Cradles of Civilization

Was there a cradle in the New World?
Who were the "sumerians" in America? And was it share between north and south or development was independent

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131120-science-native-american-people-migration-siberia-genetics/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_chronology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandurria,_Peru
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandurria_(sitio_arqueológico)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Check out Caral, interesting stuff.

Olmecs

spain.

In b4 There was no civilization b4 European arrival

too late. get rekt.

It was independent but you have to remember that Asians, even Middle Easterners, weren't too far genetically from those in the New World. The Bering Land Bridge was present less than 20,000 years ago, so essentially these are very similar genetic populations, and in fact Natives are more similar genetically to Central Asians than East Asians so Egyptian pyramids being similar to Incan Pyramids for instance seems to be a case of convergent evolution, so to speak

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131120-science-native-american-people-migration-siberia-genetics/

the nephites

Spain ruined it, only corrupt third world countries left

that's what civilization does.

Just like the ancient mesoamericans

brother smith pls go

>Incan

"Pyramid of Bandurria"

HOW FUNNY OP it doesnt even have a wiki entry.

Get rekt.

this article should be a good primer for you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_chronology

Norte Chico and Olmec on their respective continents.

>Stacking rocks on top of each other is the easiest way to make something tall.

Gee whiz.

As mentioned the Olmecs came (much) earlier, but the big cultural powerhouse in Mesoamerica was far and away Teotihuacan. I don't know that the Olmecs are really very analogous to the Sumerians etc -- that strikes me as pretty forced -- but Teotihuacan makes a pretty good analogy for ancient Greece, in that it set the precedent for most of the civilizational accomplishments that came later.

>we could have had 4 years of guac jokes
>instead we have 4 years of no jokes or else intense asspain and thread deletion

Still beats Hilary, I guess.

>3200 BC, Pyramid, Peru
Yea it were AD I would've trusted it more

What are you talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandurria,_Peru

>Egyptian pyramids being similar to Incan Pyramids
Did the Incas ever build pyramids?

>It was independent but you have to remember that Asians, even Middle Easterners, weren't too far genetically from those in the New World.

Yes they are you ignorant fuck, as autosomal DNA reveals clearly

There's an ancient pyramid in Greece too, dating back to like to 2600 bc (pic related) and one in Sardinia dating back to 3600 bc

Is a pity that there is so little research on south american cultures, in northern Peru a 5500 yo "circular pyramid" was discovered but nobody cares.
Pic related is a site from the caral culture.

Spain

Veeky Forums - History Memes

There is a wikipedia article on it: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandurria_(sitio_arqueológico)

"In 2007, additional radio-carbon dates have been obtained. According to Alejandro Chu Barrera, the director of the Archaeological Project of Bandurria, the site is now dated firmly to 3200 BC. This is older than Caral, the more famous site in the River Supe Valley to the north, that has previously been described as 'the oldest city in the New World'.[1] Caral is located 33 km northeast of Bandurria"

Ancient European civilization that was wiped by the red man.

i heartly kek´d

this

loool

Spain is probably one of the worst European role models one could have. Even to this day they still don't understand economics.

>Peru
>Mexico
>Iraq
>Egypt
>Greece
>India

Why are most former craddles of civilisation so fucked nowadays?

Greece isn't a cradle. China is doing okay, Iraq WAS doing okay before Gulf War I, Pakistan punches well above its weight globally, Mexico has the great misfortune of being next to America but is actually well above the global average in most areas.

>isn't a cradle
>doing okay
>well above its weight
>well above the global average

All debatable
In any case I guess /pol/ lied to me with the whole masterrace narrative and they all just happened to live by a river.

>In any case I guess /pol/ lied to me

No shit.

>they all just happened to live by a river.

I mean, it's not a coincidence...

Are you implying their similar building style is genetic?

But is it a lie if they actually believe it?

thought the same, makes no sense

Argentina actually had a better economy than USA in the late 1800's but then it was ruined pretty quick

Civlization just means the art of living in cities.
They had cities, no?

The cradles were in the Andes and Mesoamerica.

yep, although only strong andes contribution was tubers.(ie sweet potatoes & potatoes etc)

Mesoamerica had beans, vanilla, chocolate, corn, squash, peyote, avocados, and tomatoes. Others could be listed but it's argued about where it's from.

Cotton one of the most "civilized" crops comes from north america

cahokia, mayan/olmec, I guess something around peru as well

Damn I love ancient shit, it's so fucking cool how we can track our process as a species.

Who knows what belief systems there may have been in Eurasia before people even made it the New World?
Gobekli Tepe is pretty advanced and it's about 12-15,000-years-old, who knows what preceded it and whether adherents of a faith are a common ancestor of both Eurasians and Amerindians?

Peru and Guatemala/Southern Mexico

tracians master race

If you want to go with the place where they built the most and had the most sophisticated culture, Peru and the Andes in general.

If you want to go with the most KANGS worthy culture it's gotta be Mexico. No proud Mestizo won't tell you about the glories of their Aztec and Mayan ancestors.

cahokia was a large settlement, but it wasn't necessarily where any crops or animals were domesticated. Squash and beans were from Mexico, sunflowers are most likely north american.