Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

30 FUCKIN DAYS REMAINING EDITION

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/12/toukiden-dragon-quest-heroes-producer-teases-new-numbered-titles-collaboration-project
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks, i used the advice from these posts and I can already see improvement in killing Ludroth. The problem was I was aiming for the spongy bits around it's neck and in doing that I was exposed on his side while trying to cut it's neck fat off.

What are the odds that the hub town is just a zone on an actual map?

I wonder why Capcom never bothered to make hitboxes in previous MH games as good as they are in MH World. They clearly are (1) aware that the past games had terrible hitboxes and (2) capable of actually making good hitboxes. So why didn't they in the 12-13 years the series has been around?

Well you could've gone to the gates of Astera in the beta but they were closed for obvious reasons. Maybe you can walk into them during expedition mode, but I kind of doubt that you'll be able to walk in without loading a new zone. Probably too much space for it to be one continuous area.

I need to get my shits together. Somebody tell me how to handle a GS

huntresses

The hitboxes drastically improved from FU so it's not like they were bad by 4U. Sure some monsters had some problems but nothing comes close to the PLESIOTH HIPCHECK.

Three things. First,
>as good as they are in MH World
You mean as bad as ever? Second, hitboxes are actually invisible models that rely on hardware to process and up to now the franchise has been on absolute trash-tier hardware. Third, especially with how bad hitboxes in World are, it's all but confirmed that the hitboxes are shit on purpose to add cheap difficulty instead of designing a game that is genuinely challenging on the level of skill, reflexes and observation, and not almost purely fight knowledge.

What kind of hunter/huntress will you make in MHW? Me, it's:

>dark chocolate skin woman
>long black hair

Sort of similar to the cute Ace Gunner from 4U.

plesioth hipcheck is most slow and telegraphed move in monster hunter history

Are what's good in life.

More like the Ace Tranny.

>Pale
>Petite
>Blond

Make a Zaheer lookalike and name him Djura

Im pretty much gonna make the bob cut cutie unless I find something better

>tfw you can't have different heights for characters like in Dragon's Dogma
>you can't make a shortstacked girl

Male with the palest skin possible, long dark brown or black hair, purple eyes.

>tfw got a Ps4 Pro just so you could play Monster Hunter World earlier
>tfw own $3000 gaming rig

Seriously fuck you faggots why did you make me do this..

Maaan, I would like to make me a thicc huntress carrying a fat GS

How is the framerate of MHW on the PS4 Pro? On my regular PS4, it ran at something like 30-40fps, with very occasional spikes to 50-60fps. Were you able to get a smooth 60fps on the Pro?

>tfw can't be a max height lanklet that could be mistaken for some sort of alien

Also, a moustache/beard combination of some sort.

So what are the odds that they're going to fix the weapons for launch?

What are the odds that Im not going to see your faggot face online.

gematsu.com/2017/12/toukiden-dragon-quest-heroes-producer-teases-new-numbered-titles-collaboration-project

Who hyped for Toukiden 3?

Who knows what will change in the full game considering we've been playing an old demo build from like months ago

There's nothing that needs to be fixed. They're fun (except Hunting Horn, but then again that weapon is never fun ever). That's all that matters.

i have to leave this thread i need to stop thinking about monster hunter
hunting with faggots from here was fun hopefully well play together the games out.

Hunting Horn is only fun if your weapon is a E-Guitar

>There's nothing that needs to be fixed. They're fun
CB isn't very fun right now
Neither is IG with how insanely underpowered it is

>he keeps doing the infinite not knowing that's its been nerfed
>he doesn't use tornado slashes or the O combo

>derp herp dur they're fun :DD
Get some standards, World so far is a downgrade in terms of gameplay depth and play variety.

It's still underpowered even with the new tornado slash focused playstyle, not to mention a lot less fun than before where you actually used a variety of combos instead of only one move
That's another thing, for some reason the devs tried to boil every weapon down into just spamming 1-2 big damage moves.

>Neither is IG with how insanely underpowered it is

And thank fuck for that. Jump air Je suis monté faggots need to be purged.

It nails the Asian waifus, but goddamn the animations are terrible.

>>>>>where you actually used a variety of combos instead of only one move
That's another thing, for some reason the devs tried to boil every weapon down into just spamming 1-2 big damage moves.
>XXAXXAXXA in 90% of situations

why does everyone pretend that every mh weapon was so complex before world?

>there will never be a MH game that doesn't waste any resources/monster slots on giant elder dragon fights that you only enjoy the first 5 times

This fight was such bullshit at the beginning, holy fuck.. He only killed me once because he combo'd me with 2 charges and 1 ball summon shit thing

3u zin has stupid combos

The weapon also used slams and tornado slashes before. The optimal combo strings were situational. Don't pretend like every monster was just a stationary punching bag.

Top kek

See you mofos in 20 days for 10 day countdown. Although the Jan 5th stream may have big news.

>can't make a child with DB just like in DD and get mounting bonuses for my low weight and smaller hitboxes to run between monsters' legs
>can't make a giant with innate rock steady either

Yeah, i noticed.. Even tho he doesnt seem THAT strong, hes just annoying, took me ~20 mins to kill him with my setup

This. MH is dead. Dauntless is shaping up to be a much better game honestly.

Shut the fuck up.

lmao Worldbaby calm down haha

Probably an old guy with long white hair and a beard if afroes aren't in. I don't really care much for the face since it's hidden, I just like male armor

How do you set up charm tables through cemu?

Same way as you would do on real Wii U. What is it about emulation that confuses people so much?

>Complete noob to the series but download the beta this morning to get in before it ends
>Beat the beginner mission a couple of times, decide to take on the intermediate one with the Barroth
>Shit's pretty fun
>Motherfucker runs away to a muddy lake/swamp
>Figure he's on low health so shouldn't take much longer
>Suddenly some giant plesiorausus-esque cunt comes up from the water and a dodo charges in out of nowhere carrying a rock
>Fucking what
>Bolt it away from this clusterfuck of three monsters duking it out
>Get far enough away for me to think it's safe, open my map
>"Wait why is that symbol going around those rocks on the map and coming closer to me"
>Close map
>Plesiofuck coming at me full speed
>mfw
>Die
>Fucking loved it

I think I'm in, lads, that was brilliant. Dual Blades are weeby but fun too.

So set your windows time? Cause there are no console settings on cemu I think

I believe he's asking if there's an easier way because he has more control over the "console" and game rom.

I know everyone is excited about world, but I haven't got a definitive answer yet: In Generations, is the hammer just dogshit?

I tried GS and HH instead but it just didn't click with me. I love the hammer and it's the only weapon I like to use, but I know it's at the very bottom of the list of kill speeds. I might have to just give up unless I somehow find a weapon I like more.

Fuck, I don’t think I can handle this wait without more monster hunter. I guess there was some shit in 3U i didn’t do before 4. 3DS feels so gross now though.

>In Generations, is the hammer just dogshit?
No. HH and GL are dogshit.

Hammer is just average to mediocre.

Glad to have you join us, user.

It's bad compared to the other weapons but the game is also stupidly easy so don't worry about it.

>playing anything between 4U and World

Also, im looking at the 9 star quests in mh3u and im looking up nargacuga.. It says on the wiki that he isnt that hard in mh3u, since he has a 4 star threat level.. Is that true or?

>playing anything after FU

HH is dogshit in gen?

HH is dogshit in most every game.

Hammer is literally just above prowler, which is just above GL. Hammer is bad. "Mediocre" is slightly below average, CB and Hammer are bad.

It has the longest solo killtimes by a wide margin. It's great online, assuming you're in a group of 3-4 and they're using weapons that have good damage, and you're using a horn with the attack up large song.

4U is bad though.

>playing video games
lmao loser

You're bad

4U is great if you're not an idiot and look at the weapons as different difficulty levels, rather than thinking they need to be "balanced".

Narga is a little bitch, he's very predictable and you can easily i-frame through most of his attacks even without any evasion skills

So hes just annoying, not really that hard to kill?

he's fine, Stygian is a shitshow

Why? explain yourself.

my gf lent me it cuz I can't afford a DS user...

HH isn't shit it's cool as fuck and useful senpai cmon

nah I have that cool lookin rathian bell atm. I want to learn how to GS as well but not till I get a set with focus, which won't be for a while yet.

>tfw buying a ps4 just to play MH

Fucking Sony knew this shit would happen. Is it really worth getting the pro for it though? Any demofags?

Pretty much everyone's reaction to her.

Yes that's the usual reaction I have when spotting that down-face looking bimbo.

he's fun, never been hard, even in Unite

Can I not play dlc quests on Citra? They aren't available on the XX file some user posted here earlier and I can't find a way to patch them in, if it's even possible.

Welcome to the party, user. If you wanna play some of the 3DS titles, 4U is a great entry point if you need something to tide you over till World gets here.

I've been buying fucking children's toys the past few years just to play MH, so suck it up faggot. P5 and Bloodborne are worth it.

>this opinion

>this opinion

I'm still deciding on gender. My huntress designs tend to vary, but if I go male it's gonna be some wise elderly hunter. If possible with a silver pomp and a fabulous moustache.

Ew whiteknights for a 3d model

>getting a console for one game
>one non-exclusive game
>one non-exclusive game with an officially announced pending PC release

There should be an age requirement for /mhg/ so faggots like this can't post.

Have you tried not getting hit?

Yukumo village is the best.

Captcha should be 140 zinogre proof

Then all the 4babs would be gone.

>everything is bad and will never be good
You're right, user. May as well kill yourself. You deserve a vacation.

>There should be an age requirement for /mhg/
There is.

Yes? I don't get hit because I've played MH for around 2.5k collective hours and know all of most monsters' esoteric oversized hitboxes and patterns. That doesn't change that the game's difficulty is badly designed and it is only because of that experience that I don't get hit, not because getting hit has anything to do with what's going on on-screen.

got'em

If they would just give us a fucking timeframe on a PC release then I might be inclined to wait, but it could be 6 months or more and I am way too impatient for that.

Welcome user. More of these types of posts and less child molesters and jaded old men.