that much? How big is a differente another +14% CCD makes?

>someone actually calling a tonfa build cheese

I’m glad this general is dead. Nothing good ever really came out of this place anyway.

It's bigger than any other damage increase you're going to get from anywhere assuming your weapon is properly rolled. The CCD bonuses on sets are the bonuses with the largest impact, most of the other bonuses are fluff with the exception of the odd unbalanced one like Izanagi 3pc, which makes it way better for damage than any grace.

>a single attribute on a single weapon that allows to suddenly day more damage than any other weapon of that or other types
it's pretty much the definition of cheese you delusional faget

well that sucks, i already redefiled my shit twice

>sarutobi was literally the tonfa poster child
>dont use his weapons though

Whatever dude.

Actually every point of damage is extremely valuable in Nioh.
I never bothered to figure out the exact formula, but ultimately each point of attack becomes more potent the further you surpass the enemies defense.
Ever wondered why you do so little damage to revenants? They have defense similar to the player, which is usually higher than their attack, given same level items. If your attack is lower than the enemies defense, you will lose an extreme amount of damage.
On the other side, if your attack is much higher than the enemies defense (try hitting an enemy from wots when you are already in wotn or so) the damage is almost not mitigated and I am pretty sure the damage also increases above 100%, i.e. there is no limit as to how far you can surpass the enemies defenses and each point of attack adding more and more damage.

>implying Nioh isn't developed with extreme cheese in mind

i have tatenashi and hiraishi but no -firearms damage accessories, but instead i have room for more atck inheritable on armor.
Won't be a bad trade to replace my gear and inherit -firearms and lose all that attack for 14CCD?

You can read up that formula on reddit, but overall if you need to calculate the value of that extra attack multiplied with your bonuses before the 14 ccd and compare it with the bonus you get from an additional 14% but without the extra base attack.

In general the % bonus is always worse than the base attack until after you reach like + 100 or so weapons.

Personally I think full tatenashi and no hiraishi at all is better. You can't get both of them full and the % reduction bonus from tatenashi is effectively the same as the hp from hiraishi. Also tatenashi gives you equipment weight damage, which is an extra 15% ccd, which otherwise you would have a hard time to get, since you will use familiarity on your weapon and agility on your ranged weapon.

>Actually every point of damage is extremely valuable in Nioh.
Sure, but you're telling a guy with 0% Firearms reduction and roughly 140 Toughness that he should inherit more +Attack. The biggest gains to be had for his setup come from damage reduction.

I'm interested to know if you literally die to one rifle shot from a Skeleton.

Oh I thought he was the tatenashi guy.

I agree. Get Tatenashi and firearms resistance if you don't want to get raped by everything for failing to dodge once. Especially firearms resistance allows you to ignore all those pesky shit every enemy throws at you without break.

I don't, even direct cannon hit leaves me with like 1400 hp

he has almost 200 body, so his hp should be 6k+ and a shot like that probably does like 4k to him

Fair enough, but you'll be amazed how much extra damage you can do when you have 90% firearms and No Guard Break (Projectile) on an accessory, simply because you don't have to wait and dodge every trash mob with a gun.

>let's just throw in two bosses, which were never designed to be fought together, into the same arena
>ha-ha, good job, designer-kun, I'm sure the players will appreciate the "challenge"

>let's just make annoying fucking mazes that are confusing so players will summon other people to help them but no one wants to replay the maze maps so they fucking kill themselves

The AI is changed for most "double boss" fights to make them work properly and they usually become trivial as a result. Warriors of the East+West except the warrior of the East just wanders slowly around and doesn't bother charging you while you finish shiggy off, the fight just looks farcical.

Yeah, changed. The nigger during his double boss with Nobunaga is permanently buffed. And Nobunaga isn't changed at all. Not to mention they throw a gauntlet of revenants at you before the boss.

Nobunaga is an extremely weak boss though, once you're used to dodging his double dashing stab you can just walk away from him forever and he does nothing. To clear return of the gourd kill the other guy first while constantly kiting backwards, and debuff him with weaken and/or Wind so he can't randomly kill you.

The revenant gauntlet prior to that is a bit of a gear check though.

I know, he barely touched me during the story battle. I was juggling him on my spear.
But another aggressive boss present in the arena completely changes things.
>The revenant gauntlet prior to that is a bit of a gear check though.
I just finished the story, and I'm not using cheese weapons like kat and 2kat.
I've read this quest was only added in a patch. I guess an intern was in charge of making up some post-game content at the time.

Revenants don't really work as a combat challenge because player quick attacks are unreactable and can be fully hyper armoured with some toughness, there's also little or no recovery on any player abilities. If your gear is behind the curve and you can't afford to trade any damage with them then you're limited to cheesing them with Twisting spear nonsense, Kat parries, Daiba GS attack etc.
You can't approach a revenant with much higher damage and resistance than you and legitimately play around it, unless it happens to be using a slow weapon with no toughness for some reason.

Having said that I found Spear the easiest weapon to do return of the gourd with because you can knockdown both revenants at once with twisting spear. Having 2 targets makes it harder to use backwave, Twisting spear carried me through that when it first unlocked in NG, with me in light armour purps.

how well optimized is this game?
the recommended specs seem pretty intense

I just reset my character to be throwing a bunch of shuriken, kunai, storm kunai, fire shurikens, mega bombs. Is there any other ninja stuff to mix in there? Also, is iga jonin the sole ninjutsu set or will there be something else i can use eventually?

here's some ninja info

bad info

kunai or shuriken later on become extremely deadly when you can stack throwing damage x 2, throwing speed, unlimited ninjutsu, throwing damage etc. doing like 10k damage per kunai thrown at machinegun speed

quickchange scrolls allow you to cheat death
groundfire trap works wonders against humanoid enemies

other than that ninjutsu is mostly just gimmicks you don't really need

Just got the complete edition for Xmas, what are some fun builds? Does an elemental/magic build work?

Anything works.
Though basically the game is melee only with the other stuff being support abilities that just go completely out of control if you stack the right stats.

Man switching between 2kat and 1kat made the combat better. I pretty much switch between mid stance and low stance. However the horned yokai oni still kick my ass so far. I keep chip damaging them then I get hit and 800 health just disappears. The 2nd story mission is littered with them, It's ridiculous

You know, high stance (the one stance you aren’t using as much) just so happens to be the best stance for most horned yokai (the enemies you just so happen to be having a harder time with).

Hitting them in the horn will break it, dropping their ki to 0 and causing them to drop to the ground so you can get a final blow on them. While their ki is at 0 every single hit you land on them will make them flinch and stagger so you can do a large amount of damage to them before they recover. If you don’t have a hang of using ki pulse yet throw some salt into the yokai realm clouds to dispell it just the same - yokai realm makes yokai recover their ki, and you don’t want your yokai to have any ki at all.

>it's a 100 man tournament
>please don't let it be literally 100 enemies with no checkpoints and bosses in the middle, please don't let it be literally 100 enemies with no checkpoints and bosses in the middle
>mfw

I guess I need to learn to switch all stances on the fly and utilize high stance more. I have a good grasp of the ki pulse mechanic, I just miss hit when I feel pressured from taking a hit.

You’ll get the hang of it. Salt and Kekai Talismans from the Onmyo tree are good alternatives. At least pick up the onmyo passive to increase purification range so you don’t have to be standing directly in the stuff to ki pulse it away. A perfect dodge ki pulse can still dispell yokai realm as well.

Started the game yesterday...already hate it.
How the hell do you kill the vampire bitch? (Aside of giting gud)

doggo(kato) spaming

Run around avoiding her shit, then run up and hit her when she finishes whatever attack she does, then run away again

>doing some random coop
>every host dies to running in and triggering yokai portals
Is there a way to trigger those at a distance?

equip some paralysis resistance talisman, then you don't have to dodge everything
if you are fast enough, hit her with your ranged weapon while she is in the air and you will get some free hits

She is your lesson in draining an enemies ki. Purify all her yokai realm clouds with perfect ki pulses at all cost and wear down her ki - spear mid stance heavy attacks do a good job here. Once her ki is out she will drop to the ground - circle to her back and land a good high stance combo for some damage and get out of there before she gets up and grabs you. You can shoot / throw shit at her while she is in the air for high ki damage as well.

Vs paralysis will help. If you don’t already have the needles on your shortcuts, put them there. If you are out of needles grab the paralysis pills from the ninjust tree - you should only need to put a single point into dexterity for it.

Anyone up for helping me in omi region, mission levels jumped almost 100 and I'm getting rekt.

If on PC I can help

How do Levels work? Does it work the same as in Souls game that you'd rather stop leveling up at a certain point do you can PvP and Coop or does it not matter?

Ps4 :(

her "spinning" attack is the worst, I don't even try to dodge it, just block it and hit her a few times after that
learn to dodge her shooting paralysing shit and the fight becomes pretty easy
when she flies shoot her with your canon or bow

Cap is 750 and there is no reason not to go for it. Co-op matching is based on game progress and not level.