>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSNaxLxtP4Y)
youtube.com/watch?v=I1Gw3kfkXGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post, First of The Dead

JUST got a ps4 and bloodborne, what are some neat tips and tricks?

PChain is basically FaP but godly at low levels. If you don't need the ring slot(s), it basically turns you into a SL140 character for negligible cost, particularly since it stacks with FaP+3.

Blessed has always been shit on literally all but two weapons in the game. Only use it on LKGS or DSA, otherwise it's only good on an off-hand parry tool.

Don't ever level Endurance past 20.

Fear not the ____, friend. Let the _____ begin

As autistic as they are, SchwaAkari (youtube.com/watch?v=bSNaxLxtP4Y) has inspired me to abandon meta builds. What are your favorite non-meta weapon combos?

I've really been enjoying Pontiff Scythe in my right hand and Warden Twinblades in my left (for parrying). The frost aura is great for zoning, and frostbite+bleed can cause a lot of pressure - shields don't do squat, and it's brutal when they proc seconds apart. The scythe outranges straight swords and chips through shields, and the Twinblades clean house against pretty much everything else. Alternating between the two makes you hard to predict and seems to really throw people off (though maybe it's just because nobody uses scythes).

What's DSA? Blanking out. I know the other one is a greatsword.

Thanks, I guess I'll get the ring then.

Dragonslayer Axe, the lightning infused one you get from Creighton.

The invasion limit probably resets on reload/bonfire but even if it doesn't you'll be at the lowest possible priority.

This, i've never been invaded while playing solo, i was embered like 80% of the game.

bout to start my STR/INT build in Das3. Does anyone have any god tier waifu sliders?

I dabble in bandit knife and twin daggers. I mostly just do coop/solo stuff, I just let pvp happens when it happen and I can usually hold my own. I use a somewhat typical thiefy playstyle; lots of hit and run with throwing tools of all kinds, some light magic like spook and hidden body with utility rings like silver cat and slumbering/lingering.

Against real pvp builds it falls short, but if I'm patient enough I can make some magic happen. The true enjoyment for me with this build is just bypassing rabble enemies and collecting items uncontested, as well as dashing through swamps and hiding from pvpers with chameleon. I enjoy the little things.

Akari's videos are entertaining, but not really all that informative since most of the hosts and phantoms in her videos are rock stupid (the segments where she actually loses are actually more informative and entertaining than the ones where she wins).

Check the OP.

Where does Patches reside in the Firelink Shrine? He didn't show up in the Cathedral, but did try to trap me in the Firekeeper's Tower. Since then I went around the entire area looking for him, but no sign.

Sulyvahn did nothing wrong

there's literally no str/int synergy
go str/fai or go home

Upper level on the right, next to the exit to the Giant Tree.

left

>What are your favorite non-meta weapon combos?
I don't have a favorite. I do cosplays or just use a different weapon for each invasion.

Are you the drawfriend?

how do i santa claus build?

He only made 1 mistake
1handing an ultra

Does anyone have a spare Soul of Champion Gundyr? I used his soul for the ring but I really wanted to try his halberd too. I'm on PS4.

What is the best offhand to infuse with Simple, assuming it's purely for FP regen? Are there any Simple weapons that won't suck balls without lots of int?

Heysel pick, my man
>woman
>str

>FP regen
Don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1Gw3kfkXGk

>missed the plunge attack on ancient wyvern
fuck

>no STR/INT synergy

wait, is he right? I thought every build could be viable??

Use Slave Knight hood, have a beard and a lot of presents

I can go start up my game and see if I have it. I can probably give you the Halberd directly.

Simple barely affects the default scaling, unlike Crystal which tanks defaults and greatly boosts INT scaling. You don't need a lot of INT to use a Simple weapon, like it literally says in the item description.

>I can probably give you the Halberd directly.
Thanks. I never did this before, should I go to an area with an undefeated boss to summon you?

A parrying tool is the best thing to infuse Simple.

It can still be useful in invasions, if you use WAs a lot it can keep you from having to sink any of your Estus into blue.

No, you're thinking of DaS2. DaS3 is the game that has extreme restrictions on build variety.

Fear not the old blood, friend. Let the blood moon begin

There he is. Thanks user!

lol
i have literal brain retardation and i didn't miss it

DS2 doesn't have builds because it doesn't have SL-based metas.
Unless you consider SL666 haveljesters a build.

How likely is a ban if I were to change my level in DaS3 ps4? I want to be max level in the 120 range.

I did it anyways but I can connect online just fine.

Jesus, user is literally retarded. Holy fuck, my sides. What do you have, user?

First time missing it in 6 playthroughs
I dunno how I did it
also how come this nerd can't see you all the way up here

>it doesn't have SL-based metas
Arena matchmaking is SL-based, you fucking retard. And unlike DaS3, DaS2 was actually balanced with duel builds in mind.

>I thought every build could be viable??
For pve. And every build is possible. But not every build is pve viable. Point is, with buffs being independant of weapon AR (except one fai buff) and casting speed being tied to dex, str/caster leaves a lot to be desired. At least fai has a few weapons catering to str, int only has one. And of course you can infuse, but you would be doing more damage just going heavy or sharp.
Both fine answers but we were looking for "dark" and "feast"

why the fuck is it so hard to make a tank/faith build in ds3? shit takes too lon

nothing too bad, it's related to speech mostly

Yeah, and set a password.

cast speed should have been attunement, one of the few things ds2 did right

>Arena matchmaking is SL-based
It's only SL-based in first, like, 30 seconds, then it widens your SL to a point when it becomes useless.
I know this for a fact because i used metacap back when that shit actually worked.
>DaS2 was actually balanced with duel builds in mind
Oh yes, that's why it had jester estoc turtles destroying literally everything under the sun.
It was an unbalanced piece of trash on every single level possible. And focus on duelling is the single most retarded decision they did in whole series given that it's literally worthless.

Okay, can you go to earthen peak ruins? The second bonfire in ringed city.
Password is halberd

So i'm begginig a herald character what stat should i max ?

Thanks, that was informative. I only need enough FP to keep WA buffs (eg Onyx Blade) active, and can't really fit more weapons or rings into my build, but I'll keep that in mind for later.

Okay, sorry. The split damage is still shit, though.

>A parrying tool is the best thing to infuse Simple.
Righto. I usually use Simple Caestus, but I would really like an actual weapon that can offhand parry. Is there anything that could fit the bill without borking its damage?

The delete character stat followed by picking the K***ht class instead.

I don't have the Ringed City open but it works if I summon you. Can you come to Irithyll Dungeon or Ariandel Chapel?

I'm new to this general, what do you mean ?

He means that the Herald class is fucking shit

If you're doing a Pyro build, then you'll have Int to actually benefit somewhat from the scaling. You could try some funky shit like a Rapier or Scimitar, the latter is supposedly very good with most infusions.

>tank/faith build in ds3? shit takes too lon
Just play your knight normally up to 60 or so before starting to invest in fai. Wait, you didn't actually start as cleric, did you?
>few
Ds2 actually did a lot of things right. Problem is that it completely fucked up more important aspects of the game.
You can do it in any area if he uses a red sign. Also, you can drop boss souls for other players. Nor covenant offerings, upgrade mats and weapons upgraded past their weapon memory

He's an autistic pvp minmaxer, just ignore him.

Alright, I'm going to Ariandel Chapel. Same password.

merry christmas!!

Herald is a shitty PvE class too. K***ht is still better in literally every way.

Pontiff's is completely dead at this range as opposed to 351-802. What are the dueling spots other than arena at 120?

Well do you have an answer then ?

I'm doing an SL20 twink build. I just have enough stats to equip Onyx Blade; everything else went into Vig.

I was thinking of giving the scimitar a go. Can Falchion still parry in DS3?

hell no, i tried to start as a cleric and wanted to die just because how weird his stats are. i just got bored because all the faith infusing is late game.
dont listen to him, you just play what you think is fun.

Yeah, go Quality/FTH i.e str/dex leveled roughly equally and then FTH/ATT
You can respec later if you fear stat misplacement

I put my sign down... unles you killed Friede or didn't activate it. Who's gonna summon who?

Falchion can't, however
-scimitar
-pontiff knight curved sword
-painting guardian curved sword
-shotel
-sellsword's
-warden's
-scar (I think?)
Can

I killed Friede already, can you summon me?

Falchion is a heavy curved sword, it can't parry. The ones that can are Scimitar, Shotel, Rotten Ghru, Pontiff K***ht, Painting Guardian, Sellswords and Wardens.

Well that's a bummer. Thanks!

Demon's Scar casts pyromancies with the L2. It can't even use strong attacks in the right hand.

What's the ATT stat ?

Attunement gives you spell slots and mana that you use to cast your miracles.

Thanks for the halberd, user. Have this nice picture.

the rocky sneks in ADP sound like the fiends from quake
fug

Nice dude

No problem dude, I'm on NG+3 so I had a few spare items haha.

>Blocks your path
Think I prefer player phantoms tbqh

early game might be rough, but it should get pretty tame like an hour in.

>infinite FP and stamina
Player invaders are way better to deal with, no bullshit spell spamming with tracking

Yeah i know

Merry Christmas to you too, bud. Hope you're having a decent one.

He's basically the guardbreak tutorial. Really, as hypothetically bullshit as all the DS2 NPC phantoms are, most of them are pretty easy. Even Maldron The Ass wasn't as tough as I was expecting. A remarkably well-scripted asshole, but not an impossible opponent.

Now DS3 does have bullshit phantoms. Parry God Hodrick immediately comes to mind, especially his rematch in Road of Sacrifices where he's suddenly about three times stronger than he was in Settlement.

Is this build a big fat shitty meme or did it actually work on people with half a brain?

Reminder that giantdad was considered unbeatable cancer at one point, you can’t expect much from autists.

>exactly 1000 damage riposte
my autism is satisfied

>the cutscene of Smough after killing Ornstein

I'm using a quality build with a spear, and I can beat anything except good parry fishers reliably. What's a good backup weapon to deal with those?

An ultra greatsword.

Whip. Or don't attack twice

>come back to Dark Souls 3 after 3 months straight of Nioh
>start new build today
>getting my ass handed to me by Iudex

jesus fucking christ Im never playing another ARPG that isnt Souls or Bloodborne EVER again. I keep pressing Square thinking its the quick attack button. Holy mother of fuck this is maddening

I mean, this build is kinda harder to backstab but still, I understand.

Did you play Nier : A or Nioh?

crossbow, bombs, knifes

Nioh, up to halfway thru Way of the Strong

Not as much of a meme as giantdad, more annoying and dangerous but far from invincible. I mostly hate seeing it because I appreciate originality in builds.

Besides Flame Orb, what are some must-have Pyro spells early game? Im talking Undead Settlement early

Can someone spoonfeed me a faith build? Maybe faith/dex or faith/str if you prefer. I just want to be Jesus and cast golden shit.

39 Vigor
24 Attunement
26 Endurance
60 Faith
Rest of the points however you want, but minimize Vitality, Intelligence and Luck as much as possible..

>ANOTHER Jesus build
original and creative....