/mcg/ - Minecraft General - "It's a Clubberfuck!" Edition

Previous thread

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F
twitter.com/seargedp/status/738398048062218244
terrafirmacraft.com/f/forum/29-addons-applications/
time.com/4568843/minecraft-exploration-update-jens-bergensten-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no thread for several hours
>forced to lurk other generals
>catalog cluttered with pictures of stupid ching chong chinese cartoons for every thread
Let us never speak of this day again.

the deddest of the dead

anything new? TC addons? mod attempts? backports?

>anything new?
>when part of the news in the OP is going to have a one year anniversary before this thread dies
Minecraft is fuckin ded

serblist broke

On the serblist, Dark Frontier - Thaumcraft links pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F for instructions but that paste is down.

>someone forked Matter Overdrive to add new stuff to it on 1.7.10
neat

Best pokemon server?

remember >brad posting?

>Environmental Tech now needs materials that can only be obtained from the void ore miner to progress with the mod
>a few stacks of them
>and getting them is completely random among all ores you have in your pack
This is where I'd be feeling bad for memeversionfags were it not for >memeversions

>Magneticraft generates 7 ores
>one of those is the same copper as every mod ever
>one is sulfur which is in plenty other mods and can be obtained in different ways anyway
>one is the basic material of the mod
>the other four are all fucking useless
please
ples

which version is going to be next 1.7.10?

OH SHIT WHERE

And you couldn't get to make one yourself because...?

Just look for Matter Megadrive (thanks Sega) on curseforge, the author hasn't added anything yet though but judging by that description he must have plans.

Damn that's great news. Hope the guy keeps new stuff consistent with the base mod.

There won't be another 1.7.10. Ever.

1.12.2 would be close, but I have it on good authority a significant fraction of modders are very excited for Mojang's engine changes this iteration and might hop on 1.13/1.14 as soon as possible. We can only hope Searge's tweet was not a joke and they'll stop major breakage then

>spoiler
source?

twitter.com/seargedp/status/738398048062218244

As far as I know, it was more or less meant as a joke and a jab at those who complained about Minecraft updating too often - but we can dream, right?

Effectively, cherish 1.12.2 while it lasts, though the 1.13 push might be delayed until 1.14 - I've heard that Forge might choose not to stabilize on 1.13 at all due to the amount of changes they're planning, such as rewriting most of the internal mod loading code. They're mostly good, though.

>never played a Skyblock Factory before
>try Infinity Evolved Skyblock
>mfw blindly and slowly progressing on my comfy Skyblock base

>mfw looking at the most basics machines crafting recipes

Why does your base look like an anime girl?

Fucking shaderfags

>all those changes for Compact Machines on memeversions
Holy shit that's fucking stupid

Any mods that complement Terrafirmacraft nicely? I'm having a lot of fun with it right now, but wonder if there are any other mods that usually go with it.

So has anyone tried out Augmented Triad on ATLauncher. So far, I planned to try and start a tech mod but only managed to start up a Growthcraft cheese cellar.

There's a bunch of addons made exclusively for TFC

Any in particular you'd care to recommend?
I'm guessing that this terrafirmacraft.com/f/forum/29-addons-applications/ is the best place to look for them.

minecraft 2.0 when?

>terrafirmacraft.com/f/forum/29-addons-applications/
that's the place

The only times I played TFC with addons has been as modpacks, so can't recommend specifics
The only ones I know are Terramisc, TFCtweaks, the cellar one and another to make fancy lamps

When kids stop buying Creeper t-shirts and Enderman backpacks.

>Regarding starting over and making a sequel, I look at Minecraft as somewhat like an online roleplaying game, even though you play locally. By that, I mean people who are playing Everquest, who were very into Everquest, when Everquest 2 was released, most people didn’t make the leap. When they were asked to make the switch, they didn’t feel an obligation to, in part because they suddenly had dozens of different roleplaying games to choose from.
>In a sense, I feel that if we were to make a “Minecraft 2,” we’d be our own worst enemy, and open up the field for any creative block building game to step in and take some of our players.

time.com/4568843/minecraft-exploration-update-jens-bergensten-interview/

>we don't want to divide our player base by releasing minecraft 2
>but it's ok to do that with different versions within the same game
Hypocrites are the fucking worst.

ETA on the next Primitive update?

They don't care about modding though

Ok /mcg/ wish me luck. Starting an hardcore modded 1.12.

Want to explore this version, after years of 1.7.10

holy fuck the bees are amazing now

>pc, console, pocket, monetized win10

Thank you.

>friends made a comfy 1.1.12 vanilla server
>when noone/1-4 people are on I can join fine
>when 10+ people are on I keep timing out
>cant even connect when most everyone is there
why

tell them to rack up the fucking maxplayer count

No, the goal is to pretend it's the same game, that is "like an online roleplaying game", you introduce balance changes and gameplay tweaks from time to time but insist it's the same game every time.

anyone want to make a 1.6.4 server?

Infernal Mobs works on modded mobs too, right?

I do
;-;

>IE as the sole tech mod
>Witchery
>Mystcraft
>Twilight Forest
>Erebus

Should I add any other content mods? Any "small additions" mods, such as bibliocraft, that would fit well?

That they do.

Atum, Minefantasy, Thaumcraft, BoP and some struct gen mods, Ancient Warfare, Archimedes Ship, TiCon + Def + Mechworks, Traincraft.

Any good techbased 1.12 modpacks?

traceroute it and see where the issue is

Garden Stuff

Best 1.7.10 mod

Gentlemen, how do improve polar bears?

Taming would be a nice start

*how do we

I tried using Erebus but it did wonky things to the fluid ID for milk that I didn't know how to fix so I had to uninstall it.

they are nice enough, just add grizzly, black, brown or panda variants that spawn in biomes worth visiting
I really like how they actually have an attack chargeup animation

Step 1: remove polar bears
Step 2: add something good instead

When will Mo'Creatures be updated to 1.12.2?

it is updated

the real question is, why would you want Mo'Creatures?

because there is no good alternatives

Animals+, HMaG, GoG, Special Mobs, Shincolle, Twilight Forest, Primitive Mobs, just to name a few. Mo' Creatures is awful and demands you make its mobs the standard.

>when the worldgen is just right

>recommending a mod that doesn't have a config because the author wanted it to be "simple"
I hope he likes crickets.

Even worse, none of those mobs are biome-exclusive. You can end up with a mess of mobs just about anywhere. Some of them are neat, but not worth fucking up the spawning of other entities.

>calls mo' creatures awful
>recommends stupid nip shit

None of those mods I mentioned fuck with the spawn rate or require some shitty add-on to make his mod stand out over everything else.

What is so awful about it?
It was quite popular few years ago

Which one of those are you talking about?

Animals+

Is that yours? How.

Wild mobs is a great alternative. Has some of the mobs from Animals+ (including butterflies) among other mobs. Mobs spawn in specific biomes, and it has a config.

Animals+

>bear taming
give it salmon!
>bear fishing
one swoop at a bear makes a fish pop out of a nearby pond/river. automatize!
>bear cavalry
bears aren't that fast but can swim and attack without dismounting you.

He started adding a bunch of ridiculous out of place mobs that spawn in awful biomes, the config is clunky, and it sticks its fingers in MC's core spawning system for some reason, so it tends to massively fuck up spawning with other mods. Either those mods won't spawn mobs at all, or they'll spawn but ignore the mods own spawn rate settings.

>Wild mobs
hey this looks cool!

nipshit is the pinnacle of minecraft modding

bage den

never forget recurrent complex is the nigger of structure generation

ITS

2 0 1 7

CURRENT YEAR

Not only what said, but that was around 2010 or 2011, better mob mods have come out since. Even the shittier looking mobs mods are better than Mo' Creatures. All Mo' Creatures has going for it is that it's older than some of MC's audience today and Mojang got its horse model from that same mod (The one thing it did right, fuck that awful downgrade).

wew

>page ten

>no matter what

Ah, you mean 201.7.10 :^)

MUH PERSIMMONS still going strong huh

while i think MUHPURMISSHUN is stupid, this just sounds like giving the finger to FtB

and hey, paid mods are already a pretty big insult, so imagine paid modpacks with "stolen" content

Is it possible to automatically pull out items from an EvilCraft spirit furnace?

wew indeed

Why would you even want a general if you are just going to bump it every hour or more.

I'm sure everyone is just sleeping. The thread will be alive soon enough.

yes

im dead

I didn't pay attention to Minecraft in last 2 years.
Did anything interesting happen since then? Last thing I remember is MS buying MC.

>when the mean age of your user base can be found on the clock