/domg/ - Dominions General

Nerf Luck Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=AzrizonaIceTea
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Frogomachy
pastebin.com/NQnEKZvp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping this thread for mischief! >:D

wat

I don't deserve this.

New EA game that has UW and non-bullshit maps. Btw if you want to open the gzip file just open with 7zip or something, works fine.

llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=AzrizonaIceTea

Planning game: AzrizonaIceTea

Pretenders so far: 0
Max pretenders: 8
Map: Usonhanmie
Mods: Worthy_Heroes 6.0.1, BetterArena 1.3
Early Age
Score graphs off
Research on Standard
Random starting research off
No story events
Human AI level: Difficult AI
Renaming on
Victory by Thrones of Ascension
Ascension points required for victory: 10
Number of level 1 thrones: 0
Number of level 2 thrones: 8
Number of level 3 thrones: 0
All other settings on default

are those scales good for MA Pan?

>taking a dragon
>ever

t. Pan

i thought pan wants a awake expander and a good bless?

Ichtyids are for ________________

Doesn't MA Pan actually want some resources for cataphracts/hoplites? Could take unrest instead because maenads.

I'd still take quickness but on a dormant god for better scales, you can expand against indies and harass other players fine without it being incarnate, just wait until your god awakens for any major engagements.

Go Cold 3. Go Turmoil 1, Sloth 1. You'll be resource gated at sloth 3, and T1S1 lets you get a reasonable number of centaurs out, you actually need some resources, but sloth 1 will still let you get a few out from your higher prod provinces.

maybe something like this then? If im not taking a awake expander then maybe a gem generating titan will be a better option

If you are taking a bless, you want 6+ dom to get a party of 6 centaurs and a leader in the midgame once you have 5 temples. 7 dom lets you get the 6 centaur party earlier

Yo Marignon, I got something to discuss.

Good lord this game is complete ass. If any of you are on the fence about buying, I advise against it. Complete waste of time and money.

also
>One of them is a teacher.
who gives a shit?

normie gtfo

Nice post user

>Good lord this game is complete ass.

>state opinion somewhere that it will obviously be unpopular
>don't say anything to actually support the statement
Is this even enough to count as bait?

>not taking an iron dragon at const 9

You know that Lemuria guy that's always gloating here? He's got Etimmu with Heroic Quickness and he's still losing horribly.

why do you think this?

What does Yomi do for early research, do they just take the hit and use their shugos since they need to be recruiting them for battles?

Growth, luck, or magic?

Can they really not make forts that have more than 1 commander point?

Well, it's not like he has any gems to gear him with.

Are the soul spells on Xibalba actually any good?

They're situational. The blood ones are nice because the bleed debuff is an amazing antithug tool and being able to apply Regeneration without Ench research can be useful, depending on bless and what you're fighting

2thred

TWO
GEMS

Are any of the games /domg/ is currently/has recently been playing going up on youtube later? It'd be neat to go back and watch one of the other dudes' PoVs and thought process.

>Etimmu with HQ

good lord

>oops, I meant to move my gems to another commander so my mages didn't use them up in a worthless fight
>brings in gems on a non-mage commander to replace accidentally used gems
There's no contradiction here.

I agree, but spooks are acting like it's a massive gotcha that he's resupplying after accidentally using up his gems.

>I agree, but spooks are acting like it's a massive gotcha that he's resupplying after accidentally using up his gems.
BigGhost has been shitposting every day and gloating about even the most trivial win because it's all he has left. Look forward to more when he breaks the siege on his cap for the fourth time!

Post your Nation ideas.

Dragons are great in 5.

just trolls but playable
>standard troll soldiers and moose riders
>sacred troll fighter
>earth mages
>forest recruit forest trolls + nature mages
>UW recruit sea trolls + water mages
just gimme jolly old trolls
>how do you balance a nation of naturally resilient demigiants with default regeneration
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just gib troll

MAKE
GAME
NOW

>4 games
>not a single turn today, on this dayest of days

Human cavemen. Still don't have a good name for it.
>EA
>Tribal shamans/Wizards living in caves
>Built of some early hominid
>Could have ties to Arco or Agartha
>Good mages- potentially having every path of magic. Weak priests, soldiers, and sacreds.
>Cheap chaff unit are rejected or outcasted people. Start with an affliction when recruited; cast out from their normal communities but allowed to live with cave people.
>Weapons are all just bones and rocks.
>Best equipped unit are Neanderthal soldiers with bone armor and stone spears.
>Can recruit Sabertooth tigers and sacred giant sloths.
>They don't last to MA

Will make MA game tomorrow, cause I fucking love Pythium.

NO
MAKE
GAME
NOW

Are the nature globals worth rushing if there aren't any other nature nations? Mother oak is a given and the others have big bonuses but they require a lot more research investment. I know faggot globals like burden of time get dispelled but generally how competitive are people about dispelling shit that doesn't affect them?

IMO if a global isn't actively ruining you, it's not worth spending precious pearls on a dispel attempt. Overcasting the same global to steal it is somewhat common though.

I'd imagine that economy globals would usually only get intentionally dispelled if you're at war with someone or are the biggest and most menacing dude around already. If I'm tits deep in a war with a dude and he casts a global to give him loads of his favorite gems for summons, I'm absolutely dispelling it immediately if I'm able, especially if I'm not a nation with significant native astral mages or otherwise use my pearls for much.

How do you increase Holy besides making a unit your prophet?

There are a few artifacts that boost holy.

this reminds me
>take nation with cheap lv2 priests and either recruitable lv3s or summon bishop fist + land survival item
>prophet lv3 and forge unique holy pathbooster
>prophet is now lv5 and able to cast the holy spell that gives all priests on the field +1 holy
>roll around with prophet+massive ball of lv2 priests with eternal smite spam
it's incredibly retarded but I'm really curious if anyone's ever seen it done

Lemuria gets P3 mages

I'm pretty sure despite the description, divine channeling only affects H1s, not H2s.

Even if you could do it, by the time you have level 8 research there are way better options than a single-target MRN spell.

Oh, and of course you can boost holy with communions, but I assumed the initial question was in the context of wanting H3s to claim thrones.

>That feel when you try to negotiate with a neighbour to ally against an obvious bigger threat and all you get is name calling and jewery

I guess we all wanna lose to ermor as usual

Lemu is the new Ermor!

Communions, power of the spheres also boosts holy path.

Compared to dom4? Is lemu even worse these days? I think I'm gonna stay out of la games if that's the case.

It's so much worse. Well, stronger. Worse for everyone else.

Water elementals or air elementals + storm against low-prot elite troops with magic weapons, assuming no lightning resistance?

It Depends on their attack score. Air eles in storm have 20 def

16 attack, figure the air elemental dies pretty fast from harassment and ethereal being worthless while the water elemental lasts a little longer with pierce res, but flying is still valuable.

What size troops?

2, but at a blessed 20 defense I doubt a tuatha warrior is going to be taking trample damage that often.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGLIN
MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGLIN

2 slots left in llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Frogomachy

Probably water then, preferably into some normal troops so they don't get surrounded.

Do you not have any other options for magic? Neither of those are going to do very well against 20 defense.

Trample does 1 damage even if dodged, so it might be useful just to strip glamour.

Timer returned to 24 hours.

>wish for chayot
>prophetise it
>lose it
>resurrect it as a mummy and prophetise it again
>it now has 12 holy even without items
>single banishment nukes over 100 undeads with dc 20+ and ~15 an dmg
>single-handedly stop ermor blobs

>dc 20+
The MR check difficulty only goes up every two levels extra. It'd be either 15 or 16 for H12 casting banishment.

You can get blessing, rune smasher and other items tho, if you are making silly uber priest you might as well go all out.

How good is transformation? Seems good for nations with lots of old wizards that you can give new, stronger monster bodies.

Or turn them into a pumpkin.

>opponent reveals his incorporation of a new tactic that gives him the upper hand in your fights
>you already have the spells and mages to counter it and you render his investment useless by next turn

quickly: how do I counter yomis warrior mages as C'tis?

Smite with Lizard Kings?

HoS, if it fails, more HoS with shadow blasts, if youre talking about thugs/SCs theres propably an asston of options in your disposal depending on your research and gems
disintegrate is fukken baller

what is HoS?

enough priests casting smite demon will wreck him eventually

Horse of Steel

Whatever happens to Berytos?

Well, they're obviously based on Carthage, so I suppose they got their asses kicked by Ermor.

Where are our H-writefags like pastebin.com/NQnEKZvp

Hat of Screaming

Hoburgs of Strife

We had some already

Link them
I want to see the master enchantress get bred by everything ever

Handholding of Sexual

Jesus Christ Lemuria might actually win this game.

What do we do pals?

Make Atlantis win instead.

Don't call this a grave. This is the future you chose.

Is blind expand worth it? Or is it better to just wait a turn and build up some troops and a mage first?

itdepends.jpg

I would do a lot of turn 2 tests where you just throw your starting army into random shit to see what they can or can't beat.

Certain nations like EA Pan I'll blind expand no matter what because I don't even want to keep the starting army, commander included. All centaurs all the time.

In almost all cases, no. Even with an awake expander it's not worth it. You never know when something nasty might be right next to you. Having to wait for one turn isn't worth the risk of losing your entire expansion party, or even worse your pretender. Especially when you can be 99% sure everyone else will be waiting one turn as well.

sounds like a plan atlantis

It's a high chance of wasting all of your starting troops that could have taken two or three easy provinces, served as lance-catchers, guarded commander from attack rear, etc. All for a chance of one turn's worth of one province's gold/resources. I only blind expand with indy-proof awake expander pretenders.

Hey Atlantis, can you forge frost brands yet?

I really like the new Reconstruction bless effect.

Is there any nations that make heavy use of golems, claymen, terracotta, those lightning statues and other animated construct summons?

Claymen and Terracotta Soldiers aren't sacred, so it wouldn't help them AFAIK.

You could equip Golem thugs with a Shroud to help them though. Many Astral nations, especially those that don't have native recruitable or summonable thugs/SCs, will at least make use of Golems in the lategame. I don't think I've ever seen a lategame Arcoscephale that didn't use Golems, for example. At least in Dom4, I haven't seen enough lategame situations in Dom5 to judge if anything changed in that regard. Though with how easy it is to get a decent bless with the new system, I doubt Shrouded Golems have become a less viable option.

>Claymen and Terracotta Soldiers aren't sacred

Oh yeah, excuse me for being retarded.

At the very least; is there another moment when you can use them or spam them for armies? I think these units are really cool and nice for earth pretenders just for the magic paths/gems alone, but I'm not sure what strategic situation would fit them.

They're decent upkeep-free line-holders that won't rout while your mages do what mages do. They're not worth basing your strategy on, but they can be quite effective in a pinch.

I wish the Inspiring Presence bless was less expensive.

There are quite a lot of situations where I'd like to take it over Improved Morale, but I really can't justify paying 4 points for +1 Morale. I mean sure it's less restrictive than Improved Morale, but it's still restricted to sacred commanders. And the increased troop capacity isn't worth much in most situations.

I can see the use for something like EA Atlantis, where you could have a Basalt Queen carting around a horde of Deep Ones chaff to just steamroll over everything that lacks sacreds/mage support, but even then, +1 Morale isn't really necessary and paying 4 points for it is just a shitty deal.