/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/e4b6fcm4ifzh26g/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_064-071_(v09)_[VIZ].7z
mediafire.com/file/ee8vlit2icd67wr/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_072-080_(v10)_[VIZ].7z
bilibili.com/video/av17627302/
mediafire.com/file/6zv6fabp965qjob/MHFH1.7z
mediafire.com/file/zfjacx8c0keuxps/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_008_-_015_(v02)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/cox39w9dcmc4c4m/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_016_-_023_(v03)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/9es7g61k7qrp9ss/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_024_-031_(v04)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/xhbslgska2d27br/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_032-039_(v05)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/84bi3crimlxabr5/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_040-047_(v06)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/37jif4356olcb8l/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_048-055_(v07)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/vzdbg6yolyay5ri/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_056_-063_(v08)_[VIZ].7z
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huntresses

Is it worth importing XX to fight all the monsters I missed in Generations?

I'm really scared guys. Rathalos in the beta was basically fighting like Azure Rath. So if Azure Rath is in the game what the fuck is he going to be like?

Just pirate it

Silver.

Wanna play it on Switch, my 3ds has dead pixels.

Azure is strictly worse than Silver though.

BUT WHAT ABOUT SILVER RATHALOS THEN

How can you break something that is quasi inexistant?

Then buy it digitally if you can stand the moonrunes. You won't be missing much in terms of dialogue and the menus are easy to navigate.
XX is fun

I'm kind of sad that with all the things they could do that on Coral Highlands so far matches the top tier aesthetic that Portable 3rd had. Wildspire Wastes is probably the best standard desert map we've had, but at the same time it only feels like part of a desert since a large chunk is swamp and there is that one zone that the ancient forest bleeds into; which is probably going to be the area that the story dumps us into the wastes.

At least I'm assuming we're getting dumped into maps via the story since the opening crashes into the Ancient Forest and there's that cutscene tease of falling into the Rotten Vale.

They aren't very good. Mizutsune is the best fight of the bunch and it's just like ludroth's big brother.

Then that's good!

It'll fight like rathian. Keeps going til you get to goldian which fights like regular rathalos.

Don't forget to worship the best weapon.
It's got you protected, anytime.

Don't how digital slipped my mind. I'll do that, thanks.

Every time I see this piece of shit it becomes clearer that someone at Capcom purposely made it the best weapon.

Even though it's "4U CB but even more fucked" it looks pretty fun

Hi /mhg/.

Well, yeah, the weapons aren't supposed to be balanced.
Besides, all their PR guys play CB, all the guys they invited to cover the game play CB, why would they not make CB OP as fuck? Balance doesn't make money, deliberately making popular weapons OP does.

Yeah I love how Wildspire is like two maps in one with the swamp areas. Also the wedge beetles really make area 10 easy to get out of fuck I love the grappling hook.

hang on
>keeps shield charge after SAED
nani the HE*K

>no content
>no difficulty
>shit balance
So are you all just buying World for the graphics then?

You can keep your bones when you're dead, user.

I'm not buying world. I might pirate it as an extended demo for world g though.

Yes actually.

>no content

they directly stated free monster additions after release

>no difficulty

shit dude you already played the full game?

>shit balance

who cares

>No content
Cool time machine dude
>No diffculty
Cool time machine dude
>Shit balance
Just because CB is retarded doesn't mean the game isn't well balance, most of the weapons are fantastic and got solid times, only SnS and IG got cucked.

The balance is better than 4U and I bet you love that game.

Same narga slut as the last thread?

I'm buying it for casual hunting fun online on the big screen with a proper controller.
I don't need content, difficulty or balance.

Hopefully we get a set with tremor res before fighting Calcium Uragaan. I might just use HBG for him god Uragaan sucks

flame king rath comes back

IG is cucked because its bug is shit, and it doesn't have a big super move to spam against the extremely passive monsters.
But that's a problem a lot of the weapons have right now. Too strong if they can spam their super move, too weak if they can't. Bow is top tier vs Diablos and Anjanath because of Dragonpiercer spam, and bottom tier on every other monster. CB is complete shit if you don't play it as SAED spam. GS is going to go to shit as soon as the monsters no longer let you combo off into true charges.

Basically, as soon as the monsters start posing a threat, the game falls apart.

As someone who always opts to play as a Necromancer (or something similar) in every game possible, I love this post.

I'm buying it for the fun gameplay just like did for ever MH before it.

>fun gameplay
Spamming your strongest move against monsters that stand still for half the fight is fun gameplay?
This isn't even Monster Hunter.

I'm getting the PC version for 60fps and HD huntress sluts.

>Basically, as soon as the monsters start posing a threat, the game falls apart.
Unless you play hammer or lance or DB or GL or LS or HBG or LBG or any weapon that doesn't rely on a giant slow attack for all its damage

I'm buying it twice and there's nothing you can do about it

no we're buying it for female characters who look like humans

>Spamming your strongest move against monsters that stand still for half the fight is fun gameplay?
People thought it was back in Freedom Unite.

Volume 9 and 10 for user
mediafire.com/file/e4b6fcm4ifzh26g/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_064-071_(v09)_[VIZ].7z
mediafire.com/file/ee8vlit2icd67wr/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_072-080_(v10)_[VIZ].7z

GL and LS do rely on giant slow attacks for all their damage now actually. And there's the entire problem. As soon as you can't land those giant slow attacks anymore, you might as well just stop using those weapons entirely, and use the few that don't rely on dumb impractical super moves that are impossible to land against endgame monsters.

Don't you see the problem with this?

That's every monster hunter

Not at all? Some weapons are really good early game but worse late game, others are worse early game but better late game.
What's bad about this?

GL relies on upswing slam sweep for its damage and wyvernstake is optional if you have the time for it. That combo isn't that long. LS doesn't even rely on Helm Splitter for all its damage its just a boost.

got links to the other volumes?

t. shitter with no sense of timing

bilibili.com/video/av17627302/
>implying any MH game has ever been this fucking pathetic

Butterface, too.

Sad we have to shoulder Nintedo's horrible legacy despite the platform change.

>Want to buy physical Steelbook copy of MHW
>Digital Deluxe Edition comes with tons of cool shit

EAT SHIT SONY I DON'T WANT TO BE A DIGITAL KEK I WANT TO HAVE A PHYSICAL CD.

>Diablos aggros at 1 minute
>does its first attack at 1:40
>40 entire seconds of inactivity
That's actually sad.

What's wrong with the motorcycle?

God they made the Diablos so slow in this game

The same GL that could barely get in a stab stab upswing combo in 4U? The GL that had its moves slowed down from 4U?

Its flashed you retard

the physical CD doesn't do shit anyway. it just authenticates and then the content is stored on your console.

for like 10 seconds, and flashed monsters are supposed to attack blindly, not stand there helplessly

>freedom unite
>rush GS or HBG and spam level 3s or pierce to win
>bloses and kelbidrome die to most obscure shot types
>lao
>the hitbox joke
>
>
>the rest of the hitbox joke
why do we love this game again

>shit balance
Just like every Monster Hunter.

All the monsters are fucking slow, probably so that you can actually land your stupid anime super moves.
"Fixing" one problem with an even bigger problem, sasuga MH.

It roars at 1:25. Call me optimistic, but the fact that it sat around until then looks like a bug, not intentional.

mediafire.com/file/6zv6fabp965qjob/MHFH1.7z
mediafire.com/file/zfjacx8c0keuxps/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_008_-_015_(v02)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/cox39w9dcmc4c4m/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_016_-_023_(v03)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/9es7g61k7qrp9ss/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_024_-031_(v04)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/xhbslgska2d27br/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_032-039_(v05)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/84bi3crimlxabr5/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_040-047_(v06)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/37jif4356olcb8l/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_048-055_(v07)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/vzdbg6yolyay5ri/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_056_-063_(v08)_[VIZ].7z

tfw hate XXX rated but love mizutsune armour

bubbles + furor or whatever that skill was that boosts attack when you have a status effect was a neat gimmick too even if it was ultimately just a roundabout way of getting e+1 and AUL.

thank you

how do i git gud with weapons other than sns ?
playing 4u right now, i can do most thing with sns with more or less problems, but i want to stop being a shitter that can only use sns
mostly interested in hammer and sa, but when i play them, the hunts either take me 25+ minutes to complete or i cart 3 times in 10

>the devs should get away with never fixing anything because it's monster hunter, it's always been shit

i'd chalk it up to fortunate RNG having diablos choose to sit there.

who knows how many takes it took to get that video/time with bow. turns out the one that worked out was the one that had good RNG.

World is the first time Diablos is actually fun to fight, no more spending half the fight underground and the other half REEEEEEEEEing like a complete autist

You get it a day early buying digital user.

Everyone that actually plays monster hunter that went to the Osaka event said that the damage values and timing is different in the main game and used Anjanath as an example. You can always write it off as shilling, but demos have always been braindead in the past.

If you need help I'll be at the northwest camp

>Being a digital "license" cuck instead of being a game OWNER

Not defending it, just saying that the devs have no interest in changing it, so anyone buying a MH game should know what they're getting into. I don't think anyone buys a MH game unless they can accept that the balancing is going to be garbage.

BUT IT'S A BETA

>when you're so delusional that you think an image like this will help your case
I do wonder whose decision it was to oversaturate 4/4U so badly, on a different note. 3/3U/X/XX all had reasonable saturation.

>no more spending half the fight underground
use sonics
>and the other half REEEEEEEEEing like a complete autist
Use earplugs

I've still got my fingers crossed that the demo is trying to trick new players into buying the full game.

Monsters can taunt multiple times in a row, or just go full retard sometimes
I've seen shit like Tigrex doing his shitty little taunt bite three times in a row in 4U, only stopped when he got flinched on the third one. Or Brachydios doing his tail spin fucking six times in a row.

Because it's the best in the series

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

Look at actual gameplay from the Osaka event, Anjanath behaves exactly the same.
It just does more damage because the players have less defense.

No problem.

>they trick everyone with muted Diablos and save the super raging autism Diablos for HR and up the autism with Black Diablos
no...
No.
NO!

It's not really a beta. It's a show floor demo that they just added online connectivity to in order to test their servers. The build is so old that armor and weapons don't even have their proper names; like the Pukei set still being called the Forest set.

All you can hope for is that the devs favor your preffered weapons in each title. GL, Hammer and SA all got decent deals so I'm happy with World. SnS and IG got shafted so I'd understand if someone dislikes World because those are their favorites.

BRING IT BACK

>X/XX
> reasonable saturation.

That cosplayer, nonsummerjack, literally is a hooker. On her site you can pay her $300 to fuck her.

GS is actually garbage until G rank, you rush LS, Hammer or HBG.

>flashed monsters are supposed to attack blindly, not stand there helplessly
t. 200hourlet

Different monsters react differently to being flashed, diablos has a roughly 33-33-33 chance of standing still for around five seconds, taunting and doing a random attack every few seconds it's flashed. Ukanlos and Akantor notably taunt once every time they're flashed and then recover, allowing one person to completely lock them down with flash bombs alone. Rathalos on the other hand stays flashed for like 20 seconds and acts like a complete spastic while flashed, so even flashing it to knock it out of the air sucks because it's only on the ground for five of those seconds.

Except the start up on every attack in the footage shown has been faster in the Osaka footage with less downtime between attacks. Unless you're saying everyone is shilling so hard they purposely speed up their videos.

You have never owned a game though. Not a single one.

>so even flashing it to knock it out of the air sucks
Better than chasing it to a new area.

I wasn't saying that it's a good thing or even an okay thing. I'm saying that if that's enough of a problem for you not to buy the game you have clearly never bought a monster hunter and need to leave.

You never flashed a Diablos in Unite? It's a homage to the last good mh.

Diablos gets disabled for ridiculously long times by Flashes and Paralysis
IIRC the first para you get on a Diablos in a hunt lasts over 30 seconds.

Compared to eye cancer 4u yes

It's more than pre-4, still straying from the desaturated nature documentary aesthetic the older games and world go for, but it's not a gross unrealistic amount of saturation. It's the closest to "realistic" colour. And you can easily see the difference between areas that were in both 4U and XX, they're considerably less saturated in XX.

Not before this one.