Nioh General - /niohg/

Gacha edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Closed for maintenance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69GrykT5TNk
youtube.com/watch?v=rK-0upbeFjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for hosts falling into holes every time they summon you.

i'm wearing 1 tatenashi, 5 tajikarao and 3 hiraishi.

Third for getting so excited about being able to summon somebody that you run straight into a hole.

i liek holes

forgot to add. Tatenashi equipment bonus is like 5% and another 10% is innate bonus that has nothing to do with wearing tatenashi according to ledit

Anyone up to help me in omi on way of the strong ps4?

What's the best build to get me through way of the strong? right now i'm decked out in full hayabusa set w/ dragon sword, but i want something more interesting.

basically anything. WotN is where real minmaxing starts

master swordsman's set
feel the joy of landing multiple sotc

/niohg/, is there any stat that governs the damage you deal with Final Blow?
I see people farming Marobashi and they deal insane amounts of damage with Final Blow and yet I have to deal 4~5 to kill the masters. And my damage isn't even that low.
WotS, btw.

I'm on ng+ and every region from omi on are 5 swords, and hundreds of levels higher. I'm 215 with divine gear weapons +6 hayabusa set. Do I just grind a few hundred levels?

Any weapon recs?

probably underleveled and low + on gear/weapon.

on new difficulty you will get several levels of amrita on completion anyway

Huh, I see.

Also, if you would be so kind to answer: Can I upgrade my weapon from 9+ to 10+ to 11+ without maxing familiarity first? Or should I max it for each upgrade? Does it change anything?

familiarity doesn't matter unless you're transferring inheritables, then both items have to be with max familiarity.

Huh?

you'll need to do missions anyway so why not get some levels and progress into the game instead of farming stupid marobashi

The master swordsman's 2kat should be in one of your slots. Other than that I've just been using the best 2kat I run across in wots. But I'm not a build expert.
Remember you can cancel part of the sotc animation by ki pulsing at the same time you use sotc. When chaining them you may need to back dodge after an sotc to readjust for the next one. Use god of wind and moon shadow to soften humans before sotc.

Kingo's set can increase final blow damage. If you go with 2kat you can try knocking them back down with sotc when they try to get up.

The master swordsman's set comes from a dojo mission right? how do i unlock the dojo missions in wots?

Every time I've tried to summon someone they were always 750 and roflstomped everything. Now that i need someone to roflstomp shit I get lvl 170s. Where were these cunts when I just wanted fun co op?

If I'm not mistaken you need to complete all the missions and submissions for the area the dojo mission normally unlocks in (double check that). You can also get it from Ashikaga in marobashi, which is what I did. You might try out 2kat a bit first before bothering to get it.

well, who the fuck knows. Try to do it yourself, game is gonna get only harder from this point

sorry for asking so many questions, but do I have to unlock the dojo missions sequentially? and if not, which region should i complete to unlock the master swordsman dojo mission?

Here's an example of what you can do if you want to farm marobashi

youtube.com/watch?v=69GrykT5TNk

Sorry, but I haven't done it yet myself so I'm not sure. Ashikaga is the 2nd fight in marobashi, so I'd try going that route first.

stop using sloth on bosses when you're past way of samurai holy shit

I'm going to use my 1.5x Onmyo mastery and you can't stop me.

>still works long enough for a breather even in WotN

Why?

Some people are so unga they're used to a boss's timing so suddenly slowing them fucks up their dodge/attack rhythm

>so unga
literally changes all boss attacks and makes the fight 10 times harder

>so unga
Wat

I just beat this guy. How far am i from dlc content? Is it all postgame?

What should i spend my omnyo points into? I mostly only ever use gaurdian spirit but the bat gs attack really sucks

2main missions away

not counting the queens eyes tho. i don't remember if you need to do it before unlocking DLC

anyone know that sort of sad song that plays in a few places ambiently? it plays in the temple before the fight with the fake shiggy after you use the stone to open the door, and a couple other places i can't remember. i listened to 2 hours of the ost and couldn't find it

You do.

Can't find a name in the official OST but here's this: youtube.com/watch?v=rK-0upbeFjw

that's it, thank you. i don't know why i couldn't find it

New to the game, what should I be doing with weapons I'm not using/ maxed familiarity? Primarily the surplus yellow, white, and blue weapons and armor.

If progress info is helpful, I just beat the first boss on the bat Onryoki.

Jesus christ what the fuck is the parry timing for impenetrability or whatever it's called for tonfas. I have absolutely no clue and it feel like lows and some mids especially revenant or regular dual sword mids are nigh impossible to react to you just have to predict the attack. Also, do we all agree that the mysterious samurai boss fight is the worst in the dlc?

selling, dismantling, offering. It's not that hard to get fax familiarity on weapon

Talismans, Gale Shot, Weakness, Rejuve, Carnage/Protection.

Shouldn't it be Okatsu hugging a dakimakura of William while in another room, William hugs one of Saoirse

William has plenty of spirits to fuck though

>Koei Tecmo Games’ Yosuke Hayashi: “I want Nioh to become even bigger. Please keep an eye out in the future.”

Yeah, but he didn't cross 2 oceans just to get them back.

weird that for twilight missions even on samurai you get 10k+ glory

and now i helped the guy on wotn and got like 2k wtf

I'm on ps4. Beat everything but that cunt in England and the dlc. The dlc missions are insane, and when I summon help they run in and get rekt. What the fuck? I don't want someone to breeze this, but why am I summoning people that can't even hold their own?

because ps4 is a normie console

Which clans are best for glass canon builds?

>final boss in the DLC is fought 2v1
>sub mission is you alone vs giant fox with instantkill everything plus a tailspin that covers half the arena and the guy with ranged attacks that are completely invisible because the fox is big

Tokugawa prevents you from being one-shot

its like they WANT you to use all the possible tools that prevent you from being instantly gibbed

But even playing with weapons and armor is cheating, user. His only option is to git gud with stones.

Do you have to exit the game/quit to main menu for Hanzo to drop other forging texts?

I've been farming him on 4th floor for an hour and he just dropped one text

I've got:
Warrior of the West's Honor,
Legendary Mikawa Warrior,
The Crossed Sickles,
National Unity
and Strategist of Legend
smithing texts.

I'm going for medium armor.

Tell me why shouldn't I go with WotW set.

>>using stones
>cheating this much

Because a mixture of 5pc Kingos with 4pc WotW, using the weapon and ranged from WotW instead of the armour is objectively better.

Or if you don't have a yasakani magatama or any DLC gear then you just go 4/4 with any two sets which give +CCD on 4 piece.

guys how do I stop getting HUAH'd?

am I dodging it too fast? too slow? is there an easy way to dodge it? I'm only losing because I keep getting hit by this bullshit stun unlockable and then she grab/swoops into me for a 1 shot kill

>stoneS
What are you? scrubs?
Throw it harder

Sideways dash, one is enough but you have to time it right.

The melee combos are easy as shit to dodge, i think it's 3 kicks and 3 umbrella hits, you can easily put 2 axe swipes after these.

If she swoops that's another easy punish.
You have tools to combat paralysis, use them.
Needles are an easy one, but you have items to increase resistance to it so that a single one doesn't instantly freeze you

>sideways dash
that's what I'm trying, might be doing it too early

yeah I've got the rest of the fight completely under control I just cannot dodge this fucking airblast for the life of me

The audio is a queue for timing. Its going to depend on which stance you're in and how far away you are, but I typically dodge just after the HUAH. It's tough to time at first, but once you get it down, you should never get hit by another one.

Yeah, it comes later than you think.

Put a lot of distance between you two while she's in the air, if you are too close it's literally impossible to dodge.

It also has the added effect that if she dives, it lands in front of you for easy punish

Also this, the audio is very helpful for timing.
gotta dodge AFTER the ugh, not during

>gotta dodge AFTER the ugh, not during
I deed it!

wear red demon's, brah

Would you a Hino Enma, /niohg/

Is it only me or do revenants turn to paper mache after a certain point?

Maybe it's the face that i discovered abilities to trivialize them (the spear charged stab into final blow, the odachi 4 hit charged attack combo) but i'm at the end of WotS and even shit fodder enemies have more HP

With pleasure, lots of it.

I recently started this game, what should I aim for when it comes to stats? There is sofcap/hardcap?

I'm just lv 20 Until now I put mostly everything on body, since I'm using spears, except a point on dex and a point on magic (for onmyo fire spell and shuriken).

What kind of stats should I go for for a spear build with some magic?

thats how it was for me but in way of the demon theyre insanely strong

Took it me 20 deaths to realize the secret resides into RUNNING instead of dodging. Seriously, I couldn't even take like 25% of her life and after realizing this I killed her in 2 attempts.

Do not dodge any of her attacks, just RUN, kid, RUN, run from the whirlwind, run from the stun, run from the aerial dive, run from the knives. Everything will go better.

>Nioh gets a second Season Pass
>follow up game set during Meiji Restoration will never happen
>follow up game set back when the Nioh actually got their name will never happen either

This usually means you're overgearred for the current area.

I don't know if we'll get those specifically, but nioh 2 will probably happen eventually

You can respec easilly so don't worry too much about it. Heart has a softcap at 15. Spirit unlocks guardian spirit bonuses (so you'd want 10 if you use Kato, for instance). Having 20 in Dex and mag will unlock the last dojo missions for jutsu when they come up later on. You can put points in Stam to use heavier armor while keeping B agility(affects ki).

Otherwise you can keep putting all your points in body until 99. You can worry about specific builds later if you want to go into higher difficulties.

Oh and armor comes with different stat requirements (all under 20), so keep that in mind

>overgearred for the current area
Nah, i literally did every single mission, sub mission and twilight mission in order of level, never replayed a beaten mission twice.

>I literally did everything
You're over levelled.

>a new item quality 'virtual' has been implemented
>the abyss now go another 9000 floors
>enemies now apply their debuffs just by being close to you
>Iai now strikes twice in a row

It's because the way defense works in Nioh. If your attack value is below the defense value, your damage gets reduced by a lot. However, the further your attack value is above the defense value, the more valuable each point of additional attack becomes over the previous point. That is why you suddenly deal like 3 times the amount of damage to enemies from the previous difficulty, but way less to stuff around your equipment level.

question friendos

i'm at the defiled castle. is there a downside to killing the samurai guys? i've been running through to kill the crystals instead because i dunno if maybe i'm not supposed to kill them. i'd rather just fight shit but feels bad

is there some kind of bonus for not killing any?

>Enemies in the crucible can paralyze
>prepared myself Shikin-gan pills
>poped one before boss
>get hit and paralyzed

So... Ninjutsu is basically useseless except for Paralyze traps, Quick change and is some cases Kunais?

Honestly yes, you either go all in with full thrown weapon modifiers on gear to throw stuff or you just use it for Quick Change scrolls and Tiger Running.
Onmyo is the superior support tree.

Just kill them. You'll see.

this fucking spider nest castle is the absolute most cancer area ever, fucking christ
it's a giant fucking maze with all the worst enemies in the worst fucking corridors, I want to smash my controller because of this shit nothing in the game has frustrated me as much as this so far

my dual swords just do no damage suddenly in this new region, and i'm like ten levels overleveled. this shit makes me want to quit the game for good

nigga that's not a real answer i'm just gonna end up killing none of them and never know

user.. you're giving this game way too much credit.

PC or PS4? If PC I can help you with showing you the way

and maybe beating the spiders to pulp if you want

>bonus
No. I think they're just injured afterward, anyway

ps4. it was ok till i got to the second shrine, everything after is just total horseshit. the second you walk through the doors you have a spider trying to silk you which is easy enough to dodge, but when you try to kill it a fucking skeleton shoots you, and if you try to kill the skeleton without using long ranged tactics then the tongue fucker comes and fucks you up, and tongue fucker already fucks you up because of the narrow corridor. that's mainly why i'm taking a break from playing for a few hours, because the area is so extremely frustrating and awful

Ayyo senpai i might be able to help, depending on what difficulty you're on. The dlc in way of the strong is kicking my ass way too hard atm.

If i get help i'm a wimp, i gotta beat everything solo.

Are dual swords shitty? i've been using them the whole game and their damage just seems underwhelming. I've always had an axe as my second weapon but i never use it because it's too slow.

Try using god of wind and sign of the cross more. And moon shadow against humans

Just equip paralysis talismans, bro