/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

still the best mod edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/40

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Gloria Sinica : available on the steam store.ยจ
Warning : mostly negative reviews

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

This is Rhodok soil

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Praise king Harlaus.

Why won't my crossbowmen fire
Also is it fire or loose for crossbows

Fuck off cunt

What I've tried: Having them hold position and tell them to fire at will
Result: Absolutely nothing, they don't move
Telling them to charge
Result: They actually did it the absolute madmen (instead of firing)

More like praise Prisoner Harlaus

[b]LONG MAY HE REIGN![/b]

playing Phantasy 2018 as drow necromage for run1, dorf barbarian for run2, and drow stealthy as test.

what are you gonna use while watching your cuckoldry videos tonight? the red or the black dragon dildo?

Wait, when did it go from fackable body to fuckable body?

yea, dark shit suits you
and 'Im gonna use carrot, why?

Plus I'm rly kinda curious, don't be a fag and spill that out. You owe me for answerig half of your pre-basics tier quiestion :^)

>holy
>roman
>empire

Holy Roman Caliphate

That's not how you inbreed you stupid Hapsburgs.

insh'allah

>gloria sinica

wtf i love chinks now?

>being butthurt about this
Clearly, you have to Go Back

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

what mod op

>this new

warphilia

No retreat for the Han, no rest for the traitors.
Baby football.

Is it possible to remove the anticheat? it made it near impossible to progress

wasn't it removed with the last version?
There's also warwolf, not sure if it ever had the anticheat stuff

Floris Crossbowguy here again
My crossbowmen do not have bolts when I ask their equipment
What do I do?
Also
>nvm fixed it.jpg

Can't you mod the troop trees so crossbowmen have bolts?

>nobody replied
>took the guy almost two days to fix it
sad

I can try
This seems like an obvious problem, why does it exist?

>played thousands of hours years ago
>bought Warband+napoleanic+Viking dlc bundle for eight bucks
>been hooked for days
>thrash yet another thirty bandit mob
>win yet another tournament
>armor shop has zero money cuz of all the junk we keep selling to them
>meanwhile my pockets are deep
>12,000+
>buy baller looking norse long gambeson for about 2,789
>decide not to go out to the bar irl and play more viking conquest all weekend
>sail across the channel to get some lord to agree to peace with norway
>arrive at christian city
>there's another tournament
>win that tournament too
>omfg they awarded my a super pumped out viking chainmail hauberk with fur trim way better than any of my gambesons
>go shopping
>omfg tempered sword for sale at about 7,789
>yolo purchase
>rewarded by pagan God's for staying in and spilling virtual blood

Where can I download the latest version? All my searches take me to some russian site that definitely has the anticheat

so archery rly is utter shit there? What do you take ubstead> Thrown weapons, second axe?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2ea531f7cc6c040c4d90cbcefdfe9f3d8f352d51&dn=Mount.and.Blade.Warband.Viking.Conquest-SKIDROW%5brarbg%5d&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969
let's say I canno dislike your actual trip
I might get some bitching for that, so apreciae ;p

Also, you lost in google-fu to old fart 3rdworlder unemployed junkie, I dunno how do feel about it.

Have you heard of that mod called "Dynasty Warriors?"

nvm fixed it
I feel silly now
pm me if you need help

Take a shield wall full of warriors with you; utilize small unit tactics by flanking & backstabbing anyone beating on your mens' shields (and sidestepping/backpedaling closer to your buddies when three or four dudes are whaling on your shield).
>also use the longest & fastest spear you can from horseback -- although lance-couching has been disabled in VC, this technique is still the tits
Disregard all missile weapons (except the ones aimed at you); I have a stack of skirmish javelins, but nearly all of my kills are by battle axe, spear or sword like a true Viking.

Blood Eagle or Dark Ages for Viking Conquest?

user's submod only.

Seems I didn't full fix it
The problem is that the english mod fucks up troop equipment.

It's not shit once you get some proficiency and power draw, it's actually really powerful especially in huge battles or sieges when there's always targets with open sides/backs for you. Outside of those you need to be able to put an arrow to the knee since 90% of troops is gonna run up to you with shield up, and aiming at knees is kinda hard. There is also no horse archery, neither skill, nor bows, the only ranged weapon you can use mounted is throwing and with huge accuracy penalties.
If you don't want to deal with all that archery shit then yeah throwing is powerful, it starts to oneshot everything pretty soon, and about 3 javelins break any shield, but you rarely gonna get more than 8 javs per weapon slot (12 drops from some high-level troops), and they don't fly too far, but it's the "default" ranged weapon of VC, a lot of troops use them too so you can pick those javs up though it's kinda bothersome.
Everything gets shit on by a melee dude though who can get a kill with each click and has infinite clicks which also come out way faster than any ranged weapon ever could. Let your troops tank and ai rarely even notices you, then just get free kills at flanks, works even with brainybots.
Infinite clicks part is really important because when you start sieging you will rarely see battles smaller than 300 vs 300 (and often bigger) so whatever ammo you have will quickly deplete and you will have to melee, you can sometimes pick up ammo but it takes too much time and isn't always available.
Ranged is more of an side-thing in VC, unless you are willing to put a lot of work into archery and your aim is good.

Aren't battles too boring over some time? I tried 100% foot gameplay, but it was in native and I couldn't stand how boring field battles was, thanks to AI using all the times athe same tactics (i,e, slowly paced advances with odd turning to the side of the map while doing,hass been taking ages till we can kill eah otherr)
Afer 1257 and Acok tryout I think I can handle oher form of auism than boredom causing

Are they not any good?

What about gloria sinica?

>It's not shit once you get some proficiency and power draw
so basically, after you what you have to do also everywhere else...
Fuckin cunts were memeing me apparently.
I urge to deal w/ that archer shit. I'm yet to be dissapointed by final effect well (once ffrot companions mayby, but that's it)

Well power draw gives 14% damage per level while power strike gives 8%, in vanilla vc bow+arrow have just a bit less base damage than most melee weapons (both cut type) so it's not really weak when you have str skills up, but it's gonna be slower and harder to land for sure. If you want to make an archer character I recommend starting with 18 agi, getting weapon mastery to 9 and reading book for 1 more, the rest being str for power draw, and getting pict tattoo body which gives +2 to all "power" skills and athletics (still wear heavy armor into sieges though). You can get it through dialog with Alban king once you have positive relation with him, there's some variations of it in cheat menu (mostly cosmetics), I also think elite pict skirmishers should drop them (not sure).
It's kinda risky (that body gives like 10 defense) but fun, you'll have a lot of damage and speed, also 10 weapon mastery and all that damage means you'll usually get at least 1 proficiency point for each shot.
Though dealing with bandit ambushes is a pain lol.

It's almost harvesting season

Hey thanks for the response. What am I supposed to copy there?

fuck me..:^)

>lookin for a job,, IT Senior, fluent english

you paste it to your fav, torrent client.
If you have no such thing yet, you must fetch i yourself and I can't acompany you on that trip,
young Padawan

so the thing is, ok, I get it. but which banner is it? and who is the lord of that banner? which and who is the Bannerlord?!

Are you a Huawei?

Is there a way to get a torrent of modded ad1257? MY internet connection fails way too frequently for a 1gb download. Please help.

Why does he wear the mask?

Would he die if he takes it off?

No retreat for the Caca,
no rest until we cover you in caca.
Titus get the cross XD

how about the perro?

It would be extremly painful...

He's a big guy.

For you

>when you start the Bannerlordposting

Viking Conquest does a lot of little improvements which add up to engaging, non-boring, exciting combat on foot. Seriously.

Will he grow into a big guy?

Why isn't this Bannerlord general? Considering when the game was announced you must have all been playing it for over 2 years now, no?

he will, for the banner

and die waiting

>banelordposting

Like what, for example? Not being sarcastic, I never played VC and genuinely curious

improved battle ai, formations etc

I want a mod named Vikings vs Aliens

I want a game named Bannerlord

why? there is already one game called like that.
release date: 2019+6

Gloria Sinica is actually pretty fun so far. No idea why the reviews are so negative.

doesn't have much content to justify the price tag

>15 bucks for that
lmao

Banner is the one you choose, the lord is you.
Mind = blown.

What if you're the banner instead of the lord?

Then you're a claimantcuck.

Best flag

How do you play versus brainybots? I've been fiddling with it in the past couple days in VC and it's really hard to 1v1 someone, let alone take on more than one. I couldn't fucking complete peasant train quest so I disabled it. They block everything and kick my own blocks off with immediate follow-up attack, I can't replicate that shit for some reason. I feel like I'm missing some fundamental things about battle system, or is it supposed to be like that?

Use these settings.

Okay so I finally bought this game, after playing it while pirated.
A few questions, when I had it pirated, I had a character that had 700 days on him, and I never used any mods, pure vanilla. When I transfer my character (which i believe is possible, right?) what mods should I get for this game? Not looking for any huge overhauls. Just quality of life, and other nice mods.

why is /mbg/ so much better than /gsg/?

floris

they are just shy mayby

in case any1 is looking for 2h melee for mountedd combat..

Most mods require a new game though.

So theres gotta be atleast a few dozen people who lurk and post on this board. Do you think if enough of us met up and threatened immediate suicide if Taleworld didnt release Bannerlord, theyd release it?

Diplomacy/dickplomacy

I thought it has been fairly well established they don't give a fuck, even if a majority of their revenue will end up coming from this board since barely anyone buys these games.

>a majority of their revenue will end up coming from this board since barely anyone buys these games
are you actually retarded

That won't work. We have to find our own bannerlord and make a warband. Then we conquer Taleworlds with fire and sword to make them release an early access version of the game. Then we escape to the Caribbean!

What faction do you think Taleworlds plays the most? We should show up at their office dressed as any other major faction and threaten to burn their office down.

The sultanate, of course.

kh*rgits

i'm a little ashamed but also hard