/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Dec 20] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert will hold a 34c3 lecture on December 28. events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/events/8941.html

>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674

>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CelesteBlue123
mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>cakes

I need to update my new 3ds to latest, will it patch out my r4 (pictured)
Red line says "2017", under r4 it says "3ds upgrade" (since it's a bit hard to make out in the picture)
Also FIRST

reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

and that DSi CFW will never happen because Apache Thunder is a fag

It was for me actually, I enjoyed watching it progress more than I enjoy playing video games.

finished doing the ps3xploit, what to install now? I have persona 5 pkg already downloaded, just need something that lets me install it on the internal hdd, (50 gigs should be enough)?

ok that's true

>No Vita News
ReStore and ReNpDrm is out, Vita's can now be activated for use with NoNpDrm and the store can be accessed
twitter.com/CelesteBlue123

>just need something that lets me install it on the internal hdd
Install a CFW if you havent already, all CFW's have Package Installer under the games section which is how you install .pkg's.

Haven't touched my 3ds in about 5 months, and when I come back to it, its ban.
Which is the best method of going about it, public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file, or using my little brother's 3ds? What are the risk of my brother's 3ds getting ban as well?

So I have the PSN version SSF4 AE right? Came as .pkg and .rap. Nothing special. Now I want to upgrade it to USF4 but the only way I could find the DLC (and a whole bunch of others btw) was a scene release.

It's the same productcode. So it is the same version of the game. But the scene release uses .pkg fixes for the main game and the DLC. Will those DLC packs be compatible to my install activated through a .rap file? Again same product code. It's the US PSN version.

>No Vita News
See? I knew I'd fuck it up, goddammit. That's why I didn't want to do the OP.

Confusing as fuck, is the Ultra release DLC or a .pkg and .rap of the retail Ultra release?

If its DLC, install it, should be fine.
If its the retail version, try and install it anyway it should replace your AE install or at the very least you'll have two versions of SF4 and you can decide to uninstall AE afterwards.

Oh it still works yay

I'm getting this error with the nightly retroarch cores for GBC and Picodrive.
I'm using a hacked o2ds with latest fw

What's the problem here?
That's just Luma3DS working as intended.

>rei

which one? ferrox? rebug?
and once I installed it I'd guess I'd need to split the pkg

Ultra can be had many different ways but mine is a DLC upgrade from Super which comes as a "dlc_upgrade.pkg" and a "dlc_upgrade_fix.pkg".

Those two are from a pack that contains the base game and all DLC including the upgrade. Thing is I already have the base game installed but not from that pack. Just the straight up PSN version and a .rap.

Now I was not sure if they would be compatible - game activated through rap + DLC activated with a fix.pkg

Ultra came out as a disc and stand-alone digital version too. So it is indeed a bit confusing. Maybe I should just go for an ISO or something.

Use Luma 7.1.
Luma 8 onward introduced crashes like this for seemingly no reason.

>been out of the 3ds scene for about a year
>come back to hack a new 3ds
>fags now have abandoned emunand in favor of some shitty hybrid with sys
fucking why

Install ferrox and if you want after downgrade to rebug 4.81.2 or whatever

>Ferrox? Rebug?
Rebug > Ferrox
>Guess i'd need to split the PKG
Nope, install Multiman and FTP the .pkg to the packages folder inside your hard drive, if you're on Rebug you'll be able to select that folder instead of USB.

If you decide to go Ferrox, same deal except once you transfer the .pkg you'll need to select it in Multiman and it'll be ready to install from Package Installer.

Retail = Digital Release or Disk Release

But you just answered your question. DLC Upgrade = Needs the base game which you have. Just install both .pkg's and you should be good to go.

cant I go with rebug directly?

>which one? ferrox? rebug?
mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP

>and once I installed it I'd guess I'd need to split the pkg
FTP

requires cfw to install. The guides I've seen have all implied you just kind of have to go through ferrox/some 4.82 cfw first. Maybe you can get the 4.82 lite rebug without ferrox and go backwards to 4.81.2 after that though. It's like 5 minutes most though going to ferrox then rebug.

>cant I go with rebug directly?
Yes. Just install the one from that link like the guide says

Can I play with a Wii U + haxchi online (like Splatoon or whatever)?
Also i recently cleaned up a few mega accts I had and now I have like 150gb free to upload ROMs/ISOs, are there any systems in particular that are becoming tough to get these days?
Saw a few people mention Gamecube and i have a lot of the first party gamecube games plus several decent wii games.

Will you shut up if you don't know what you're talking about? Thanks

You don't have to do that and you don't want to either.

so the pkg dont require installation? I just move them to the ps3? only have 48gigs. what to do with the dlc+voice pack+fix?

So you can go directly to 4.81.2 then?

FTP them to the PS3 using Multiman, make sure they go into the folder marked Packages
Exit Multiman, go back to the XMB
Under games, you should see an option named "Package Manager"
Enter that, select "Install Packages" you should see your .pkg files if you're on ReBug
Install the game, then DLC, then voice pack, then fix

so, if im not mistaking, i have to ftp the pkg files to the ps3 and install from there? will 48 gigs be enough?

Sorry if this gets asked a lot but after we have REBUG or some PS3 CFW, is there a ban risk in logging into PSN to play online?
I haven't played Demons Souls for years and we only have like 2 months left before they kill the servers forever.
Are there any games that bypass PSN for online (particularly racing?)

>so the pkg dont require installation? I just move them to the ps3? only have 48gigs. what to do with the dlc+voice pack+fix?
pkg require installation on internal hdd, and internal only. pkg below 4gb can install straight through usb fat32 volumes. larger than 4gb need to be transferred to the internal hdd before installation because of 4gb file size limit on fat32 volumes and the ps3 won't recognize other external volumes. that's where your splitting question can be a solution albeit a bad one. you connect a pc/notebook via ftp and transfer without splitting and much faster than via usb.

but you will need temporarily need twice the space of the actual game (1 x pkg, 1 x install). you can delete the pkg afterwards.

>So you can go directly to 4.81.2 then?
Yes

Its 20GB so yes.

yes.
if disk space is a issue you can check out ps3netsrv and mount the pkg directory over the network.
requires a little bit of work but nothing major.

>yes
what the fuck man everyone seemed to act like you had to go through ferrox or you'd get the data error when I was doing it. I shouldn't have used reddit's guide.

yeah, chust checked, thought it was 25

>reddit's guide
it's a modified cfw to work on 4.82

If I already have a CFW PSP, how long does it take to set up 6.61 Infinity?

Was trying to do A9LH to B9S on my N3DS and now it would turn on.
Anyone know what happened?

let me rephrase that, it turns on, but turns off immediately after.

Nevermind, appereantly I deleted arm9

Is there a Sega Genesis emulator for 3ds sans the retroarch core?

/bannedforawhilenow/ 3DS question

Decrypt9 won't let me inject a blank NNID save for whatever reason.

Apparently there's a solution using GodMode9 but that comes with a GodMode9.firm when my instructions require a .bin. Renaming the file type did not work, though I had to try.

Wat do

Is there a working Yakuza 5 download that doesn't freeze on the trophy check?

i don't remember precisely how long, but it was definitely under an hour

Ahh, the memories

Hi, i can get a 250G X360 for 50€ , but i know nothing about the hacks.
Is every firmware hacked? Software hacked? Necessary hard disk?

>a game with rosalina
>invoking nostalgia
Underage, huh?

This was in mario party 4, which was out in 2002 you colossal faggot

Is it possible to use a usb stick on an actual vita? Or only sd cards? Usbs are a hell of a lot cheaper than sds.

because having to install GBA and DSiware games on both nands and having 1 gig always used by emunand was the right the way to go

You're clearly too young to remember, but Rosalina hasn't always been in Mario Party.
Rosalina first appeared in a Mario Party game in Island Tour, which released only 4 years ago. And that's not a 3DS game you're playing, so it has to be Mario Party 10 which was released in 2015 you literal fucking toddler.

yes

How is it? I heard that it was trash.

NIgger, are you retarded?
That's from the Greatest Hit Mario Party game that just came out. The minigame itself is 15 years old.

he's talking about the minigame you ponce

You really are retarded, that's a Martio Party game for 3DS with 100 minigames from all the Mario Party games, including that minigame from Mario Party 4

the boards are trash, but if you only care for minigames then go ahead and play it

I've never seen anyone this retarded until you decided to post today. When he said "memories" he's clearly talking about the minigame, from which Mario Party Top 100 has present.

Stop trying to be an elitist over menial shit. No one thinks you're cool you fucking tool.

Go outside and get some fresh air, your brain is malfunctioning. I'm in my 30's.

It's okay, good for short bursts of play, bit of a timekiller. Not something that you could play for hours.

This. I used to play the minigame with my friends on Gamecube, and every time, i'd write some offensive word in cursive at the end and still win.

>I'm in my 30's
I understand that you think that's a bragging point, but you're playing Mario Party alone in your 30s.

No, you called me out on being underage, i'm proving you wrong.

Fuck right off. I grew up in a time of nintendo games, and as for playing alone, my partner was playing with me.

>my partner was playing with me.
No he wasn't.

Weaponised Autism spotted

Is there a way to play DS games on 3DS by injection or emulator or some shit?

Get a flashcart

Yes but it's not worth it. Seriously, just get a flash cart.

If you're adamant, here's the link. github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

Here's a list of what is and isn't working and how well it is or isn't working. Your mileage will vary.

DS from SD was NOT worth waiting for.

Why does Portrait of Ruin keep freezing on flashcarts? I've owned 3 now and it always does.

>Get a flashcart
I have one but its used for magnethax and according to the guide >the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it

Yeah, while NTRBoot is on it. Most flash carts can be flashed back to their original firmware after doing so. Which cart did you use?

r4i gold

do you use it for magnethax often? if not flash it back using the guide

3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
Bottom of the page has a list with firmwares and how to flash your card back to playing DS games.

Hopefully it's HW revision 4, otherwise you'll be using an older flash and *might* brick it. I'll look for HW5 just in case and get back to you.

get a good micro sd, I had a shitty one for years, changed it and now PoR works great

I got a switch on 3.0.2; am I fucked?

You get to play Mario Odyssey

how's the 360 scene?

I did, I changed to a 16GB class 10 one and it still does.

i cannot for the life of me get coverarts for emulated games to work with wiiflow on my hacked wii, no matter what console (snes,gba,gbc) doesn't matter what i name the rom, the coverarts just never download. do i have to manually download each one on my computer and do it that way?

also the snes9x plugin is a little funky, i have both snes9x and snes9x-next or whatever, and roms are only detected if i use the latter, but i assume this is just a filepath mistake somewhere, im more concerned about the coverarts not downloading/showing up, any tips?

Where did you get it? What brand is it?

Kingstone, local store.

I have a PSP-2000 that I haven't touched in years, but I do remember getting CFW running on it

I tried booting it up today and it wouldn't turn on; I lost the charger so I macgyvered a shitty one out of a USB cable and some tape and kept that plugged in for a few hours, still won't turn on (and I'm sure the charger probably worked)

I think part of the CFW installation required fucking with the battery firmware or something, but only software-wise, I never took the battery apart

Anybody have any pointers? I just wanna play some Renegade Squadron and not be forced to use a shitty emulator

try another battery.

I don't have an extra battery and I don't have a charger

so buy one. at least buy a real charger. there's a lot of factors that could be failing in your macgyver setup.

Does that even exist anymore? What else even is there to do?

Just got a slim PS3 for Christmas. I'm assuming it's not moddable but just in case I figure I'll double-check with you guys.
It's CECH-4000, but I haven't connected it to the internet yet and the system software is version 4.25. Am I screwed?

yes

So I have an old ass Ace3DS flashcart, not the Plus, not the X, the original that's just been sitting around collecting dust forever now. Can it be used to create a ntrboot cart? I know when you start the flasher it mentions Acekard 2i, DSTT, R4iSDHC, and R4i Gold 3DS but I don't know which of those my old Ace3DS is based off of to flash this to.

super slim 4.82 is getting hacks soon™

Superslims are shit and unhackable for now.

Nevermind I made a slightly less shittier one, battery looks ok

>This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version(

How do I check what update my Switch is on? I can't seem to find it in the menus anywhere. I'm able to play Odyssey though without updating so I assume I'm past 3.0

it doesn't display what version you're on if it detects there's an update available. kike trickery.

Wow, that's obnoxious. The fact that I can run Mario means I'm probably past 3.0 anyway. Oh well

I thought that was a picture of a snake.

I'm going to bed now.

>and that DSi CFW will never happen because Apache Thunder is a fag
Why's he withholding? Do we even have a reason?