/dng/ Dueling Network General

YGO General #2677
"MEANWHILE, IN THE DISCORD" Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro Links Beta(Windows): mega.nz/#!MjwTgIgZ!UPINQF4pmyg520CnFvybYaBTbuj9ZcZFqzdPx1KTpXI
>YGOPro Links Beta(Mac): mega.nz/#!cmI22RBQ!VmHBOn1Vkg-E6cdEOsoxkW9aflanBTbq1EpS5NI9AVo
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: LINK VRAINS Box (December 23rd)
●OCG: Flames of Destruction (January 13th)
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)
●OCG: Cybernetic Horizon (April 14th)

●TCG: Wave of Light Structure Deck (January 19th)
●TCG: Extreme Force (February 2nd)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)

*No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format.

*Go to /dlg/ for Duel Links discussion.

I'm not very good at this game, how do I make consistent decks?
I feel like I'm bricking constantly.

run draw and search cards
duh

I mean if we are talking as broad as possible.
>Keep your deck at 40 cards
>Run 3 of cards you want to see in multiples
>Run 1-2 of cards you don't want to draw multiples of
>Run 0-1 of situational cards
>Run 0 winmore cards
>Maximize draw and search cards if you can use them
If you want help though just post your deck(s). It's really hard to help you here with nothing to work with.

Any tips for Invoked True Draco?

this card is actually great batteryman support
it dumps batterymen into the grave for use with their monster reborn card, and the token it summons works well with charger and fuel cell
the deck still really can't do much in one turn without brilliant fusion though from my testing

>batteryman is still getting support
Batteryman Links when?

Anyone mind helping me with my deck? I feel like I'm having consistency problems.

Main Deck

Miscellaneousauras x1
Ultimate Conductor Tyranno x2
Evilswarm Salamandra x1
Sauropod Brachion x2
Super-Ancient Dinobeast x2
Magalomasher X x3
Gilasaurus x1
Tyranno Infinity x2
Babycerasaurus x1
Souleater Oviraptor x2
Petiteranodon x2
Black Brachios x2
Super Conductor Tyranno x1
Rescue Rabbit x1

Twin Twisters x1
Swords of Concealing Light x1
Unexpected Dai x1
Fossil Dig x2
Tail Swipe x1
Big Evolution Pill x1
Lost World x2
Terraforming x1

Quaking Mirror Force x1
Extinction On Schedule x1
Fossil Excavation x1
Seismic Shockwave x1
Survival of the Fittest x1
Negate Attack x1
Secret Blast x1
Grand Horn of Heaven x1

Extra Deck
Evolzar Laggia x2
Evolzar Dolka x2
Steelworm Roach x1

Text lists are generally frowned upon here. Make the deck in a simulator and post the screenshot.

Too many traps

Macro Cosmos to 3 when?

Well for example here's a Batteryman deck I made. I've been out of the game for a while so I just kind of took an old deck and updated it with some of the new cards that I know are popular.
Also I just put Decode Talker in because I don't know what link would be good in this since the Hoshiningen retrain doesn't exist as of yet.

How do i get 2 invocation without spending 40 bucks? Gamble?

>how do i get a million dollars without earning it? gamble?
it doesn't work that way, retard

Unfortunately, I know jack shit about Batterymen so there isn't much I can do for you here. However if you are bricking a shitload, you should probably drop some of that stun at least. Focus on things that turbo out your main plays as fast as possible.

Trade.

So what to think of revolvers deck of it gets printed? We're does it features in the spectrum of anime decks from yugi to Dennis?
For context:

Sunseed genius loci
Plant. 0 atk was just link fodder so far.

Sunavalon Dryas
[ Plant / Link / Effect ]
1 Plant Normal Monster
Arrows bottling
Cannot be used as Link Material the turn it is Link Summoned. Cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. Once per turn, if you take battle or effect damage: You can Special Summon 1 "Sunvine" Link Monster from your Extra Deck to your zone your "Sunavalon" Link Monster points to, and if you do, gain LP equal to the damage you took.
ATK / 0 LINK – 1

un Avalon Dryadess
Plant / Link / Effect ]
2 Plant monsters
Arrows BL, BR
Cannot be used as Link Material the turn it is Link Summoned. Cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. If this card is Link Summoned using a "Sunavalon" Link Monster as material, it gains this effect.
● Up to twice per turn, if you take battle or effect damage: You can Special Summon 1 "Sunvine" Link Monster from your Extra Deck to your zone your "Sunavalon" Link Monster points to, and if you do, gain LP equal to the damage you took.
ATK / 0 LINK – 2

Sun vine healer
Link arrow top
[ plant / Link / Effect ]
When this card is Special Summoned: You can gain LP equal to the total Link Rating of the "Sunavalon" Link Monsters linked to this card x 300.
ATK / 600 LINK – 1

Sun vine gardna
Link Arrow top
[ plant/ Link / Effect ]
During damage calculation, when you would take battle damage from an attack involving this card: You can reduce that damage by the total Link Rating of the "Sunavalon" Link Monsters linked to this card x 800. When this card is destroyed by battle: You can end the Battle Phase.
ATK / 600 LINK – 1

Sun vine slasher
[ plant/ Link / Effect ]
Link arrow bottom
1 Plant Normal Monster
Gains ATK equal to the total Link Rating of the "Sunavalon" Link Monsters linked to this card x 800. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon that monster to your zone your "Sunavalon" Link Monster

>>revolvers lackey

This better?

Seriously?

That deck is beyond trash. Not even kidding, you need to start over.

What would you recommend? I just wanna make a fun Dino deck.

Solar + BF + AAA is nasty tho
NS Solar
Solar sends AAA
BF for seraphinite,sends AAA and tourmaline
NS AAA,special the other 2
Use Solar's effect to make a token
the 3 AAA make Summon Sorceress
Use it's effect to get 9-Volt
9_volt gets Fuel Cell to your hand
SS Fuel Cell]
Use Summon Sorceress and the token to make Topologic Bomber dragon.
Attack for game.

+Fossil dig
+souleater
-2 Brachion
-super conductor
-all those traps
for starters, this should boost consistency a whole lot

Yes seriously, you are complaining about consistency but ran a fuckton of traps that don't do anything. You need to start understanding certian ratios, also some of your choices are just questionable.
You run 2 times the fieldspell and 1 terraforming instead of 3 times the fieldspell. What if you draw your two fieldspells and then later on into terraforming? It's a dead card. Terraforming is to boost consistency to increase your odds to have a card you really want / need.

This is fucking awful, oh my God.

This needs an overhaul, way too many traps , decks don't need more than 4 traps unless you base your strategy around them and dino don't need traps at all I dare say.
Your ratios are all wrong, why just 2 oviraptors, and fossil digs when those are your 2 best cards remove all dinosaurs above level 4 whose name isn't ultimate conductor tyranno.
And what about your extra

Alright, so is this looking better?

This looking a bit better?

I forgot to include the extra deck in that image. Here you go. Also, the reason for the 2 instead of 3 is because I'm basing the deck on what cards I have available at the moment.

>Deck:33

good lord its like you took that one tyranno structure deck and pasted it i know a guy who has a deck straight from this and i hope your name isnt coty

Would adding Kaijuus to the deck work out?

I love Dinos so a friend of mine bought me the Dinomashers Fury deck and gave it to me so we could duel. Also, the 33 is just there for now since I don't know what else to add at the moment. No my name isn't Coty either.

Please be nice to new players asking for help. If you want thread quality to improve it starts here.

No, thread quality improves when tripcodes are dropped and better players start joining the threads

you are part of the problem, not the solution

I'd love to help but i dont have too much time to explain rightnow, but try to maxx out on rabbit, maxx out on terraforming, add 1 maxx c and maybe maxx out on twin twisters. Maybe a second target for rabbit too.

How's this looking /dng/?

Thanks for the help man.

>and better players start joining the threads
We should be trying to make the people that come here into better players. Already skilled players will rarely, if ever, come here.

Looks way better, and for Kaijus yes, theres a dinosaur Kaiju that you can play since you can search it. Replace tailswipe, the pill and swords with terraforming and pic related, since you don't have many non-dinosaur targets 1 is okay I think.

For the Extradeck try to get generic rank4 monsters like Bagooska(helps to buy you time), Castel to spin any problem card, gagaga samurai for OTK potential also some Link monsters to make your zones free like Link spider, proxy dragon and decode talker seems really good. Then you have a really good deck already for a beginner

To be specific this is the Kaiju you should use. From what I have seen from competitive builds, one copy should be adequate. But I am out of my element here so this is the most advice I have. Props to Stratos for lending a hand.

>tfw fire monsters are so shit that they got a missus radiant and nothing even changed

>Please be nice
shut the fuck up

Noids aren't shit, they just don't need that furbait garfield chimera.

How would an Infernoid link monster even look like? I thought they can play without much of an extradeck, but could probably used to get rid of lower level infernoids to make space for the bigger ones

So something like this? Also, big thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Something that allows them to summon Tierra or can bury additional Noids would be nice. Maybe something that puts banished Noids back? If it doesn't do something synergistic for them it really isn't worth the resources most of the time. The level thing isn't as much of a drawback as people think when it really comes down to it. A Link has to be very strong to be worth it.

Link Witch's Apprentice, Hoshiningen and Bladefly when?

More Terraforming.

Should I remove Super-Ancient Dinobeast for them?

aren't we getting the bladefly link in flod?

what's up with all the random dinos you're playing?

Dunno on that front, but at the least I would probably drop to 2 Twin Twisters, side the 3rd copy instead.

Not Dueling Network related but can I get a a GBA/DS/PSP Yu-gi-oh game recommendation? I played a couple of the old GBA and DS ones and was in the mood for something similar to play on my phone

Majority of them are ones I own. I don't know what else to add to the deck.

So like this?

Tag Force. 3 is generally agreed upon to be the best I think.

Oh man, filtering really made a difference, now it feels like this place discuss yugioh all of sudden.

Any of the Tag Force ones on PSP are your best bet.

Looks much much better than where you started my dude. From this point your best bet is to practice with it and improve it from there. If you go to yugiohtopdecks in the OP, you can compare it to other Dinosaur decks that have won major events to see what else you should change.

The really old games really really suck. They're slow and the game is basically beatdown only. I tried to play Nightmare Troubadour recently and it was so boring I only got through like 2 duels before I quit. I loved that game as a kid so It's a shock to see how badly it held up.

The World Championship series is really good. Over The Nexus has a nice story, a good selection of cards and character customization.

Tag Force is alright. The newest one is the most updated game as far as cards go but cuts a ton of corners. It's arguably one of the worst.

tag force probably, but i have a soft spot for the world championship games on the gba/ds
>yuuka
great taste user

I'll try Tag Force, then

I probably played a lot of World Championship, the game looks familiar to me. My issue with Over The Nexus is mostly about all the down time between duels as I don't really care about the plot or the bike stuff

Thanks man and I will check it out.

You don't have to do the bike stuff. You can just do the versus mode that is separate from the story.

What Link format YGOPRO has A.I.?

>NS AAA,special the other 2
AAA can only summon one other AAA though.

Percy if you go online for gideons server and type in AI for password
I personally prefer to fuck around and test with just going on lan against myself with a second client and just test out openings like that etc

Thank you

Why did this meme of ABC and its players being retarded come from? Is it because that deck is straightforward or is it because it’s a forced meme?

it's just a forced meme one user keeps spamming

"ABC is easy as 123", that is legit the entire joke.

1 person trying to force it, just as 1 person is trying to force "muh paywall" meme.

It’s just the same meme that always pops up whenever there’s a decent deck that’s fairly straightforward to play. Remember how hard people were shitting on Tellars during DUEA format?

>just as 1 person is trying to force "muh paywall" meme.
Pretty sure that's just Trip.

With cards like the topologics and those dark spellcaster links , it's bout time we start seem links as at least minibosses like most xyz instead of the key to open more zones, we were past that since decide.

That said, a noid link has value my clearing your field of 'levels and if it recycled banished noids even better

What did they mean by this

Like the cannot be used as a material thing on spectre cards seems like a nice way to balance a link 1 spam deck

Cards that need to be banned.
Trickstar Reincarnation
SPYRAL Sleeper
Grinder Golem
Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapir
Level Eater
Imperial Order

>Trickstar Reincarnation
Nah, limit maybe.
>SPYRAL Sleeper
No comment.
>Grinder Golem
Just a matter of time.
>Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapir
Lol no
>Level Eater
Eh, eventually.
>Imperial Order
Yep

>banning bagooska
Nothing wrong with it tho

Any """meme""" from the past five years in this dying shithole is forced garbage from one assblasted dude.
>ABC 123
>Paywall
>Is X good in Y

>Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapir
Shit may as well ban Swords of Concealing/Revealing while we're at it, ban every stall spell/trap too.

Why are windwitches so expensive.

What's the ratio of rarity types in a booster box nowadays?

>Why are windwitches so expensive.
Because it's a good engine that is quite splashable and is in a fairly high rarity with no reprint.

Have my deck, have my car, have anxiety. Do I do it and just go to a local yu-gi-oh meetup? I never actually played a game in person before. Anyone else here in a similar situation and nervous? Bros what do you recommend. Is it odd if I just go to watch and look at people playing for my first time and browse around the store. I'm really nervous I don't want to look like a creep since I'm 22 and I'm unsure if that will make me look too odd. This place usually host games for it once a week for 5 dollars. But I never played before so is it odd if I just show up to browse around. IDK help me bros!!!

No reprints. Hopefully they get them next year but
I don't know where. They intentionally didn't put them in the Mega Packs but the Kaiba set doesn't seem right. Probably an early summer set.

For rarities in a box on average
2 Secrets
4 Ultras
18 Supers

Go, being nervous is fine but I guarantee you will see people cringier than you.
>22
Everyone else there will be your age.

Just show up, no one cares at all.
If you're that nervous, ask a friend to come with you. Game shops normally have something that can keep him entertained, like a TV or a game console set up somewhere. Maybe he can enter with a budget deck for fun.
If you were in Florida, we could go together. You know, like a date.

I KNOW RATA IS LURKING IN HERE
SHOW YOURSELF YOU SERBIAN CUNT

rata here

Do i get crunchwrap supreme tonight or mc pick 2?

Is that serbian cock actually fat tho?

Opinions? I kinda wanna try picking up pendulum magicians after Electrum is released

Everyone fuckin knows

Both are honestly poor deals.

I have, wendys, popeyes, mcdonalds, burger king, and taco bell all nearby me within a few minutes. Any one you guys would recommend I go to tonight for comfort food and dueling foodz?

Win against pendulum magicians by Anti-Spell fragrance alone

>after Electrum is released
You'll be lucky if they survive long enough for that.

Beefy crunch burrito.

Trying out pure Ojamas for shits and giggles, no Armed Dragon or Union support or anything. I'm not sure if this is the best build though. Running Metaverse over Terraforming for potential Ojama Country tilts but its only in theory

Eh, even if they hit Pend Magicians id still give it a shot with adjustments. The amount of plusses you can pull off with astrograph is just absurd

Is this peak yugioh

Even if you’re doing no Armed dragon or light machines, still run x3 of Ojama party since it’s search effect is quite good even for a trap.

what the fuck is this supposed to be

Jack Knights ft Aelister, Kaijus, Handtraps and Trickstars

Tellars is as helmet as a deck can be though