/xgg/- Xenogame General #55

Previous thread Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly

========== Xenoblade 2 ==========
>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc (embed)

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW (embed)

>XB2 Blade combo elemental charts
Sorted by starting element: imgur.com/a/OiBPb
Sorted by finisher element: imgur.com/a/sTKyH

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub (embed)

========== Xenoblade X ==========
>XBX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY (embed)
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RpmOg5ilZE
youtu.be/5pcKIwY16b4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Excellent, I have established my team: The Contrarians. Well then, wish me luck!

I'm finally starting to run out of quotes

I am singlehandedly bolstering the Tantalese economy through mass cake purchases. I should get a title among the nobility as the Duke of Cake or some shit. Fucking set me up Zeke

but.. Addam cakes were a lie...also, I gotta love Zeke whole persona, he is soo fucking chunni cause he grew being told he is the descendant of a hero, looked up to him and wanted to be a hero of justice himself

Dude's wearing like 20 belts too. His gloves are made of belts.

I havent rolled Zenobia yet, can anyone tell me why she's so good?

Blades are just tools. They exist to serve humans. Don't worry about their feelings, just boss them around. That's the Architect's will.

>deals more damage to uniques
>deals more damage to higher level enemies
>deals more damage when fighting multiple enemies
>three slots
>strength modifier
>axe weapon
She is god tier on Zeke.

>I havent rolled Zenobia yet, can anyone tell me why she's so good?

>Double Spinning Edge spam
Why didn't I know about this sooner?

Too bad I enjoy playing as Zeke more

She's good as a late game superboss buster since the majority of her skills revolve around doing tons more damage to higher level/unique enemies.

Oh hi Amaltheus, funny seeing you here

Alright, as a followup, I'm struggling really hard against Cloud Sea King at 78 with Morag, Rex, and Tora. I can get the orbs up but a quarter into the fight hell breaks loose. I'm spamming moves that drop potions but due to the size of the NM the AI refuses to go after them and I can't get to them without hitting invisible walls. Any suggestions?

>6 fucking bursts
>sliver of health left
>FALAK BUSTER
I want to die.

Wait why didMalos speak to Pyra/Mythra when he was dead?

You are like a little baby.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RpmOg5ilZE

>not pictured: 12 hours of tiger tiger in order to win without using an ounce of brainpower

>Always like it when Vandham crosses his arms and drops some lessons on you
>"I want to keep him in my party for the whole game"
>Ending of chapter 3 symphony music with vocals starts playing
>"No no no no no"
>Vandham: "Here's another lesson kid
>"Please don't do this to me"
>Van:"There's other ways to draw ether
>"I can't watch"
>Vandham actually puts up a fight with an aegis and dweeb with strong blade

Can't believe they got me invested in a character with only one chapter

It was addam or maybe klaus

>12 hours

Not even close, people exaggerate how much you need to grind. You only need to grind for two parts that person is using, the rest can just be made with crystals really easily.

Pyra mentioned early on that her fire isn't really fire, hence why the water didn't stop her like it did Brighid. I assume she means it's actually some sort of Light from Mythra or something, but that still doesn't quite make sense. But then she also is some sort of Chef God which she justifies as being a result of her fire powers.

Its due to her being a wife, Brighid who is the strongest flame blade can't cook for shit.

Also does anyone know where to find Green Diodes?

After Indoline goes to shit you salvage points in Leftheria. Try each of them with commons, you'll get it eventually. I think it was the left salvage point on the west side of the path to Rex's village.

The one by Ansel Hatchery?

Yes, that one. You need it for Fast Blade Switch V right? You also get most materials from that spot or the nearby spot.

You get the fish from the world tree i nthe spot where you drain the water.

Thanks user, its pretty stupid that you need to have all the possible materials even if you're not planning on using them for synthesis.

my suggestion is that until you're completely done with all the aux core grinding, keep at least one of each material so you can mark the location (of course this doesn't apply to indoline praetorium materials because those get moved).

So I'm doing a run where each character gets two rare blades and sticks with them. This is what I've got so far:

Rex - Pyra/Kora/Finch
Nia - Dromarch/Perceval/Dagas
Morag - Brighid/Nim/Adenine

It's certainly been interesting.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. For the love of fucking god, tell me how to beat Malos and Akhos in chapter 3. I'm level 27 across the board but it doesn't fucking matter because as soon as I go in, the two target me, beat up on me and I get toppled and continue to get beat up while toppled and the fights over because I'm dead

>the two target me

Get Tora to tank better

Maybe I should have thought longer than 10 seconds. My bad user, I'm just really pissed off and didn't think of using Tora for this fight

Any ATK blades with topple besides Pyra?

ill only say this once
gitgud

Play as Nia, buy 3 anti ShackleDriver accessories from Fonsa Myma.

Focus Akhos and use the Potpourri in Fonsa Myma to reduce the chance Malos will taunt you. You only need go get Akhos to 50% to win.

You're also up to one of the hypest moments of the game and it only gets better from here so you should probably leave this thread before you get spoiled.

What do the skills Vendetta V and Challenger V do for Poppi? Also is there a difference between Skill RAM and Skill Upgrade?

Skill upgrades just give extra slots.

Oh, so its one of those fights you don't actually have to win? Well, those are some of the dumbest fights ever, who even came up with that? But will do, thanks user.

Thanks, buying accessories and taking another shot

Guys, I think there is something wrong with Pyra.

most of the story fights in the game consist of you not actually needing to win

Why don't you have something filled in for arts, skill, and special? I'm not too familiar with poppi builds.

how long are chapters 9 & 10, and is level 64 enough to start?

9 is very short, not sure about 10 yet. But yes, you're good.

Yes that's about the right level.
Last boss is level 70

9 is World Tree immediately after Land of Morytha right? If so then it's decently long due to "unavoidable" mob fights. You're decently leveled for it so you should be fine.

Chapter 10 is short.

Where is ken's RIP stone? I think he's a farmable unique but I don't know where his stone is and he hasn't respawned since I quick traveled despite it being clear weather.

Ah I see, thanks
Thats not my pic but AFAIK the 3rd slot for the RAM is bugged/doesnt work and the others are probably due to space since each part requires energy and there is a limit on that

Vendetta increases damage against enemies targeting Tora. Challenger increases damage against enemies that are a higher level than you. Vendetta is more useful unless you're fighting superbosses.

That's not his picture or else he'd know what the skills he's asking about do. There are empty slots to save points that instead are going into the skill upgrades, which are more useful. Leaving the first special slot empty is common practice since QTPi's level 1 special is pointless, you get way more out of levels 2 and 3. People often don't realize that each special slot corresponds to the associated special attack, the numerals aren't just for show.

9 is just from when Amalthus uses Mor Ardain's Titan to fire at the group to when Jin dies. It's very short.

How long does it take for Vess' core crystal to become useable?

Anyone know what's the difference between saving AP to do a Deathblow than doing it with the button combinations during attack? Also, Fei has Senretsu and Hagan at 100 but they're not unlocked like Raijin is, what does that mean? Do I need more AP?

A while. I'm not sure if it's time based or progress based but it took a while for me.

Its based on combat, fight a few things and it'll unlock.

So what is the consensus on the best pouch items?

I've never seen a reason to use anything but the stuff that recharges Driver Arts.

shit I meant to say in Xenogears

>who said you can pullout?

Is it the third RAM slot that's bugged or the third skill upgrade slot? I always mix it up.

Clicky clacks music + deserts

nvm figured it out

Skill RAM

>Pyra getting flustered and wanting to hear more about child Rex pissing himself

Alright, either something got lost in translation in that H2H or Pyra is a fucking weirdo.

>Adenine's level one blade special

Is it supposed to do a crazy amount of damage? I fire it off, does an okay amount of damage, and then a split second afterwards a huge chunk of the enemy's hp disintegrates.

Pyra simply loves Rex very, very much.

I have the same question about finishing the Second Sun combo with Pyra. Sometimes it just does like 30 - 60K damage, other times it does 300K out of the blue. I'm not sure why.

I really do like this.

MMMMM

>go to the 1st auction
so this is what Jews evolve into??

Oh really? That's kinda disappointing. I dislike those types of fights.

Spoilers for the end of chapter 3

That was hype as fuck and RIP Vandham. May he be a big guy for us in heaven. That Mythra introduction was fucking awesome too, but.

>Insanely hot, long blonde hair and better outfit than Pyra
>Is a Tsundere going by the opening cutscene to chapter 4 bitching at Rex

Yes. It's even revealed later that the cute Nopon language was adopted on purpose to lure people into a false sense of security around them. Their speech patterns used to be totally normal.

Auction?

>not wanting to hear about your shota boyfriend's most embarrassing moments

She seemed like a tsundere at first, but that's not quite it. She's great.

That would explain their speech on Mira.

so..is accuracy worth for shit??

Does mythra actually sleep walk? I have my sneaking suspicions that pyra lead the body to rex's bed and mythra must've taken over in their sleep.

Mythra will know, they share memories

>finish with a Blade Combo

Wait, does that mean I have to kill the enemy with the Ice/Freeze damage? That seems pretty annoying.

\Alright, I'll give her a shot. But I just dislike tsunderes by default.

Also, a question I have about Malos. If Malos is an Aegis like Pyra, why can he wield a blade? Is a Blade being able to be a Driver addressed later?

>go back to Uraya in Chapter 6
>kill the lizard people in seconds

Feels good, fuck these guys.

When was it ever said that a Blade can't also be a Driver?

Its never explained. Just assume that it's due to him being an Aegis.

That's a good point actually.

no, means use that character to do the Lv III special on a combo.

Oh, it means literally finish the Blade Combo? That's worded very vaguely.

dont it says
"Perform a Blade Combo Finisher" ???

Where's Gorg's heart-to-heart?

No, it says "Finish with a Blade Combo". It's for the final rank of Poppi QTPi's Reflection.

What are the best aux cores for Zenobia dmg wise? Affinity Max Atk V and Specials Lv 3 Plus V seem good but I'm not sure on the last slot

Have you been upgrading your weapons? Have you given Tora anything to help him gain aggro, or start the fight with it, like the colorful feather? Those two really arn't that hard. Focus Ahkos first and try to do a level 3 combo with Pyra, take them down to half health and the fight will end.

Crit

Where can I get a shit ton of Core Crystals at Chapter 6? I don't need anything in particular, I'm just addicted to opening them.

It's at the downstairs coffee shop area in the Tantal city. I think you need to stay at the inn first.

Xenoblade is a series about being picked on in middle school as a level 5 hero, then coming back to shoot the school up as a level 60 an-hero.

I FINALLY KILLED THE SON OF A BITCH CLOUD SEA KING.

If you're still around the moon matter chip cuts Poppi alpha's blockrate from 69 with Aubrite Chip to 30. If anyone knows what chips grants picrelated stats it'd be greatly appreciated. I get the feeling its the Dilaton Chip

I just got to the part in the story where I get Morag. Is agi king when it comes to tanking with her? I loved using Dunban in XB1, but I see she also has a decent amount to block. Is blocking even necessary with her?

youtu.be/5pcKIwY16b4

So after rewatching Xenoblade1 ending again they mention in the last 30seconds that..."I can see it...they will walk together hand in hand in this boundless future". So alvis and klaus combined both worlds together with XC2 right?

Agi is king for the main story, and her high block is due to Brighid being godlike. Block is nice to have even as an evasion tank.

no

>tfw FINALLY done with Ursula's merc mission cancer
Holy fuck I am NEVER doing that again