/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Only 364 days until Christmas edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳PS4 beta is LIVE until Dec 26 12:00 PM EST, does not require PS+
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KR4JnVNpk0
youtube.com/watch?v=a8kFXbIt8g4\
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Huntresses

rathalos is gay

For people playing MHXX on 3DS, can you still type your dialogues in english? Are most players japanese? MHXX sounds tempting but communication is big in this game

So for the beta I'm trying out Memelance and... that's it? Stab and shell? Wyrmstake if possible? Burst shell every time all the time?
I... I kinda thought there was more behind it

PC World will be out 1 day after the shitty conoles get it. Mark it!

>For people playing MHXX on 3DS, can you still type your dialogues in english?
Yes. You have multiple keyboards that you can switch between.

Are most players japanese?
Obviously

Source?

Obviously the weapon's going to be more nuanced in the full game because of different shell types and levels. GL is one of those weapons that gets its variety from different GL types, rather than from a highly diverse moveset. Besides, it's a lot more diverse than some weapons like GS or LA or the BGs.

So january 27th 2019?

People will play on Xbox right guys? Right?

Oooh, alright, thanks my man. I was always afraid to try it because it seemed so... high level.

PC version isn't coming out until 2022, sorry

I have a question about harvest tour quests in mh3u
Do stuff like bug capturing and mining veins respawn after some time in these quests?

Yes

Why aren't you a fashion hunter, user?

What skills?

Skills?

8:22pm?

Exactly. Learn about armor skills.
It's not all about defense.

What should I waste time on something that doesn't matter?

And yet he did, or at the very least got very close to. I don't have the screenshots but someone probably saved them.

Just atk up L, with baki db. This is the same but with light sword cypher, a one handed db. Low defense but dual blades dodge easily

Only a couple more hours until the beta ends.

Let's have some fun. Some Wildspire fun. Bring any weapon you want. Let's hunt whatever moves.

77PdJTsQsKFD

Does it take a while or is it fixed after xy minutes?

I want a Monsta Hunta game to play on my newly acquired 3DS while I wait for Warudo on PC. Which game should I get or avoid and why?

Does GS have a parry or dodge counter thing, I saw a blue flash when I did a forward dodge with the weapon out.

Fuck I meant GL.

4u or Gen. Doesn't really matter which, but 4u has more content since it's a G-rank game. If you're new then go 4u since that one has an annoying unskipable tutorial for new players.

If you have a cfw 3ds then choose between 4u or XX.

Get Generations. It's the one beautiful May plays.

If you're just playing to get World, get MH Generations. It's the funnest one with the introduction of Hunter arts, it gives you the most dynamic fights with pretty powers in the series (until world). It lacks G-rank, supposedly the hardest endgame content, but it still has hard-ass quests. I have played it for like a hundred hours and I still have no chance against a lot of bosses.

Well it's actually got a decently high skill ceiling because
1) It's got kind of an awkward, vertical moveset with a narrow hitbox, meaning you've gotta learn to position really well.
2) Gotta manage two different ammo types now that you need to reload (3 if you count wyvernfire)
3) Full burst is usually the best option but it's not always viable, and also it burns through sharpness which makes it a bit of a pain in the ass in terms of downtime
4) If you really wanna be optimal you've gotta learn when to shell and when to poke, poking is sometimes more efficient, depending on a monster's defensive zone

Is there no one playing on /mhg/ right now? Or do I have to play with randos?

I don't think it does, only LA has a counter guard from what I can tell.

The beta is boring. How can you still be playing it especially online?

Room is closed?

4Z6yvKvAyni4

get in there, let's get the blos! and the Rath!

Is Gunlance a ranged weapon?

Maybe

Wide and long gunlances will play completely different from normal, as full burst isnt that great on them and you'll mix in charged shelling.

Need two more hunters!

Leave part 2 Lancer class dragons to me!

Didn't quite get it but thanks to everyone who joined. Without hardshell powder active things get rough real fast. Still had a blast though, because I am crazy and get off on the tension of near failure.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good hunt.

Reopened.

77PdJTsQsKFD

Ancient Menace time.

>more dinosaurs and dragons using recycled assets
>instead of getting more interesting and unique monsters like pic related
God I fucking hate capcom

Yama Tsukami's design is fine but the fight's kinda boring. I'm sure we'll get something relatively interesting at some point.

>tripwires
sound significantly more interesting than the Slinger.

The slinger is super useful though. More trap type items would always be welcomed, although if you get too many the ideal way to hunt would probably just become setting up an endless set of traps, which, while potentially fun, probably would be better as a different game.

>communication is big in this game
>30 character limit
>3DS hunt and peck stylus adventure
>ability to type during quest revoked

lol, good one

Im just missing the hammer and i got all 5 then

I'm looking forward to actually being able to communicate effectively in World. Asking people to use traps, knives, certain shots or target certain areas will help a ton.

>tfw no trap-based weapon

Oh, you don't know there's G rank versions you also have to mine?

Poking will probably end up being more efficient than shelling near the end of high rank again

I'm curious as to how that could be done. It'd be damn hard to balance, but maybe it could be more efffective at tripping the monster or something, like other weapons can get ko's.
I mean honestly just using a status bowgun would be hard to beat for that type of thing.

Has anyone been able to find out what the best combos for SnS are?
The fact that it's so quick with only a little difference between animation times and the damage numbers that are relatively close to one another make it really hard to figure out how to play most effectively. Especially now that you can combo infinitely, but also extend your combo however much you want with the A combo and Roundslash it's kind of hard to tell.
The only thing that i'm pretty sure isn't worth using is the last attack of the Triangle combo, like in previous titles.

I haven't been able to find any SnS speedruns that are sub 10 minutes (Rathalos or Diablos) on Youtube. Does that mean it's just weak or that it's not very popular?

I do, but im not farming the weapons, i need charms

We'll see.

End everything into a roundslash. Everything. All of your combos will end in roundslash in optimal play

Well this Gunlance's shelling damage is super inflated because it's a Lvl 3 Gunlance, which is normally not something you get at this kind of raw level. In the full game a Gunlance of this raw damage will only deal 8 damage per shell, and in the beta the downward slam is already almost as strong as a full burst if it hits a weak area

1 MORE SLUT PLEASE

77PdJTsQsKFD

WILDSPIRE

Yeah I get you but we still don't know if shells now scale with raw, only that they scale with sharpness, so it's entirely plausible that shelling will scale (probably not but hey one can hope)

>the downward slam is already almost as strong as a full burst if it hits a weak area
As it should be, given it's imprecise weakpoint targeting and potential to scale really well in conjunction with wyvern blast.

>wyvernblast
jesus I'm tired
*fullburst

In 4U it was R+X,X,X,A,A,A, back hop and repeat usually. I don't think this will have changed much. You could forgo the last A if you wanted to too. I'm more interested in the new side attacks, and how relevant they'll be.

>I haven't been able to find any SnS speedruns that are sub 10 minutes (Rathalos or Diablos) on Youtube. Does that mean it's just weak or that it's not very popular?
youtube.com/watch?v=7KR4JnVNpk0

First time using CB since 4U, be gentle

>hunter plays dire mole, crackling razormaw, flanking strike as 1-2-3 curve
heh....... meddlesome insects........

anyone still trying to do naked diablos?

I got Stories for Christmas and it's really cute

Any room up?

Any good IG videos for mhw?

I'll do it. It's fun.

make a room and I'll join with a hbg (no worries, won't use clusters unless we are barrel bombing the shit outta it)

Thanks for the hunts, you two. GG.

Sorry, but I have to go. I would love to hunt some more, but the real world is calling.

That was an awesome double SAED finisher against that poor Barroth. Thanks for the hunts, mate. See you in the full game.

Yeah, that was pretty fun. Catch you on the other side.

so after playing the beta what character customization can I expect in the full game? I'm a total nooblet

Fuck it, I'll do it.
4wHNpKshFQn4
Naked Diablos.

youtube.com/watch?v=a8kFXbIt8g4\

I'll webm this later. I've encountered an... interesting glitch

twitch tv elnidfse

C'mon, it'll be fun. I promise.

Look, if you don't really know what you're talking about just don't even bother.
R+X,X,X,A,A,A simply isn't optimal in any way anymore now that you can chain infinitely. The reason it was good in 4U and previous titles is because it was the longest and most efficient combo you could do before resetting with a roll. Now, you simply don't have to ever stop attacking anymore, and the stab after the turnaround slash deals very good damage.

>End everything into a roundslash. Everything. All of your combos will end in roundslash in optimal play

Roundlash or Turning Slash? They are different and have different motion values. Roundslash is Circle+Triangle, Turning Slash is Triangle + Direction input in a direction that is ~30° or more difference from your current positioning

> yfw Rathian keeps her roar while Rathalos is forever stuck with sore throat

I guess I can hear autists throwing a fit when someone screws up, oh well gonna mute it anyways.
But yeah, it will be good to be able to tell others when to use traps and stuff.

Need 2 more people!

omw. booting ps4 now

I'd join but I still have ~5 minutes before this hunt ends

perfect, we need just one more

Akam, right? Nice!

You are my hero

who lol? is this discord?

What's with the heartrate monitor under the monster icon? It seems like a rough health gauge, but then it starts spiking randomly even when the monster is almost dead.

compared to normal gunlance's wyrmstake do you think spread and long will have wider and longer wyrmstakes?

I don't think wyrmstake count as a shelling skill so no.

Sick thanks for the video, didn't know this stuff was on youtube. Seems like a slightly lighter version of the Dragon's Dogma customization system. Do Palicos have the same sort of customization?

Rage indicator

And that's everything. Not as tough as I thought it might be, mainly once you know to avoid poison spit

Man the roars for Anjanath come out super quick I literally have to know it's going to do that 5 seconds in advance in order to roll through it

Oh shit I was in old thread but still stands

i am here i want to do rath

If the beta will be any indication of the final product, then it really feels like MHW will have the best singleplayer health balance for monsters of any MH title.

I like that you can take down a 4-star Rathalos by yourself in 4-5 minutes using UNDERPOWERED gear in the beta (if you know what you're doing and play well). I imagine that once our gear is better optimized, a solo player can take down a 4-star Rathalos in 2-3 minutes.