/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Red Hot Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

speedrun.com/run/yl96593y
pastebin.com/Xbyq6Laz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon-wheel_effect
lingdonh.itch.io/normal-human-face-simulator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is beamng /egg/?

>that moment of impact

Spider fortress up in this motherfucker

>this drives me up the fucking wall

>ywn get burned alive by an evil cyborg pirate loli.
Why even live

witness

ay fucko
stop including minecraft in the op

Not to be that "collaborative engineering" guy but, what should my factorio oil layout look like? I vaguely remember something like petroleum us for sulfur, light oil is for flame turret ammo, heavy is for cracking to light and solid fuel.

Is that right?

Heavy makes lubricant and light oil is better for solid fuel. Flamethrower ammo requires both light and heavy oil, and petroleum also makes plastic.

>when the crossout meta has shifted into missile spam, and 90% of players are too fucking stupid to figure out how to fight back against it

reminder that Angel's mods for Factorio are dicked
wait for a new version that fixes "you need X to make Y, but you need Y to make X" issues

real meta is going lancelots and one shotting people and not giving a fuck because only kills matter, nothing says balance by instagibbing

>cons, hovers are immune to you

How do you fight back against missile spam?

speedrun.com/run/yl96593y

this seems p. nice

learned quite a few tricks and realized that I might as well just use blue prints

become a hover that can strafe xD

>Just saw that preview for the Factorio spider tank
Ooh baby, I want.

Drive/fly into the path of the missiles and abuse their glacial turn rate. Its a good fucking thing they're so damn slow or they might actually be a threat to me when I'm not crippled.

just cloak

>how do you fight missile spam?

>can shoot missiles down
>can dodge them if fast enough
>can easily hide from them behind cover
>can take a cloak for 1 energy and use it to lose all missile locks on you
>if you can afford it get a Spark tesla gun, and it shoots 100% of any missiles within range of it. Also makes turrets evaporate, and stuns the fuck out of enemies.

The problem is most players build slow pieces of shit, and get mad that missiles totally wreck their slow tanks when they just drive into the open. Using a slow tanky build is fine, but peek out from cover and shoot stuff. These players just sit in the open and eat 1000000 missiles to the face, and then get mad about it.

I have a weird obsession to accomplish tasks with a single arm, whenever possible.

Also i just realized there's fast forward option with ALT+LMB when testing, fml..

Factorio will never be on sales and I never regretted buying it (compared to many Early-access project). Save yourself trouble and buy it now.
(I now see that you intend to)
Of course I speak as a filthy priviledged first world middle class who can afford to waste 60buck on stuff

>look like
Myself I made a pipe bus with all type of liquid running in parallel, one side is fuel conversion, other side are the industry that use fuel, it take lot of place but I can expand it indefinitely.
(too tired right now to take a screenshot)

since the egg clan is dead in Crossout do you guys want to make a new one?

So do the paddles on the DWG ships actually do anything or are the just cosmetic?

Just tell Khritzo to get online and transfer the clan ownership to somebody whos actually plays. Id start a new clan but I dont feel like spending 500 gold to start one, when we already have one.

They're functional.

can you transfer clan ownership?

So they actually effect the ships speed? How?

Pretty sure you can. Not 100% sure. Devs said at some point they'll add more clan functionality like being bale to have more than 20 players, and the ability to assign ranks, so that people in the clan with top ranks can invite/kick players instead of the leader being the only one able to do it.

But who knows when they'll actually add any of that, if ever.

looks like fucking cancer

is the ingame fps higher than this webm shows or is really like filming a helicopter bad

From what little experimenting I've done they work as you'd expect, Increase the speed of the paddle wheel and the ship goes faster.

Not sure what the fps on the webm is but the in-game fps was probably higher on that occasion since there's only one small ship in play

?
do you not understand that they deliberately made it rottate the wrong direction to start, then slow down real slow to mimic something they don't understand

>get put on EU server instead of NA server

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOL I want to see the instructions on that thing

This poster is smoking banana peels. The paddle wheel is spinning the right direction in-game it looks like it's going backwards due to an fps mismatch.

you are a liar

Here is it without that extra pivot at the end, still getting used to moving the products

bruh

>cycles: 26
what am i doing wrong

Drops/grabs happen before swings and stuff, so you have the arm that takes it to the output move on the same cycle that the piston arms drops.

Notice how in yours the left arms are synced, while in mine they aren't.

are you fuckin gay

wait till biggus dickus hears of this

rate my fucking meme sniper rifle build

Thats how most of my solutions look.

cute robot maids when?

Just get a robot vacuum and slap a pic of you're waifu on it

>roomba with a waifu pic on it
This is a brilliant idea user why couldn't you tell me before christmas?

Poor little F-22

btw if anyone feels like experimenting with water nukes here's the bsg for a 512 cannon bomb
pastebin.com/Xbyq6Laz
left shift to detonate. Run at low speed lest you want to murder your framerate

>nail some dude from across the map with dual tsunamis
>pop his generator and see around 4000 damage pop up
>limps back behind cover on a single spider leg

become hover to remove hover

>Gee Billy, TWO Fuel Barrels?/10

I decided to gave CROSSOUT a try, but uninstalled it after just one match after not being able to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration, how do you people play it?

fuck off soyboy

>accidentally knock really topheavy design
>lands upside down
>nicely help the guy back up
>"idiot"
>spend the rest of the match making sure this guy stays belly up

I need to make a hover specifically designed to flip things

Y u so bully? i'm genuinely curious how you people adapt to it, i don't think game is bad, but controls are atrocious because of how mouse handles.

I have been playing games my whole life and haven't got a clue what the fuck you are talking about

what is wrong with the mouse?

it moves when I move it and it goes the right way

I suspect you of being retarded
there is no mouse smoothing/acceleration

What's the deal with all these space games like avorion, empyrion, stationeers, space engineers, osiris, planet nomads, starmade, etc?

Which one's the best?

the one with the most players

is it a paddle why it spins on reverse and speed up ship forward instead

Brainlet.

It's a frame rate issue, when you use slow-motion it becomes apparent that the paddles are indeed going forwards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon-wheel_effect

Turn off cuckout and lern you something.

You seem to be new to Crossout.
Dont worry, the goyim packs are currently 50% off!

Could save 3 area by leaving the product spot in the original orientation, and using a hydraulic arm to push the assembly into the slot rather than swing it.

Quite happy how this turned out, could saved about 48 cycles at the cost of 40 shekels w/o changing much though.

Holy shit, what a cool ship.
That's it, I'm buying FtD

It's ok, we all make mistakes.

This works too i guess.

>spend months posting original designs
>a slightly modified NPC ship impresses user enough to buy the game

XDDD

Anyone got this error message when setting up dedicated Empyrion servers? I'm trying to log on to the server on the same machine that's running it.

So far, i've
- Downloaded the Dedicated Server tool via Steam [X]
- Browsed the local files [X]
- Copied the old dedicated.yaml as a back-up, and made my changes in the old one [X]
- Renamed both the server and the game in the config so I'll recognize them [X]
- Set my local machine's IP static in the router settings [X]
- Port forwarded the range 30000:30004 from my router to said static IP [X]
- Set the local machine as DMZ [X]
- Ran the dedicated server via Steam [X]

The dedi window shows the name I set for my game and doesn't crash, so I guess it's reading the right config.
Also the server appears correctly in the server list. Yet the following error appears.

Any advice?

Uninstall

...and reinstall?

wtf I remember fapping to this pic like 10 years ago

run the app

No

>unable to adapt to certain circumstances
You are among the first to die in the Jungle.

You can be in my Jungle squad.

>this could totally be done in 219 cycles
>would probably be incredibly complicated

I always really don't want to do these, but I'm also really tempted.

something with EAC?

Adding propeller blades to the engine makes it spin retarded fast at high speeds which gives it a speed boost. Apparently the thrust generated by the blades is enough to not only overcome the extra drag but also dramatically increase speed

Try emp admin helper, it's quite powerful tool made by one of HWS owners and basically the only way I somehow got their dedicated server up and running when I needed my own survival server that copies HWS for testing weird ideas and shenanigans on how to exploit the game
Shame they removed most of them and things like clangship of monstrosity that spreads clouds of glitch-docked rocket-artillery hovercrafts in space that start frantically spinning and spamming their rockets on any hostile target while drawing target's turret fire on themselves instead of mamaship that starts shooting it's own volleys or ship shaped as slingshot that shoots hovercrafts that shoot rockets and artillery at bases on blaneds sadly these things never lifted off because retarded devs kept breaking things that allowed them in the first place and are not a thing any more so fuck them fuck empyrion I'm so fucking done it's physically painful to remind myself about these things

If there was a build mode or something it might.

fuck these production puzzles man

Is this CHODE?

there is but its pretty similar to cuckout in that theres pre-set parts, and you cant weld them to places

>pre-set parts
Im talking actual neverever kind of building.

And now onto the post-game.

Yes

Hello /egg/, is this egg?

lingdonh.itch.io/normal-human-face-simulator

Why do you have a track in the middle if you never use it?
Enjoy the post-game.

no

Cause I was originally planning to use it and then my plans changed mid-product cause I saw something better and forgot to remove it. Thanks for saving me 10G.

To be fair, you need a four digit IQ to understand /egg/

I just take a basic chicken egg, dress it up like the Engineer from TF2, and I got /egg/.

I watched 2 seasons of Rick and Morty, I feel like my pump is now primed enough for /egg/.

>owning a penis pump