/scg/ Star Citizen General #246

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 live PU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/QNNgQshs

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-performance-tidbits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't see shit

If your FPS is shit try unparking your CPU (aka setting the minimum use to 100%). Apparently that helps some people.

Or just kill yourself that works too.

You would think a gaming community as big and autistic as star citizen would have a huge wiki but pretty much all the wikis are hopelessly outdated.

What would you even need a wiki for at thisp oint

Why is the Laser SMG bigger and bulkier than the Laser Rifle?

Lightsabers when?

It's not that's just perspective.

mobiglass 3.0

spess p90 but they forgot to make it short

Why is the starmap so shit?

Every time you insult Zane he kills a qol feature

Bought a Cutlass. Did I fuck up?

oh shit

>6 years in development
>only 2 waifus

Disappoint

You can't make wiki when none of the features are set in stone.
*explain how to use a feature*
*new patch change it and make the wiki misleading*

Just stop expecting the comfy of a finished game from a alpha tech demo

I have not completed a single mission or cargo run. I am down to 1600aUEC of the 5k starting amount thanks to server crashes, death by framerate, the loose cargo box missions being tailored to whales and impossible to do with an aurora (seriously what the fuck, there is no way to get the fucking box into the cab even though there's plenty of room) and bugged mobiglass leaving me trapped in a cockpit and unable to control the ship

it sure is pretty though

Getting my first 45+ FPS server
Feels good.

got that the other night, it was real strange. I died and came back to the same server but suddenly it was silky smooth. still took forever for shit like quantum to register though

>/scg/ Star Citizen General #246

Cutlass is cute!

>scg post 3.0

i have seen so many more cutlasses in 3.0 than any other ship so far

>that last cargo run of the day
Please God don't fuck my shit up.

When I try to land at stations, it tells me to go to the assigned landing pad, but there's no indication of which pad that is. Wat do?

Landing hud appears after you deploy landing gear

Thank you based God!

Nice job!
Lanatite or whatever it is tends to go for a bit better, but eh, still a good profit without risking all your dosh.

so is this thing an actual game yet?

how do you have fun in elite dangerous?

you dont, outside a few hours of blowing things up when you first start playing

Anyone here tried this yet?

It's the perfect pragmatic ship

You'd have to shift a *lot* of Larenite to lower the buy price to beat the 30% decrease in value selling price has over buying price.

How do you go from this...

to THIS?

by realizing the cloaks are cool and never should have gone out of style

*170 millions later*

>not using based Haddock's version

When are they going to make it to where you can only enter a pilot/turret seat if you are in a flight suit with no armor?

>posts bait about how 3.0 is never coming, after 3.0

Probably the best all around ship right now

is there any way to know ahead of time what prices are going to be like? how are they even calculated? if a bunch of players deliver the same thing somewhere, it's worth less there?

Turn on your Headlights :>

Ask in chat, hope people aren't dicks.

The sell price is always ~77% the buy price.

likely never

What ship is closest to the Millennium Falcon?

The SR2 Normandy?

hull E without cargo

>What ship is closest to the Millennium Falcon?
The Caterpillar.
>Similar unorthodox shape with side-mounted cockpit
>turrets on top and underneath the ship
>'Freighter' - favored by pirates and other undesirables

>The SR2 Normandy?
>Hi-tech Stealth Frigate
I guess the Polaris, minus any sort of stealth.

The medium data runner no one voted for when they had the chance.

>eternal reminder that the Millennium Falcon was a freight-pusher and it make total sense

How the flip do I request a landing pad at plebski?

Use your mobiglass, it's the comms tab. Just contact them and it happens automatically I thnk

I find it easier to just hold F and change on of my ship's screens to coms

what's the console command to see fps and ms?

r_DisplayInfo 3

Played EvE for a bit, I know joining a corp there was basically a nec3essity. Are there any good corps to join atm?

no

thanks!

>star citizen
>big community
Dude it's literally a scam for PCMR fags who have nothing to spend their NEETbux on. It's like VR.

Just join goons like most of Veeky Forums

Things constantly change; the game is in development. What do you want to know?

>like most of Veeky Forums
fuck off

>VR
>Scam
>is as advertised

The definition of scam is getting real loose

ignore him it's a goon recruiting for his cult episode

VR is actually great tho. Especially now that big names are releasing games. Just look at fallout and dragon sex simulator.

Can 1 mustang blow up an Idris if the pilot was good enough?

yes

no

y not

Possibly

>caterpillar is so big and kills frames so badly that the port authority sends it back to storage while I'm still trying to make it to the cockpit

The shields would just regenerate faster than you can damage them.

but what if they were faster

Is the new Aurora fun?

So are there any npcs to shoot at while on foot?

Also, is there supposed to be a way up to the Cutlass's turret?

not even necessary. I just did a run to Levski, but the shit was selling for less than I paid, so I brought it back. in the time I was gone, the price at Olisar had doubled and I sold it right back to them at a profit. if you have a big ship you don't even need to call it to fill it with cargo, hell hydrogen is free at Levski right now, you could fill your hold for free, log out and come back when it's even 1 aUEC to make a 0 risk profit. it's like being a day trader.

there would be a way to damage its shield gen

>breaching the hangar
>load self-destruct sequence
>escape
It's extremely hard but not impossible

at 10fps is anything fun?

>Fallout VR
>great
lol

ships dont have self destruct sequences...do they?

if not just put a bomb on the magic spinny ball or scary tubes

jump point through the idris?

>Cargo faggots clogging the server to stack a currency that is going to be wiped.
I hate this fucking community. CR spells out what is affecting the game in an unprecedented display of candor and honesty.

The whales reaction:
>I'm going to be the first to a billion aUEC and fuck everyone else playing with me. You don't need good framerate to be a space trucker.

>Taking my constellation out for a spin
>Wind up with two stowaways and since I only have a few hours, have to just let them on board and fly off with no means to get rid of them
>The one guy who wasn't Odyssey, covered head to toe in armour and arms, disappears because he took his helmet off mid flight

Well, okay then.

yes it's the cutlass that's fucking over the server you mongoloid

if you've breached the hangar which is already going to be hard has fuck, why would you not just unload on the inside with your guns?

It has mod support, so yeah it is only getting better.

I wanted my friends to make some money too, but they can't access the terminals when they flew there on my ship. What places sell hand cargo so they can physically chuck it onto the ship and make money?

Cutlass, Cat, Gemini, Connie, it takes all kinds.

If you still take cargo runs after the chairman explained why that was affect the fps for everyone, you are an entitled brainlet faggot.

>after the chairman explained
I follow everything that comes out and didn't see any mention of this, are you referring to the (Autistic) Spectrum?

Yeah, but VR actually has a future :^)

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-performance-tidbits

>From the data we see it is not so much about player count but more about WHAT the players are doing. In our internal testing we didn't witness the performance issues that we saw on PTU or Live once thousands of players got in and started doing all sorts of crazy things. Fill up a Caterpillar with cargo, blow it up over an Outpost on a moon and you can bring the clients and servers to their knees (as you've just added hundreds if not thousands of additional objects to simulate).

>Have a bunch of people fly around in Starfarers and Caterpillars and you're straining the clients and server far more than you would be with a bunch of Auroras and Hornets.

I mean the cargo pinata was sort of a funny joke experiment thing, and it's really cool to find that the engine would rather simulate everything right than cheat at all as it all works in real time (something CIG probably wouldn't have thought to publish)
But that just sounds like what we already know: Bigger ships drain more and they're the limit, not player connections, until instancing and culling comes in (which neither are ready)

Still basically "wait for March".

he said bigass ships were doing it, not cargo runs

anyway, cargo runs are the only way to make any fucking money because the game lags out so hard whenever you try to do missions.

The takeaway is when you are choosing a ship you can do one of 2 things.

You can be a cool daddy-o and pick a Poorora and have fun with your bros.

You can be an entitled dick and get the hugest ship you have because girls won't touch you.

>cargo runs are the only way to make any fucking money
First, FOR FUCKING WHAT REASON DO YOU NEED MONEY IN AN ALPHA WITH NOTHING TO BUY? Especially since you are pissing in everyone's face to do it.

Second, you know this is going to be wiped right? Literally wasting your time.

it can only ferry 3 CU around but that's good since it doesn't impact the server too much. i like the new screen layout on it. it feels like it turns faster than it used to too

>Have fun with your bros
Except the bit where I'm the only one who has more than a poorora out of my friends
AND
I only have a Sabre or a Constellation
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh wait
>FOR FUCKING WHAT REASON DO YOU NEED MONEY IN AN ALPHA WITH NOTHING TO BUY?
Fun
Also it's literally the only way to get new clothes or gear and buy from Dumper's Depot, which is also fun as you customise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯